Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Journey to Cathar

After her journey to New Cov, Jonyna felt...at least a little better about herself. She didn't exactly get the chance to get the R&R she was looking for, but that's why she was heading towards Cathar now, after a quick rest stop back in the the main temple to...gather her things. She needed the chance to just take a nap before she went off to the stars again.

Lucky for her, as loud and overwhelming Coruscant was, the temple was quiet enough for her sensitive ears.

Of course, her luck was never that good. She had a habit of running into people...

Lao-ta Lao-ta

Coruscant
Jedi Temple

Lao-ta hadn't spent an extended period of time at the temple on coruscant since she'd been knighted almost 10 years ago. Despite having for the most part grown up in this temple she'd discovered that she had a greater affinity for the wild places that Master Shamba had introduced her to. After a month on the city world she was itching to see the wilds again. There was life here of course. She could feel it, but like so much of coruscant it felt structured and unnatural. Perhaps it was time to visit Kashyyk again. Perhaps somewhere new this time.

As she strolled through the temple aimlessly, pondering the sense of life around her she suddenly felt a new presence. She felt a sense of... longing of a sort as she turned to face the creature she had felt. A cathar! She noted the red mane and long tail. Cathar was a relatively wild world. Maybe she should visit there next. Then she noted the sword on the feline's back. A cathar with a sword. This must be the newcomer to the order she'd been hearing whispers about.

She approached the woman cautiously. Letting an edge of curiosity creep into her serene smile and straightened her blue shawl.
"Not every day you see a Jedi carrying steel."
She extended her hand in greeting.
"My name is Lao-ta Unbari."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Last edited:
Jonyna blinked at the sudden greeting. The woman in front of her was friendly, so Jonyna could only do the polite thing. She really did need to stop getting stuck in her own head though. Maybe it was the temple, or the planet, messing with her.

“Jonyna Si. And yeah, I find your average Sith doesn’t expect you to dual wield something with a bit more weight.” The Cathar couldn’t help by give a cocky smirk at that. “Plus, it’s cool. Gives the folks we’re trying to save a striking image. People don’t put enough weight on how much symbols like that mean to the little guy.”

Lao-ta Lao-ta

Last edited:
Lao-ta chuckled at Jonyna's smirk. It was always good to keep your enemy guessing. Most people thought of swords as obsolete, but the right blade in the right hands was still quite effective. Especially if it was cortosis reinforced. As for it being cool? It certainly seemed to be a beautiful weapon from what she could see of it. She'd always thought that lightsabers were fairly iconic, but if someone wanted a more personal flair the sword would do she supposed.

"It is... cool." She'd trained a little with a sword, but most of her skills were with lightsabers or unarmed combat. It was good for the order to have a diversity of knowledge. As far as symbols she understood that.

"Do you use it in conjunction with a lightsaber or in place of?" She felt that maybe this wasn't an interaction that the cathar had anticipated as she felt her sense again, but something urged her to continue and she knew to follow those suggestions from the force when they came.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

"Little bit of both." She pulled her saber from her coat with a little bit of the force, igniting it and offering a show of it's ruby glow. Despite it's color, no dark side energy flowed from it. "I keep my enemies on my toes, and let people make assumptions. Assumptions mean mistakes. And I can exploit mistakes."

She extinguished her saber, looking her new friend up and down. "What's your thing?"

Lao-ta Lao-ta

A part of Lao-ta was surprised at the red blade that crackled into being before her, but she felt none of the malice she'd come to associate with that hue of blade. Jonyna's point about assumptions was correct. If she hadn't been as attuned to the force as she was she might have tripped over herself in surprise at the blade.

After it was extinguished she contemplated the cathar's question. What was her thing? She tried to be good at everything she did. She failed of course. There were plenty of areas she couldn't quite get the hang of. The mind trick as an example. She could think of one trait she had that made her unique. Of course most Jedi could do it, just not the way she did.
"I'm... open to the life around me. I mean all Jedi learn how to feel it, but I've always been able to do it. In fact I can't stop. It makes me hard to sneak up on, and it means I've never really felt alone." Was that what she had been asking?
"I'm also a good duelist and pilot if that's more what you were looking for." She said indicating the matched pair of sabers at her belt. Elegantly shaped hilts of polished wroshyr wood and electrum.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

“Normally I’d ask to be the judge of that, but a good duelist doesn’t reveal all her secrets.” Jonyna smirked. She seemed to use that as her default facial expression, it was a wonder the right side of her face wasn’t stuck like that. Or maybe it was. Did keep her fangs visible, so maybe that was the idea… “I’m off to Cathar for some r and r. You wanna come along?”

Lao-ta Lao-ta Loomi Loomi

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si , Lao-ta Lao-ta

Loomi_divider.png

Loomi had spent the day tending to her familiar, whom she affectionately called 'Lil' Fella.' She didn't know what it was. It was some kind of organic goop with soul energy in it, and it changed shape depending on her thoughts. The Godoan had formed a force bond with it, one which allowed her to utilize it in combat like a blade.
gordana.png
The creature was contained in a gourd when she found it, which sat on her back at all times. Unfortunately, the gourd seemed to be rather old. Cracks were beginning to form in it, and to keep her 'Lil' Fella' from drying up she figured it was best to patch them. Using strips she had woven with the force, Loomi had managed to take care of them, at least enough to where the inside of the gourd would remain damp. Now, with the gourd cradled in her arms, the Godoan had begun to make her way back to her room.

“I’m off to Cathar for some r and r. You wanna come along?”

That was until she had stumbled across two people having a conversation. Loomi figured the right thing to do was keep moving, but she noticed one of them was Jonyna, a knight who she had become quite friendly with. By the time she had noticed this, she had been staring at the two for far too long to have not been noticed, sending a wave of embarrassment over the teen.

"Uh... I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" she asked nervously, her face becoming red.

The other woman seemed to be a knight as well. Looking silly in front of two advanced Jedi certainly did give Loomi some internal stress.

"I'm off to Cathar for some r and r. You wanna come along?"
Perfect. Lao-ta's mind brimmed with thoughts of giant trees and vast savannahs as she contemplated the offer. This was what she had been looking for.

"Uh... I'm not interrupting anything, am I?"
She had noticed the godoan's presence and wondered whether or not she would speak. When she did Lao-ta felt the accompanying embarrassment.
"Not in any way that causes harm, I think." She said then looked aside to Jonyna for confirmation and gestured invitingly to the newcomer.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Loomi Loomi

"Uh... I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" she asked nervously, her face becoming red.
”Huh?” Jonyna paused, smiling at the sight of Loomi Loomi ”Oh! Nah, I’m just talking about heading back to my home world to relax and enjoy some time on the-“ Her next word was something in Cathar, should either speak it roughly translated to “Tree”, but also “Home” and “Garden”. A strange language Cathar was. “You wanna come with too? I know a place we can train too.”

Lao-ta Lao-ta

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"Y-yeah. Okay."

A knight was asking her if she wanted to go somewhere. She couldn't bring herself to decline such an offer. Besides, it was to her homeworld no less. That was a very kind gesture, one which the Godoan was honored to receive. She turned to the other knight, giving a half-bow in greeting.

"I'm Loomi," she introduced. "It's nice to meet you, Miss..."

Lao-ta bowed in response to Loomi's gesture.
"My name is Lao-ta Unbari. A pleasure to meet you Loomi." She turned back to Jonyna. "I would be honored to join you on this trip."
The other knight had mentioned a place to train. Perhaps she would get the chance to be the judge of Lao-ta's dueling skill after all. She was certainly interested in seeing the sword at work herself.

Loomi Loomi Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

“Cool beans! First question though. Do either of you have a ship? Closest thing I have is an old X-wing that does not have space for three people.”

"S-sorry," Loomi frowned, "My ship is a two seater. And... I haven't been cleared to fly it again yet."

The healers at the temple didn't want her having flashes of memories in the air that could debilitate her and get people hurt (mainly herself). It was best that she worked on making sure she didn't lose her focus in the air before she flew again. Perhaps she should look at getting a larger ship too, at least to have somewhere to keep... her belongings? She didn't really own enough to need the extra space.

She'd figure it out later.

"We could always borrow a shuttle from the Temple," Loomi reasoned. "As long as we check it out appropriately and keep it undamaged anyways."

"Just a one seater for me, but I think Loomi is right. We can probably requisition a shuttle from the temple. If not we can find our way on a vessel headed that way. Or if nothing else we fly in formation and each take a separate ship. We have options."

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"Cool," Loomi nodded. "Great."

That was the ship figured out, which was good. Loomi definately didn't have space for two people, and it seemed like the others were the same way. Now that only left one other question...

"So... where's Cathar?"

"In the Quelli sector, neighbors to Dathomir." She smiled, "It's a beautiful planet. The oceans on the west of Albreena sparkle while the jungles in the interior span across the entire equator. The trees are the size of small cities and we carve murals into the trunks to celebrate feats of great valor." Jonyna's tone was practically whimsical at this point. "We had to do a lot of rebuilding after the Mandos torched the jungles...but it's back to his full glory now!"

Loomi Loomi Lao-ta Lao-ta

"I'm glad. It was a tragedy what happened. The restoration of the jungles of Cathar is a testament to the resilience of life." She inclined her head respectfully to the other knight. "I'm glad to get the chance to see it. And I'm glad to meet you both. I look forward to our journey together. I'll call you once I've got the shuttle." She turned to walk away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom