Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Job Listings - The Beginning Of A Company

Hello, all. I've had this character for probably at most three weeks now, and already I've decided that I want to have her own a small company to sell luxury items to the rich, and the richer.

For this I will need quite a few people, all of which I'm sure will be very beneficial for me, as I don't have the time nor resources to develop an army of smugglers.

I will need the following people:

Smugglers,

Detailed Artists, (IC, or OOC.)

Bounty Hunters,

Guards,

Merchants,

Scrappers,

and last, but not least,

Engineers.

As a small side project though, I do plan on making this a bigger company in the future. If you're interested in such things, I would like some help with politics, money management, material management, and small ally-ships.

Most staff joining who do not already have a ship for travel or material pick-up will probably be provided with one if they show they're dedication to the company's cause. Example: Bringing in a few tons of material to keep up with the quota from week to week.

I hope this can help you as much as it can help me.

@La'kuus Quelin

That is just about everything we do. Smuggling, Bounty hunters, Guards, Scrappers, and I know a few artists who might be willing to help. We can move anything you need to anywhere you need. How is that?

[member="James Justice"]

While some physical help like that would be extraordinary, my main problem as of the moment is truly figuring out how to start the company.

So far I've gathered that I can probably scrap or gather organic material to help design and create new products, but after that I'm thinking of storage, NPC guards, balance in the system, and importantly the in character staff that will help from all of these things going out of control, be it over powered or under nourished. I could honestly use some help with structuring everything, if that's something you know how - and would be willing - to discuss with me.

[member="La'kuus Quelin], you could use this lot, you could indeed but you could do a lot of thing and why settle for second rate when you have access to the galactic markets greatest pioneers, need a job done do it right with the Cartel Contracts.

[CENTER][URL="http://starwarsrp.net/topic/75626-mercenary-contracts-setup-for-posts/"]Mercenary Contracts[/URL][/CENTER]

@La'kuus Quelin

Well either way. i don't mind saying what I have to say here, for anyone and everyone to read. It scratches my Leo side :D :D

1) Always be on the hustle. See a thread, fill a thread. Needs will arise and if you see someone requesting a group or something like that (like your thread here ;) ) then make an offer. Sure you will be rejected, but don't let that slow you down you keep at it. Also, if you see someone starting a business that runs along side yours, make em an ally. or try to.

2) Always be polite and friendly. This is good RP. People love James cause he.... well I say the best way to find out is read his threads. This doesn't HAVE TO be you, but make a likable character. One that you would really hang out with in real life.

3)Give at least as much as you take. This is my rule. Don't be a leech and always offer to go the extra mile. Now dont promise the moon if you can't but be willing to do what you can do. it shows you care. They will do the same, most likely and everyone wins.

4) Surround yourself with like-minded individuals. I always look for more people in threads and in factions who like to do things James likes to. We thread, and following all rules said above, everyone wins! ^.^ And of course, you dont want to stop at one victory, and they dont either so you thread it up with your core group. I have one. They are awesome. I would totally be far far far FAR away from where I am now without them. Since RP is about making friends and having fun, this was always intutive for me.

5) Be creative and be considerate. You wanna build a rocket.... they wanna sell iceburgs. Don't stiff arm, do both! What if you can't? Then try. Or adapt, bargain and make deals. Remeber: everyone has to win. Or no one does. We dont want that.

6) Be forgiving. For real. Just do it. Not everything is going to go your way. So.... be ok with that and forgive.

7) remember its not YOUR business. You spearhead it. Unless your going solo, then it really is YOUR business. But that's not as fun, now is it?

Questions? Comments? Rude remarks?

[member="James Justice"]

I'll start looking for opportunities, then! Thank you thank you thank you for all the wonderful help you've provided for me. It will certainly go a long way, I hope.

Starting today (which is tomorrow from yesterday,) I'll be looking about and actually getting some threads going with creative juices leaking out until I get the groove of the system, then it'll be a nice little steady trickle with orange juice and combustible lemons dipping at the top, sinking to the bottom, and in between.

I might even start setting up an actual storage place later on to get some business growing so I can get some income, and be able to legitimately go about doing what I'm gonna do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom