Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Just a form

Coruscant
Jedi Temple-Training Room
Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Aiden was sitting in the training room in one of the the many chairs that was against the wall. He had made himself a promise that he would work more on his lightsaber technique. Especially with the incident with the criminal late in the evening with Aveline. It's not that he didn't like it, it was a good skill to have and extremely necessary to be a Jedi. If he was to be operating out by himself later on in his life, it would be an amazing asset to have. In his mind, unlike his father in his younger years from what he was told. Combat wasn't always the first option.

Necessary to have though.

Aiden was able to get in touch with several padawans seeking help and training in the lightsaber arts. There were some that were even more advance than he was at the padawan level. It would be good to get different perspectives and to obtain a deep understanding of the weapon and its forms. It was all about learning the ways of the Jedi and the force. Those in the Temple he deeply respected, even though he hadn't met them all yet.

Aiden sat in anticipation as he awaited the arrival of Dreidi, whom he actually had met in person yet.

Aiden's brow furrowed slightly as he realized he was getting pretty hungry. Perhaps after she'd want to go for some food. The Jedi thought hopefully as he closed his eyes to focus himself while he waited.

Outfit: Padawan Garb
Tags: Aiden Porte Aiden Porte

Dreidi had gotten the chance to arrange a sparring practice with another Padawan. The name was Aiden Porte, she was curious to see how he would do in the spar together. Dreidi had been focusing on her Makashi form lately, her skills with reverse Shien were still good and she wanted to improve her duelling capabilities since the fight against Carnifex demonstrated to her that she was severely lacking in her skills. Hair braided into a tight bun and out of her eyes, she was making sure that she had the best chance in the fight and that nothing could hinder her chances to win. This was one step in proving she was the best Jedi Padawan around and that her skills would get her to be the best Jedi Master, she needed to do that. Slow breathing, she released the anxiety as she walked to the agreed to meeting point.

Arriving, Dreidi stepped into the room and nodded in greeting to the other Padawan. "I'm Dreidi, what rules did you want for the spar? Purely Lightsaber only or did you want to include the Force?" Dreidi asked, she very dedicated in figuring out how sparring partners wanted to approach a duel. It was also clear that she was focused on business, little room for non-sparring talk. She was working off an empty stomach since her anxieties about being able to prove she was the best at sparring meant that she couldn't eat without risk of vomiting and she was not going to allow that risk to happen. Igniting her dark orange blade, she held it in the reverse Shien stance.

"Looking forward to seeing how this duel goes!" Dreidi smiled warmly, adjusting the settings on her saber to ensure it was safe as well. Eyes watching Aiden to see if he would make the first move.

Coruscant
Jedi Temple-Training Room

"Purely lightsaber is fine with me." Aiden nodded as he reached for his lightsaber, taking a look at the training saber once more just to ensure power was turned down to the proper level. The Padawan had been working with the basics of lightsaber forms and that was Shii-Cho, the oldest and most basic form. And it would work well for him at least for now. He knew his father had Mastered form three and he hoped in the years coming to start working on that defensive style.

The green blade came to life with a snaphiss and the Jedi padawan did a traditional salute towards Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Aiden got in formation and took a deep breath before he began his advance. A series of vertical and horizontal strikes as he pressed towards Dreidi. It was a somewhat slow motion as Aiden was getting his bearings. This was his first actual duel with someone after all. She would be able to tell that this was his first duel, that was evident enough. Aiden broke off for a brief second before he pressed the advance again, slightly faster this time.

It was an art, and he didn't want to mess it up, however he knew that mistakes were bound to happen.

Lightsaber focused was fine with her, she would love to go all out one day but her teleportation and Magick stuff could still be a bit of a wildcard for her. She could make sure she was within a two feet radius of the areas she was meant to be but that was only when she was focused. Otherwise it could end up being a bit more wild. Tilting her head, she noticed that Aiden was using a training saber, not his own Lightsaber, and using Shii-Cho which was the first form most learn. Hells, Dreidi learnt Shii-Cho when she was youngling from her father. Pausing, Dreidi was curious if this was so kind of ploy to have her thinking he was a total newbie to fighting or if this was genuinely the fact.

When he saluted, Dreidi was tempted to slash at him and warn him to never bow to an opponent. She had been taught to treat every sparring match as a life or death situation and politeness, respect and fairness did not exist in reality, no matter how much they wished it did.

"Wait, is this really your first duel? Am I really the first person you are duelling with?" Dreidi asked in all seriousness. The guy looked around about her age and she couldn't wrap her head around the fact that someone at that age, with the ongoing war, had never sparred or been in a fight with another person. As his strikes came, Dreidi sidestepped and gracefully moved around the blade, she knew Shii-Cho fairly well from her childhood and right now she wasn't focused on the sparring match but wanting to know if her suspicions were right.

When the last strike came, Dreidi blocked with her Lightsaber, holding it firmly in place. "Is that why you don't have your own Lightsaber? Or do you not know how to turn the safety settings on your own Lightsaber?" Dreidi asked, she was comfortable fighting and talking, it had been what she done when sparring with others and when she fought Sith too. It was apparently a trait that she gained from her father.

Aiden could sense her tone of surprise with him, however that was partly true and then not true.

"Well, not entirely. I'm not incompetent when it comes to the lightsaber. I know all the basics of safety and strikes and the beginnings of Shi-Cho."
Aiden said as the attack was sidestepped and then they engaged again in combat. She seemed to like to talk during the fight, which Aiden didn't have a problem with. He just would have to focus more on his timings and stay on the task at hand.

"The only people I have sparred with is my father, mother and sister, but I do not count that. That's why I say technically my first due to they are family. While they aren't biased, I still want a second opinion. Not to mention majority of my time was spent training with the force, then with the lightsaber. Lightsaber was always second, perhaps when it shouldn't be. That's just how it went with me growing up."
Aiden said as they were deadlocked and he broke off for a moment. Aiden took a deep breath and came forward again, mixing his attacks up from vertical overhead strikes and a horizontal strike coming from this right. It was the same reason that his father had trained him but he wouldn't fully take him on as an apprentice. It was a conflict of interest and he felt his father didn't want to mix any of that personal and professional.

He understood it, he couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed. Granted it was just the up and coming training the advancement to knight however long that would take the Jedi Padawan. Further training would be available, but for now Aiden knew that he needed to get things done on his own accord. He traveled with his family, and wasn't in the wings of the New Jedi Order until just recently.

"I apologize."
Aiden said with a small grunt as the blows continued. And he even couldn't help but chuckle. "I'm not really what you expected, that's precisely why I'm getting my training in now."

It was good that Aiden was able to talk and fight, meant that he wasn't as novice as it seemed at first. Though she was more curious as they fought, Dreidi using Makashi to block, parry and redirect his attacks away from her as she listened calmly and patiently. It was similar to a cat toying with its prey, "were you late starting your Lightsaber training? I mean, both my parents were Force Users and my father made sure we knew at least the basics and decent amount of Shii Cho when we were children. I mean, even as a secondary focus, shouldn't you know more than just the basics of the form after years of training?" Dreidi asked curious, trying to understand the training Aiden got and how different it was from her own upbringing even though on paper they had similar parents.

"I have sparred with as many Padawans as I could, on Kashyyyk, here, and on Naboo. I duelled with my father when a child because he was the most skilled with a Lightsaber, my mother and sister who lived with us tended to be Force based. I regularly spar with my eldest sister but she's also my Master so, it kinda makes sense to." Dreidi stated as she danced around the sparring floor, guiding the several strikes away and testing the defences of Aiden as they talked. She was hardly done talking and didn't want to ruin the conversation by focusing on the fight too much. Also it seemed fair to allow Aiden practice that he needed.

Shifting around, she watched, waited and shifted position, slicing towards Aiden. "My parents were focused on demonstrating the importance of both equally, as much time went into Lightsaber practice as it did to Force studies. I maintain that even now. Some tend to have focuses on one or the other more, I mean that's how we get Jedi Guardians and Consulars right?" Dreidi mentioned as she tested the defences of Aiden with firm, quick strikes. "So, if you did personally prefer to focus on one side more than the other, then that shouldn't be a bad thing. Just depends on what you want your studies to be right?"

"Meh, most of the fights tend to be quiet and over quickly, its nice to have a change of pace and you aren't as boneheaded as some people I met around here." Dreidi smirked, offering a friendly smile to Aiden. "Anyway, if ended up wanting to spar more often, we could end up getting better together and maybe someday you could prove to be a real challenge." Dreidi teased.

Coruscant
Jedi Temple
Training Room

Everything she said was perfectly stated, there wasn't a false note anywhere. He had leaned more towards the arts of the force, then the lightsaber. However the more time he spent her at the Temple and the potentiality of the looming war with the Empire. There was always a time that you were put into a fight. And with that being noted, Aiden did not want to be a burden on his fellow Padawans or even the rest of the Order because he couldn't handle himself. So he would continue training and he would grow and get better, as all Jedi did.

She advanced on him, her strikes coming towards her. He warded off each blow with good form and stance. However, he knew that in a actually fight, things would be much different. "That's exactly right." Aiden spoke while the blows against continued. He focused and did his best, but he was definitely a better multi tasker than he gave himself credit for. "As I joined up here, I learned that while I learned more about the ways of the force. My abilities with the lightsaber would need to improve. I couldn't imagine my inexperience getting someone hurt. So, that's pretty much why I'm doing this. I can put in the extra practice, and attempt to be the best version of myself."

Aiden parried the last attack as he broke off for a moment. He took a deep breath and in instict he twirled the saber hilt in his hand before grabbing a good grasp with both of them.

He couldn't help but laugh at her comment.
"Anyway, if ended up wanting to spar more often, we could end up getting better together and maybe someday you could prove to be a real challenge."

"Are you kidding?" Aiden with a big smile. "I thought I was winning." The padawan said as he advanced on her. Speaking in total jest, as it was clear that she was the far superior lightsaber duelist than he was. If he hoped to get better, he would have to train more intensely.

"Don't hold back. I can use the knowledge." Aiden said as their dance of orange and green continued in the training room. "I can take some bruises. Just as long as I don't lose an arm training!" He declared and then laughed slightly.

Dreidi noted the strong and solid form techniques from Aiden and couldn't help but be impressed, Dreidi was surprised that her initial strikes didn't hit the areas that she was intending to target. But she was far from attempting her best in this fight and she adjusted her mindset, she had been worried that attempting too hard or demonstrating too much skill would set Aiden back and not allow them to work as sparring partners. She shifted her weight and adjusted to Shien stance, something a bit more aggressive and allow her to add more pressure.

"I am constantly training my skills in combat, both through the Force and through Lightsaber combat, because I refuse to allow anyone to get harmed. I failed when Naboo fell, I couldn't protect the people there, I need to be better to make sure that I can fight in the future to save everyone. People tend to see me as aggressive or arrogant or jumping in blind, but I'm just trying to prove I can fight and protect everyone. Don't need to be coddled." Dreidi wasn't sure why she was confessing all this to a stranger, it was nothing new since she shared all these fears with her therapist but it was new to share with someone she had just met. Perhaps it was in part because he was someone not jumping to judge her.

Seeing him grip with two hands, Dreidi shifted from her lighter strikes from her left hand to holding the Lightsaber in her right for stronger, more aggressive strikes. Being ambidextrous had its benefits and Dreidi trained herself to be able to use both hands like her father but to fight differently in each hand. "Well, if I bet you in two moves I wouldn't be able to get much of a sweat going on now, would I?" Dreidi teased back as she circled around, seeing how he had shifted now he was using two hands. He still had better weight advantage and height but she knew she was faster, more experienced and she was still fresh.

"No. Making you bruise and beating you with injuries isn't going to teach you anything but how to get hurt. You need to see every sparring match, every duel as a fight to the death. Because in a real fight, that is how it goes. You fight to the death, no holding back because the enemy never does." Dreidi stated firmly, mimicking what she was taught when she sparred. "So, I injure you and you are already dead. Better off being shown how to survive and fight well." Dreidi stated as she pulled back slightly.

From there, she launched forward and lashed at Aiden, hard and heavy strikes aiming to slice at his chest and arms. Dreidi smirked, "I mean, after I beat you of course." Teasing him with a slight giggle in her tone.

Coruscant
Jedi Temple
Training Room

The Jedi Padawan was indeed being tested as the strikes came quicker and faster. He was bring the blade up in just enough time, not a moment at all to spare in order to deflect and block the attacks. "I am definitely more force oriented." Aiden said with a small smile as their blades locked and the dance of sabers continued. "I'm not going to lie though, this is going pretty well." Aiden spoke quickly as his blade caught another attack just in time to save the blade from tagging him. Not that he was doing better than she was, obviously not. But the fact was that he was enjoying this a lot more than he thought he would. That and he was learning, quicker than he naturally thought with this process. Anytime he was learning, as dorky as it sounded he was rather enjoying himself.

He would definitely be in here more often. "Well, If I train with you on a regular basis perhaps one day I'll be able to best you." Aiden said with a small grunt just as he got tagged by the blade against his chest and he backed away a few steps. He couldn't help but laugh at this. "It doesn't sting too bad, however its better than the real thing going completely through my body." He said with a small nod and respectful bow towards his partner. He rubbed his chest slightly before he gripped the lightsaber with both hands again.

"Again!" Aiden said with a nod of his head and he head his lightsaber vertically, waiting for her to move against him.

It was easy to tell from the way Aiden had moved with his Lightsaber and the words he had said that he was definitely more Force oriented than combat based. "Well, I have a healthy mix of both. I will never be the best Lightsaber fighter out there but I can do a decent amount of Force and Magick to keep most on the toes." Dreidi mentioned as she watched him block and went through the drills and motions of attacking. "Sure. I mean if you really wanted to put yourself through the paces then we should do both Force and Lightsaber. That can be a lot messier and can either last a lot longer or end in a few short moves. Though I am sure me teleporting around the room would not be helpful in you learning how to fight." Dreidi giggled as she revealed a small amount of her skills outside Lightsaber combat.

Dreidi chuckled lightly, "funny, I swear I thought I heard you say you think you could be best me someday. I would have to be a decrepit old lady for that to happen!" She teased as she twirled her Lightsaber in her hands before going in on her strikes. Seeing one land, Aiden commented on it stinging, "well stinging helps remind you that you would have died if I had been someone trying to kill you. And the sting is nothing to the real thing." Dreidi shuddered as she remembered the intense burning pain she felt during Empress Teta invasion where Carnifex slice her stomach.

Aiden was eager to go again, Dreidi needed a short breather due to the memories of Empress Teta coming back and the sight of Jax. It had been gruelling and she hadn't really gotten over everything that happened there. Shaking her head to free herself of those dark thoughts, Dreidi smiled and nodded her head. "Again it is then!" Familiar cocky, eager and playful tone in her voice again. Waiting to see how he held the Lightsaber, Dreidi moved forward and launched a feint to Aiden's side before kicking hard to his stomach with her actual attack.

Aiden couldn't help but chuckle as he cocked his head to the side. "I've got a feeling we will both be fighting each other into old age." The Jedi Padawan laughed as he held his lightsaber in a defensive stance. "So, force and saber it is then!" Aiden said with a smile as she charged him and the feint caught him off guard slightly as her kick towards his stomach landed knocking him back. Using the force as aid, he was able to maneuver up and preformed a small back flip and landed on his feel. Albeit, stumbling slightly as he landed, he regained his footing quickly enough as he chuckled.

"You got me on that one." Aiden smirked as he cleared his throat. Aiden couldn't notice himself loosening up somewhat, becoming a bit more relaxed as the fight pushed on. The Jedi Padawan's hand moved outward as he sent a force push towards Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

The comment about fighting into their old age together had Dreidi pretty floored. What did Aiden mean by that? Was it purely just platonic sparring partners? There were some races that viewed life long sparring partners as more than that but Aiden didn't look Echani or anything so Dreidi wanted to say that she doubted that was what he meant. It was just the uncertainty and the fact that she just happy sparring and getting better with her own skills. Adding in dating seemed a dangerous combination. "Well, we'll see, you might get bored with losing to me all the time well before you get old. According to my mother, old for me is going to be a long, long time." Dreidi stated, having learnt about Zorren ancestry long ago and that most live thousands of years.

Force and saber now? Interesting but no Magick, Aiden only mentioned the Force and it would be good practiced for Dreidi to only stick to what her Force skills. In the same way that it would be good for her to only use her Magick and not have the Force in a fight. That way, she could improve both and ensure that she could focus on one or another if the time ever called for it.

As Aiden launched a Force Push towards Dreidi, she countered with one of her own and allowed the two pushes cancel each other out. Breathing in deeply, Dreidi allow the Force to wash over her body, granting her greater mobility and speed in the form of Force Speed. Curious to see how Aiden would cope with faster, more aggressive blows of Djem So. Rushing forward faster than someone should be able to go, Dreidi launched her volley of blows up Aiden.

"I've got plenty of time to practice then, don't I?" Aiden said with a small grunt while their sabers clashed against each other.

"Well, we'll see, you might get bored with losing to me all the time well before you get old. According to my mother, old for me is going to be a long, long time."

"How long exactly?!" Aiden inquired he had heard of stories of species that lived a long time. Aiden's life span was as normal as the average human being. However he hoped to live a good long life. He figured if he did everything he was supposed to do, that shouldn't be too hard.

The force pushes cancelled each other out and then she rushed him, which did catch the Jedi Padawan off guard. Each successful deflect was met just barely, and he was doing a good job at that. However two strikes caught him off guard as he dropped to one knee. Strikes against his chest and the side of his arm.

He wasn't in pain, however it did sting slightly. "Well done...." Aiden said with a small chuckle and he rubbed his chest slightly. This was all a learning curve for him. The more practice the better he would get, that was just how it went. Just like starting off training with the force or anything else to be quite honest.

Aiden rose back to his feet, and took a deep breath.

"Keep going, or you want to take a small break?" Aiden inquired, he was happy with either or.

When Aiden asked how long she lived, Dreidi shrugged her shoulders. "Apparently, since I am part Zorren, not pure royalty like my mother, I am expected to live two thousand years. There is meant to be some other things I get as well but never paid much attention. Just know I went through a change to embrace my Zorren part and now get to live two thousand years." Dreidi sighed, she didn't really know what to do with that fact, it was a long time and everyone she knew was likely to die during that time.

Shaking her head when Aiden offered to keep going, "better to break now. Pushing yourself is good but only when you are in the correct mindset to do so." Dreidi threw a spare water bottle at Aiden so he had something to drink and ensure he wasn't getting dehydrated. "So, tell me about your family. Normal human lifespan?" Dreidi inquired since they were taking a short break to catch their breath. Dreidi chugged some water as she leaned against the wall.

"Two thousand years?!" Aiden exclaimed with a smile. "So forget about the fighting to old age, I'll be older and you probably would be looking just as you do now." Aiden chuckled and winked at her. "Like you haven't aged a day."

Aiden thought that was quite cool to be honest. She would be around to see the galaxy for a long time.

"better to break now. Pushing yourself is good but only when you are in the correct mindset to do so."
"So, tell me about your family. Normal human lifespan?"

"Normal lifespan for sure." Aiden said with a smile as he reached for his own bottle and took a drink. The water incredibly refreshing for the Jedi Padawan. "My father was born on Naboo, hes a Jedi Master and he lives on Naboo with my mother. She's a pilot and Jedi as well. My twin sister takes after our mother. She's a pilot as well."

She frowned. "Doesn't that freak you out? That we'll be similar ages but you'll look so much older than me? I'll spend most of my life watching people I love grow old and die. That, unless I am with another Zorren, I might outlive my own children if I ever wanted any?" These were things that were constantly on her mind as someone who had time to dwell on such matters.

Drinking her water, she thought about how terrifying it would be to age the way she was.

"I lived on Naboo for awhile. Glad to hear he survived the attack there. That day was terrifying..." The collapse of the CIS when monsters attacked Naboo, it was beyond scary and Dreidi could remember it all vividly. "Pilot is cool, never learnt to fly myself, I should since I never like to stay any one place too long but takes such a long time to learn how to fly."

"I got two older sisters and a brother. Eldest sister is my Master, brother I haven't spoken to in years and same with my other sister. Last time I saw Nitya, she was still following in our mother's footsteps."
Dreidi realised that most of her family she was no longer in contact with, it was such a hard burden to carry inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom