Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jensaarai Defender

Name: Amadea Navlen
Faction: The Protectorate
Species: Miraluka
Sex: Female
Height: 1.74m (5’7”)
Weight: 54.4kg (120lbs.)
Eyes: None
Hair: Dark brown with medium brown streaks
Skin: Pale
Force Sensitive: Absolutely

Appearance: A strong, fit figure characterized by long legs and slim arms. She’s unconcerned about beauty, and wears her hair in a braid thrown carelessly over her shoulder with a few loose strands falling in her face. The only time it is down is when she is in formal attire. Thick, dark purple goggles are worn almost interminably over her sockets, but wears a thin streamlined pair when at home. She wears padded cheery-red leather pants with a matching padded jacket, the jacket having an asymmetrical front and multiple pockets (a black sleevless shirt that rises to the neck is worn underneath the jacket). Light brown leather boots come up mid-calf, and a wide brown belt hangs on her waist with two small pouches in the front. The left pouch holds a modest amount of currency and the right contains eight 2.54cm (1 inch) solid metallic marbles. A 0.152 m (6inch) durasteel canister is attached to the back of the belt. Her demeanor is confident and proud, but her smile betrays a caring and empathetic soul.

Jensaarai Armor: (No doubt this will probably need a development thread) As the custom with all Jensaarai, Amadea personally crafted her armor using the force and basic Sith-alchemy. Its cortosis ore shell is fashioned after the scales of an Akk dog, with muted reds and burnt orange coloring the outer plates. It has a raised neck guard and flat elongated shoulder pads. A wide rust red loincloth is attached to the belt, and the belt itself is from her normal outfit with the two pouches containing the same objects. Her helmet is streamlined and almost similar to the shape of a Mandalorian's except for three small spikes jutting from the forhead, a row of smaller spikes on each side, as well as a different shape in visor, having a slim vertical slit instead of the common T shape. The visor color is violet (Though she has no need for a visor, she designed it for a more intimidating appearance). The gloves have subtlety spiked knuckles on each hand, and her greaves have a single spur on the back above the heel. A gray cloak is optional.

Strengths and Weaknesses:

(+) Miraluka Force Sight (also known as Combat Sense and Force Seeing). Walls and doors do not hinder her vision and are nothing more than thin veils of translucent gray. Other characteristic of her Force Sight are enhanced reflexes and the ability to discern the alignment of organic beings, as long as they are not using Force Stealth or other manners of disguising their true selves.

(+) Quick learner. A willingness to learn allows her to apply herself wholeheartedly to developing a new skill, mastering previously known skills, or learning something different altogether.

(+) Protective and loyal. She defends her fellows with fearless determination. While not prone to outright hostility, she will fight with ferocity if someone has been injured or in need of cover.

(+) Unafraid of tight situations, figuratively and spatially. Living in closed spaces most of her childhood has allowed her to not mind small quarters and primitive conditions. She’s unafraid of confrontation and relishes a challenge, though she is not willing to put others at risk.

(=) Love for her husband is both her greatest strength and weakness. He encourages and comforts her and is her main resource of fortitude to keep fighting, but this means he is also the one that can hurt her most. Her devotion to him can cause clashes with her loyalty to the Jensaarai and vice versa, though she keeps these struggles hidden from others.

(-) Intense and mentally jarring nightmares. Graphic dreams plague her mind, keeping her from needed rest and robbing her of peace many nights.

(-) Due to natural Force Sight, she is unable to tell color other than auras. Her world is awash in shades of whites, grays, and blacks. Her sight can be blocked by Force negating species ( ex. Ysalamir) and planets or areas void of the Force, rendering her blind.

(-) A bitterly hardened heart towards slavers and smugglers. She is unafraid to use deadly force on those who she deems too dangerous to be kept alive or incarcerated.

Biography: (Detailed bio is almost complete, here are the main bits!)
Her mother was two months pregnant when she was captured and sold by a Chevin slave trader on Vinsoth. Previous employment as an animal handler made her a profitable investment for a Weequay smuggler, and she was taken to the Undercity of Nar Shaddaa. There Amadea was born, and her mother worked hard to keep her owner satisfied enough to let Amadea live. At the age of five Amadea was helping her mother take care of vornskr and other beasts, learning how to train and give them basic care. It was during this time the smuggler's facility was raided by a rival trafficking syndicate. Seeing this as a prime opportunity to escape, Amadea's mother packed their meager belongings, scooped up her daughter and bolted from their quarters. They made their way up to the newly re-purposed shipyard, made to ferry those who are eager to come and go from Nar Shadaa unnoticed. On the way they met with panicked crowds running from the fighting of the rival groups. Finally they pushed their way into the terminal towards the loading dock, but not before an explosion tore through the previous hall, followed by retreating assailants and blaster bolts. Screams of terror and the smell of searing flesh filled the terminal and sent the crowd into a clustered stampede. A bolt found its way into the woman's shoulder, sending her reeling into the congested loading dock but throwing Amadea from her arms back into the crowd. The doors to the dock sealed shut and overcrowded shuttles took off, unfortunately leaving a host of people behind. After the assault was a finished a Weequay surveys the area, spotting a small familiar figure slumped next to the wall. Furious that his prize possession had slipped his grasp he seized the girl by the throat and, feigning a smile, congratulated her of her promotion.

Six years passed and Amadea was still alive, amazingly, and was still under ownership of the smuggler. She was caring for his latest stock of akk dogs, large reptomammals prized for their hunting abilities and their unwavering loyalty. She was teased relentlessly by the smuggler's underlings for her lack of eyes, and for the longest time believed she was the freak they called her. But one day among all the "mean shadows", as she had called their dark auras, a bright illumination flickered past them all. It had come from the entrance and was moving closer, dodging blaster fire and cutting down the shadows in effortless grace. Amadea's gaze was affixed upon this new spectacle, but that did not distract the fact that her Weequay owner was marching into the small repository. Releasing the akk dogs he lead them to down the corridor to attack the intruder. "No!" Amadea shouted, and canceled his order to strike with one of her own. The akk dogs skidded to a halt and slowly turned, the tick-tack of their claws suddenly hastening towards the smuggler. In shock of the sudden gore Amadea slowly fell to her knees. This was nothing like the stuffed dummies they had shredded before, and no matter where she turned she could still see the scene. It was then the light appeared and placed its hand on her shoulder. The being's helmet struck Amadea as similar to a sand panther native to Correllia. Was this one of those mysterious Jedi she had heard of? Or a Sith? Upon asking she found that he was an apprentice to the Jensaarai with the mission to bring back artifacts that a notorious smuggler has stolen from his order. She asked if it was possible to return with him after they ensured the akks be taken back to Haruun Kal.

Seventeen years later. She wore her armor proudly, and her devotion to the Jensaarai and its Saarai-kaar knew no bounds. She had been a Defender for half a decade and had developed a name for herself in the order, along with a lengthy list of criminal kingpins and foolish Sith acolytes that had fallen by her saber. On her way to acquire mission orders the transport shuttle she was on had to stop by a small spaceport to refuel. On exiting the shuttle her vision focused on a T3 utility droid and the common engineer that was giving it orders. But he wasn't common, not to her. She had learned of her species, but to see another so close in proximity was... breathtaking. She regretted having to leave but the Saarai-kaar was expecting her. A month later she returned and he was there, and as far-fetched as it may seem, he had seen her that day as well and wondered if he would ever see her again. His name was Pitir Navlen. They introduced themselves and started small talk, which led to a tour of the port and dinner in the cafeteria, which afterwards led to him nervously explaining the small intricacies of a scramjet booster and her stumbling around the details about the curious armor she was wearing. She felt like a fool, but loved every minute of it. Every month they repeated the same pattern. On her way to and from a mission she would stop by the station and he would be waiting for her. At first they only greeted with friendly words, which grew into a hug, and finally a kiss. He proposed and she hesitated, telling him to understand her commitment to the Jensaarai would take her away for weeks and months on end. He replied that he knew it would be a strange arrangement, but what little time they spent together was precious to him. With the blessing of the Saarai-kaar they were married and honeymooned on a small forest planet not far from the starport. So far they have enjoyed four years of marriage and take great delight in each other's company.
(Forget the other one, ya'll can have this)

Force Skills:
Ballistakinesis
Force Jump
Force Push
Force Pull
Force Resist
(Natural Force Sight)

Favored Combat Forms:
Form II: Makashi
Form V: Shien and Djem So

Ship:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/21287-os-g2-knight-class-fighter/

Last edited:
Haha, thank you [member="Veino Garn"]! Sorry for the long delay, I was busy making lemonade out of life's lemons. I'm able to devote time to SWRP now thank goodness! And thank you, [member="Silas Fox"]!

[member="Darth Valdra"]

No transfer. I guess you're asking because of the rank. The Jensaarai works differently than normal, with it being Apprentice to Defender (which is a mix of Knight and Master) then to the leading rank of Saarai-kaar. My character has been a Defender for about ten years. I wanted to apply to The Omega Protectorate and asked [member="Sarge Potteiger"] some questions regarding factions and I brought this up.
Yes.

But it would be Knight no matter what. Other than the Sith/Witches its universally Padawan/Knight/Master.
And that was his reply.

[member="Amadea Navlen"]

I am personally unsure about that, but [member="Veino Garn"] would know much more on that matter. I don't believe we have jensarri ranks and here they just follow the normal ranking simply to prevent confusing. While back story is good and can be helpful it does not effect rank. At the same time your profile is well made and I wouldn't be against if you were granted Knight out of the gate. Though I will just sit here in the fence.

The speed at which people reply in this forum is amazing I must say.

[member="Sarge Potteiger"], does that mean my account starts at Apprentice/Padawan, not my character? Sorry if I seem a bit confused, I want to make sure I understand everything.

Amadea Navlen said:
The speed at which people reply in this forum is amazing I must say.

[member="Sarge Potteiger"], does that mean my account starts at Apprentice/Padawan, not my character? Sorry if I seem a bit confused, I want to make sure I understand everything.
Define 'account.'

Do you mean the account as in your character?

Or your account as a whole?

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]
I meant the account in a whole, the one which I log onto the forums with. My character would still be a Defender (Knight) but would my account which I post with have the normal progression of rank?

And thank you for the compliment [member="Darth Valdra"] :)

Amadea Navlen said:
[member="Sarge Potteiger"]
I meant the account in a whole, the one which I log onto the forums with. My character would still be a Defender (Knight) but would my account which I post with have the normal progression of rank?

And thank you for the compliment [member="Darth Valdra"] :)
If your writer account is a Force Using character, then yes. Otherwise, no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom