Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Jerec Asyr's Laser Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
daniel-lee-exile.jpg

"Look, Jegy, you know as well as I do that most lightsabers are the worst. Swear to feth, nobody who's built one has ever owned a toolbox. Look at those knobbly nonsense grips. Blisters, hand fatigue. That's nothing I'd ever want to hold onto or trust with my life."

Jegy: "To be fair, when you are worried about not getting your head cut off and just want to have one ready to go, you really do not give a womp rat's ass if it's comfortable or not, you just want the damn thing to turn on!"

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

"Machined the casing out of solid duranium in my shop. Tougher than durasteel, way better heat resistance. The crystal's just something I picked up at a swap meet on Attahox. Don't give me that look - there's nothing to the old 'the soul of Attahox stank above all things' line. Al'anmoor didn't know what he was poeting about. Great little armpit world if you need to lie low. Just, uh, don't wear anything valuable."

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
SPECIAL FEATURES

"Bifurcating cyclical-ignition pulse? Dual-phase? These laser swords are supposed to be hard? Jedi are weekend hobbyists - I am a gorram mechanic."

STRENGTHS
  • Duranium parts are light but durable enough to take a glancing blow from a lightsaber.
  • Thontiin crystal focuses the Force to let Jerec keep fighting even when in otherwise debilitating pain.
  • Simple, workmanlike grip remains comfortable far longer than the average lightsaber.
  • Can cut through most materials with relative ease.
  • Operates underwater.
WEAKNESSES
  • Pure cortosis or cortosis weave will short out the blade on contact.
  • Cortosis alloy, pure beskar, phrik, and some alchemical creations will stop the blade.
DESCRIPTION
Jerec Asyr is a modder, seller, and flyer of crappy ships. He became Force-sensitive several years ago during a curious incident on Byss. The incident involved a massive Dark Side ritual, a tranquilized ysalamiri, an explosion, and his ex-wife. Thereafter, while farting around on the Holonet, he happened to connect with the Sullustan ex-Inquisitor Jegy Sesara, who became his on-again off-again teacher. Jerec had always turned up his nose at lightsabers, but eventually he bit the bullet and built one himself, to his exacting specifications.

This precisely-machined bit of gadgeteering spends as much time rattling around in Jerec's toolbox as on his gunbelt, and is therefore patinaed and scarred to heck. It's a defiantly secular and non-mystical device, though the crystal inside has an effect that's just too useful to pass up: it lets Jerec keep fighting even when the pain should have knocked him all the way out. He's not fond of pain, you understand, but he's not fond of losing either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom