Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech JSA-CAR30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
TlqtxMJ.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a multipurpose carbine for Jak Sandrow.
  • Image Source: Me, I made it. Check out more angles here!
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: JSA
  • Model: JSA-CAR30
  • Affiliation: Jak Sandrow
  • Modularity: This weapon is equipped with JSA-standard picatinny rails, as well as a modular stock and grip. It is able to carry JSA-standard scopes, grenade launchers, hand grips, etc.
  • Production: Unique, though multiple have been created.
  • Material: Durasteel, plasteel, slugthrower components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Slugthrower carbine
  • Size: Handheld
  • Length: 1 m
  • Weight: 3.4 kg
  • Ammunition Type: JSA-standard 5.56 x 51 mm slugs
  • Ammunition Capacity: 30 rounds (shown), uses JSA-standard mag sizes for potentially larger magazines.
  • Effective Range: Battlefield (600 m)
  • Rate of Fire: Selective - semi, burst, full auto
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • JSA-standard rails
  • JSA-standard magazine
  • Interchangeable stock (a reserve mag stock is shown)
  • Selective fire
  • Trigger safety

Strengths:
  • You Need What Now - Interchangeable systems of accessories, stocks, and magazines allow an almost infinite number of configurations, for many different missions.
  • Sticks And Stones - Using slugthrower technology is widely considered archaic, but the only people who say that are the ones who haven't had 30 supersonic rounds of metal smashed into their body armor in the space of 2.5 seconds.
Weaknesses:
  • Oh Gravity - Slugthrower rounds are notorious for bullet drop. Beyond 600 m, the rounds not only waver due to bullet spin, but begin to drop significantly due to gravity. This affects accuracy significantly.
  • I Need Ammo - Slugthrower ammo is not easy to come by... especially JSA-standard slugs. It can be far too easy to run out of ammo.
DESCRIPTION
The JSA-CAR30 is Jak's first entry into a standardized weapon system. While every weapon he creates is unique, this one is an introduction to at a fully interchangeable system, that will hopefully become standard across all weapons he creates.

It is a multipurpose carbine, smaller than a standard rifle but able to fire rifle-caliber cartridges at high rates. With many interchangeable functions, it is able to perform multiple roles in battle.

By no means an overly powerful weapon, its strength is in its versatility. Suppressors, holo sights, over-stuffed magazines, this weapon can handle them all. Just try not to run out of ammo.

[member="Jak Sandrow"]

Hello again. Feel free to use this thread for any questions or comments you may have as we get under way with your latest submission.

Let's start with what I'm looking at: are those two magazines used at once in this weapon system? If so does each hold 30 rounds? Is one in reserve?

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
The magazine in the stock is not used, it is reserve. I will add that to the description.

Added:
  • Interchangeable stock (a reserve mag stock is shown)

[member="The Major"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom