Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News James Earl Jones signs over Darth Vader voice

Be careful what you wish for.
When I read about this yesterday, I first thought "it's the end of an era." However as sad is it is to see it end, the man deserves his retirement from the voicework. I think it is also amazing that not only did he sign over the rights (keeping the continuity of the voice for as long as possible) but he is willing to mentor anyone who plays the Dark Lord of the Sith on how to approach playing him.

An eventful couple of weeks for him though. First the theater being renamed in his honor and now this.

Unfortunately, he's aged out of the role -- JEJ's voice is noticibly different in Rebels and Rouge One.

re: the computer generated voice aspect...it would be more realistic in-universe, so that doesn't really bug me all that much. Sure, there are good voice actors that could get the job done, but you know the fandom and the demand for authenticity, so if Disney can make Vader's voice more accurate that way then I say go for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom