Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private It's The Transmission Again

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps
"Why... Why does this always happen to me..." Omen's not unique face buried face-first into the wiring of his Dragonboat's panels. He certainly was not having a good day... One of the craft's two breaking thrusters had malfunctioned as he had exited hyperspace around Bothawui. He was still trying to push the screaming alarms and flashing of the ship's internal sensors from his mind. it had been such a hard day already. The last thing he needed was another headache today.

Now he was trying to repair the fault by himself while his astromech was still on its charging port. While he could wake the droid up from its slumber to help out, the amount of arguing that would happen if he did, made it not worth the trouble in the end. If only he had another set of hands... But wishing wouldn't get the job done. Now did he have to connect the green and blue wires together or the red and black ones?

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Last edited:
Amani's ship spat out of hyperspace over Bothawui. She'd hardly noticed, having taken an unintentional nap for the last portion of the flight, until the sound of pinging sensors awoke her.

"Eh?" She leaned in and stared at the panel, which displayed another nearby ship that seemed to be in distress. The mirialan grumbled, futilely contemplating whether or not she should get involved, knowing damn well she was going to regardless. After a smack of her lips, Amani hailed with a transmission, "Uhhh, hello there? Seems like your ship is in a spot of trouble. Don't suppose there's anything I can offer?"

Sergeant Omen

The Dragonboat's flashers would start to come on as Omen started to unintelligibly curse. "Dang it! Why the f&*@ won't this stinking boat work!" It was only then that he heard the younger female voice come over the radio. (Thank whoever was in charge if the galaxy for letting the radio still work) Trying to wipe off the soot from his pants, the Clone walked over to the cockpit and answered the unknown caller's query. Hopefully it wasn't some EE agent like last time... "Yeah, I could use an extra set of eyes and hands. I'll meet you at the air lock." It was time to see who his savior really was.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"Cool." Amani signed off unceremoniously, then set to piloting her ship into a docking position alongside the other. She checked her things once more then stood ready at the airlock.

Once the seal opened, Amani gave a lazy wave, "Hey. Amani; I'm the one who hailed you. What are we looking at?"

Sergeant Omen

Omen stood in his full green armor and cloak with his helmet under his arm as he waited for his secret caller to disenbark. Whoever it was, atleast they were kind enough to help him out. It was a kindness that he wouldn't forget it. As the Mirialan boarded, he gave a her small smile and a wave hello. "Omen Mereel, its a pleasure to meet you Amani. As for the damage, its mostly just wiring. A couple of the connections to the breaking system must have broken loose when I came out of hyperspace and I can't seem to match them up right for the life of me. Its what I get for driving a 800 year old ship. Anyway, I can't go planetside without my breaking thrusters. I've had to do it once and I don't want to do it again."

The Clone lead her back to the wiring and gesturing to the living wire jungle within the open panel. "You might know this stuff better than I do so go ahead and see what you can do." His hand moved to his belt so the clone could get out a penlight to assist her. "Valery must have added a curse to her along with her payment..."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"And I thought my ship was old-fashioned," Amani chuckled a bit. 800 year old systems were bound to run into a few roadblocks without serious refurbishment.

She scanned the mess of wiring, scratching her head, "Well I'm no expert, but I've picked up a thing or two over the years. Let's see…"

After a few moments untangling cords, Amani simply shrugged and connected a pair of contrasting colors. There was no immediate indication of any effect, "Maybe give it a test? See if it's working now." She looked to Omen.

Sergeant Omen

"I say it's an oldy but a goodie. Probably the six shield generators onboard take up too much power which causes the shorts. Might have to change that..." The whole ship seemed like it needed a refit but the Miridain would see the freighter had been updated with new parts including something that was a comm scrambler in the cockpit. Omen just had so much to take care of and tearing the ship's walls down and rebuilding it just happened to be low on his list of priorities

The Clone silently watched as the green alien did her work. It seemed like she actually did know her stuff as she connected the wires correctly. When she backed out of the panel and asked him to test her repairs, he nodded and moved to the cockpit, trying again to activate the thrusters. This time, both thrusters in the front of the vessel sent out plumes of fire to show Amani's repairs effectiveness. "Yes... Thank the Maker..."

Standing up, he would clomp back down the hallway and offer a hand as thanks. "I guess I'm all good now. I can get you some payment for your troubles or a meal your initial plan was to hit orbit. And please don't protest. You came out of your way to help me. Paying back the favor is the least I can do."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani nodded, impressed by her own work as the thrusters began functioning as intended, "Guess the spacer life hasn't been a complete waste of time."

As he seemed to expect she was ready to deny any sort of payment, holding up her hands in refusal. "It was really nothing, took me all of a few minutes-" She chuckled sheepishly, eventually resigning to his insistence, "If you absolutely have to pay me back… maybe just a bit of fuel money?" Amani shrugged. A small cost that would end the debate over payment, and still be of use to her.

Sergeant Omen

"I guess it hasn't. Probably why you've lasted on your own as long as you have." This young lady sure had some technical skills at least, more than he did at least today.

Putting up a finger for her to give him moment, he would retreat to his room and come back out with a small sack of credits, tossing it to her. "That should be enough to get you where you're going. And again, thanks for the help."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

“Hm. Thanks?” She said, unsure of whether or not to interpret his phrasing as a backhanded.

In any case, the credits were very real, and that was enough for her, “No worries. Appreciate the change, this’ll get me back home.” Amani gestured with the sack of credits. Travel costs were consistently the most frustrating part of her job. With another wave, Amani took leave back to her own ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom