Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Jungle Book

Um9wLtZ.png

With all that was happening in the core worlds, Jonyna had once more taken up residence on New Cov. Not out of fear, but out of habit. Shan Pavond Shan Pavond had reached out to her to do some ataru training, and thus Jonyna agreed to meet him back in the same temple they had once been introduced. That felt like forever again, a rude awakening that had left Jonyna and Jasper dealing with a supposed diplomat with a severe lack of diplomatic skill.

Sitting in the Springs of Serenity, Jonyna once more found herself meditating as she waited for the padawans to arrive. She had reached out to Braze Braze as well, mostly to allow Shan someone to work with, but also to allow Braze to feel included. He had been healing slowly, but he needed the activity. She hoped her training, unorthodox as it was, would help both of the two.

Braze took his studies in combat extremely seriously. He was more than happy to serve as an opponent for any of his peers to help them practice. He approached the meeting spot with a spring in his step. Having finally repaired his training blade, he was practically bubbling over with excitement when Jonyna invited him to participate. He hadn't spent time with her or Shan lately and thought this would be an excellent way to facilitate this.

"I'm here! I'm here! I hope I'm not late!"

Ataru wasn't a lightsaber style that really stood out to Shan. It was far too flashy and energy consuming than what he was used to, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to be giving up on the chance to spend time with people. That was what was important to him. People, not necessarily the training. The location was quite relieving as well, as Shan just focused on his surroundings, breathing in and out. Letting himself relax before snapping out of his daydreaming at the sound of a voice, giving a small wave.

"No. No. I don't think you're late...I think."

Braze Braze Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

The sound of the two boys arriving allowed Jonyna to relax. Good, they both made it.

She stood, letting out a breath before smiling to greet them both. "Neither of you are late." Jonyna assured. "I hope the trip here wasn't too much of a hassle, just felt like getting out of the city. That said!" She clapped her hands together, smiling.
"Today we're gonna be doing something a bit more my speed. I could teach you the proper forms of Ataru like I tried last time I did this, but you two don't want to hear my hour lecture about how being flippy. So, instead, I'm gonna have you two do something fun. The Temple is pretty secluded, so I'm gonna have you two race. One side of the Temple to the other. From there, we'll do some more training."

Tag: Shan Pavond Shan Pavond
Braze Braze

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

"What's the prize for the winner?" Braze inquired, his curiosity bubbling up at Jonyna's proposal for a race. Despite his interest, he couldn't help but question the connection to their objective. "And how exactly does this tie into our Ataru training?" he asked. Yet, even as he voiced his doubts, Braze began to limber up with a series of lunging stretches, signaling his willingness to participate despite his reservations.​

Shan was just getting to work stretching his limbs out. He wasn't going to treat this as an actual race. It was just going to be a good way to get his blood pumping at the end of the day. "Ataru requires a lot of stamina and well...blood pumping work. So this'll be a good way to get our body all limbered up so we don't pull something." He cracked his shoulders at that, before also adding in two neck cracks as he pushed his head in the different directions.

Um9wLtZ.png

"The way I see it, Ataru is about being mobile, and gaining the advantage against your opponent through unconventional movement. When I saw race, I don't mean you running from one side of the temple to the other, seeing who's faster. What I mean is, I want both of you to find the most optimal path for you to the end, even if that means taking the road less traveled. I encourage you guys to use your abilities as best you can, and find creative ways to move. Understood?"

She wanted the two to be creative, something she had trained to do.

Tag: Braze Braze Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Braze tilted his head, acknowledging the valid points Shan and Jonyna had made. "But aren't there... terrifying giant monsters out that way? Why wouldn't we just stick to the perimeter?" he questioned, his curiosity tinged with concern. With a half-serious, half-playful tone, he added, "Are you suggesting I risk a venture that might end with me being monster food?"

Giant monsters...Shan's eyes lit up at Braze's comment, giving the young Mirialan an idea...As he almost immediately sprinted off...Away from the temple and into the wilderness instead. Braze had given Shan an idea and he was going to get the most out of it. Now it was time to find some kind of creature on New Cov that was big enough to ride on...But what could it be?...Hm...he'd also have to work taming it, but thanks to the trips he had been taken to the Zoo, Shan was no familiar to the mind of an animal.

Um9wLtZ.png

"I'm suggesting-" She paused, as Shan ran off. "...I'm suggesting you catch up."

Jonyna knew she'd keep an eye on them both, as she was going to point out. She would never allow them to get themselves into a situation she couldn't pull them out of. For now though, she needed to encourage them to keep moving.

In the jungle, Shan could feel it. The endless feeling of life before him. The temple grounds didn't extend too far into the jungle itself, but the temple didn't seem to have anything stopping wandering creatures from entering the immediate grounds. The sound of a quadrapedial predator could be heard, something hunting nearby...

Tag: Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Braze Braze

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze watched bewildered as Shan ran off. He blinked and literally raised a hand to scratch the back of his head, puzzled about where Shan had gone. "Huh..." He frowned upon hearing what Jonyna said and looked panicked as he moved to suddenly run up an invisible staircase, gaining altitude with each step he took higher. He panted as he drew wind to his side to help him upwards and pushed against him to assist in propelling him forwards, applying force speed to his run. Amidst this intense effort a small whimpering cry came from the snowy pearlnett as he scampered to scurry up in to the sky.​

Okay. It was just a simple matter of using the Force. Mask yourself as one with the nature. Shan closed his eyes, focusing on pulling the small little waves of the Force, as he visualised it, around him. Trying to mix the presence of New Cov around himself before heading off after this predator. Keeping a steady breath under his control as the Mirialan slowly but surely made his way through the woods. Whilst he had always been fond of nature, and the creatures that were inside, his...friendship, with Colette had given him a new fond love for them. This was their home. Not his. And he was doing his best to track, without disturbing their homeland.

Um9wLtZ.png

Deep in the jungle, Shan could feel it. The slow steps of a hunter. He caught a glimpse through the brush, a striped panthac stalking through the trees before suddenly...

It pounced! The creature leapt forward, over Shan's head, to strike at a creature just behind him. A boar-like creature that seemed to be completely hidden from the padawan in the Force, and was ready to strike him. The Panthac ripped violently into it, breaking it's neck, before pausing, and looking to Shan Pavond Shan Pavond with a look of curiosity. Was Shan going to steal it's meal? Watch it eat? Something else? It was left unknown...

Nearby, Jonyna had followed the two from above in the canopy. As she said, she wasn't going to let the two get hurt.

Tag: Braze Braze

Braze scampered higher to evade most of the obstacles dotting the land, propelling himself from step to step as he ran across the miniature gusts of wind he conjured to secure his footing. He had never sustained this level of exertion for such an extended duration, and if he were honest, the sheer independence he felt up in the sky was a bit terrifying. Nevertheless, the elevated vantage point afforded him a sweeping view of the surroundings. He sprinted onward, pushing himself and his abilities to the limit. He could see Shan and Jonyna from up here... But! He did want to win so he pushed as hard as he could!

Shan turned his attention towards the Panthac, carefully extending his hand to the creature. Slow and steady. Taking control of the force once more to wrap his intentions around the mind of the Panthac. Letting Shan's desire and wishes merge with it so that it would be able to follow Shan's own goals. Doing his own way to try and tame the creature. It wasn't going to last forever of course, but for now? He was simply using beast trick to use the creature as a mount. It will get to keep its food, and Shan will be able to zoom across the forest on the back of the creature. It was both a win, win situation for the pair of them!

Um9wLtZ.png

At first the Panthac simply stared at Shan. Then it slowly approached, lowering it's head. A low purr could be heard, as he got closer...

Meanwhile, Braze seemed to be going along great, until...

Suddenly, a violent updraft caught him, large enough it could offset his weight.

As the Panthac came closer, Shan went and gave it some ear rubs. Being nice and friendly to the big creature and his new friend. Yes, it might have been a dangerous killing beast...but it was also friend shaped! "Come on buddy! Let's go for a walk!" With that, he clambered up onto the creature, carefully holding onto it as he prepared to start running off on it.

Um9wLtZ.png

And there it was. Jonyna followed the two boys best she could. The jungle was often a maze, as Shan found out quickly. The panthac could navigate it, but it seemed to go in a 'random' direction suddenly.

Braze found out the hard way though why it was called a rainforest. Slowly, the clouds moved in, and suddenly he was jumping right towards a thunderstorm.

It was a good thing that Braze was already well on his way back down to the ground. He had stayed rather close to the temple since the goal was to go around it after all. HE panted heavily as he landed setting foot on the ground and taking a small breather that still took a tremendous amount of thought and energy out of his small frame to accomplish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom