Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply (Journey on to) the Shoulders of Giants

victor-anceaume-victor-anceaume-r3l-barqg-final.png

(JOURNEY ON TO)
THE SHOULDERS OF GIANTS

~specks of dust within the galaxy~

OUTFIT: x
TAG: Open

michaelnewbling3.png

BOGDEN, INNER RIM

Walking through the bustling, heinous market, a criminal haven on the edge of the Alliance’s territory had me thinking of what I have in my hand for a brief moment.

Anobis Imperial Remnant, or is it Anobis Imperial Protectorate, nowadays, the changes in minuscule details always slipped my mind the past years, but that’s beside the point. The city is an autonomously functioning holding by now. Big enough to sustain itself through trials and tribulations, well-off enough to assist its Imperial allies within a proper value, but not too big that it catches the attention of the looming Galactic Alliance to the south. It’s a well-oiled machine that allows me to take my eyes off its daily operational machinations, and shifts my attention elsewhere.

The war and what comes after, the disillusionment that it brought, has pulled me further off from the traditional Imperial camaraderie, and closer to the Force itself. How didn’t I, I was left on the frontier of a decaying Empire, I had my humanity shattered, I had my hope crushed. Through my daughter I regained the latter, and through the Force the former. I had to grasp onto something to retain my sanity, and they are the rock I leaned on day in and day out, still going strong as of today. Don’t get me wrong, my loyalty is still as staunch as ever, to the Lord Regent, to my confidants in what was the Imperial Knights Order. Yet, I’m afraid that’s as far as where it goes these days.

As for the reason why I am here, in Bogden of all places today? It’s for both of the reasons above. The Force did call me here, correct, but it’s also for my daughter. I was never a master Force-user, my role as an Imperial Knight was almost always related to my warfare and close-quarter combat ability. It’s different for my daughter. She was born with immense talent, the daughter of storm and fire, the Princess That Was Promised herself.

I have come a long way since my early days, heading my own Imperial Knight lodge, as the Order had dissipated together with the old Empire. The time I spent on voyages and study quarters had brought me closer, to myself, to the galaxy, to the Force. Yet this is going to be an uncharted territory, even for me, that’s if I ended up getting my hand on the star chart that is rumored to lead to Zeffo.

For now, it’s Bogden, which is not without its challenge. I’d like to believe that my disguise is good enough to pass on the day. It’s an almost lawless area after all, no matter how it is officially. Yet, it’s still an Alliance territory, no one knows which important person is also here today, not to mention that its lawlessness means scoundrels are always on alert, for the highest payouts.

Still, it is all worthed, if it eventually leads to Zeffo.

michaelnewbling3.png

Last edited:
Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
Who didn't like a
bustling, heinous market, a criminal haven
?

Jerec sure did. Bustling, heinous markets had the best noodles. Also, when you crossed some musclebound twenty-eight-year-old snot of a Jedi Knight, positively burgeoning with destiny, you had the option to follow through.

"Stay the hell down," Jerec said, and not for the first time. He staggered to his feet and eyed his handiwork. The Jedi had given a good account of himself until he pulled a saber in a fistfight and promptly lost both saber and fight. Jerec pocketed some fancy bits of gear and clipped the fancy Jedi weapon to his toolbelt beside his own battered laser sword. He cracked his neck, a bit of a process for an Ithorian. The supine Jedi groaned and stayed, as requested, down.

All around, the market more or less minded its own business.

Argilac Argilac

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom