Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaeger Initiative/Anti-Force Tech (NFUs, and Jedi test bunnies wanted)

Rationale: ICIly, the One Sith are top heavy with Force Users, Sithspawn, possibly Vong, and who knows what else. Meanwhile, the Republic Jedi Order has been gutted due to its recent schism, so NFUs need beef up their capabilities of handling hostile Force Users (and physically superior enemies like the Vong) minimal to no Jedi assistance. OOCily, I want to give NFU combatants some buffs to better contend against Force Users, thereby making NFUs more attractive to play in tactical scenarios.

Proposal: Phase I of the Jaeger Initiative involves creating a rapidly deployable, limited production kit aimed at enhancing a NFU's combat ability with non-invasive technologies (as opposed to bionics and genetic engineering). So far I have three major components.

1. Anti-Force Barrier Canisters - A piece of biotech that mimics the Force ability Canceling affects of the Ysalamir on a smaller scale (an effective radius of about .5 meters, enough to cover a person without affecting nearby Jedi unless they're within hugging distance). Sheets of Ysalamir tissue are grown from tissue grafts stretched over racks submerged in a concoction of high-grade bacta and nutrients to stimulate rapid growth. The sheets are then diced up and rolled up swiss roll style inside small canisters that contain the same bacta-nutrient mix to keep the tissue alive. The canister itself includes a basic life support sytem, cryo statis system (to suppress the null effect when needed), and a faraday mechanism to prevent destruction by EMPs and ion weapons.
  2. High Mobilty Frame - A thin semi power exoskeleton embedded with repulsor coils that drastically reduces a soldier's load, and increases mobility and strength. Below are some reference images and visuals to help give you an idea of how it'll look and work:

exo-diagonal1-620x400.jpg

titanfall-guide-pilot-thumb-436x436.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z79kgVqWx0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj3-RsyJKfA
  3. Particle Beam Weapons - Star Wars, particle beams scatter with they hit solid objects or another energy barrier, creating a explosion of energized particles. Because of this, particle beams are unable to be deflected by lightsabers. However, of course, the strength of splash damage can also be a problem when operating in close proximity with comrades, so be careful with your aiming.
So that what I have so far. I'd like some feedback, and also suggestions on some other tech that can be developed.

Torill Holgor

T
This is not a bad idea. However let me say this as it is just as important. I have a One Sith Character and despite being Force heavy it is not the reason for the continued victories of the One Sith. Even with the use of force suppression tech specifically by the Mandalorians the One Sith still win.

I love new toys, my Army character Maximus would love new toys. What we need more than toys is the writers. Not going to say new toys will not work but what we need is to get a victory under our belt or two and use the morale boost of that to encourage new people to come to the Republic and current people to stay.

As a side note not to discourage you but if the merger/defeat goes through there is a high risk that none of the tech will be useable. Specifically concerning the loss of the manufacturing companies who would have produced the tech when we lose the territory they are based out of.

Give it a week to see what the powers that be are going to do. Then if still feasible I will have my Army character play a major role in you getting your tech ideas into IC action.

[member="Torill Holgor"] This isn't meant to a magic bullet to beat the One Sith. I'm just trying to make playing a NFU ground pounder on the Republic side more interesting. I understand that the fate of the faction is still unknown, but that's not going to stop me from preparing for any scenario. None of the technology I presented is exotic or difficult to develop or fabricate, and that decision was intentional. It can be ported over to any organization, and it's not a stretch to have some character carry the schematics with them when transferring. That's how the Rebel Alliance got the X-wing, and the Empire got the Death Star.

I'm curious, what force suppression technologies are the Mandalorians using? I know of the forcebreaker grenades, but that's about it. Also, are you currently using your One Sith character against the Republic? o.o

The Mandalorians had big tank...things...that made large areas of the playing field an anti-Force user zone.

I forget what they were called, but there were a thing.

I'd also imagine that somebody writing a Sith character would be fighting against the Republic, haha.

Torill Holgor

T
He was at the first invasion of Alderaan after I stopped playing the first Republic character I had. He was at Teta not Alderaan during the most recent invasion.

So I guess the short answer is not when I had an active Republic character.

I am simply telling you the same thing I am telling everyone else. We don't know what the environment is going to be like in a week so try not to save the Galaxy between now and then.

To answer your question Ysalamir, force breaker grenades, and another form of a force bubble that I never quite understood what it was has all been used in recent invasions. Gives my Sith a fit every time they do :p

Kiyron

K
Depending on how things work out, I like the idea. It'll be nice to have some more things to further level the field, especially next time I find myself wrestling a Sith knight. But again, depends on what happens.

[member="Blackhot"]

I too have been thinking of ways to even out the odds from a technological basis, though the more I look into it, the less certain I am.

I was thinking of Lucerne Labs making some sort of small concussion gun (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Concussion_rifle), which could be reasonable alternative to a blaster, since it can't be blocked by a lightsaber.

But if you want any help on the project, or just to run things over, don't hesitate to ask me.

[member="Torill Holgor"]: From the looks of it, the Republic will still exist in some capacity - the majority are against a merger, even if they're split between keeping the Republic going or going Rebel.

[member="Gir Quee"] In the Alderaan invasion, I actually led a squad that carried sonic beam weapons, while I used a disruptor rifle. Didn't get much use out of them though. >> I would love to collaborate with you. I see you're trying to get a lab going, so the canister could be developed there.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]: Why yes I am. I'm also looking for a taste tester (another project). I can start a thread to test the high mobility frame, and the canister.

[member="Blackhot"]

I'm using the word "Lab" somewhat loosely, as in a less scary way of saying Weapon's and starship developer. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I think that cannister is a great idea, but Lucerne Labs can't really do biotech at this point, because we're still at a low tier right now (without any subsidaries), just like your company right now.

But I'm glad you brought this all up and started this thread. I'd like to hear what people who have fought the One Sith (unlike myself), would have liked to have during their fights, or what they think could have helped.

[member="Gir Quee"] If I can't find a Republic Biotech firm, then I'll just make one myself. The tech behind the canister is real simple, based off real world stuff already being put into use. The other solution is cloning mini Yasalamri.

[member="blackhot"] don't get me wrong, I couldn't come up with a better idea myself, but it's just not something that Lucerne Labs could realistically yet, though I wish you the best with your biotech firm. I could potentially see Lucerne Labs sometime in the future being one of that firm's customers if you create it.

Kiyron

K
Gir Quee said:
'd like to hear what people who have fought the One Sith (unlike myself), would have liked to have during their fights, or what they think could have helped.

Some way of countering the Vong armor now that they've invented an immunization against Bofurr pollen, both ranged and melee, also hopefully a large area method as well, as well as the Voxyn.

You mean those kinds of things?

[member="Kiyron"]
Kiyron said:
Some way of countering the Vong armor now that they've invented an immunization against Bofurr pollen, both ranged and melee, also hopefully a large area method as well, as well as the Voxyn.

You mean those kinds of things?
Exactly that sort of thing. I will begin to look into those issues.

[member="Kiyron"] [member="Gir Quee"]

I have a few ideas to deal with the Vong armor. A vibro saw blade. A loop of nano wire is oscillated at high frequencies and spun around a rail with an electromagnetic field. Should cut through that armor like butter on a molecular level, and the magnetic field that accelerates the wire also enables the blade to be used against a lightsaber (the em fields of each will repulse each other just like in lightsaber-lightsaber combat). Anyone using a solid blade (either made from exotic metals or alchemical forged) will also be at a disadvantage. Something else force users can do is carry around small shaped charges, and explosives in general. Smash the explosives into their armor with TK; the technology was designed to bust heavily armored vehicles on cheap, so they're going down. NFUs can fire them with firearms or linear guns.

As far as directed energy weapons go, you can use microwaves and sonic weapons. Both types can bypass their armor to deliver severe internal damage (radiation/heat and hydrostatic shock respectively). A "dirty" option would be to use disruptor weapons as well. The organic nature of Vong tech makes them vunerable to disruptor tech.

As for the Voxyn and other critters, we got Onderon in our pocket, home of the beast masters. We'll have Beast Wars.

[member="Blackhot"] [member="Kiyron"]

I like that beast wars idea, anyways, this is what I've thought of so far with dealing with the Vong armor.

In terms of a mass deployment weapon against the vong armor, we could cross-breed various plants with Bafforr Tree pollen to create a wide variety of pollens very similar to the Bafforr Tree pollen, but not exactly the same. This would use the vaccination against the crabs, as the crab would quickly use boost up its immune system to meet and counter the pollen (even if the cross-breeded pollen is actually not allergic to them). In doing so, the crab would be exerting and eventually kill itself via cytokine storm (overreaction of the body’s immune system). If you want a real life example of that, take a look at the Spanish flu of the early 1900s, where thousands of people died of one particular strain of the common cold.

Second option would be to use some sort of dartgun that is fed with a cocktail of chemicals, such as bothan stun spores, hallicegens, Tammack, spice, other mind and body-altering drugs, etc. The idea is basically to use the armor’s living status against its user. For example, there is a drug called Muratine, which causes violent and suicidal behavior. If a crab got hit with it, it might try to kill itself, it might attack its user, etc.

Third option is Blackhot's already described, and that’s to use personal weapons not affected by the Vong armor’s properties. Some other examples include Cyroban rifles (which freeze targets) or acid guns.

VlPER

Victory is mine!
[member="Gir Quee"] | [member="Blackhot"] | [member="Kiyron"]

My other alt is developing the answer to the Yuuzhan Vong armor problem now. You can find that answer here.

Blackhot, did you ever build on that ysalamir stuff you were talking about before? Cuz my alt has cloning facilities at STI. And I've been looking to develop some stuff with that creature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom