Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Jupiter

Resurgent Narrative

R
bp42N6T.png

Avalonia, Dosuun
First Order Space

Mr. Armand Nathael 'Nate' Branneth always felt that places like the RHA should be more common among the galaxy. It was always the servicemen and women who paid the high price of maintaining a nation's security and freedom. It was no different here in the First Order, most especially here, he thought for a moment. There were a set of gardens out in the back, where the veterans who lived there found some manner of peace. Branneth had never been one for military service so he always thought those who had, and did, were the bravest among them all. In a galaxy where space wizards and sorcerers often battled one another. The armed forces were simply the most human element of them all. Branneth hadn't been on Dosuun when the Ssi-Ruu struck, but his family had paid a price.

Natasi Fortan had perished, she had been the last of the main bloodline of their family. When news of her resurrection reached him, he knew he had to show up and be there for her, for Ariel and the rest of his kin. Today he would meet with Prennis Keeoli Prennis Keeoli someone who once served the First Order, the offerings he had today for her - would largely depend on what she wanted to do. She would be greeted at Armitage Intergalactic Starport by a government detail and brought by a private vehicle to the Royal Hospital of Avalonia. Nate stopped a moment and looked up at the First Order's flag that flew high on the flagpole. Red, black, white and gold - leave it to the First Order to break the structure of a three colored flag.

So many men and women had died for the First Order, and so many others had been left in ruins. It was, as Ariel put it, their responsibility to see to their care for the rest of their lives. After all, they had volunteered so much of themselves it seemed only right, only natural to care for them in return. The First Imperial Medical Service took great pride in taking care of the men and women in the armed forces. It was how their reputation came about, and now they were the largest and perhaps oldest healthcare organization within the First Order. He watched as the medical personnel walked across the gardens in their uniforms. The unsung heroes he thought for a moment, the medics, the nurses, and doctors who gave their lives on that dreadful day. Nate's mind wandered to the memorials in Victoria that had been built in their honor. He took in a deep breath and exhaled, the Galidraani man turned on his heels and made his way back to the RHA, with the hopes of meeting with the good doctor at the front.

☤ Golden Heart, Cold Hands ☤
{ Location: RHA, Avalonia, Dosuun }
{ Things: Outfit, gauntlet, personal commlink }
{ Tag: Resurgent Narrative }
~ ~

It was as if another city altogether had risen in Old Avalonia's stead. And, thanks to the Ssi-Ruu, in part it had.

And, likewise, another woman altogether stepped into it as the one that left six years ago, equal parts different but the same. One that had been wronged by the Order, wronged the Order, and wronged for the Order. For each of those reasons, Prennis both wanted to stand her ground and turn on her heel. So, why was Aes'ona Terrani née Prennis Keeoli here?

Simply? Guilt twofold.

For every bit of distaste she had for them, she had two for herself. But still, it felt safe and warm finally back in their embrace. She had served the FIMS all those years ago for the right reasons and, though maybe not all of their consequences had reflected that, maybe the administration had made some fundamental changes. Time, and this meeting, would tell.

Reaching out by way of Mr. Branneth was something she had felt obliged to do ever since hearing that the CIS planned outreach to the relatively recently rechartered empire, though she did not want to. So, she attempted first to keep the course as she allowed the First Order's brave new world unfold around her and wandered further into it. She could not deny how cathartic Dosuunian fresh air and sunlight felt as she stepped from the Armitage Intergalactic Starport. She felt like a doctor once again, sans official paperwork or no. She doubted it had survived the glassing. It was a title she hadn't allowed herself to retain or peruse outside of First Order space. But now that she was back within it, it felt right again to think of herself as a doctor rather than a nurse practitioner.

Still, in different ways, paranoia seeped into the cracks in her confidence. Part of her return felt entirely wrong - unsafe - like she was betraying her oath all over again - just by walking Avalonia's streets. For one, the men and women who ushered her to the RHA she could not remember. Of course, she had never met any of those assigned to her welcoming detail, but she no longer could even feel the immediate comradery reaped by shared alignment or ideology. Prennis forced her feelings out the speeder window with the greenery and architecture whizzing past. On and on Prennis went, until stood as expected at the front of the hospital. She began to nervously play with her necklace, continuing to reflect rather than be mindful of Mr. Branneth's approach.

Stockholm statism had plagued her since she had withdrawn from the Order into the prolific jungle of some Seswennian moon, and then beyond: Coruscant, Commenor, Kashyyyk, Vylmira - to any sanctuary she could find. The timing had been fortunate, or unfortunate, she found out much later. At the same time as her coat turned colors - from bright crimson into murky mystery - a reptilian surprise attack shook the Order's proud heartstrings like nothing else before had. Relief had been first to set in, that such violence had covered her escape. But quickly profound guilt took its place, as such violence had covered her escape. The cost for that unrequested favor was her adoptive family, three souls plus one motherboard that had lived in a Prosperian townhouse. Though, after Cassius Droma Cassius Droma had helped unravel her repressed childhood, her relationship with them had pivoted rather maliciously, she still felt a pang of sadness to assume them dead.

Or her FIMS colleagues of old.

Oh, and Natasi Fortan, too: Upon hearing news of her ultimate sacrifice, the near-human had mourned at a pauper's grave; a single rose, a stand in corpse, and a lax dress code. It was the best she could have done.

The very least Prennis could come away from this meeting, then, with was the knowledge of that half of her family's fate. Rather, the only half of her family. She hadn't had any success locating blood relatives on Lorrd, mostly because none of her current allies would take her into Sith space. As it should have been, perhaps.

Last edited:

Resurgent Narrative

R
bp42N6T.png

Avalonia, Dosuun
First Order Space

The chill in the air was rather crisp as was the easterly winds that cut through, gentle but firm. Nate was only grateful his coat caught some of it, the rest he could withstand on his own. At this time of year, in the middle of the seventh month where Autumn really shined, t'was his favorite. It was the signal to winter, and with that came the festivities. It wouldn't be long before the doctor arrived, and when she did, he smiled at first but then it was lost as he noticed her she seemed somewhat burden.

Well. The First Order didn't necessarily bring back pleasant memories to many in the galaxy. Nate knew this before he accepted the position, and so he gave a smile toward Prennis Keeoli Prennis Keeoli it was welcoming, and it was warm. His sandy-gray hair showed his age, but his baby blue eyes and disarming smile helped most to feel comfortable around him. "You must be Doctor Keeoli," his voice was slightly rasp, but mellow and it held confidence. "Welcome to Avalonia, and welcome to the Royal Hospital."

"I've been told that we've been given a selection of the gardens to keep our conversation private and the residents comfortable." He also personally, hated hospitals and was more than okay with sitting in the lush gardens. "Allow me to more formally introduce myself, I am Armand Branneth, but please you may call me Mr. Branneth or Nate, but never Armand." The only person who ever called him by his first name was his mother. Nate offered up his arm if Dr. Keeoli was so inclined to take it, if not, then that was quite alright as well. "I am very pleased to meet you in person, and I am happy that you have come all this way."

There was some mention as to Dr. Keeoli's reasons for being here, but Nate liked to hear them as well. It was one thing to type it out onto a screen and another to vocalize it aloud, especially to someone else, and a practical stranger at that. "Now, tell me exactly what it is I can do to help you." While he'd love to help Keeoli return to the First Order, sometimes these things took time and a decision such as this could not be made overnight. He was however, able to offer several things on this day, but his goal was to help both the First Order and Dr. Keeoli. The latter took precedence over the former.

~ ~

"My, it's been ages since that title was realized."

She had long stopped actively trying to hide her Dosuunian accent as well, under the flatter intonation of the greater galaxy, though because she once had, her native tongue was much more relaxed. Inhabiting a middle ground, if you would. Still, she sounded very much at home again. Looked it too, as her holographic disguise matrix had gone by the wayside at much the same time. Her first name, steeped in blood and given at birth - Prennis - was something of her the planet had never before seen though. And her last - Keeoli - adopted by circumstance to cover her tracks, too; she had just never changed it to reflect her truth, because she had never been able to find her Lorrd-bound family.

With a nod, she fell away from depreciative mindfulness. She smiled small and warm. "I'll keep that in mind, Mr. Branneth." Name preference. She could well respect that. Likewise - "Very kindly do not call me Aes'ona."

She sifted her purse from arm to arm in order to take the one he offered less awkwardly. He was nice and, though he didn't remind her of anyone in particular in terms of appearance or personality - she hardly knew the man, after all - he did represent all she missed of the First Order:

Doctors Launderslaug and Brayaa and Madine; Tempest; her father, step-mother, and -sister; among others.

She swallowed the aching pieces of her heart as the unlikely duo began to walk. Wherever Nate would lead, Prennis would follow. She was committed now, and, what was more, dependent. The cobble echoing softly off her heels was entirely unsteady. Comprehending how she strode now on the fog of a dream was proving nearly impossible for the woman that had long ago left following the Sullust Dominion. Aided along, for now, was the only possible way forward.

"Yes," she began after clearing her throat. "I will reiterate that I do not precede the planned CIS Delegation. I am not that important." But she used to be, not as purple but as red. "Even so, I wish to have a discussion of my own. Representative to representative - but without the titles. Thus, civilian to civilian. In the eyes of a proper, unadulterated humanitarian, factionality isn't just unnecessary; it gets in the way." She paused. "But, in terms of practicality, it is ideal. Galactic powers have resources that the richest philanthropist could only dream of. Do you follow?" Not necessarily understand, follow. She glanced over at his profile, seeking the former, and waited.

Last edited:

Resurgent Narrative

R
bp42N6T.png

Branneth offered a warm, reassuring smile, when he heard the unique accent that was Dosuun's. "Noted, Doctor Keeoli." There was a genuine touch to his voice, a sincerity that perhaps hadn't been noticed before. They walked the gardens at the Royal Hospital where nature and nurture came together to heal the body, mind, and soul. He sensed there was a lot to the doctor perhaps more than a file would reveal, even if there had been one. Both the First Order and the Doctor had come a long way since the Fall. "Well." He began and then looked at the Doctor, "our meeting is private and any affiliations with one faction or another as of right now, is not important." People, however; would always be important, at least to him.

"However, with respect to you. I shall certainly keep it, civilian to civilian." That they both were, after all, neither one had a true hand in the cogs of their faction machines. "I do indeed follow." Both the First Order and the Confederacy certainly had resources that the richest person could only dream of but philanthropy aside. "I understand that there are things a nation can offer than an individual cannot, in terms of humanitarian aid and philanthropy." He grew quiet for a moment and stood still.

Branneth gazed around the gardens. "A place like this, is not often among many nations of the galaxy." He gestured toward the gardens and then the Royal Hospital. "Far too often, nations disregard the needs of their people and most especially the veterans." He took in a breath and exhaled, "which is why I am glad that you are here."

A pause, as he thought a moment.

"I'm not certain as to the why and the hows that have brought you here today, but I am quite glad. It's always nice to have a good conversation, surrounded by a wonderful place such as these gardens."

"So, tell me, Dr. Keeoli what can I do to help you?"

~ ~

"I've always been curious," she began simply enough, "about the...pride before the fall, if you would pardon the expression, Mr. Branneth." She paused, adjusting her heart careful within her chest, that it might not invade her throat. Kindness exuded from this man but also strange acquaintance. She knew next to nothing of her host. As accommodating as he was thus far, empathy was altogether a different emotion, and one she wasn't certain he truly had. They sometimes existed together - that and all brand of caring beneficials - hand in hand, or perhaps one in the palm of the others, but other times they did not. Cautiously was the best way to proceed, she concluded; therefore, she did not wish for her voice so so much as break in his company, let alone falter or give way to tears.

"I'd understand if no record of it still exists - within the Order, that is," she continued. "But Sullust surely remembers its subjugation, as do I." Prennis too afforded a glance from Nate around the gardens they meandered through. Her eyes fell from treetops to shrubs to a group of yonder, also wandering, patients. Some doctors and nurses weren't far away, likely observing. "I worked at a medical camp, screening Sullustians for whatever work the military forced them to do. I find no pride in the memory and I offer no excuse, not because there were none - my sabbatical from the Order showed me multiple - but none I wish to adopt."

Ah, there it was, a possible addendum: if she did not want to give herself grace as a victim of the bygone First Order (and perhaps this one; that remained yet to be seen), of course she did not mind the vulnerability in which she now found herself. Of where she strolled, who she met. Hospital security, Knights of Ren, Deathtroopers, Security Bureau agents were of no concern in concept, and wouldn't be even if they appeared around the next corner. If they did that, and arrested her too, all would be well. A cell somewhere dank and deathly, called, even, especially, now. Any of them would offer a penance she had not been able to find herself.

She began again, slow and careful to be fair, "Still, it is fact that the Order of then deployed me on such duty. I was not aware of many politics then, nor now, but I did understand this: a national policy of xenophobia allowed for militaristic support of this horror and others like it. Public too, might I add. " She held up her free hand, to silence any verbal opposition to her assertion if there was to be any. "When my adoptive father married a nautolan, I witnessed some of the prejudices she endured. Aliens on the streets or confined to ghettos, denied medical treatments and a host of other social services. When I was first attending medical school, I promised myself and the Void never to do those things to any alien - humanoid, near-human, or neither.

"I came today fully prepared to meet, to see, that same old narrative. But I don't, so either the new Order does a great deal to hide it, or...something has truly changed. I want to know which." She glanced over at him for the first moment in a long few minutes. "Be honest. Lies do not help either of us."

Resurgent Narrative

R
bp42N6T.png

Quietly, Mr. Branneth listened and he listened with empathy as the doctor spoke of the past - a painful one from what he could gather. He remained silent and stopped only give her his full and undivided attention. He thought on his words carefully and replied honestly, "this is a new era, Doctor." He began and took a breath, exhaled, "and this era is fully aware of its painful past." Hubris. He thought of the speech his cousin showed him and one he was sure that their other cousin would hate. "Something has changed, Doctor Keeoli."

"We changed." Began Mr. Branneth, "you have to understand that when Dosuun was sacked, everything that was here was destroyed. Those who remained could ill afford such prejudices, they needed help. They got help from Chiss and Echani refugees, from those fleeing the Chaos of the Core and Inner Rim as the Galactic Alliance fell and Imperial powers swept into the vacuum of power," continued Mr. Branneth on the First Order's more recent history. "Warlords fought and schemed on many of worlds here in Wild Space, but Dosuun itself was left to rot."

"It was only through the help of those who arrived, to those who decided that they would fight side by side with the First Order's remnants was Dosuun reclaimed, so as I've said - we changed." Perhaps it was not out of some noble aspiration, but the First Order had learned, "we learned to embrace diversity."

"We are not proud of our xenophobic past, Doctor Keeoli."

"My cousin, Moff Ariel Yvarro the woman who brought the First Order out of the grave, made this her first policy. She refused to hear the notion of someone being treated differently simply for how they look, speak, who they love, or who they worship. I would not be here, working with this nation if it were anything else." Mr. Branneth looked at Keeoli pointedly. "I am sorry that you and your family had to endure the bigotry and backwards thinking of the past."

"No one should have to endure this, no one."

~ Tag: Resurgent Narrative ~
~ ~

Prennis had forgotten to breathe for the length of Mr. Branneth's rebuttal. "I am very glad to hear that," she began when she had finally taken air a quietly as possible. For but a moment, her mind wandered to the memories of Nileeta and Rache, step-mother and -sister, both long dead she was sure. Then again, with a protector such as Commandant Taeir Terrani looking out for them, maybe not. That she hoped. Adoptive family masking that truth nor not, they had been her caretakers. Their support had allowed Prennis a medical career that had led her halfway across the galaxy and back again from then to now. The nursing doctor hated herself to large part, yes, but there was still much to thank them for if they both survived the rubble of Prosperia Initial and let her again into their home.

But, "you'll forgive me if I don't yet take your, or her, word for gospel."

Damn, though - how she wanted to. Still, the comfort afforded was an astounding start. She just had to make sure it wasn't simply a gilded promise engineered with her return in mind. Call her paranoid - she was. Plus...

"And there's another matter," she added, "related, in a way. The Stormtrooper Corps. It had always been my understanding that a great many of their ranks were child soldiers. An ongoing project known for by its forebearer's name: Resurrection." She left out the next step, how it had come to her attention that she had been one of those tragic conscripts, and how she had only grown to revile the practice so afterword. "What say your cousin something about that?"

Anything?

Resurgent Narrative

R
bp42N6T.png
"I believe you have my nation confused with its antiquated forebearer, and at any rate, the previous regime and this one do not raise children to be soldiers in such a barbaric manner," remarked Mr. Branneth and then he went on to say, "our soldiers are volunteers, there is no conscription here." He paused a moment and realized this woman was poking for something that didn't exist and while he could understand her hesitation it was starting to become a pattern.

"You do not have to take my word or my cousins, but then I believe you would have wasted your trip," Mr. Branneth looked at the Doctor. "You have wounds that only you can heal, there is nothing that myself nor my compatriots can do to ease that." He told her plainly and then continued, "should you choose to join us, know that we would be happy to accept. If not, then I am glad to have met you and I hope I've helped to ease your mind about who and what we are."

"The nation that my cousins are building is to be a nation that seeks first to understand before being understood," he paused momentarily and then concluded with, "but I beg you to not confuse my nation with its forebearers, for while we share a name and perhaps an aesthetic that is all that we share. I would implore you to spend time amongst our number. Are there any other questions that I could answer for you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom