Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak Amroth

Z
Y4K9cGD.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To submit a secondary sidearm for Zak that marks him as an OPA Judge.
  • Image Source: Darren Bartley
  • Canon Link: /
  • Primary Source: /
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Bio-Energy Disruptor Pistol
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Power Cell
  • Ammunition Capacity: Small
  • Reload Speed: Average
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: Very Low
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Super Gross
STRENGTHS
  • Lightning Gun
  • Elemental Disruptor
  • Tech Zapper
WEAKNESSES
  • 'Stun' Setting
  • Falcon Punch
  • Bright Light
DESCRIPTION

'Confiscated' from the transport of a Qektoth agent on the backwater hive world of Echidna when he was a newly conscripted Deputy Judge of the Coalition, this exotic disruptor pistol was Zak's original weapon and remains by his side to this day whenever he has use of its unique properties. The Scourge-series is a Qektoth Confederation design and uses hybridized organic technology to combine powerful bio-energy discharges with standard ion tech. The result is a heavy blaster that fires what are essentially lightning bolts that fall just short of completely annihilating target matter.

Since Zak is not a master telepath both Judgement and his primary weapon are the Sheriff's main means of ranged combat. The lightning gun is valued for its destructive power as well as its overall utility. Arcs from the bio-disruptor can short out energy fields and damage conductive heavy battle plate.

MODIFICATIONS 9/23/19
  • Changed name from a generic Zak Amroth's X to something specific.
  • Scaled dimensions up from Small/Small to Heavy/Average as its supposed to be larger than usual for a disruptor pistol.
  • Scaled stopping power up from Very High to Extreme because why not.
  • Replaced Reliable strength with Zap It to better highlight the gun's non-combat utility.
  • Replaced Ain't That a Kick weakness with Falcon Punch because the original was little more than a description of its recoil value.
  • Added appropriate material hyperlinks.
  • Updated description fluff to reflect the gun's new name and Zak's current status as an Outer Rim Sheriff.
  • Updated image source.

MODIFICATIONS 3/23/20
  • Updated image source.
  • Fixed formatting and ratings.
  • Overhauled strengths and weaknesses to be less wordy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zak Amroth said:
Ammunition Capacity: 16 Lances per Cell
If you would like, the stun setting can "hold more ammo" in the form of using less energy. Make it more viable for the weapon in the stun, or lower settings to be fired rapidly and get someone to the ground.

Zak Amroth said:
Reliable: No matter the environment, a bio disruptor will still fire. Across atmospheres, underwater, even in the vacuum of space. It won't ignite an oxygen rich environment, but it will supercharge the atmosphere so that any movement would trigger an equivalent explosion, so it is still not recommended.
Since this is Ion Technology, and you specifically list use underwater, I would like to understand how Ion rounds/Electrical based damage, does not short out, or zap anyone that happens to come close to the bolt?

Otherwise, really cool sub. Can I have one? Please?

[member="Zak Amroth"],

Zak Amroth

Z
[member="Shaun Castanic"]

I am gonna be honest, I didn't really think about that. Both the ion and bio-energy array discharge would probably have that kind of electrifying effect. Stricken the mention of underwater from the submission, and also tossed in your other suggestion.

I've considered submitting a standard Scourge-series later down the line whenever the Qektoth become relevant again, so I'll keep you posted!

[member="Zak Amroth"], Not a problem at all man. That is why I am here. A second set of eyes to make sure you won't electrify yourself in some shocking manner.

Looking good on my end.

Zak Amroth

Z
[member="Runi Verin"] | [member="John Locke"] | [member="Zef Halo"] | [member="Laira Darkhold"]

This submission is revised and ready to be moved back for live factory review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom