Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joyeuse

Hephaestus-class Factory Ship Masamune, High Orbit over Kashyyyk

There was no debate that the Jedi lagged behind their Sith counterparts in the development of Force related technologies. With mobile nexuses like the Sith battlecruiser once observed over Kaeshana, the Sith could always create favorable conditions in any conflict.

With a (probably small) lull in major fighting, Jyoti had finally been able to take a step back and return her attention to Masamune operations, developing new countermeasures. She had developed a few promising prototypes, but had hit a snag with scaling on her main project. With time, she could probably overcome the scaling issue with the fabrication of sturdier materials, but there wasn't time. She needed a solution now.

For that reason, she had called in Sasori for assistance. They had no shortage of materials and components suitable for their use, so she brought them on board. The irony wasn't lost on the avatar bringing in the organization that her predecessor had tried to avoid in her last days, but Jyoti was much more flexible.

Even as she waited for Matsu to finally arrive (it was an open invitation), she continued to work hard in her personal lab within the factory ship, tirelessly tweaking upon new iterations of designs. There was a joy she took from tinkering, a form of active meditation for her.

Whenever Matsu docked to Masamune, a droid assistant would be present to finally lead her to Jyoti's lab for a chat.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Matsu stretched herself out, the ship that came was different then others could see. The Magdalena was needing to be tested and the small personal craft shifted its movements. THe outer hull of the ship rippling as it came out of hyperspace with the jedi master sitting within it. She could feel the force from her as she spoke. "We are here master Ike." The sounds of the ship were different compared to many of the other things. The Magdalena was living in the way one could. Absorbing and housing the soul fo a jedi harmed in the attack on Kashyyyk. She had asked to be given the chance since her body was failing and she was too scared to become one with the force.

"THank you." She said it and meant it. There was a whole lot that went into all of this ship as they finally arrived and the baptiste covering of the outside for the ship. Shimmered opening up to give the jedi master a ramp to go down to meet this one. She had her hands clasped hbehind her back, hair to her ankles with crystal bells in her hair and solari oil that smelled like jasmine and rain. Old power, knowledge and with the small necklace she was wearing a glow. A piece of the rift that allowed her to feel the Ta-Ree if only briefly when she needed to be able to pull down the length of the connection between it.

The droid assistant gave the Jedi Master a prompt greeting, then immediately whisked Matsu away toward the labs. Jyoti was given an advanced word of Matsu heading her way, so she took the time to straighten up before they finally came face to face. As per usual, she was wearing white robes, but her top coat hung off her chair as she had been working. She quickly slipped it back on.

Just in time, as she could feel Matsu just outside the sliding doors. The older Jedi Master radiated with power from her own being and imbued items. Jyoti by contrast only appeared as a speck in the Force thanks to the Art of the Small, how the Shadow preferred it.

"Greetings Master Ike," she said with a small bow. "I'm pleased to see you made it here safe and sound. I'm not one for formal presentations or anything, so I'll just show you something I've been working on."

She motioned for the Matsu to follow her deeper into the lab, lined with tables and workbenches covered in all manner of half complete contraptions. At the back of the lab, they would pass through another set of doors that led to a firing range. There was a row of large beam arrays set up for firing, each emanating strongly with the Light Side of the force like a mini nexus.

"There were a few good things that came of Mirial, but my research into events brought my attention to the potential of the Light Side in more offensive applications. I've been successful in channeling Force energy into beams that can cause physical destruction."

She approached the console of one of the beam arrays, first picking up a pair of protective shades, passing off one to Matsu to protect her eyes. She put on her own set and togged on the array to fire a beam, the target being a stack of heavy vertical plates of durasteel at the other end of the firing range.

A brilliant golden beam burst from the array, quickly boring through the plates. The plate became molten where the beam directly collided with the durasteel, but the whole material began to glow faintly as Force energy spread through every the material as bright cracks of light. The energy was moving along Shatterpoints, pieces begin to fly off as stress points were overloaded. Soon all the plates disintegrated into a glowing mass of shrapnel and molten metal, explosions contained by force fields.

She flipped off the array and turned to face Matsu again.

"There it is. The beam array has been augmented with an imbuement process that imparts a variety of effects, creating an exotic beam weapon that can shred through most materials in a fashion similar to a standard disruptor weapon. Though obviously where this differs is in the secondary effects related to Light Side energies. Any Sith or Dark Side construct that falls in the path of this is going to have a bad time."

"Admittedly, I'm hesitant to deploy this system outside the lab, but conventional means have proven ineffective at neutralizing their mobile nexuses and devices they so favor. What do you think?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

She was led inside and through seeing everything and the jedi master took in some of the works that they were doing.... then they got ot the main thing. A cannon, of force light.. She had experimented with those in the past before and it was possible to a point. Generally it had to be fed from the one using it. This was talking about creating a mini lightside nexus and channeling it into the moment. SOmething that could be difficult but she wasn't opposed to trying to do it. THey were experimenting with force nexi creation in ways that others might not. "The goal of what you are doing is impressive but it can be dangerous. The lightside of the force being harnessed to destroy can twist it."

She said it while looking but ws bringing up her hand as the hardlight datapad appeared on it. Wrapping around her hand while she was pulling up some fo the informaition. "Your power draw though relies on beign able to create micro sustainable force nexus tuned with the lightside of the force." She was saying it there while she looked over at a few of the things, she tried to figure out some parts of it though while they had brought it up. "Your casing needs to be stronger as well, channeling lightside energy for long periods of time can burn out a force user, generating and channeling it within the same place... could be just as dangerous to the weapon."

"I certainly won't be leading with this," she admitted with a shake of her head. "I'm aware of the risks involved and the potential for abuse, but this is needed for an increasingly common threat. The Sith have begun to go beyond equipping their warships with meditation spheres for battle coordination. They're turning them into full-blown power sources to fuel their rituals. That includes the creation of Kaiju level Sithspawn that are impervious to any conventional weapons outside of super weapons."

She could fondly recall a certain Kaiju of pure dark side energy eating super lasers like they were nothing.

"I have some alternate configurations that generate beams with different effects. I can show you those later, but what I need assistance with the focusing stage immediately following channeling."

She took note of Matsu's concerns about the casing, but she had addressed this in the design.

"For the most part, energy channeling is done on demand. Whatever is gathered is almost always immediately expelled with each firing sequence, so there's little risk of buildup. In the event of an overload, however, there are safeguards in place to flush and dissipate excess energy."

With a few mental commands, she brought up a rendering of the beam array on the room wide holoprojectors.

"Channeling begins with banks of artificial crystals closely modeled after Tsil stones which seem to work best in emulating the beam generation technique of the Neti, as well as working to amplify the energy. Secondary banks of dantari crystals are also used to recycle residual energy and feed it back into the array."

"This is the part that I'm having trouble with. The materials I'm using for the conduits for focusing is wearing down too quickly. I've toyed around with some imbued dallorian and agrinium alloys, but no dice for pure Force energy on the scale I'm looking for. Pyronium looks very promising, but it's almost prohibitively expensive in large quantities. I've seen you've made some new alloys for improving Force channeling. I was thinking it could be used here."

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

She was looking at her and gave a nod of her head. "We have developed several, Inth Metal alloy is stronger all around for channeling force energies but it requires a constant connection or a charge. What you what we would have to create and harvest the nexus for each weapon. Even on a world like Kashyyyk that is teeming with life it can be difficult." She said it but was already working on some ideas in her mind. She knew from the repository that the oldest weapons in the galaxy used kyber crystals and the force. ANcient things from the K'Kybek which were older then the celestials. "A darkside nexus created by the sith though is a lot easier to do. They will always be able to produce it by themselves." Violence was easy, lightside nexus was about life.

"This is true," she said with a nod. "Though I don't require a full-scale nexus for this particular system, and the synthetic crystals responsible for channeling are great at amplifying even relatively small amounts of Force. With each fabrication cycle, refinement continues to improve for ever greater efficiency. Otherwise, I would have used a different crystal like Kyber."

Jyoti toyed with her glasses as she looked up the Inth material through her neural implant. From the public product description, the material looked promising.

"I'd like to make a bulk order for the Inth. How soon would I be able to receive it on Kashyyyk?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

"About five minutes gove or take if the driver is speeding." She looked at her while nodding her head to the idea and explaination of what they were doing. "We've had facilities on Kashyyyk and have worked with the Wookiee's since the world was freed from the Sith Empire's experimentation. Rala swore her people would always welcome us." She said it and had worked with them, the production facility there cleaned up the shadowlands, crashed ships, damaged expeditions, battle debris... all of the things from the world that got in the way. They cleaned it up and could use it to make their equipment and aid the wookiee's. "We have even been expanding in some places and seeking out in the shadowlands rumors of technology from the K'kybek."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom