Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JS-3 Liberator

IBRQ3kI.jpg

W97R10W12W12I37W97.jpg

Image Source: (In order of appearance):
http://i.imgur.com/IBRQ3kI.jpg
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l610/11-48/W97R10W12W12I37W97.jpg

Intent: A weapon to fight against Force Users and Non-Force users, utilizing non-lethal force
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: Justice Shipping Ltd.
Model: JS-3 Liberator
Affiliation: Justice Shipping Ltd.
Modularity:
  • Colors: the wood coverings can be replaced. The durasteel also comes in gunmetal grey and jet black. Purely cosmetic.
  • Under barrel attachments: Including but not exclusively limited to:
  • Under barrel grenade launcher (smoke and stun grenades)
  • Flashlight
  • Targeting laser
  • Enhanced sights, also improves accuracy
  • Sling for ease of carrying
  • Bayonet. Though a stun baton could also be attached instead of a blade (and more likely), keeping with the “capture-not-kill” design of the weapon.
  • Barrel may be sawed off and shortened, though this is not recommended. Reduces accuracy and removes the bayonet attachment possibility.
  • Desired poisons on the darts may be exchanged and changed out.
Note: all these are possible at once (except shortening the barrel and said bayonet) though not recommended. It greatly encumbers the weapon and makes it practically useless. Moreover, firing even once with the bayonet attached will warp the barrel and render it useless.

Production: Production: Limited; Justice Shipping only
Material: Durasteel, blaster components, polished wood stock and pump.

Classification: Blaster rifle
Size: Long gun
Length: 1.2 meters
Weight: 3.6 kg

Ammunition Type: power cell, darts, tranquilizers or poisons on said darts (see description)
Ammunition Capacity:
  • Darts: 12
  • Sonic charges: 20
  • Taser shots: 10
Note: this is solely using one or the other of the Sonic or taser shots. Alternating the sonic and taser usage will alter the number of shots (e.g: half the battery may be drained with 5 taser shots or 10 sonic shots.)

Effective Range:
  • Darts: 100 meters
  • Sonic stun rounds: 20 meters
  • Taser Shots: 4.5 meters
Rate of Fire: Automatic. Pump action is used to alternate between firing styles (sonic, dart, taser, etc)

Special Features:
  • A variety of stun rounds for non-lethal combat
  • Durability - this weapon can take a lot of abuse and keep working
  • Heavy - if nothing else the heaviness of this long gun allows it to double as the original non-lethal weapon: a club.
Description: This weapon was created out of a need for Justice Shipping’s security forces to have something that they could use to combat their opponents and subdue those that threatened their employers without using lethal force. Designed to take on Force Users and Non-force users alike, this weapon was crafted with the upmost intent. The darts attached can carry any number of pre-decided toxins, poisons, stun, and chemicals to subdue their opponents. Due to the nature of this weapon, it would do no real damage to durasteel—a few sonic shots would warp a plate of 1 inch thickness gradually and a Taser shot would only leave scorch marks (though, of course, the energy would carry through.) Though heavy, this weapon is highly effective in capture scenarios. This, coupled with its low cost of creation, makes it very efficient for the company to give away when arming civilian forces against oppressive regimes.

Primary Source: none

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="James Justice"] [member="Bianca"] This needs heavy cleaning up. Its difficult to read - before any judgement is done this needs to be organized. Bold the different categories and add spaces so that its easier to read.

[member="James Justice"] [member="Bianca"] Judgement can resume, I've fixed the submission and linked the company - please use this as a reference as to how the submission should look when presenting it to the Factory as a completed work.

James Justice said:
Manufacturer: Justice Shipping Ltd.
Your company is only listed as having security & transporting cargo as operations, meaning they do not produce weapons and other technologies. Please use a different manufacturer. Alternatively you can request a company submission modification to add weapons to the operations, but please let me know if you plan to do that.

James Justice said:
Sonic stun rounds:
Can you explain this or link to a canon example?

And how does this fire both physical projectiles and blaster projectiles?

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]
Thanks. Sorry for misunderstanding >_<

[member="Bianca"]
Um, well if its ok I will just send this over to our gun-manufacturer then and he can take care of it--or is that not how this should work? Thanks for being patient, this was kinda just a new idea I had and... yeah probably should have thought it through submission differently.

James Justice said:
Bianca Um, well if its ok I will just send this over to our gun-manufacturer then and he can take care of it--or is that not how this should work? Thanks for being patient, this was kinda just a new idea I had and... yeah probably should have thought it through submission differently.
The manufacturer is the company/person/people/group that make the item being submitted, the affiliation would be the company/people/etc they are being made for. So Justice Shipping, whom this is being made for, would be the Affiliation, and then the gun manufacturer would be the Manufacturer.

[member="Bianca"]

Yeah, I am sorry, we have a company who has an agreement with us--exclusively makes our weapons but he is out a bit because of a family tragedy. I was going to try and scoot this along since he wasn't going to be available for a little while. But if that's ok, then I will just wait for him to get back and let him sub this through is company--as long as he doesn't get in trouble for it or anything. :)

Moved to Archives - PM [member="Spencer Jacobs"] for removal / if denied for Second Chance please post and tag Spencer Jacobs for review.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom