Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Junction Troubles

emily-henderson-henderson-mek-08.jpg

Mek-Sha Station, Junkers Junction
Wearing a hooded cloak over her armor and gear Minerva strolled down an aging walkway in Junker's Junction. Each step she took caused a creaking sound as if the metal was whining in protest. Soon enough she got off the small bridge, entering the next section. A pair of protocol droids, one silver plated and another crimson assed her by, quarreling in Huttese. Paying that no mind whatsoever Minerva kept on course.

All around were the makeshift quarters and humble shops that had seen better days. It wasn't long before Minerva came upon people, by the dozens going about their own affairs. Up ahead several kids of various species ran forth, chasing a Zabark boy in the lead. No matter where children will be children. The Mandalorian thought with some amusement.

It was a comfort to know especially in these times.

Inside the helmet, Minerva closed her eyes briefly. A great deal has changed for her in the past few rotations. The bitter reminder was still hard to accept at times but this is her reality now. Slumped on the walls some people begged with outstretched hands, for the chance that there would be a kind soul to give something. Still others were just passed drunk or unconscious from drug overdose.

Minerva forced herself to keep moving, navigating a growing crowd. The advantages of a cloak definitely made it more difficult for pickpockets to steal from her. There more than desperate enough to do so. Especially since Junker's Junction was made into a quarter for refugees who come to the station. In a way she was one too but Minerva had no intention of begging for favors.

I will earn my keep until I figure things out.

With that thought in mind she paused at a crossroads, looking around, until she saw a half garage with an open entrance. Entering inside she spotted an old Karkarodon, wearing a visor helmet with his back to her while repairing what can be assumed to be an engine. Sparks flew as the aquatic mechanic used a welder to patch up a hole within the engine's side.

Deciding to wait for him to be done, Minerva went over and leaned on the side of the left wall meters away. After a few minutes the Karkarodon stopped turning off the welder and pulled off the visor helmet. Subsequently he turned around, giving the concealed Mandalorian a discerning look.

"Can I help you?" He asked gruffly, impatiently for an answer. Minerva would oblige him.

"Well it's more like I can help you, depending on the price." She replied getting off the wall. Quickly it dawned on the mechanic who nodded.

"Ah yes you're that Mando who just arrived. Why bother with the cloak though?"

"Because I want to make my appearance a surprise to whoever you're hiring me to deal with."

Accepting that answer the Karkarodon put down his welder scratching the right side of his neck.

"Fair enough. Now come, let's head for my office and we can discuss our arrangements there."

Silently agreeing, Minerva waited as her client, the engineer, started to close the garage door with a remote control switch. Then he gestured for her to follow and she did so claiming up a small set of stairs onto an adjacent office.

(Tag: Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic )

Attire: Casual
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tags: Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

Checking herself to ensure she had everything that she had been meaning to bring. Dreidi nodded her head and sighed with relief. It had been too long since she got away from Coruscant for any significant amount of time. Stepping away was a good thing, she was still enjoying the nomadic lifestyle that she had been telling herself to try out. Coming to the station had the benefits of exploring new parts of the galaxy but also being able to find out more about the criminal elements that were lurking on the station since she had been hearing a lot of interesting things about gangs and smugglers operating from the station.

Pulling a hood over her head, Dreidi realised she couldn't walk around as freely as she wanted. There had to be some care in how she operated even if she still wanted to charge into a situation and break up dealings and gang wars. There was meant to be an art to this but she was also looking to cause as much impactful justice as she could in her limited time here. She knew that she couldn't stay here forever so she needed to sort out where she was heading and try to sus out where the criminals might be lurking.

"Couldn't find much when I was researching but heard recent reports when I was eavesdropping on some of the Jedi Masters about this place getting more criminal activity. Gotta make sure that this doesn't look like I am part of the GA either, that could get back to Coruscant and then there will be questions, disapproval and all that. No, I can do this solo, work independently. Yeah, I got this." Dreidi nodded her head firmly as she glossed over the notes she had and muttered to herself affirmations that this was going to go fine.

Walking down the streets, she tried to look around and get a feel for the station, figure out what this place was like and the people within it. That could help in her finding where the criminals may lay.

"Hey, I'm D... Dee... Can I help?" Dreidi offered to a person, realising as she spoke that using her real name might not always be smart in these areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom