Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IX-81

[ Log In | Help ]
[ User ID: 8092340300 ]
[ Pass: ******* ]
[ Welcome Agent Olserayon ]
[ File > Search ]
[ profile/wanted/IX-81 ]
[ Searching... ]
[Displaying. ]
wjuD93W.jpg
IX-81
"Fleshy sentients puzzle me. Your kind dies every day - every moment of every day. Yet you all look so surprised when you do. Dying is what your kind does best. It's new every time."
| Basic Information |
  • Designation: IX-81
  • Species: Droid
  • Class: 4 (Modified Assassination)
  • Homeworld: -
  • Faction: The Smugglers' Alliance
  • Force Sensitive: No ('cause droid)

| Physical Description |
  • Height: 6'2'' (1.88 meters)
  • Description: "IX-81's appearance can vary slightly depending on where the droid is but after our initial interview it is apparent that at some point in its history, after initial creation, the droid was reprogrammed and given additional programs - none that could arguably aid it in its primary function: assassination. The oldest programs, the ones we could access, are all related to combat and defense. When we asked IX-81 about this it revealed that it was originally created for the sake of defense. It was to defend its creator's family. Thus the likely intimidating frame it was given. While its programming is best suited for assassination it is not through subtlety. It was meant to intimidate would-be attackers. IX-81's tendency to wear cloaks and thicker outer shells seems to derive from one of its newer programs. The cloaks were taken from victims. Pirates looking to take a droid for a quick payout, so it says. It will not allow us access to its memory banks in order for us to confirm. The droid stands at one-point-eighty-eight meters and has a more organic shaped frame than most droids. We first believed it to be a cyborg. Its faceplate resembles a skull almost, with a breathing mask on the bottom frame of its face, but appears to serve an alternate function (because droids don't need to breathe..). What we do know however is that the droid has compartments across its body for storing items of varying size. We were not able to look at the rest of its frame as every time we attempted to remove its cloaks it, in a high pitched tone, 'yelled' we were violating it. We decided it was not worth the effort at this point convinced that - this was not the droid we were looking for."
  • Attached files: X X

| Modifications |

| Strengths & Weaknesses |
  • + Physical strength: Contributed by his frame, size, and the way he was constructed IX-81 possesses greater strength than the average humanoid, although it is not a trait he uses on average while in combat simply because he is not programmed to be a brawler. Although when stripped of all weaponry IX-81 is programmed to do whatever is necessary and thus the occasional time his brute strength will come in handy. Otherwise it is primarily used to clear obstructions from his path.
  • + Flexibility: Constructed to resemble the flexibility of an organic as well as possible, much like a human replica droid, this droid was constructed with first a wiry frame that enables it to move much more fluidly than otherwise seen in droids. Over that wiry frame is then the plating that protects its 'vitals'. Though certainly not to the extent of an actual organic it comes close enough to make the melee programming worth it.
  • + Pistol programming: In addition to his droid sensors he is also very adapt at the use of a pistol, although it is not the primary weapon for IX-81, instead being a type of surprise or quick-draw attack when otherwise necessary.
  • + Rifle programming: Much like his pistol programming he was made extremely adapt at the use of all kinds of rifles - whether it was a sniper rifle, pulse cannon, or any other type of rifle. Rifles being a primary weapon for the droid.
  • + Melee programming: Programmed in the use of lightweight swords and staffs IX-81 prefers to use short swords but it is generally not his first choice in weapon
  • + Computer programming: Skilled in the use of computers IX-81 can navigate nearly any type of computer system, hack, and given opportunity alter the programming of most other droids.
  • + Security programming: As per IX-81s skill in computers this skill also extends to electronic security systems, given that there is a computer that engages or disengages the security. Otherwise there is little he can do besides bashing the lock multiple times.
  • + Basic droid modifications: Heightened processing time, will react quicker, and absent hesitation due to a lack of empathy. Can withstand a greater amount of damage, and with its unique plating, even withstand the blade of a lightsaber for a limited amount of time before being forced into retreat. Also possesses an interior recording device that allows the assassin droid to capture imagery and sound alike. While as a droid he cannot possess the Force in any way, he however was programmed with ways to combat force users, which includes the knowledge that he cannot sensed by them being outside the Force.
  • + Self Evolution: His creator decided against any sort of restriction protocol in fear that if they were gone they would want their creation to still be able to evaluate and adapt to a situation, including when presented with situations otherwise not covered in the droid's pre-installed memory banks. The primary advantages to this of course being an ability to encounter new situations and based on its own knowledge figure out an alternate solution - whether or not for the better. But the main advantage is the droid's ability to learn and better itself. Making any hacking or computer-based attacks for the most part useless. Constantly updating itself on known viruses that could affect its systems IX-81 is constantly improving his own security.
  • + Language programming: Though not by any means as expansive as a proper protocol droid IX-81 does however speak a small range of languages, installed by his creator to enable the droid to get around the galaxy without much issue in case his family ever needed to be transported. Binary, Galactic Basic, Huttese, Bocce, Bothese, Durese, Gamorrese, Jawaese, Mando'a, Rodese, Shyriiwook, Sullustese, and Togruti.
  • - Droid/Cyborg bias: Whether assumed to be an android or a droid many distrust either and so IX-81 often finds himself being kicked out of a cantina, having trash thrown at him by children, and other forms of bias directed his way.
  • - Weight: Like any droid IX-81 is inherently disadvantaged in environments that includes a soft surface, such as: swamp, bog, bodies of water.
  • - Droid vulnerabilities: IX-81 is vulnerable against electric or ionic based attacks.
  • - Unique construction: Being constructed by a paranoid and fearful Mandalorian has its advantages - but also its disadvantages. Beyond all the combat training, shielding, assassin protocols, force user protocols, self-improving systems, and original design belonging to a man with fighting constantly on his mind is one simple oversight. The fact that IX-81 is the only one with the blueprints to repair or improve himself. If he managed to get damaged enough that another would have to repair him it would take significantly longer simply because there would be a lot of self-teaching on the part of the mechanic.
  • = Lack of memory wipe: Many would call this a disadvantage and while they are not necessarily wrong as IX-81 has quite a few quirks it does however make him all the more efficient in a situation due to the fact he can rely on past experiences and respond accordingly. But with the addition of having personality programmed into the droid, a modification made following the death of his original creator, IX-81 was programmed with the personality of that same creator by the man's still living wife, albeit not completely. Instead she chose what she believed he was like without the need to always honour Mandalore. Imaginative, fun, protective, excitable, not content with being lazy, and other such traits. This personality, in addition to the lack of memory wipes, eventually twisted into what IX-81 is now twenty years later subsequent her own death. These oddities include an obsessive insistence on wearing cloaks or hats, the fact that IX-81 occasionally aspires to be a poet, despite lacking any kind of emotion besides the need to move (which in itself comes off odd) at all times and party. Or his attempt at making 'jokes' and humorous observations.

| Possessions |

History
| The Beginning |
[ Audio detected. ]
[ Autoplaying... ]

"..zZzz... My creator. Yes. I recall him. He was named Ido Xiar, of the Xiar clan, and he finished my construction at almost twenty-one years old in 748 ABY. At the time he was assistant to the quarter master and would presumably assume the role once that Mandalorian grew too old and sought an honorable death. I never saw the day pass however. Five years after my creation, and after at least three hundred successful battles alongside Ido, he had grown weary of his life. I do not know what compelled him to leave but one night he reactivated me and told me we had to leave. I, of course, did as he commanded. Mind you, I did not have to follow his orders. He had not installed any protocol within me that demanded so. But my programming sought battle and battle and he had showed me much. Besides, I did not know much of the galaxy at this point. It only made sense to follow my creator.

Years later I suspected he did not leave of his own accord. I believed he had broken one of the codes of the Resol'nare. Oh- I would not expect you to know what that is. There is a rhyme taught to the children to help aid their memorization of it. Allow me fleshy one. Education and armour, self-defense, our tribe. Our language and our leader - all help us survive. It sounds better in their language. Ba'jur b- move on? Very well, though you are not yet prepared to become a Mandalorian ad'ika. Nevertheless! We traveled away from Mandalore and spent many years following as bounty hunters, smugglers, thieves, pirates. We did everything we could. But really, that is irrelevant these days.

A decade later he met a woman fleshy sentient. They became close. Then she became fat and nine months later a small fleshy thing appeared. I recall being programmed again at that point, now with protocols to defend the formerly fat one and to defend the child. My creator at that point grew ill. Coughed quite a bit. Eventually he died. Then so did the boy. It was something within their blood, at least that is what the doctor stated. The woman, able handed herself, programmed me some time later. Gave me the personality of her dead husband. I believe, at least from my experience in telling this tale, your kind refers to this as "creepy". I stayed with her for a while, her treating me like her husband, even to an impossible degree. We were on Coruscant at the time, the underlevels, incapable of affording anything else. Numerous times did some fleshy try to break into her home - though I never did learn for what purpose. I killed them each time. You would think they would stop trying. Eventually she too perished. Illness of a slashed wrist. Without purpose, nor any thing to protect any longer, I had to decide myself what to do. I fell into what felt familiar. Smuggling and hunting. My two trades."

[member="Lord Eclipsion"]

Why, yes you can. So long as you keep the credits a'comin' IX-81 will be happy to fulfill all your smuggler and/or hunting needs.

Evasion Studios
I for one welcome our robot overlords.

Binary Translation
01001001 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01110111 01100101 01101100 01100011 01101111 01101101 01100101 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 01101100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011

First and foremost, thank you for the interest and kind words. I appreciate it.

Lord Eclipsion said:
With 1 million credits, I think that'll be good.

[member=IX-81]
Yes, I do believe that will suit my droid. Contact me for the details of the job you had in mind.

[member="Lord Eclipsion"]

DFS-8DS said:
Hi friend !
Hello fellow superior sentient!

[member="DFS-8DS"]

Hasjo Hallu said:
@[member="IX-81"]

Up for some RP with a cyborg?
I would be yes. PM me with the idea you had in mind, or, we can come up with one via PM.

[member="Hasjo Hallu"]

DFS-8DS

Nobody has turned me on yet.
IX-81 said:
Hello fellow superior sentient!

[member="DFS-8DS"]
Well. . .organics are kinda fun when you make friends with them. . .less boring conversations than most droids I met so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom