OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a new and interesting weapon
Image Source: Here
Canon Link: NA
Primary Source: NA
Manufacturer: House Larraq Plate and Blade
Model: Jetii B'kyramud Meshurkaan "Jedi Killer's Gemcutter"
Affiliation: Closed Market
- Veshok Wood
- Ori'ramikad Resin
- Mandalorian Steel
- Force Imbued Wood and Metal
- Dampen / Sever Force Runes
Size: One Handed
- Imbued weapon can withstand lightsaber strikes
- Can cut through armorweave, spidersilk, leather, and chain-mail with ease
- Wounding hits with this weapon cause a wounded individual to suffer a marked reduction to their connection with the force
- Repeated wounds from this weapon can eventually completely sever an individual's connection with The Force
- Physical wounds caused by this weapon weaken a person or object's connection with the Force
- Repeated wounds can cause a person or object to be severed from the Force
- Can endure Lightsaber strikes
- Can cut through thin plates of restricted material armors
- Can cut through average armors of standard thickness
- Expertly balanced for offensive strikes, blocking, and parrying
- Has no special ability to penetrate shields or force barriers
- Becomes entirely average while under the effects of a force nullification field
- Loses ability to endure Lightsaber strikes while within a force nullification field
- Cutting capability greatly reduced while nullified
- As an axe, it's pretty useless at thrusting attacks
Entirely non-technological, these weapons manage to appear both ornate and primitive thanks to the material of their construction and are often underestimated by those who have yet to feel one's bite.
The main body of these axes are constructed of dense cedar wood made from the slow growing Veshok trees of Mandalore and treated with a blaster resistant varnish made from the resin of the Ori'ramikad tree. This shaft of wood is cut in a hexagon pattern for added strength. The forward half of this wooden shaft is plated in a Mandalorian Steel and continues the hexagonal pattern. The head of the axe is similarly constructed of Mandalorian Steel and carefully shaped to maximize cutting power while maintaining precise weapon balance.
The whole body of the axe is imbued with the Manda in the way of the Jal Shey, greatly enhancing its durability, the force of blows made with the blunt end of the axe, and the cutting power of blows made with the sharp end. While these axes would typically be quite lightweight thanks to the materials of their construction, a side effect of the mystic imbuement is that the overall weight of the axe is increased. However, the total weight of the weapon is still far lighter than a similarly constructed axe would be if made from Beskar.
In addition to these general imbuements made to the material of the weapon itself, runic engravings have been carved along every metal facing of the weapon. Based upon the principles of old Sith Runes, these Runes are written in the ancient Taung language and serve to call upon the Manda to produce specific effects. In the case of Gemcutter axes, this mystical effect manifests as the ability to sever a Jedi (or Sith) of their connection to the Force. Though it can take several repeated strikes to inflict the full desired effect, these blades will weaken a Jedi's connection with the Force with each landed blow (even when striking with the blunt end of the weapon) until they eventually loose their ability to manifest mystic abilities all together.