Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jungle leaves and the distant breeze.

Kayanna Djo

When Rock and Water collide
"Clan mothers tend to have that tendency..." She stated quietly, flints of vibrant ice gazing down into the wooden bowl. Concave surface, upended and curled along the brim, the steaming assortment of food looked to be largely formed of chunks of meat and a grain that resembled elongated rice. It was a rather even concoction, favoring a heavy dose of salt and a pittance of various other herbs that Anna could place. It felt but foreign and homely, all within the same gulp.

She nodded, as if she understood, listening to Tilzi followed by the commentary of another above her. "I hardly expected to be welcomed with open arms..."

Insularity tended to define the more tribal blend, particularly those of Dathomiri descent that ran from a long lineage of distrust. Though it wasn't necessarily that they lacked the capacity for it, it was simply a matter of well placed skepticism towards the intentions of star hoppers. Her father was one of them and their clan had crested that hill begrudgingly, for the love her mother bore him. But in that case, it seemed the trust was misplaced.

"People of my clan seem to be too busy finding work off world or persecuting their own...hard to find time for travel, otherwise."

[member="Tilzi"]

[member="Kayanna Djo"]

"Finding work off world?" Tilzi asked.

"A waste of time wouldn't you say Tilzi?" Vishell again interrupted. Tilzi grimaced and ignored the obvious barb.

"A clan should stick by each other. No matter where the go," Tilzi said.

Vishell was about to reply when she quickly turned her gaze towards one of the walkways up to the gathering place. Nothing important was being discussed yet so the guards were letting a male in. And what a male.

He was clearly over six foot tall, legs like the roots of the strongest tree. He had a strong jaw, jet black hair and green eyes. Tilzi followed his oath right across the floor. Right up until he handed the meal he had prepared to Vishell. Tilzi silently simmered in jealousy as she placed a possessive hand on him, before sending him away.

"Where did you find that?" Someone asked.

"He was running away from the Stargazing Clan. Poor thing, found him lost and alone in the woods," Vishell replied. She gave a little shrug as if trying to appear modest.

"Where did you get a ship?" Tilzi asked, keep to distance himself from the rest of the conversation.

Kayanna Djo

When Rock and Water collide
Some people had dreams. Aspirations, beyond the clans and the jungle and the crest of the mountain top. Anna had to admit, if only to herself, that she appreciated the allure of traveling the stars. Working as a mercenary or an assassin, something that would pay for the necessities and take her far far away.

"Maybe..." She uttered as she took to masticating on a piece of meat, slow and pensive in her chewing. Attempts were made to be overtly polite in her eating practices. "But sometimes the clan abandons sisters...and they are left with nothing but the air above them."

Anna watched as the space around her grew quiet, the thump and hum of a man approaching. She wasn't sure what the quietude was about, it was simply another captured man. Reigned in from the holds of another clan, she arched a dismissive brow towards those who had gathered around her.

"Uhh..." She stumbled, the question was far more complicated than she cared to admit. Or explain, for that matter. "My father...he left it to me. After departing. I haven't quite gotten the hang of it." She pivoted. "This place isn't so different from Dathomir. It feels quite a bit like walking into another jungle on the same planet."

[member="Tilzi"]

[member="Kayanna Djo"]

"I have never been there," Tilzi replied. She had thought about it before. She had come to the conclusion that if she was permitted to travel then it was worth going forwards and not backwards. That was where their culture had come from. That brought a certain allure, but the Galaxy was a large place, larger than Tilzi could comprehend. That was despite several attempts to do so.

"I've always been fine with space travel. Just as long as I'm not near a window." She didn't like the view of deep space. It made her feel like she was constantly falling. Hyperspace was even worse. She heard someone else scoff at the talk of interstellar travel.

Agawe Farr was not a particularly tall women, but age had taken nothing from her stature. She stood straight, broad across the shoulders for her height and this was only accentuated by the padding of her robe. There was nothing overly decorative to mark her position, but unlike most of the witches her hair was tucked back into a hood made of a deep green fabric. Silence fell as she stepped into the clearing. Her gaze fell upon no one but the newcomer. Tilzi subconsciously moved a few inches away and bowed her head.

"You are welcome in our lands Kayanna Djo, but I would ask what brought you here?" the Clan Mother asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom