Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

July 2013 Staff Critique Thread

skin, bone, and arrogance
On the subject of factions, Serana has a point. And the converse of that point is, sometimes a wildly popular faction should not, under any circumstances, be made a major faction. For some groups, it just doesn't make sense to have an army or a fleet or an influence cloud. The staff should review this concept and, if they deem it agreeable, develop a logical analysis to apply to groups request major faction status in order determine whether it's the type of group that would logically play with the big boys.

You're both right, but that's why minor factions exist. But Staff can't do anything about that. We don't make factions popular - we just provide a breeding ground and a new set of rules for those that make attendance and wish to be on the galactic scale. For "wildly popular" factions, a minor faction is where it's at, but we can't control popularity. That's on you, the members.

With that said, if you want to logically play with the big boys (Major Factions, I'm guessing you're referring to), you have to establish Major Faction status. Otherwise, you're not playing the same game as them - which is conquest, war, and territory. I'm all about incentives to provide tools for those who wish to make factions, but I'm going to stress this like I have every time it's become a topic of discussion:

The SWRP Staff Team does not control or influence the popularity of factions. The freedom to influence the "popularity" of these factions, and ultimately the burden, is on the member. We can only provide you so many tools.

(((This is my opinion based on my observations. If something does not sound right its just me and my brain over-thinking things like i always do. )))

@[member="Tefga"] - I haven't really talked to you a lot since ive been here but based from what I have witnessed you have been a very good admin as have the others. Clearly you actually care about the system and structure of the site and do everything in your power to keep things in order. Overall i give you a 4/5. Your attitude is well toned even when dealing with slightly irritating people and you seem to be careful how you approach things. Id give you 5/5 but i dont know you well enough i just study your movements and personalty.

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"] - Funny and kind. I remember i PMed her many times about issues and misunderstandings i had when infirst arrived and she kindly helped me out without using any real aggressive demeanor like ive seen in other admins on other sites. She seems to have some really interesting opinions and she (in my eyes) handles everything really well with her jokes and charm. Often defusing conflict with nothing more but a joke or funny quote. Based on my knowledge she apparently has a tendency to make others feel 'uncomfortable' but i honestly do not see this. She has been nothing but gentle as far as I've seen so i give her a 5/5 for her fun loving personality and constant calm demeanor, making her a friend to everyone.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"] - The one admin i have talked to the most and the most supportive. Jon seems to have a natural sense of 'Right and wrong' and he does not hesitate to point out anomalies. He also has given me really good advice and is always supportive of my ideas. I love how Jon is constantly open to new things and is not willing to take a leap off the edge for an idea that is sketchy. He often seems like the kind of guy who is always willing to let things go but when things get hairy he will not hesitate to lay down the law. Making him a overall really well suited admin, he never seems to actually snap at anyone and from what I've seen is very calm at all times. I give Ashin a 5/5 for his constant support and kindness.

@[member="Ayden Cater"] - Kind of strict but for the greater good. A necessary evil so to say. I see mostly his work in the tech forums and i must say i am constantly impressed by his ability to catch any anomaly within an idea and point it out. He makes sure everything makes sense and is in order and never hesitates to call someone out. In my eyes this ones a thinker, and does it well. I give you a 3/5 because you could be a little harsh at times. But as i said a necessary evil, not to much of an issue when it comes to keeping the balance.

@[member="Selena Halcyon"] - I have spoken to her and asked questions over some things and she seems to have very useful insight on things. Strict and always on point she is the enforcer of the staff in my eyes and she is always making sure people get crap right. Never hesitating to knock someone down a notch to get things done. My only regret is that she couldn't be just a lil bit more open about things ;). I give her a 4/5 for keeping this place from actually turning to chaos.

@[member="Sirella Valkner"] - Save the best for last right? Lol. Sirella AKA Adam has been helping me with everything ever step of the way ever since i created my character 13. He is always lenient with knuckle heads and even at 4:00 in the morning when i start asking him questions he never seems to be mad and is always happy to help. Safe to say he is probably my favorite Admin and one of my best friends on this site. His skills in organization and his endless knowledge on lore makes him a talking Wookiepidea. His advice is always on point and he never misses a beat. As staff he tends to simply steer away from conflict and mostly focuses his attention on the organization of things. He likes things to be just right and in order and as open as he is he never accepts outrageous request. He is fair to members and as far as i know shares my beliefs in Equality. I give adam a 5/5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom