Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Jacen Cavill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[SIZE=8pt]Name:[/SIZE] [SIZE=8pt]Jacen Cavill [/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Dev Thread: [/SIZE]http://starwarsrp.net/topic/31683-chemical-warfare/

[SIZE=8pt]Designation:[/SIZE] [SIZE=8pt]Sentient[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Homeworld: [/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]Serenno[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Language:[/SIZE] [SIZE=8pt]Galactic Basic[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Average height of adults:[/SIZE] [SIZE=8pt]1.93m[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Skin color:[/SIZE] [SIZE=8pt]White[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Hair color: [/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]Black[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Breathes:[/SIZE] [SIZE=8pt]Type I[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=8pt]Alchemized Bones- Jacen Cavill’s bones, not unlike a Maalrass, are lightsaber/energy resistant as well as significantly hardier. This makes maiming/dismembering him through lightsaber combat extremely difficult. A dedicated opponent could bypass this through sustained contact overtime(lightsaber), or with repeated hits with significant kinetic force applied(Lightsaber, Sith Sword, etc). This does not however prevent damage to muscles, ligaments, or organs, beyond them being protected by the reinforced bones when properly positioned. Though unlikely his extremities may still be pulled apart, though it requires additional force compared to normal due to the bones being heavier than normal. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=8pt]Sith Poison Adrenaline: Jacen Cavill’s adrenaline has been replaced with a substance that is an extremely refined version of Sith Poison. This poison is refined to cause a near uncontrollable rage, as well as “diminish the ability to resist the pull of the darkside”, or in other words, to embrace it more easily. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Weaknesses:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=8pt]Painful: While refined to not be extensively painful, the Sith Poison is still poison, and thus damaging to Jacen Cavill when he exerts adrenaline, causing him minor but noteable pain. Over time and prolonged exposure this effect could become more drastic, as well as having a permanent side-effect of minimal but notable pain even when not under the effects of adrenaline.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=8pt]Madness: Sith Poison, by dramatically multiplying the rage one feels, also wanes away at one’s sanity. Extended usage will degrade his higher reasoning skills, until in time he will feel nothing but uncontrollable anger. In comparison to say, a Jedi being infected with Sith Poison, this will be a much quicker degradation because Cavill is not attempting to resist the effects, but draw from them. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=8pt]Death: The process of replacing Cavill’s adrenaline with Sith Poison will cut at least ten years off of Cavill’s natural lifespan, with potential for losing many more years based on how often he fights, hence releasing adrenaline, thus poisoning himself. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=8pt]Increased Calcium Intake: Cavill now needs to drink a much larger quantity of milk to make sure his bones are at optimal condition. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=8pt]Increased Weight: Due to the more dense and powerful nature of Cavill’s bones he now naturally carries around another 25 pounds than a man of his size, muscle content, and fat density should. As a result he is naturally a step slower in everything he does, having to move a lot more weight with each step, punch, or swing.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=8pt]Hormonal Imbalance: Due to the loss of adrenaline in his system Cavill can, at times, experience lightheadedness and has to deal with a lower than average blood pressure. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Distinctions:[/SIZE][SIZE=8pt] No changes in physical appearance in comparison to a normal human, though now is more detectable in the darkside. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Average Lifespan:[/SIZE] [SIZE=8pt]Variable(explained above), but likely somewhere between 40-70 years. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Races:[/SIZE] [SIZE=8pt]None[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Estimated Population: [/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]One[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Diet:[/SIZE] [SIZE=8pt]Normal Human Diet[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Communication:[/SIZE] [SIZE=8pt]Speech[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Culture: [/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]N/A[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Technology level: [/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]N/A[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]General behavior:[/SIZE] [SIZE=8pt]Far more rage than a normal human being, but still human. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]History:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Simply put, Warren Valik replaced Jacen Cavill’s adrenaline with a refined version of Sith Poison, and changed his bones to be lightsaber resistant. There are no changes done to his skin, or organs, with Jacen reasoning that skin enhancement was less necessary than ensuring he cannot be maimed. It is notable that the adrenaline and bone alterations are not grafts or truly replacements, Valik has actually used Sith Alchemy to re-write Jacen Cavill’s genetic code to build his body differently than the average human. Aside from making Cavill a true Sithspawn(and thus more vulnerable to Force Light and Sithspawn killing weapons, such as say Winterfang) this also ensures that Cavill does not have to take any anti-rejection drugs, as his body does not see his changed bones or adrenaline as a foreign entity. Similarly if Cavill were to somehow break his bones they would heal naturally(assuming proper placement/nutritition/time, etc) and still retain their reinforced and energy resistant nature. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Notable Player-Characters:[/SIZE] [SIZE=8pt][member="Jacen Cavill"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Intent:[/SIZE] [SIZE=8pt]To empower Jacen Cavill, while also spiraling him out of control in his pursuit for power, making him a monster of the dark side. [/SIZE]

Hi [member="Valik"], I'll be going through this submission with you.

I see you've already added the word dismemberment in there. I don't think anything further needs adding, but obviously this isn't going to stop someone doing extreme damage to Cavill with a saber. He can still be disembowelled, have his throat slit, his muscles torn to shreds. A ribcage is just a big series of holes to a blaster. I would surmise that blows/bolts to the head are going to be protected against more than anything else.

I assume his ligaments are the same, so you could pull his limbs off or cut through the joints?

Could you expand more on what the Sith Poison does to Cavill, beyond just pain? What is the exact effect that will prematurely end his life?

Pain seems a slightly oversimplified problem for messing with the bodies hormonal system and I would expect further side effects. Perhaps the usual effects of too much adrenaline: high blood pressure and excessive sweating would be appropriate?

Beyond sending him into a rage, does the Sith poison confer any other benefits?

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
I see you've already added the word dismemberment in there. I don't think anything further needs adding, but obviously this isn't going to stop someone doing extreme damage to Cavill with a saber. He can still be disembowelled, have his throat slit, his muscles torn to shreds. A ribcage is just a big series of holes to a blaster. I would surmise that blows/bolts to the head are going to be protected against more than anything else.

I assume his ligaments are the same, so you could pull his limbs off or cut through the joints?
Definitely. It offers no protection to ligaments, joints, or anything other than bones really(though areas covered by bones obviously enjoy more protection). The text has been edited to reflect that.

Could you expand more on what the Sith Poison does to Cavill, beyond just pain? What is the exact effect that will prematurely end his life?
IIRC, Canon is unclear on how exactly Sith Poison works, but is clear that it multiplies their rage, limits their ability to resist the dardside, is painful, and eventually lethal. I would assume it's from the Darkside corrupting the body to where it can no longer function, ala Onimi, but I can't pinpoint the ability without theorizing. I can edit some fluff in there if you wish, but ultimately the effect isn't something that be can be removed, and can only be prolonged by dealing with less poison, or triggering less adrenaline in this instance.

Pain seems a slightly oversimplified problem for messing with the bodies hormonal system and I would expect further side effects. Perhaps the usual effects of too much adrenaline: high blood pressure and excessive sweating would be appropriate?
I'm not particularly sure why Cavill would show signs of too much adrenaline when he has no adrenaline. Naturally the lack of adrenaline would mean a lack of physical energy in things such as exercise and in stressed situations compared to normal, but other then that I'm admittedly not well versed enough in human biology to be aware of it's effects on other parts of the hormonal systems.

Beyond sending him into a rage, does the Sith poison confer any other benefits?
No. While it allows for Cavill to call upon the darkside with extreme ease, more and more so as he is exposed to more Sith Poison, it does not make him stronger in the Force, or physically, or mentally. It is not a procedure intended to create an individual that is extremely powerful, but rather a procedure intended to bring Jacen closer to the darkside, and become a near semi-sentient monster in the process of doing so.

[member="Raziel"]

Valik said:
Definitely. It offers no protection to ligaments, joints, or anything other than bones really(though areas covered by bones obviously enjoy more protection). The text has been edited to reflect that.

IIRC, Canon is unclear on how exactly Sith Poison works, but is clear that it multiplies their rage, limits their ability to resist the dardside, is painful, and eventually lethal. I would assume it's from the Darkside corrupting the body to where it can no longer function, ala Onimi, but I can't pinpoint the ability without theorizing. I can edit some fluff in there if you wish, but ultimately the effect isn't something that be can be removed, and can only be prolonged by dealing with less poison, or triggering less adrenaline in this instance.

No. While it allows for Cavill to call upon the darkside with extreme ease, more and more so as he is exposed to more Sith Poison, it does not make him stronger in the Force, or physically, or mentally. It is not a procedure intended to create an individual that is extremely powerful, but rather a procedure intended to bring Jacen closer to the darkside, and become a near semi-sentient monster in the process of doing so.
Fair points, consider these closed off.

Valik said:
I'm not particularly sure why Cavill would show signs of too much adrenaline when he has no adrenaline. Naturally the lack of adrenaline would mean a lack of physical energy in things such as exercise and in stressed situations compared to normal, but other then that I'm admittedly not well versed enough in human biology to be aware of it's effects on other parts of the hormonal systems.

I think the following line led me to this thought:

"Jacen Cavill’s adrenaline has been replaced with a substance that is an extremely refined version of adrenaline"

So he no longer gets the usual benefits of an adrenal response? (Increased heart rate, blood flow, etc)

This might lead to some other issues, but they could be kept minor and a sensible IC characteristic to mention, let me have a quick think.

[member=Valik]

Could you please change the "refined adrenaline" line to make that more clear?

Additionally I'd suggest cavill may have to deal with some low blood pressure issues due to no adrenaline, as a sensible drawback. A bit of annoying light-headedness when he's not in "rage-mode" would be enough for me.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
That was intended to be "Refined version of Sith Poison", but I somehow jumbled the words together. In any case, edited.

[member="Raziel"]

Thank you very much.

Approved Pending Secondary.

I note I have made the assumption that a human can be altered to function without adrenaline, this may or may not be valid, but I feel it is an appropriate one to make to allow this plot device to go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom