Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jedi Academy Questions..

Firstly, is the Jedi Academy a Faction that one can be a part of if they're a Padawan/instructor? I've got a feeling my character is going to be there for a while whilst waiting/searching for an appropriate Master.

Also, is it somewhere that a character can reside? I'm guessing that most younglings do live at the Academy, but do the older Padawans do so as well? My knowledge of their ways is limited to what I've picked up from watching the movies a couple times and SW:TOR... >_>"

You are welcome. And there are plenty of goodly Jedi about who will assist you in this. There are also smaller Jedi factions as well .. you can see all the light side factions in the directory list under 'factions' (up the top of the boards there)

[member="Vas'ka Janik"]

Various Jedi or Light Side orders about like Coci says, some major, some minor, so have a browse.

[member="Vas'ka Janik"]
For the Silvers, very much a Lightside Order of Jedi:

I can help with either an ex soldier Guardian type Kei
[member="Taiden Keth"] a reserved but at the same time eager! Echani young Warrior
[member="Fyor Nayus"] an intellectual engineer who is over-reliant on technology.
Or
[member="Natol'ine"] \ [member="Natalya Selanne"] if you were going Levantine Sanctum. Nato is bubbly, excitable but fun, and Natalya when I write her out will be a wildling, working through her force bond with animals type Jedi. Sanctum is more neutral than Light Side, but that's an option too.

You or I can setup the thread, if its me it'll be later today GMT when I am back from work, if its you just tag any of these characters and drop me a reply here.

I am sure one or two others from other factions will drop by to help as well.

[member="Kei Amadis"]
Once I finish up my profile, I'll take you up on that! Perhaps [member="Taiden Keth"] and Vas can be sparring partners for a match or two, or perhaps Vas could be taught something of fighting without weapons? The possibilities are endless! Thankfully I have tomorrow off of work so I should be able to finish up the profile by tomorrow night...

[member="Vas'ka Janik"]

Sounds good to me. Echani communicate through dueling/movement so teaching your character to read people might be a fun trait for him, that or to use a weapon, and no rush, tag me when you are ready, or if you get stuck with anything and want me to start the thread.

Vas'ka Janik said:
Firstly, is the Jedi Academy a Faction that one can be a part of if they're a Padawan/instructor? I've got a feeling my character is going to be there for a while whilst waiting/searching for an appropriate Master.

Also, is it somewhere that a character can reside? I'm guessing that most younglings do live at the Academy, but do the older Padawans do so as well? My knowledge of their ways is limited to what I've picked up from watching the movies a couple times and SW:TOR... >_>"
To answer your other question, the Jedi Academy Network isn't AN Academy, it's actually a collection of Academies. So you will tend to reside at the Academy where your Master is based or where you receive most of your training (that's a very loose rule of course). The JAN is currently a place where Jedi from each Order can come and be trained regardless of which Faction they belong to. So, to answer your question from my perspective, my Padawans tend to reside on Ossus as it's where their Academy is.

Once you have a Master, ask them where you're likely to be based - it's different for each Order e.g. Mandos, SJ, Levantine.

I hope this helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom