Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Jiéshù Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
14vObuo.png
All images within this post are credit to the awesome Vlad Marica.

Name: Jiéshù ('The End') Squad

Intent: To flesh out a unit I’ve written as part of Matsu’s character almost since her inception, and provide a reference for her necromancy for other players.

Affiliation: Matsu Xiangu

Availability: Unique

Quality: Depending on each individual’s level of decay, they range anywhere from C to D.

Type: Infantry

Strength: 150

DxOuzpG.jpg

Description: Known for raising the fallen around her to fight for her, the One Sith, or any of her allies, Matsu took it upon herself to stockpile the dead. Having spent the last two decades experimenting with necromancy and the body’s decay, it behooved her to have a ready-made army of the undead prepared for conflicts.

Through generous donations from underground contacts in Coruscant – a place where people disappear every day and no one misses them – and her own hunting for soldiers, Matsu manages to amass an army that can be replenished quickly after the fact even if every single one of her unit falls on the battlefield. Stored deep within Coruscant, a few layers below where the last poor soul scrapes by, her zombies walk, shuffle, or drag themselves along in the dark until she comes to pack them on to transports for a move toward a battle.

Strengths: Since they are pre-raised, Matsu does not have to expend energy or break her concentration on the battlefield. Her necromancy allows for her to give them simple commands and prevent them from turning on her allies. They are armored in basic, flimsy gear – enough to let them sustain a hit or two in combat and stay animate for as long as possible. They are given simple weapons, axes, clubs, nothing that takes a lot of thought since they don’t have any. But this lack of thought contributes to what makes them so formidable on the field: without thought they have no pain, no brainwaves warning them they are pushing too hard. As long as they have not been left to rot for too long, they run and jump at peak human performance. Even those with a month or two on them are nothing to trifle with, the sorcery that brought them back to "life" keeping them moving until they can't any longer. They experience no fear and will attack anything they see, using their numbers to overwhelm opponents. Most – especially those who have been dead longer – have developed, through necromancy, putrid rot that spews from their mouths and wounds. This is, perhaps, their most devastating feature as a full blast will burn the flesh right from a target’s bones (cannot penetrate high-quality armors). As they are already dead, they need to be completely dismantled (crushed, dismembered, brain death) before they are neutralized. They know nothing but unnatural hunger and will do whatever it takes to bring down and devour their target.

Weaknesses: Though provided gear, it is only to ensure some form of longevity on the battlefield. It will do nothing to stop blaster bolts, lightsabers, or prevent them from being crushed under the wheels of a tank. The armor is not fitted to them as Matsu uses bits and scraps that she puts on herself after raising them, therefore leaving gaps and openings that higher-quality, customized armor would lack. Though they take simple commands from Matsu they are incredibly stupid and act only on instinct. If they run in to a problem more complicated than ‘climb over this wall’ or ‘eat this person’ they have no ability to solve it. They will not be able to take down large, armored opponents without sufficient numbers. Although Matsu has the ability to replenish their numbers on an extremely regular basis, some will always drop from the ship on to the battlefield as just a torso and a pair of arms, useless in combat. They are useless for stealth as they are almost always making some sort of noise. They need to be transported, and therefore are useful only when the battle has been planned or there is sufficient lead-time.

Links: Sink Into The Crust | Matsu transports her undead to Sullust in aid of the Trade Conglomerate.
Terror From The Deep | Example of Matsu raising Dead.
* Almost all my threads allude to/include Matsu raising dead, her sorcery, and her necromancy so check out my thread list or anything I have ongoing for more.

[member="Matsu Xiangu"]

So just one or two things I think need touched up on
  • For them operating at peak human performance, is this accomplished by the dark side energies keeping them animated? I ask just because rigor mortis would limit those abilities rather rapidly, within hours or days even
  • How does one put armor on them without the person trying to put armor on them getting eaten?

[member="Taeli Raaf"] Excellent points!

I think to both, it comes down to sorcery.

As far as the rigor mortis goes, I'm kind of operating on two theories here. Rigor mortis lasts for about 24 hours before the body goes back to a completely limp state - neither is particularly useful for the purposes of an undead army, so in the end I'm kind of running on 'zombie movie principle'. In this setting, the sorcery absolutely keeps them mobile for as long as their bodies are intact enough to do so.

As far as the armor goes, it's bits and pieces and doesn't fit the way a live person's armor would. It's just what Matsu has lying around because I definitely want to drive home the point that they're not wearing like...phrik or anything that would give them a huge advantage. She fits them once she raises them - often because the now-corpse is someone she was experimenting on - and then leaves them to creak and rattle around under Coruscant. They don't attack her because of her control through sorcery.

I will make these edits once I know you're happy with them, if that's okay. :) I appreciate it - those are things I didn't think to include.

[member="Matsu Xiangu"]

Apologies, was at work all day and just now getting a chance to sit down and look over stuff. Everything looks good, so I'm going to push this up to pending approval

[member="Snowflake"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom