Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jibr'gar Mark 51 - Iron of Life Armor

Beskar'gam Mark 51 - Jibr'gar; The Life Iron
superior_iron_man_by_memed-d89c7jp.jpg

Image Source: HERE
Intent: Personal Armor for Ijaat Akun
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Ijaat Akun / Gotal’veman Arms & Armor
Model: Mk51
Affiliation: Personal/Ijaat Akun
Modularity: Weapons can be swapped
Production: Unique
Material: Jibr’gar Variant Beskar Armor Plating, Ciridium, Syndite, Carbon-Nanotubes, Fused Quartz Crystalline Mesh, Armor components, Vong Biot (Jibr’gar Biot), etc...
Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 20 Kilograms
Quality: 10

Special Features:

• Lightsaber Resistant: It can resist repeated lightsaber strikes and the gauntlets can be used to catch lightsaber blades (For a very limited time)

• Excellent Blaster and Slugthrower Protection

• Acid, Fire, Electric Resistant

• EMP and Ion Resistant

• ‘Liquid Metal’ like response system/biot. Able

• Due to ‘Liquid Metal’ nature based on polydroxol race, the armor will slowly, over a period of days or a week or two, repair itself from most damage. This will not really function in a battle, as even minimal scratching will take hours, to say nothing of substantial damage. This is complicated by the fact that all but the most severe of damage will appear physically non existent, right up to the point of armor failure.

• Vacuum Sealed

Weapon Systems:

Support Systems:

Weakness:

• Conflicting Functions: The camouflage functions or the shield function can only be active one at a time. It takes several seconds to adjust for one to the other

• Limited Ammunition: The weapons on the armor are not the easiest to reload and some of them are one and done weapons (Missiles, Dart Launcher), while the others are simply difficult to reload, and impossible to do without a respite

• Sonic Attacks: Disrupts link between AI-Biot-Wearer, causing the suit to shut-down/lock-up if damaged enough.

• Magnetics: Particularly attractant to and weak to them

• Vulnerable to Sith Lightning/Electricity: Will cause disruption with AI/Neural uplink. Though hardened against such measures, if protection if overcome, results are much more devastating than normal.

• Sensation Overload: Strikes and damage to the armor are felt by the wearer, though at a lessened impact that if unarmored. Given the adriel ooglith enhancement, this equals out to at or just below normal sensation for such things, though it is strictly physcogenic and no physiological systems except those associated with such ‘phantom pains’ will manifest.

• Power Gland: Included as a weakness because the electrical charge to ‘summon’ or ‘dismiss’ the Jibr’gar armor will cause pain as well as muscle rigidity/paralyzation and tactile numbness.
  • Crystalline Matrix Structure: Included as a weakness due to the jibr’gar ‘biot’ causing extreme pain when shifting to this compositional form.

Description:

Jibr’gar… The Life Iron… In his time away on Yavin IV, whilst initially a retreat from war and technology, things changed. The inner peace he painstakingly achieved that allowed him to piece together his fractured psyche and soothe the rampant A.I. and begin to extract his mind from it in terms of thoughts and control was fragile. But one thing at least was clear from it. War was inevitably a part of him, whether he will it or no. And so, he sat about creating a final suit of armor for himself, or so he hoped. One that, in the end, he might wish he never began to make.

Utilizing his new powers from the Vong Shapers hand bought and ‘installed’ via Spaarti Creations, his research into Vong Biotics to better understand and control his armor, and information gleaned from talking to his father Gabriel Sinoma ( [member="The Revenant"] ) , Ijaat lit upon an idea one day when studying the Polydroxol species, a species of myterious living metal. A few samples of dead members of the species were acquired, perhaps through nefarious means, perhaps not. As well as live samples of their tissue and the like. From there, the first part of his research began.

In the first stages, the study was almost exclusively of the polydroxol and their remarkable circulatory system, which passed electrogloblins through it, enabling much of their extraordinary abilities. Using some of the same science behind this, with the information gleaned from Gabriel, his A.I. Geoffery, and his own research, Ijaat sat about melding the abilities of the polydroxol species on a much smaller and less fantastical scale, with that of several vong species to create a hybrid of sorts.

Though, in the end, it did not function entirely as he wished, it fulfilled the goals of the project none the less. The resultant creature and armor systems could be broken down and absorbed into his skin similar to the adriel ooglith he housed. They were able to be intialized and ‘summoned’ within a minute or so, give or take, via thought alone. The faster the process was made, the more painful it was as well, with anything too fast causing him to pass out. The slower the course was allowed to run, the more manageable the pain.

Once summoned able to be summoned from a dormant state to a live state, the ‘genetic code’ of the resultant creature was altered from a mercurial like substance, to beskar like. This was perhaps the most frustrating part of the process, and was thus re-done several times. Overall, it was achieved, but at the cost of not nearly as many special features and several unique drawbacks. One being an exceptionally magnetic set of armor, wherein even moderate magnetic forces would produce a noticeable tug and pull towards them to the wearer of the suit.

Overall, it is perhaps far from his most vicious suit in terms of combat capability or threat response superiority. Perhaps this is due in part to the fact Ijaat has found that focusing on a select number of things to respond to and face, results in a more manageable system. What is truly remarkable is the interface ability of his biot, the A.I. Geoffery, and his own mind, allowing the entirety of the suit to be commanded and operated by thought and thought alone, including the summoning and dismissing of it.

In the end, this suit is what brought Ijaat back to life in a sense, and enabled and sheltered his rebirth. Perhaps he can no longer be called human, with the injection and hosting of such a creature in his blood stream and very genetic code. Perhaps he is something else, a monster in truth and being now and not just in deed and thought. But regardless, when needs must that he march to war, he does so now on a footing and ability that is beyond what he once could be thought capable of, even if the cost was perhaps one he would rather not have paid for it.

Sources:

• Second Skin - “Living Metal” like ability inspiration, ability to conceal within body an armorsuit, and vong bio-armor interfacing.

• Plastoid Infiltration Droid - Justification of ability to break down or component/compartmentalize armor systems and re-assemble them to working order within a being of complex internal workings with no adverse effect to being or systems.
  • Amphistaff- For rigidity and form control

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Bianca said:
[member="Ijaat Akun"]
After reading this through, I have a few questions.
Nope... This would be armor designed, from the ground up, to synch with the ooglith. With this, the ooglith would function as the typical undersuit/bodysuit/armorweave type garment underlayer. It is store internally though, yes.

Ijaat Akun said:
It is store internally though, yes.
So this stores the weapons, helmet, etc, internally as well? Or were you referring to the previous vong biot?

I need a bit of a more clear description of what this armor is and how it works, right now it is a bit confusing.

[member="Bianca"] - I seriously don't see how this is confusing when you look at the submissions sources.. It literally says it here in black and white.

Plastoid Infiltration Droid - Justification of ability to break down or component/compartmentalize armor systems and re-assemble them to working order within a being of complex internal workings with no adverse effect to being or systems.
So, if you read that, with the relevant wiki, it pretty much explains how that works in pretty easy details. Further compound that with the 'Second Skin' link, and I was pretty certain the concept was sufficiently elaborated. Also, when you asked originally in your first post if it was the ooglith biot, I stated this.

Ijaat Akun said:
Nope... This would be armor designed, from the ground up, to synch with the ooglith. With this, the ooglith would function as the typical undersuit/bodysuit/armorweave type garment underlayer. It is store internally though, yes.
If the storage of such things is an issue in Ijaat... Which honestly, seems silly, given that the other source, second skin, was never asked to be detailed out on how it was stored or anything, we can discuss that. If posting a link to highlight how that process works is not sufficient, I suppose I could add in a small segment to rehash the contents of the aforementioned wiki link and plop in an extraneous paragraph to the sub description.

Honestly, I figured 'Armor Goes Into Skin and Comes Out' was pretty clear and dry of a concept, given I linked an armor that did exactly that, didn't mention my prior vong biot hardly at all in the sub, and next to none in the dev... And that the dev made it clear it was a separate suit of armor being developed by reading it. And that I already stated that in response to your first query.

I don't get what you're asking me to clarify, or how you want it clarified. In my eyes, these things you are asking for are already there. But if what you are asking is for me to add a completely superflous paragraph rehashing things already in the sub and dev, I will do it. I just want to make sure this is what you want, as this sub is dragging on much longer than I would have liked, and i'd rather not waste time doing things you don't want/need done.

Ijaat Akun said:
I seriously don't see how this is confusing when you look at the submissions sources.. It literally says it here in black and white.
I am asking precisely because your description mentions a lot of things that sound like they would be involving the other biot, which is listed in the submission as a special feature/equipment. I am asking for clarification because I don't read over something and assume someone might mean one of two things unless I know it to be the case.

Ijaat Akun said:
given that the other source, second skin, was never asked to be detailed out on how it was stored or anything,
The second skin did not store anything internally. If it is not listed in the submission and it is something like that, a very important feature, it is not considered to be the case. If it is used otherwise, I would recommend that whomever sees it being done message them and inform them of such being the case, and maybe notify the factory administer so that can be re-looked over. As of the description in that submission, it does not state it can store anything at all. The actual submission itself, ignoring that detail, has well over 50 posts of development, and was approved during a completely different era in the factory with completely different standards. What passed then does not pass now, or if it does it is in lower quantity, heavily developed, and balanced to a T.

If you can explain how, and what, it is storing (assuming this is actually what this armor does, because that is my confusion - I am asking if the armor is entirely stored internally like the other biot.) we can discuss that, work it out, so that it can fit both the current standards and so that you can get what you want out of it. Right now, anything that is to be stored via this armor will need to be specially made for the purpose of being internally stored. I'm not going to approve a helmet being broken down and sucked into the wearer's skin if the submission itself doesn't permit such to be the case (example). This portion of the submission, the internal storage of weapons, armor (that isn't being directly submitted here), and shielding are what I am looking at the most right now.

Ijaat Akun said:
Honestly, I figured 'Armor Goes Into Skin and Comes Out' was pretty clear and dry of a concept
I get that the armor itself goes in and out of the skin, that is perfectly fine. Just clarify if all the special equipment it comes with (as you have listed) such as the shield and such do, and then we can further discuss that and work something out.

Now, to break away from that part of this, I am looking at the beskar-to-biot description, the way you've worded it is very, very, reminding of nanotechnology with the omission of the words nanite, nanobot, and nanotech. I'm sure this probably wasn't intentional, but it will need to be reworded. I'll give a few excerpts which give an implication, intentional or otherwise, towards that. Keep in mind that nanotechnology is banned.

Ijaat Akun said:
Ijaat sat about melding the abilities of the polydroxol species on a much smaller and less fantastical scale, with that of several vong species to create a hybrid of sorts.

Ijaat Akun said:
the ‘genetic code’ of the resultant creature was altered from a mercurial like substance, to beskar like.
-

Ijaat Akun said:
Due to ‘Liquid Metal’ nature based on polydroxol race, the armor will slowly, over a period of days or a week or two, repair itself from most damage. This will not really function in a battle, as even minimal scratching will take hours, to say nothing of substantial damage. This is complicated by the fact that all but the most severe of damage will appear physically non existent, right up to the point of armor failure.
And this is one of the lesser concerns of mine, but it is nearly an identical feature to laminanium. I am aware most vong armors do heal over time, but when you have the protection of beskar and this kind of recovery (granted it isn't exactly important, as it is stated to not be used in battle, but neither is laminanium) it offsets that balance. We can work this out, though, and it will be discussed depending on the other features of this armor as we work through it.

All in all, I can't approve of this armor right now, but I would like to work to make this ready for approval. Whether it requires more development or not will depend on decisions made during this process, and keep in mind that if you, at any point, disagree and feel I am being unfair you are open to utilize your second chance by posting a request in the appropriate thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom