Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's More Than a Cold (Open)

Matthew Robinson

There's an herb for that.
"This is Robinson back to TKO Search and Rescue base. I've gotten multiple reports on Adarlon about a spreading sickness. Potential disease. Blimey, not much to go on. I need back-up. And tell [member="Bryce Bantam"] if he's around, I'd love to see his ginger-mug again. Transmitting coordinates now."

Fingers flexed on the controls of the TKO Search and Rescue transport. It was a smaller unit, one Matt liked to take out on runs to the more remote villages within the remoteness that was the Outback. When he got the cut-off message from the emergency beacon, he knew he couldn't handle this one on his own.

Though he'd never tell anyone like [member="Runi Verin"] or [member="Aeron Kreelan"] that.

Hazel eyes switched to his comm. He had one unread message from [member="Judah Dashiell"]. He'd have to check it later because as his ship pushed through the upper level atmosphere clouds, he didn't get any landing clearance requests. Complete silence.

He's alive! Force it has seemed like years since he had seen Matt's proper mint loving shebs around. Bryce was commanding a newly gotten vessel liberated from the One sith when he got the call.

"Helm, drop us out of hyperspace and divert course. Doctor Robinson isn't one to cry wolf so if he has concerns then we are going to respond"

"Comm officer, relay the good doctor's message and also tell him that we are responding and will make all speed to his position."

Hopefully, this is not another major incident, with most of TKO's agents scrambling to capture as many ships as they could from the falling Republic and One sith empires he was not sure how many would be able to respond.

[member="Matthew Robinson"]

Post one for sucker punch Thief-in a Razor

[Unread Message]
[DrMatthewRobinson@geemail.holo]
[Subject : Offer]

[member="Matthew Robinson"],

How has your time in the Kathol Outback been? I'd like to thank you for taking Makai out to the local villages recently and showing him some of what you do. Rural medicine is important I feel at times my son needs to see where his roots used to lie,in addition to serving something more than himself.

Makai may or may not have told you, I've been busy with work near Tabaqui and Celestia Station. Recently it included a medcenter on the station, hopefully it will make a stamp on a rather under served area. In the near future, I have plans to expand Salacia's goodwill missions using the medical center, going into backwater villages to deliver healthcare when needed. Training locals to do such a thing is also on the list.

What I need is someone to help spearhead this from a medical standpoint. I would like that person to be you. You've got the experience dealing with less than ideal conditions. You may not have the teaching experience but this will easily come in time, others can also be brought in.

Of course I'd never discount your work with the Kathol Outback. I'm offering a part time gig here even though you'd be running the project out in Tabaqui.

Don't discount the benefits. Six figure salary, a flat on Celestia Station , freedom of schedule. Think it over and get back to me. If you feel the benefits aren't enough, do bring your offer in the reply.

-Judah Dashiell
[judah.dashiell@salaciaconsolidated.holo]

Matthew Robinson

[member="Bryce Bantam"] [member="Judah Dashiell"]

"....repeat, this is Doctor Matthew Robinson with the Outback requesting permission to land. Over."

Static.

Dark brows furrowed and a hand came up to rub at the stubble on his face. He circled once over the landing zone. Looked like they didn't have power. Even in daylight, he could tell the landing beacons were off. A few transports and cargo ships sat unattended to scattered through the landing docks. The message came in from Bryce, or rather Bryce's crew.

The medic couldn't help the brief grin that broke his tense features. "Oy. You tell Bryce, yeah, yeah, Captain, Admiral, whatever-it-is, I'm glad you're on the way. I'm landing now. Dock 3b. Looks like main power is off. I'm keeping this channel open until you lot get here."

It didn't take him long to set the ship down and finish up landing checks. He wandered to the back of the ship and pulled out a medical mask, goggles, gloves, and his medpack. Better to be safe than sicker.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Judah Dashiell"],

[Unread Message]
[judah.dashiell@salaciaconsolidated.holo]
[Subject: I'm Back]

Hey Judah, you silly old queen,

I have been recently awakened by Siobhan because her plumbing clogged so she dropped the casket with me on some Sith and I decided to stick around.

Let me know if you want to do some cooperation sometime, we will be releasing new Echani Graphite construction product and I have been meaning on upgrading our construction droids soon.

It is HK here by the way.

[theironropolord47ididyourmomlastnight6924@spacemail.com]

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
Another job for the outback, this time to do with a doc, and one who did the shindig job no less, and some sick people.
Time for Aerin to show off a new toy he 'borrowed', crew was just a bunch of spacers he recruited on a small budget and promise of a big salvage haul, maybe even a permanent job on the ship if the outback decided to keep them on. The 'comms officer' was an old near-human named Dox Freydin; graying hair, brown eyes, and brow ridges, and tan skin. Dox signals Aerin who was at the helm personally, " Kid, yer friends from The Outback are signalling fer aide, wanna stop bye on our way home?"

Aerin places a hand on his scruffy beard, his new duster over his usual t-shirt and jeans combo fitting in nicely with the crew composition, "Send the signal that I'm coming to lend a hand or two, wait, no, scratch that, tell 'em tech support is on it's way." Aerin grimaces as his hand goes to his left breast pocket from his chin, to a music box he'd gotten from his distant other half before she had left to train under her dark master. he punches in the Coordinates given and slides the slightly beat-up Frigate into hyperspace.

[member="Matthew Robinson"], [member="Bryce Bantam"], [member="Judah Dashiell"]

NOTE: Part of OP Suckerpunch

The sleek corvette slid out of hyperspace and into the remote system Matt had called from. From his message, the mystery was deepening.

Matthew Robinson said:
"Oy. You tell Bryce, yeah, yeah, Captain, Admiral, whatever-it-is, I'm glad you're on the way. I'm landing now. Dock 3b. Looks like main power is off. I'm keeping this channel open until you lot get here."
"Lord and Commander will do Matt," Bryce chuckled as he answered his friend personally this time. "Do keep your head down and eyes open, this has the smell of something fishy, ya know. We dropped out at the outer edge of the system, wanted to do a full scan before heading to the planet proper. Cause if something is lurking I want to make sure we are taking every precaution. Just do me a favor Matt, no heroics. If you find something off, get back to your ship and get off that rock."

Bryce was concerned for his friend, now he knew Mr Robinson was an old hand in the outback but something about this situation was bothering him, and till he figured out what it was the feeling left him on edge...

OOC: Post 2 of 3 for sucker punch

Matthew Robinson

[member="Aerin Kath"] [member="Bryce Bantam"]

"And that's why you're the head gaffer, Bryce," he couldn't help the grin creep up behind his medical mask, booted footsteps taking him down the ramp of his ship and onto the duracreet outside. Hazel-eyes squinted at the empty surroundings. Normally a spaceport would be ripe with activity. This was all lacking that kind of activity.

A few cargo and loading droids whizzed or wheeled by but that was it.

"You take the time to be cautious so situations don't turn into a complete damp squib. And don't worry, I'll try not to get my arm broken this time. Comm me when you land." Truth was, Matt was quite chuffed that he was going to see Bryce soon. Too much time had passed.

There was an incoming message on another channel. He recognized the name. Aeron Kath.

"Glad to have you lot. Power is definitely out here - at least at the spaceport. I operate on people, not machines. Hope to see you soon." A flicker of movement caught his eye in the shadows of the cargo holding area. Footsteps carried him to the edge where sunlight ended and the shade started.

Definitely getting bad feelings on this.

The outer rim was quite, no sign of lurking ships, or any at all. Now that was a remote outpost but feth, there wasn't even come traffic. When a system went quiet it always meant trouble and with manpower lacking even more than usual the feeling Bryce was having was only growing.

"Helmsmen, make all possible speed for the inner system. This fething smells like trouble, and I want us in position for support Mr Robinson."

The ship he commanded was in no shape to provide much support but he still had a loyal crew of Kill Joys at his command and more than enough guile to jump into the fray. Whatever that fray may be....

[member="Matthew Robinson"] | [member="Aerin Kath"]

OOC Sucker Punch 3 of 18 - Going for a bigger ship!

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
Aerin slides out of hyperspace again, though something seems odd to him, "BB, Doc, we're here." his hands grip the helm as he feels a tenseness in his crew as he starts for the inner system of his own accord, " I've got a feeling we're going to get into deep poodoo, if we spread out too much that is..." he starts to tense up himself. " heading to provide another target if this is an ambush, I've heard of systems of people going missing before, just hope this ain't like that."

[member="Bryce Bantam"], [member="Matthew Robinson"]

[member="HK-36"]

HK,

We can cooperate sometime if Kerrigan doesn't break you first. Not sure what good I can be, after all, didn't you create those droids? Can't say Salacia has made much in the way of droids since hitting it big but we can certainly still give it a try. Are you looking for machined parts? If so let me know, I think you would be impressed by my Tabaqui refinement facility.

-Judah

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)

Yes, it was a joint project between Incom and Abregado, but the reason for its conception in the first place was to build a shipyard for you. I was planning on focusing on their smaller worker variants and upgrading them further to decrease on their size. I do not want to go into much detail just yet but we have theoretical blueprints for a backpack-like droid that can conduct repairs on armor and equipment during combat. Machined parts would be useful, our partnership with Firemane gives us access to a lot of resources we would normally lack, but we still have only so many manufacturing plants, our production capability is starting to get stretched thin. What do you refine on Tabaqui?

-HK

Matthew Robinson

[member="Aerin Kath"] [member="Bryce Bantam"]

Hazel-eyes adjusted to the darkness of the deserted hangar. The one that didn't feel deserted. Time to man-up. "Patching us all on a same channel." He sent to Aerin and Bryce. "I could use one or both of you groundside. It's a ghost town down here. But it's a bunch of tosh to think something isn't off...," voice trailed away.

He stepped inside, hand pulling out the blaster at his side. Set on stun. He needed to make his way to the city center. Footsteps brought him further through the empty hangar. There was that movement up ahead again.

Hand squeezed tighter around the blaster but he didn't raise it. He kept the comm open on the other end to Bryce and Aerin so they'd be able to hear him. "Name's Matt and I'm with the Outback Search and Rescue. Got a distress call. Anyone there? I'm here to help..."

Bryce was already in his flight suit when he got Matt's call. The only atmospheric fighters the had on board were some of his new experimental GR-B5 Thunderbolts. A ship that was a step child of the Death seeds of old. With minimal life support capabilities a proper flight suit was a must and if he was going to get planetside quickly he would need to take one.

"On my way Mattie boy," Bryce answered in his best Mr. Robinson accent. I'm bringing a small strike team so stay frosty will be arrive, mate."

He knew Matt too well to think he would but if the mint loving doc did get himself into trouble at least Bryce would be able to say, "told ya so".

Matthew Robinson

[member="Bryce Bantam"] [member="Aerin Kath"]

Matt scowled beneath his mask, though his eyes twinkled with mirth as Bryce's accent attempt. "Oy, that's a shoddy piece of work, mate. Maybe you should stick to your tone, eh? And you know me...I'll try to keep my arse out of the fire but if it's anything like that sith fight....it seems to find me."

A looming figure suddenly slide from a deeper shadow of crates just to the side. Matt switched his attention from the comms with the ginger to the blond-haired man. He cleared his throat and held up a gloved hand as the stranger began to lumber forward.

"Sir...," he let out a sudden roar and lurched faster. His movements were jerky. Clothes had been worn awhile and they were torn. Blood spattered across the man's shirt and there was a festering wound on his arm. That wasn't the most alarming thing, though. The man's eyes were swallowed by the color of blood and they were looking at Matt with a primal hunger.

"Bloody hell," Matt raised the blaster and fired off a stun bolt, hitting the rampaging guy in the chest. The man's body jerked and stumbled but kept coming. Several more figures stepped from the shadows and started running toward him. The same look of manic hunger in all their eyes.

"Bloody hell!" Matt's legs began pumping toward the opposite end of the hangar, toward the city center. The way back to his ship was already blocked.

His voice yelped back to Bryce and Aerin through the comms.

"A little too late for frosty!"

[member="HK-36"]
RE : Manufacturing

Refinement of salvaged materials for greater resale. We've cut out the middle-man and now focus on doing it ourselves. Currently doing custom molds and poured metal for several companies and products. Non-salvaged metals can be melted down too if you prefer that but the cost will be extremely higher. The sector of space we're currently set up in a gold mine for scrap.

-J. Dashiell

[member="Matthew Robinson"]
RE : Offer

Dr.Robinson,

Was my offer not generous enough? Feel free to come with your own terms and conditions.

-J.Dashiell

Matthew Robinson

One week after surviving the zombie apocalypse...

Sorry for the late response, mate. Just got finished with some barmy work on Adarlon. Let's meet in-person and discuss more. I can meet you a ways out of TKO if you need me to. Name the place, give her a date, and I'll be there.

-Matt

[member="Matthew Robinson"] ,

Celestia Station, Tabaqui orbit. One standard month from this date. I can send a transport out to you should you need it. Bit of a trip but its best I try to persuade you in person.

-Judah

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom