Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Job's A Job

hZFxlpS.png

Lothal wasn't a planet he'd ever had a chance to get to before. Most of his time in the Outer Rim was quick jobs. Pick up a package, drop it off, go to the next job. Rarely he ever ended up leaving the space port of the various planets. There was never a reason. And yet here on this seemingly out of the way planet Kahlil couldn't help but feel a strange pull as he wandered down the ramp of his ship. The Jedi glanced around the dock he was in, confusion obvious in his gaze. What was it that pulled his attention here, of all places? There was an echo in the Force. As he reached out to it though his droid, a red R unit, bumped him.

".. Huh?" He blinked. R6 practically rolled it's 'eye' before rolling off ahead. Right. Job first. Then he could figure out what exactly was calling him. "Alright alright. Contact's inside right?" The pair went inside. Wasn't hard to find the contact. This dock was the destination. Just some machinery for repairs. Extra parts, mostly for hyperdrives. More often than not folks ended up stranded here because of a broken hyperdrive, and given how out of the way it was it wasn't gonna be easy to get replacements. Cue these kinds of shipments.

Even as he talked business though the Jedi couldn't help but continue to glance off and around. There really was something off about being here. The job was just a reason for him to end up here, but being here was what mattered. And why was becoming more and more important to answer than the credits he'd end up earning.

Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla

"Karabast!"

Gwyn stood a ways off from her ship, her baby, her freighter. Meagerly ramming into another ship accidentally got the side of the ship dented. It looked ugly now. Even then, it was not the worst of the damages. The ship's left guns were also taken out. Her astremech, Mini, whirled around her as she assessed the damages.

"... Karabast."

She groaned. The ship hanger was somewhat tame for a dock. At least, that made the need for a job to cover the funds for fixing this easy to maintain. Of course, as an engineer specializing in ships, Gwyn could take care of this herself. She just needed the materials and supplies to pull it off. She turned from her ship, muttering and swearing perfusely. She needed a job. Oh, she needed a job. Mini stayed behind to keep watch.

As she walked through the hanger, she felt... strange. She was used to feeling these strange pulses. She was steadily becoming more attuned to the Force, starting to feel random sensations and being flooded with gut instincts. It was so vague, however, that she was unable to figure out what anything ever meant. So much for the Force being useful!
Still, she found her steps guided towards... something. But what? She glanced around, gazing at the ships docked here. So caught up in her love for engineering, she was shocked when she completely bumped into someone. A skinny girl on the shorter side, she fell down and was now lying on the ground.

She lifted her hand to her head, moaning, and looked up. As her vision adjusted, she was already apologizing, "I am so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going! I didn't mean to run into you!"

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

hZFxlpS.png

".. Huh?" Business concluded Kahlil was on his way back to the ship when he felt something impact him. A person? His silvery gaze shifted to Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla as he blinked. Realization dawned as she started to apologize to him. He leaned over after a moment, just offering a hand and a kind smile. "I'm alright, at least. Are you? That looks like quite the fall."

It wasn't just his usual kindness that had him neglecting the pull of the Force that he felt in the back of his mind. With his eyes on her it all set into place. This was what the Force was pulling him towards.

Gwyn was shocked. She was not yelled at and told to get lost or karabast herself. She was told it was alright, and even asked if she was okay. This was so different than her treatment at home. She blinked rapidly, her irisless eyes conveying confusion despite the lack of pupil to portray much emotion. Still, used to fending for herself, she stood up by herself, not taking the hand. Her hair, both platinum and dyed with streaks of pink and cyan, fell over her face as she wiped herself off, "I'm fine. I've had worse."

Once again, she felt those strange feelings. Force related feelings she still had no idea how to interpret. She tilted her head, looking to the man in confusion.

She had an idea.

"Disregard any of what I am about to say as me hitting my head," She started, scratching her head, "But I... sense something. As if I'm pulled to you or something."

She shrugged, trying to look like she was shrugging it off as if it was a bunch of baloney, "But it's probably nothing. Just me hitting my head."

hZFxlpS.png

He understood immediately. The confusion in Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla eyes, or more her face given the lack of expression, from his kindness. He had a similar look when he was first saved from the Sith. People could be kind? It was a question he'd asked himself for the first year on the run. Kahlil kept the smile even as she seemed to go defensive. He lowered his hand and stood back up, giving her a once over just to make sure she hadn't actually hurt herself.

Her question caught him off guard. So she could feel the Force, but she didn't know that's what she was feeling? He rubbed at his chin for a moment, seeming to think it over as if it was a question worth thinking over. That wasn't the issue, though. He had the answer, but how did he explain it to someone who didn't actually know what it was?

Bluntly, he figured.

"It's the Force, I think. I feel the same with you. Do.. You know what the Force is?"

Gwyn froze, blinking rapidly. The Force. Yes, it was always the Force.

"I know what the Force is," She started, "I apparently am sensitive to it and stuff. But I don't want to get involved with any Jedi or Sith or anything."

Still, she looked down to her four digit hands. She had a purified lightsaber in her ship, she had sensed its bleeding and yearned to free it from its pain. Still, all her fears, bitterness, and the logical fallacies in the eternal war between two factions pushed her away. Yet, she was also curious. The Force seemed so mysterious, bizarre, and just plain fun to her. Could she learn of it without getting wrapped up in that light side dark side poodoo? She looked back up to the man before her and spoke, "I just have little to no idea how the Force works."

hZFxlpS.png

Ah, right. In this galaxy it'd be pretty rare not to know the Force, given the constant wars between the Jedi and the Sith. He certainly didn't blame Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla for not wanting to get involved with either side. Whatever her reasons, they were obviously seated in wrongs done by both parties. "The Force is complicated enough on it's own, yeah. Between how the Sith and Jedi view it, it'd be plenty confusing." And he knew both sides as it was. He paused for a moment, looking around the space port.

There wasn't a lot here to show her.

He moved to step past her, towards the exit. "There was something here that pulled my attention. If you'd like, you can come along and I can try to explain the Force to you? I won't lie though. I am a Jedi, of sorts." Kahlil paused, scratching at his chin. "Not that I'm going to make you a Jedi or something. It's a choice, like anything else after all."

Gwyn tensed. A Jedi? Well, that was totally not comforting. Still, he seemed nice enough, and he directly told her he was not going to force her to the Jedi's side. Could she trust him? Well, considering that he was friendly so far, and that the Jedi she met in the past were not able to force her, she relented. Curiosity killed the cat, it seemed. She stepped forward, nodding, "Okay. Just don't pull anything, Jedi."

It seemed as if the Force itself had wanted them to meet. But could she even trust the Force itself? Because of the Force, so much conflict was felt and experienced, including on her homeworld. As she followed the man outside, she was greeted with the scenery of wide open plains and sunny fields with tall grasses. Wow, Lothal is beautiful!

She looked up to the so called Jedi, raising an eyebrow, "I'm Gwyn, by the way. And where are we going?"

hZFxlpS.png

"I won't pull anything, promise." Well, promise or no he did expect Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla would remain on guard regardless. He was a stranger, after all. Kahlil none the less continued to walk out, farther away from the bustle of the space port and more into the calm of the grasslands. It was quite the sight. Maybe he should of come by here sooner?

He shrugged his shoulders as he glanced to the girl walking with him. "No idea. The Force is strong here, so I'm just going to let it.. Lead I suppose." The taller figure trailed off a bit as his gaze turned forward again. What was it here that was calling to him, exactly? "Oh, and Kahlil. Is my name. Good to meet ya, Gwyn."

hZFxlpS.png

"The Force is.. Everything. In everything. Connects us all, brings us together. It's a tool for some, power to others. A friend to a few." What exactly the Force fell under for Kahlil was still up in the air, though speaking to Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla about it was starting to make the gears turn in his head. He stopped walking a bit into the field, closing his eyes to just take in how this world felt.

"Close your eyes, feel. The Force is all around us."

With a sigh, the girl closed her eyes and felt. Extending her feelings outwards, she tried to keep alert for the same kinds of feelings she had felt before. The feelings that alerted her to her crystal's old suffering and this man just now. She could, in fact, feel it. It was if, even with her eyes closed, she was aware of her surroundings. Odd. She felt as if the loth-cats were running in the grass. She could feel the life surrounding her, yet she did not see it. She grimaced in confusion, then spoke as she continued to concentrate.

"So, is the Force alive?"

hZFxlpS.png

"In a way. It's own way. The Force exists in all things, living or not." His eyes opened, turning to watch Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla . A soft chuckle escaped the Jedi at her grimace. Yeah, it was all pretty overwhelming to figure out. Even being born into a family like he was that knew about the Force and had him growing up with that knowledge was overwhelming at first.

"Trust your instincts. It's the Force trying to guide you. It will never steer you wrong."

Gwyn kept her eyes closed, listening to her... gut? Her gut wanted blueberry space waffles. No, she had to listen. She had to listen to her instincts. Yet, she was also conflicted.
She saw people use the Force. She saw various Jedi and Sith destroy her home. She saw former Sith turn for their Code. She saw other dark siders doing their own thing as well. So many different people did their own thing, and with the Force in them. She also saw people us the Force in a terrible war that unhomed her. It made her ask...

"You say the Force never would let me down. But what if it already has?"

hZFxlpS.png

"Technically I said it'd never steer you wrong." Kahlil clarified that pretty quick, though by the shit eating grin he had it was obvious he was just poking fun. The topic was a lot heavier for him than Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla might realize. Or, perhaps, they just had a lot in common. Without a word more he plopped onto the ground, lounging in the grass just to feel it over his skin. Life. He loved life.

"The Force won't let you down. It is the one thing you truly can trust. But.. People will. People who use it will. People who assume their path is the true one, or use it for power or selfishly. Their choices ruin lives. Jedi, Sith, doesn't matter. Don't ever let someone tell you how the Force should be used. It's your connection, just.. Believe in it."

Gwyn could clearly feel the life forms, down to the insects, surrounding her. It was so clear to her. It was nothing like eyesight, but she could tell they were there. As Gwyn listened to Kahlil, she grew even more personally invested. She had been told once, by Dired Mieflow, that there was a danger in losing her humanity to the Force. She needed to avoid that, and could. Being told that her Force connection was her own to control was once again freeing.
It was true. The Jedi and Sith fought in an endless war. What if... what if that fight was not the Will of the Force? But if it was not, what was? It was all too confusing. She knew not to trust Jedi or Sith, but what about the Force itself? Kahlil's answers only lead to more questions.

She opened her eyes and turned to see the fully grown man... laying in the tall grasses. Her irisless eyes blinked rapidly for a moment, then she asked, "And what does the Force want for me, if this is the case?"

Slavery? Suffering? War?

Gwyn nodded to Kahlil. Her questions were unanswered, and she was kind of unsettled. But she nodded. "Okay."
... Well, nothing was happening out here. Placing her hands on her hips, the girl looked around for a while. Okay. They were in a field, being idle. Why? She needed something to do.
"So, what are we doing out here?"

hZFxlpS.png

"Waiting, actually." In truth, he didn't know what he was waiting for. But there was something here, something calling him in the Force. Something other than Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla , at least. The Jedi stood back up, dusting off his jacket. There it was. The Force. A subtle wind passing over them. His eyes narrowed for a moment as he focused on that feeling.

"Tell me, do you feel that? The power ahead. .. Do you know anything about this world by chance?"

Gwyneira once again closed her eyes, trying to feel. Extending her Force Sense out, she felt a ripple. It was like a small burst in the wind before slowing down. She opened her eyes, looking to Kahlil.

[B["I sense something, I just don't know what it is."[/b] She then shook her head, "I don't know anything about Lothal. I'm an engineer and pilot, not a historian."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom