Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judged for Failure; Imperial Confederation Dominion of Chandrila

Marriskcal Lati, Civilian
Objective
: #3; Barsen'who?
Equipment: Lightsaber (Blue) & Throwing Knives
Interaction with: [member="Seto Du Couteau"]

JiGZUcY.png

The blonde affected a faux expression of dismay on her features at his mention of the lack of structural integrity. “It’s not the same!” she exclaimed, a note of indignation in her voice at the very thought of comparing something as amusing as a deliberately constructed boulder trap to something that happened with the passage of time.

And as always, Marriskcal continued to forge her path forward by her brother’s side, her focus less on the aesthetics and her wonderment at the intricacies of the ancient sanctuary itself than on their wellbeing now that her suspicions were roused. Her curiousity can be satiated later when she was certain that no harm would befall Seto or herself. It was somewhat annoying, she noted to herself quietly, that her senses were still calm, but yet there was something that continued to whisper at the back of her mind.

Always quiet when she was on the prowl, the older male’s words came as somewhat of a surprise and the blonde blinked, her eyes becoming wide as she inclined her head to regard Seto. “I… haven’t. Not until you’ve mentioned it…” she admitted, her words soft and unsure as they continued their path towards the inner sanctum. It was still hard for Marriskcal to be the architect of her own fate, for her to make her own decisions and choices now that she was no longer bound. She had never thought any further than to serve her once Lord and Master faithfully, and has always lived her life with a fatalistic view that she would perish.

I was actually thinking of joining… the Commissariat?” The words came out of her lips sounding more like a query than a firm decision. “But… I like the thought of teaching at the Academy as well,” she continued shyly. While she was still quite overwhelmed by the attention of all the children that returned to Coruscant with them, Marriskcal found that there was much she adored about them. “Perhaps I can do both
?” She would probably have to sit down and find out more what both careers entailed.

But for now…

The young woman turned back her gaze to the largest set of doors that they have seen thus far. Unlike the rest of the Temple, it was plain and ascetic in design, lines of corrosion and moss running over its tarnished surface. The flow of the Force was still tranquil and gentle, even as the fine hairs at the back of her neck rose. Taking a deep breath and gathered her own aura into a protective cloak around both Seto and herself, she stepped forward, laying a gloved hand over it in preparation of opening it with a little assistance.

However, the very moment Marriskcal touched the worn stone surface, there was a melodious bell-like peal that resounded through the Force. In a smooth movement that belied its age, the doors slid open, revealing a strange red orb within its chambers. The low whispers that she had dismissed ever since they stepped within the Temple became clear, echoing through her mind seductively.

I can guide you.

Seto? Do you hear that?

While she was confused and wary of the unfamiliar voice in her mind, so long as it meant no harm, Marriskcal was willing to allow to continue to speak.

Vy2NTqS.png

Allies: [member="ST-00/0666"] | [member="SC-01/2876"] | [member="Lynda Dorn"] | [member="CC-15715"]
Enemies: Soon™
Objective: Security

It was hard trying to find the glory and honor in the task given to him by his superiors. Orders he would not disobey (neither could with all the loyalty he had for the Confederation), and would be seen to be accomplished by him and his Marines. His men shared the same thoughts as he in the past and the present in regards of this assignment. Words along the lines of 'They are misusing our skills' or 'What? The lousy Coruscant Guard can't handle it?' or 'We should be securing the expansion of the Confederation, not be stuck in some high court'. All words and thoughts of pique they echoed with each other, seeing as they were men of action and battle; not politics and domestic security. Choruk wouldn't hear anymore of their displeasure despite having those commons grievances.

A company worth of 150 Confederation Galactic Marines accompanied Choruk, mixing the already varied bag of security on this assignment. A mixture of local law enforcement, Stormtroopers from their respective Corps, and from the Army. 150 sounded decent for the Lieutenant Colonel, wasn't going to bring the entire Galactic Marines for some Mandalorian thug. Fifty men were on site while the rest reserved, a few blocks away from the Courthouse.

"Whichever bastard cuffed the little chit should've just blown his head, the brass would've commemorated him either way," the clone muttered to himself in his inaudible breath. Again, a man of action he was with a simple code of beliefs that applied to life in general thanks to his military training. The evidence was there and it was concrete, the type that was hard to argue against. This was all just theatrics for the clone, and deeply annoyed by it. Sure he acknowledged there were some parameters and other rules to follow, but those were rules that were just polar opposite of him. Had he been in charge he would just call a swift execution and be done with it.

Saves time, money, and energy.

Though things started to get interesting. He and his men were outside of the courthouse, patrolling the perimeter when something appeared in the interface of his visor.

"Time to negotiate."
The hell that meant?

"Spear, Pike; what is your status?"

Those guarding the doors to the courtroom should know exactly what was going on. Until then, his men were on high alert and were establishing communications with every officer that partook in the security details. This was a delicate situation and was not to be treated with pranks such as the three worded message he had received. And now it appeared sensors were picking up unidentified vehicles approaching the courthouse some distance away. Vehicles of the armored variant. Only meant it was an assault vehicle. The tone of the situation wasn't no longer boring, but that didn't mean they would joke about it with grins. This was what made their blood boil and turn their cogs. Choruk would inform his men of the ongoing situation while relaying and receiving information from the others.

Private First Class ST-00/0666
Post 3
Equipment: Mk. IX Katarn-Class Battle Armor, w/ JT-12 Jetpack, Liquid Cable Launcher, VB-113 “Tidefall” Class Vibroblade, BR-212 “Jackal” ACR w/ 4x Combat Scope, DC-17 Hand Blaster, 2 Class A Thermal Detonator, 2 Sonic Concussion Grenades
Location: Brionelle Memorial Courthouse - Hallway outside of courtroom, Hanna City
[member="CC-239"] [member="Lynda Dorn"] [member="SC-01/2876"] [member="CC-15715"]

It was then that a video transmission was sent out to the stormtroopers outside of the courtroom, which played the live feed from inside the courtroom, showing the security guards as they rounded up hostages and dragged them into the center of the room. The Mandalorian on trial had been freed from his handcuffs and given a blaster carbine. After a few moments, the feed cut to the interrogation room. Inside, there was a group of three heavily-tattooed Mandalorians standing in front of a table. The chairs across from them were empty, but they were obviously intended for the stormtroopers to use if they decided to negotiate with the Mandalorians rather than busting down the door in an effort to rescue the hostages.

Seeing this, 0666’s eyes went wide as she realized what was happening. Not only was there a convoy of armored vehicles moving towards the courthouse, there was also a developing hostage crisis happening only a few meters away, behind the locked, sensor-hardened, and soundproof doors of the courtroom. A deep intake of breath followed, as she looked at the troopers next to her, who seemed just as stunned and confounded as she was. O666 quickly sent a response to Commander Choruk in response to his inquiry on their status, which was confused and unnerved in tone, although clear in its message.

“There’s a developing hostage situation in the courtroom! I...I think we need siege equipment, sir, if-if we’re not negotiating with them.” 0666 spoke as she pulled up a holographic map of the courthouse on her sensors in order to find the location of the interrogation room. As she scanned it over, she realized that the rear exit from the interrogation room led to an alternative entrance point into the courtroom itself, although it was likely to be heavily guarded, she surmised that it would be a much easier and more unexpected route inside the courtroom than directly through the front doors.

“Sir! I believe we can get inside the courtroom via the interrogation chamber. There’s a passageway that comes out of the rear exit, goes down into the prison wing, and emerges into an alternative entrance inside the courtroom. The door there will be smaller and easier to break down, then we can penetrate it and storm the courtroom from that route.” 0666 finished as she pulled her rifle from its magnetic holder in anticipation of combat. “Should we take that option or will we initiate negotiations?” The white-haired stormtrooper added with a hint of grim finality in her voice.

Tobias Wrynn

T
He managed to scale the tower slowly, from the western edge. With his armor, the deed took some doing, and he could feel the perspiration beading on his forehead, back, and the weight in his thighs seemed to tighten. Wrynn pulled himself up just enough to get a look into the tower, where it seemed the security guard was having himself a nap. The Stormtrooper managed to jimmy the window open and slip in unnoticed, which was by and large the easiest part of his excursion.

Once his boots were on the floor, he pulled the window shut and crept past the sleeping guard to the stairwell that led down into the compound. For a manufacturing plant, it seemed almost too well guarded. "Shift change is up in fifteen," he overheard from the hallway as he got to ground level. "Make sure that guard is on his feet and moving to the next tower."

Wrynn moved behind the stairs and crouched, making himself small as possible. "Why do I always get stuck with these crappy jobs," the young girl muttered as she headed up into the tower Wrynn had just descended, and he could hear his heart beating in his ears. Once her footfalls were distant enough, he moved out from hiding and took stock of the plant's immediate layout.

Not good.

He needed to get an idea of where the CEO's office was, and he needed to plant those documents so that the Imperials could make their move. With a quick movement, he brought out his datapad and started to key in a few commands. "Access network from terminal" appeared across the display.

It was something, at least.

Lannik Hayes, Stormtrooper Sergeant
Objective: #2; A Walk in the Park
Equipment: Katarn Multipurpose Battle Armour, Vibrodagger, Blaster
Interacting with: [member="Cynthia Alucard"]

A5uaNL3.png

F14b6sn.jpg

Alrighty.

Let’s do this.

Stand and posture. Loom and look threatening.

Certainly glad for all of the practice I’ve gotten in this department.

With a nod to himself, the stormtrooper followed behind his companion, channeling his inner Darth Vader even whilst he felt a little silly. At least, he consoled himself as he marched through the doorframe in an commanding stomp, the chances of him ending up injured was minimal.

Ignoring the sweet treats on display, his eyes swept through the gaily coloured shop, almost immediately settling on three argumentative youths. For a moment, both groups paused, staring at each other in belligerent silence. As his gaze moved from one face to the other, Lannik recognised their description from what little reports they have received. Immediately, the sergeant sent a signal the rest of his team that were patrolling in the vicinity.

Alucard! She must have known. Is this why she was so insistent that we make our way here as quickly as possible?

A movement from the third youth made his mouth flattened into a grim line. Not good. If they attempted to flee into the kitchens and out of back, it was one thing. But from their tense form and the stubborn glint in their eyes, they were prepared to charge both the pilot and himself. And… it probably did not help the situation any that the young woman beside him was inciting them. If they were not in a standoff of sorts, Lannik would have smacked a hand across his face.

Even if you’re aiding me by taking their attention off of me, I’m the one in the protective armour!

Without knowledge on whether they were armed and if they were prepared to hurt others, Lannik did his favourite trick of recent. Seizing the opportunity that Alucard has created for him, the stormtrooper raised his blaster and stepped to the side for a better angle, already set on stun setting due to him and his team being assigned on patrol and fired three shots as quickly as he could, aiming for their torsos.

Three blue rings blinked across the small shop, but with the third of the youths being slightly behind the first and second, the ring was landed on his two unfortunate compatriots instead. Perhaps realising he was about to be caught like his friends, he came at the blonde in a panic, his arms landing firmly on the display table in the middle of the shop and charging towards the young woman with it, using it as a makeshift ram of sorts and spilling all the sweet treats to the floor of the shop.

Oi, Alucard. Be careful of this one, he’s headed right for you.

Letting out a sharp hiss of displeasure, Lannik prepared himself to intercept the youth.

Seto Du Couteau
Objective: Barsen'who?
Actions: Looking Deeper into the Jedi Temple
Attire:
d7e96a6845a6af4059fd251d05bdadad.jpg
seto_2.png

The smooth surface, crimson as blood but most importantly Seto had an instantaneous thought: I want it. Strange, even for a man so invested with material possession, he held no real avarice for stones and the like, but this large object in the room was different. The doors behind them were quite worn, but the room that held the Orb appeared rather well kept, as if the erosion and degradation of time had stalled within the room.

Seto turned his attention to Marr, her voice confused on some voice she heard, Whispers of the Force most likely, but- Seto heard nothing past the hum of the Force, a gently melody. He calmly shook his head in response, the Orb felt nothing like any Force presence Seto had felt before, even among other Jedi, the surreal sense of it all. Affable, in all sense and definition of the word, the cold chill of worry had melted away and replaced with a certainty.

"It's. . ." Seto slowly stepped forward, his hand slightly outstretched but for only a moment before he placed his arms across his chest, ". . .very strange to say the least." He wasn't sure where to begin with such discovery but one thing he was certain, he could not let this go unstudied. And to think I thought this Temple was going to hold only repeated Jedi platitudes.

"What did you hear?" Seto asked, his steps slowly began to circle around the Crimson Orb, its sheer size and shape brought along some questions, but most importantly, who made such thing and what purpose did this Orb hold to the Temple. Closing his eyes, Seto focused forth his senses to surround the Orb and attempt to gain some sort of idea of its functionality.

His felt his mind swim through the melody of the Force that the Orb was producing, it felt as if it was a collection, a point of crossing perhaps? Seto continued to search and slowly he himself felt more at ease the deeper he wandered. Wander? Seto set himself adrift to find if it was just a meditation stone. Though something felt, different, his mind held no worry but Seto felt himself give way a bit more, perhaps he could find something within the Orb if he went deeper.

The slow steps that circled around the Orb, soon lead the young Commissar closer and closer to the Orb, as if he was caught by a spinning vortex and step by step Seto approached closer to the Crimson object. This time his hand stretched for out, maybe he could push himself further or rather shift through without becoming caught up with anything else.

[member="Marriskcal Lati"]

Lin'yao Escala
Objective: #4; Catching up with his father
Location: Hotel La Primavera, Skygarden, Hanna City, Chandrila
Interacting With: [member="Har'xa Escala"]
__________ __________ __________ __________

"I'm glad to hear that, father. I very much hate making you and her worry about me."

Lin'yao couldn't help but grin at his father's vocal annoyance and gentle chastising at what he was doing. He always loved to do this in the presence of his father, the small smile and roll of his eyes had always, and would always bring joy to the heir of house Escala. It helped to ease the tension brewing between the two whether it was tension created by the two or tension given off from exterior forces and subjects. The young epicanthix continued to stir the tea with his metal-covered finger before pulling it away, no hint of any residual warm liquid or sugar sticking to the strange metal covering. He willed the metal to shrink and pull away back into himself and it did just that, pulling back away from his finger and slinking back to the tip of his finger, absorbing back into Lin's blood stream. With that, he placed the small spoon of sugar down in its ornate container and then took a small and short sip of the warm tea. The liquid washed over the interior of Yao's mouth, refreshing him and giving a sweet tingling sensation to his tastebuds. Lin then set the teacup back down, keeping his crimson pupils fixated on his father for the entirety of the time.

"Oh, you never know. One day I may come back and start eating finger-foods and all sorts of greasy, outer-rim delicacies which I know you loathe," Lin said the last part with a small wink and gentle chuckle, relishing in teasing his father about such foods that he found repulsive.

And then his father began to speak of Kou'ha, a talk which Lin had known would be coming as soon as he had set his eyes on the face of his father. He hadn't been this worried about anything since him and Kou'ha had left, and even then...he hadn't been as worried as he had been when his heir had to undergo countless medical treatments and operations to try and cure his ailment. That same worry that his father had once had for Lin himself when he could have died was imprinted onto the face of his father.

"I've heard that the totalitarian regime of the First Order has collapsed, I take it this is what is causing the stubbornness from Kou'ha, along with you and mother's worry for him? I will talk to him and do, to the best of my abilities, talk to him. If I may ask, what is is that he has done, father? What has he done that has made you, and especially mother, worry so much of him?"

Cynthia Alucard, Pixie Wing Commander
Objective: Two A Walk in the Park
Attire:
9b6806fc1cdbac38ad72d9107141bb14.jpg

cyn_2.png

Cyn's scowl continued to develop, but soon confusion flooded her eyes when bolts of blue energy rings were launched from the side of her and slammed into the three youths. She slightly turned her attention to Hayes with a question nearing her mouth and forming into words but her attention returned to the youths and noticed one now spearing into her with the table.

Shocked at how things turned, Cyn barely registered the warning from Hayes and she braced herself to engage the charging teen and his makeshift ramming table. Sweets and other assortment of candies of the like were being forcibly removed, no doubt the owner had painstakingly decorated the table so beautifully. And now this rude mongrel possess the mindset of some sort of berserker. Cyn bent her knees and took a single step forward to meet the charger head on, she jumped over and on top of the table.

Her military boots slammed on the tabletop, now clear of all other obstruction, Cyn continued to run across the table as the youth pushed the table past beneath her as she ran across. Cyn aimed squarely for the jaw with her foot, perhaps the youth was so enraged he had not expected for his fool proof to fail right before him, or maybe he had not expected for Cyn to be so agile with her Officer uniform.

The poor youth was sent sprawling from the force of the kick, and Cyn jumped down from the table to continue her assault. Her eyes tracked the downed youth, surprisingly the poor youth still held onto something akin to consciousnesses. Her boot slammed down on his back, and with a thud, Cyn growled and with disdain she pulled out her blaster pistol from beneath her officer's jacket. The weapon was rather weak, and although accurate, it was more for show but against unprotected and unarmored skull it would surely leave a perfect cylinder down this skull.

"You tarnished this poor civilian's shop with your abominable behavior and questionable morality with your actions. Clearly assaulting an Confederate Imperial Officer showcases a destitute intelligence within your thick skull." Cyn spat vehemently at the youth beneath her boot, as she pressed her foot back down on his back to slam him back to the ground.

Her blaster pistol wavered as did her stern look as she sighed loudly, her exasperation clear as day as she placed her blaster pistol away back beneath her jacket. "-Alas, until Chandrila formerly recognizes Confederate Imperial Laws and Jurisdiction, and they take effect until later, you will held under your local authority's detention."

Cyn sighed looked over to Hayes, "I apologize, it appears that my shopping trip here only produced scandal and extra paperwork." Cyn apologized, her smile turned upside down as she realized that now more police and troopers were needed to be called. Her eyes scanned the rest of the store and noticed the other two youths were still knocked out and then she turned to what was destroyed and thrashed.

Her eyes widen, her mouth and lips continued to attempt to form an expression close to both shock and anger but with another kick from her boot, she jumped off the youth and looked around the store. No, no, no, those couldn't had been all of them. She tried to find more but to no luck and so Cyn went over to check on the owner of the store.

She quickly walked over to the counter and jumped over to head into the backroom, the poor owner sat on the floor, fearful and upon seeing Cyn the poor woman skirted back. Cyn sighed "-You can get up now, all it under control." She attempted to relax the woman as she gingerly stood back up straight. "Do you by any chance, more candy apples?"

The woman shook her head and pointed to the box next to Cyn and revealed a box filled with fresh apples. The wooden sticks were next to it and the other caramel and candy liquid were left in another tub. The tubs were empty.

Cyn wished her blaster pistol was loaded, as that had been reason she had not fired upon the youth but now, well, Cyn wanted to shoot something badly.

[member="Lannik Hayes"]

Objective

JiGZUcY.png

I can sense your confusion.

I mean no harm.

Her clear blue eyes moved between the jewel-like orb and her brother, her lithe form still as she observed the other walking around the artefact. The gaze of his eyes was faraway and hazy, almost as though he was daydreaming even as he spoke.

Do not worry, I only want to help.

Distracted by the calm assurance of the words, her eyes flickered back towards the orb for a moment before she answered Seto. “It is telling me that it wants to help,” she finally said, biting down on her bottom lip as she began to feel a faint sense of dread welling up within her, starting from the bottom of her belly and trailing up her spine only to settle in an unpleasant manner at the back of her throat.

I can guide you so that you will find peace.

Marriskcal was no stranger to having words and images being placed into her mind, for the man she had once served faithfully was a master of the mind arts. And in the same vein, part of her training as a Guard meant that she was less vulnerable to being lured and seduced.

And this? This had all the touches of subtle manipulation woven into it.

Touch me, and I will bring clarity to your mind.

The gentle voice that lulled her into complacence, the reverberation of understanding and warmth of affection that laced through its presence. It tore the barely healing wounds of her heart anew. For she now knew that once Lord and Master was a deceiver, and they were all dolls that danced to his whims and fancy. Dolls to use, break, and discard.

What I want, I can achieve with my own will given time and distance,” she snarled venomously up at the beautiful crimson gem, her eyes glittering dangerously with her need to destroy. For she had enough of lies and platitudes, and of having her faith and beliefs shattered.

The young woman whipped her head around, her eyes falling on the figure of her brother, who continued to be entranced by the aura that emanated from the orb. With her lips pursed into a thin line of quiet fury, Marriskcal crossed the distance between them in a few swift steps, placing her frame between the artefact and himself.

You cannot have him, she directed her thoughts towards the sentience.

She raised her own hand, twining her fingers together with his before pulling it down in an insistent manner. “Seto– Seto–” she spoke, the shade of her voice filled with her concern and worry over the older male. “The artefact is trying to lure you into touching it.” Marriskcal used her other hand to pat at his chest, even as her presence began to envelop around the other, hoping that it would be able to diminish whatever spell it held over her brother. “You need to ignore it.

Vy2NTqS.png

Harxa Escala
Objective: #4; Catching up with his firstborn
Location: Hotel La Primavera, Skygarden, Hanna City, Chandrila
Interacting with: [member="Lin'yao Escala"]

BPTtR2S.png
I still cannot fathom how you can stomach those vile things,” Har’xa replied in a flat tone, narrowing his eyes at his heir. “All I can taste is weeks old oil and salt. And do not get me started on the texture of those bars! I think there are plastifoam out there that are easier to bite through than them,” he ended his faux tirade with knowing tilt of his head at Lin and a small amused grin playing at a corner of his mouth. It was a tradition between father and son that spanned decades, and their little retorts never failed to make the worries he held within him settle.

Feeling more calm when it came to his youngest, the older male took another sip of his tea before he moved on to their next topic of conversation. While it was a matter that still prickled at his whole being, Har’xa was not a person who avoided speaking of something unpleasant just because he wanted something to be otherwise. “At this point? Only remnants remain,” the dark haired male spoke in a dismissive tone. Truly, for one who claimed that they were at the apex of military might and technological advancement, it was disappointing that they fell overnight.

Kou was just beginning to settle back into life within the family when news of their Grand Moff’s sacrifice was reported on the holonet.” While Har’xa did not feel anything in particular for the late Natasi Fortan, it annoyed him that she commanded such devotion from his own flesh and blood. More so when he was left to simmer in his own dark thoughts and allowed to deteriorate until he was barely sleeping. To the Epicanthix, she did not deserve his son’s loyalty and respect.

He feels that he should have been there despite knowing that it is a futile battle,” he continued to speak calmly, carefully not allowing his displeasure at the thought to leak through his voice. “Sula is worried that he will regress to how he was after his first major conflict over Skor II, so she is determined to stay by his side and distract him from his thoughts. But I feel that after several weeks of listening to both me and your mother, Kou is beginning to chafe.

Lannik Hayes, Stormtrooper Sergeant
Objective: #2; A Walk in the Park
Equipment: Katarn Multipurpose Battle Armour, Vibrodagger, Blaster
Interacting with: [member="Cynthia Alucard"]

A5uaNL3.png

F14b6sn.jpg

Lannik watched with no small amount of awe and wariness as the blonde exploded into motion, a wince of sympathy shuddering through his form when the thick soles of her military boot slammed right into the unfortunate youth’s face.

Oof. That has got to hurt.

And it did not end there.

Even with the poor kid lying dazed on the floor and probably seeing stars from the harsh impact, his companion was apparently merciless and can hold a huge grudge. While he has been prepared to intervene and takedown the youth himself just in case Alucard was unable to react in time, now the stormtrooper found himself thinking of a delicate way to intervene between his bloodthirsty companion and her defeated opponent.

I think the kid will need a medic after this…

Before Lannik could even take a step forward, the young woman stomped on his back vindictively. For the Maker, Alucard’s karking terrifying when she’s angered. But though all his common sense and instincts were shrieking at him to leave her be and allow her to sate her vengeance on the youth, the law-abiding stormtrooper that he was snapped back into reality when he caught sight of the blaster pistol in her hand.

Note to self: Do not upset Alucard. Ever.

Italicised. Bolded. And underlined.

Nor do you ever dare to break the law in front of her.

Some of the tension within him eased when she removed the blaster from sight and the sergeant stepped forward with a pair of cuffs. “…Shopping trip?” he echoed in a questioning manner. But before he could let her know that she was being humble and that he appreciated her help in aiding him and his team to arrest these vandals, Alucard vanished from his sight after giving the youth a final unforgiving kick.

You poor chit. This just isn’t your day, is it?

He looked over to where she was, and seeing the blonde speaking to and ensuring the wellbeing of the owner, the brunet did his part, pulling his prone youth’s wrist together over his back snapping the cuffs over them. The diamonds blinking on his HUD were indicating that members of his team were arriving in under a minute. And with the troublemakers caught and taken into custody, well, Lannik supposed he could afford to take a ten minutes break and ask if Alucard wanted some sugar cookies from the bakeries.

His treat, of course.

And nope, Lannik did not have any nefarious purpose at all. He merely wanted to thank the young woman for saving them the trouble of what was probably days of investigation. He certainly was not trying to bribe her in hopes that she would go easy on him in the future.

Tanomas Graf

T
Tanomas Graf, Certified Dad
Objective IV - Long Overdue

wuvEwHt.png
Tanomas' eyes flickered down to where he was gently stroking Arvis' back when he noticed Kyli's hand move to show attention to the beagle. It was his augmentations that allowed him to ascertain that his daughter was nervous about touching the dog, for reasons unbeknownst to him; at any rate, he would ask about it once they had settled into this new dynamic that had developed between the two. For now, though, they could just relax on the warm sand of the Chandrilan beach with not a single care in the world, or so he thought.

He watched out of his peripherals as she began to unlace her boots, an eyebrow raising slightly when he saw a distinct badge slide out of her pocket. Wouldn't he have heard if his adopted daughter had joined the Coruscant Security Force? He had several representatives and agents embedded in the planetary constibulary. Graf was about to say something to his daughter when he noticed her nose begin to bleed, his knuckles turning white as his hands curled into fists over the arms of the chair, he felt completely helpless as he watched the scene unfold before him.

The older man forced himself to look away, deeply unsettled by the sight, the corners of his eyes misting up. He knew that she had received AFTERLIFE, something that made his heart ache when he remembered reading over the sickly details of the project. He wanted so desperately for it to be him to have to bear through the pain instead of her, something that was oddly wholesome to him in a morbid way. He knew he had found somebody he could consider his family, somebody he could love as his own offspring despite what he had done.

He smiled when she finally spoke to him, getting her the drink that she accepted. She was no longer Chief Petty Officer Kyli, DT-6767 to him anymore.

She was Kyli Graf.

She was his daughter.

Tanomas placed a hand on her shoulder, his smile bittersweet as he looked out to the horizon where the sun was setting.

Seto Du Couteau
Objective: Barsen'who?
Actions: Looking Deeper into the Jedi Temple
Attire:
d7e96a6845a6af4059fd251d05bdadad.jpg
seto_2.png

Seto closed his eyes for a moment, his hands continued to lean forward to find this strange new sense of warmth. Instead though, a familiar warmth wrapped around his hand and Seto opened his eyes to see Marr standing right in front of him. Her hand pressed firmly against his chest as she gently urged her brother to step away from the Orb. Strange, there's nothing wrong here, I think.

The Galaxy seemed to make sense the closer he got to the Orb, perhaps, Seto figured he could understand it all a bit better if he reached further into this Orb's peculiar consciousnesses.

His head tilted slightly to one side, even as his hand gently fell back down to his side Seto couldn’t completely focus on Marr. Some of his attention remained with the large red Orb and even as his sister’s words were fed into his mind, Seto barely registered the words as he paused mid step from backing away. Something is off with me.

Seto gently breathed, his mind slowly coming back forth as he withdrew himself from being so open with the Force. He looked down towards Marr, his eyes returned to his focused self, his shoulders rolled back as he straightened his back. “I was confident I could find some answer if I pressed myself with the Orb.” Seto commentated, he offered a nod to Marr, reassuring her that he was more than just fine. Just not what I expected.

“I’ll call for more support and get a pair of Ysalamiri to keep the Orb’s Force pull from effecting anyone else.” Seto explained, but even as he recognized the issue with Orb, his eyes floated back to the Crimson Temptress and truly wondered what this Artifact was doing within a Jedi Temple.

Seto pressed his hand on Marr’s shoulder and squeezed lightly for not just her reassurance, but for his own sake as well. “Let’s leave and get what we need.” Seto offered, but a thought continued to dig into his head.

“What happen to the Jedi Master that built this Temple again? Something about unknown circumstances that lead to their death?” Seto couldn’t be sure, but he needed to investigate where this Master traveled and see if they had left clues elsewhere in this galaxy. Did I almost get lost within yet another empty promise? Seto mused on that he may need to refocus and reaffirm his mental afterwards.

"At least I didn't get my suit dirty with all the dust around us," Seto mumbled to mostly himself with a sober shake of his head.

[member="Marriskcal Lati"]

Tobias Wrynn

T
The final moments of his incursion were the ones that ran him ragged. Harsh breaths filtered by his helmet made no outward sounds, and as he sidled against the corridor wall, he knew that a second off from the timing he had devised would spell failure. Holonet resources within the Headquarters had allowed him to access the Imperial Network remotely, and in conjunction with an Agent assigned to his taskforce, they were able to both glean the location of the target, and also to plant the files necessary for the arrest to take place.

The harshest part of this was managing to get into that room without being grabbed by security. A Stormtrooper on scene, dragged out by Chandrilan locals? That could cause friction in their plans to assimilate the world entirely. Wrynn was better than that.

He just didn't feel that he was.

Inadequacies were an unfortunate side effect of Stormtrooper processing. Every time they had to endure the rigorous mental tests and mindwipes that kept them from falling victim to Post Traumatic Stress, they retained bits and pieces of their former selves. Becoming part of the Expeditionary Force meant willingly sacrificing certain leisures, but becoming completely efficient. That was how they explained the process.

What actually happened, was that he could not make connections between why he felt such confidence and reality. Disassociation was an unfortunate inevitability for Wrynn. He had to press past it and complete the mission. Then he could go get processed, and for that brief period of time, feel secure within his existence again.

With a deep breath, he kicked in the door and raised his sidearm. "Mister Tansras," he called out the name of the executive, who looked up from his paperwork with a priceless expression. "The Empire has received information implicating you in seditious activity. You are hereby under arrest, until such a time as you can be put to trial for your crimes. If you are found innocent-"

"What is the meaning of this?" Tansras boomed as he rose from his chair. Sirens blared through the facility and the sounds of heavy blasterfire resounded. It appeared they had been keeping a close eye on his progress. "Your employees are being made to suffer for your poor choices. It is regrettable that you had to endanger innocent lives in your plot to subvert peace and prosperity."

"Seditious activity?" the chief executive officer wailed. "Subvert peace and prosperity? Just what exactly are you talking about!"

Wrynn held his weapon steady, and several moments later, a female agent stepped out in front of him. "Impressive work, Stormtrooper," she praised. "Lower your weapon. I have things to discuss with Tansras. As for you, a LAAT is on site to bring you back to Command. We will take it from here."

With a snap salute, Wrynn turned and exited the room.

The Agent slowly shut the door behind him.

Kyli Ashlyn Graf
Chandrila Equatorial Plane, Glistening Beach
Tags: [member="Tanomas Graf"]

Kyli accepted the alcoholic drink graciously and cradles it over her pursed knees buying her fair-skinned toes beneath the sand's surface and grinding the grains between digits idly hanging high in the sky Chandrila's local star sent down warm rays which radiated pleasantly through the sand. The weight of Tanomas' fingers clasping down around her right shoulder earns a glance from the visibly weary albeit content Kyli, the beginnings of a smirk present upon her pursed lips. "I never knew it was possible to live like this." An expression largely unknown to the young woman brute-forced itself onto the skin of face betraying just how much that admission had cost them.

She scooped up a handful of sand in a fist. "The only time I've really done anything like this was while I was training to be a Stormtrooper, my training creche and I stole our instructors' oxygen tanks during some diving training." Kyli explained hazel spheres screened their surroundings and began recalling fond memories upon seeing the cyan cylindrical shape of an oxygen tank laying lonely against the sand of beach closer to where the waves rose and receded down the golden bank. "Sabotaged the valves so they couldn't complete the dive and had to turn back halfway through." A brief uncharacteristic chuckle follows with this defiant revelation. "We sat on a beach like this for two days lighting fires, dancing around and catching fish."

The former master sniper's hands made a variety of gestures with both hands to aid in her storytelling. Pausing Kyli's eyes look away from Tanomas' eyes and the waves. "That was more than ten years ago." after a brief pause she continued. "Most of my unit were wiped out in the war." With visible reticence, she glanced back towards her Father. "On Kaeshana and Hoth. I miss them, every single day." Sadly she smiled. "But atleast we have each other Father." Kyli finally took deeply of the cool class that she'd kept secure between knees while going back over grim history and watched Tanomas' wrinkled creased face waiting patiently for his reply.

Objective

JiGZUcY.png

For a fleeting moment, her heart sank when Seto remained silent even as his hand slipped from her light grasp. Her slender frame began to tense, coiled in anticipation of undertaking a more drastic measure to impede her brother from drawing closer to the crimson orb.

Then, a soft breath escaped him, the tendrils of his aura flowing back within his person. A vivid smile curved her lips as his cerulean eyes began to regain its clarity, the lines of her shoulders softening as his gaze dropped to meet her own. “That… would be for the best.” And when Marriskcal felt the warmth of his hand on her, the last of the tension within her melted away.

Feeling more assured that Seto was no longer caught in the allure of the artefact, the young woman allowed the older male to step away from her, instinctively walking by his side as they both made their way out of the chamber. She turned to grace the jewel-like orb with a final glare before it disappeared from her line of vision. Ever since she had spurned the sentience’s proposal, her mind was quiet of its presence of the sentience.

Perhaps we should both do a bit more research,” she mused aloud, loathing that they did not have more information on the reports. ‘Unknown circumstances’ were such a vague and apathetic approach of recording a cause of death. “Just in case the initial reports that were compiled for us missed out on some important detail.” Now that Marriskcal knew of the orb’s insidious nature despite the calmness of the Force, she was determined to never allow it to lull her into complacence ever again.

At her brother’s quiet words, she inclined her head up at him with mischievous gleam in her eyes, giving him a playful poke at his side. “Or so you think. There is still plenty of rooms left to explore and the day is still long~

Vy2NTqS.png

Captain Malys
Chandrila Surface, Hanna City, Federal Court
Nearby: [member="ST-00/0666"], [member="SC-01/2876"], [member="CC-15715"], [member="CC-239"]

Lynda's temper flares and sends the blood cycling through her arteries and veins on fire, teeth clenched with left hand balling into a fist. The professional Coruscant Security Force Officer who would usually be sworn to impartial enforcement of the law found a place for release of her Humanocentric opinions and vitriol within the Imperial Military "Mandalorian Scum!" She cursed back at the image playing on her helmet-mounted display and immediately drew the G-11F Blaster Rifle dangling against her right lasercut form-fitting reinforced duraplast covered thigh. Lynda's dirty green spheres look towards the shorter Trooper to her right who proposed an idea that the Captain received with immense enthusiasm, the proposal of breaching the courthouse and murdering a band of insurgents? Oh yes, the woman who had been called 'Zarha' could go for that certainly.

The Helmet-Mounted display identified the dwarfed feminine Trooper as Private First Class 'ST-00/0666' Another gods-damned clone, lovely While Lynda did quite like the idea that the Conscription of Citizens was unlawful the fact they were replaced with Clones was disgusting to the Captain, holding only mindless soulless automatons lower in terms of their lives' worth. "Private sixty-six, we won't be negotiating with these Terrorists we're going to take them into custody or kill them." Lynda affirms with professional conviction managing to tactfully conceal the animosity she possessed for the Clone Stormtroopers who surrounded her at this present time. Pivoting in her boots the former comrade of Tanomas Graf and a Death Trooper in their own right, Lynda Dorn gestured to the great, thick courtroom door. "Sergeant Thorne, I want your men to place shaped charges and plastic explosives on the door in the event we need to breach it if the infiltration through the rear entry fails."

Captain Dorn might have been outranked by Lieutenant Colonel Pike but she was more than willing to usurp the Clones' authority in the absence of the man's own orders. It was the First Imperial training shining through, this wasn't the first time Lynda had done something like this. "After you've got the charges placed, have some electrician contractors get in here and cut the power to the Courtroom and disconnect the secondary generator in the basement from its' circuit." She paused for a moment. "They won't kill the hostages, if they do they'll have nothing to bargain with and any negotiating power they would have had was lost when they assumed I thought I hoped to get even one hostage out alive successfully." It was a grim admission but the pragmatic 'Captain Malys' did not assume that she could resolve the situation by getting anybody out alive, but that's how it went. You'd be fortunate to get one out alive and Lynda wasn't sure she could even manage that, no.

The Mandalorians had become entangled with an Army Captain no less ruthless than themselves and they were about to learn this poignant fact the hard way when Beast and Dorn would undoubtedly slaughter them all, in good time of course and assuming none of the blow-hard moron gentle, soft Clone Commanders got in her way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom