Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's just a flesh wound!

Standing on one of the many training grounds that were on Tython, I had been watching the contestants of a sparring match. while they were very good at their respective forms, they were not using accuracy, and looked to be scared of the lightsaber. Swinging at each other with their spines bent backwards. I only smiled and shook my head. Moving my gaze to a different pair. The two women were lunging for each others throats. They must have been Jedi guardians by how rigorous they were slamming each other.

Standing in the corner all alone, even though I was not an official Jedi, I considered myself to be one. A person who fought for the freedoms of the guilty and innocent, and someone who was willing to put their neck on the line for someone of no prior knowledge. I had a hold of my dualphase lightsaber in my right hand. Flipping the dual phase switch with a twist of my thumb. My saber was not active, but merely I was messing with the buttons on the weapon of old.

It was once used thousands of year ago when it replaced swords, but I only wonder, what would be the new revolutionary weapon that people would use after the lightsaber? Would it even be in my lifetime? Still I thought about these things as I stood and watched others duke it out.

@[member="Saran Drast"].

Saran stepped out into the training grounds, watching the duels unfold. The padawan that dueled, with training blades, were scared of contact with their opponent's weapon. Others were in a rabid display of Form I blocks and parries. But the most interesting one to Saran was @[member="Xander Carrick"], who stood by and watched the fights. Slowly approaching him, she asked: "Why do you stand alone?"

I watched as others still fought. Teachers going around helping when needed. I looked around to see a woman with what looked like to be a sleeping mask over her eyes walk up to me like she had the most perfect vision in the galaxy. Maybe she was Blind? I knew that there was one race of people that were blind, but had the force to help them see. Started with an M? Mirka? maybe? oh well, maybe later on I could look it up.

With the woman's voice speaking to me I nodded my head. "I watch the flaws of others to fix my own. Seeing how others fight so I can create my own balance." The answer was simple yet complicated at the same time. I watched the foot work of others. Seeing how some tripped up slightly or had the wrong foot forwards and it would lessen the power potential of the strike they were sending. But only now did I look away to speak to the woman. "I'm Xander Carrick, Its nice to meet you Miss?" I posed a question for her to answer what her name was. but if she didn't I wouldn't mind. I knew that some liked to keep their name from others in case something were to happen.

@[member="Saran Drast"]

"Saran. You won't get better by only watching. What say you we see how good you are?" She asked. Saran hoped the padawan agreed. Even if he was no good, Saran was bored.
@[member="Xander Carrick"]

I smiled as Saran gave me her name, then gave me a slight challenge. I nodded my head once. Walking away from the wall, I took a stance of my Shien form with the reverse grip, and with my left hand forwards for balance, I activated my yellow lightsaber. "Why not?" I then moved into action.

Quickly I closed the gap between us with a pair of slashes, first from right to left, and second from left to right. And with the continuation of the attack, I lashed out my left hand to blast a force push at the woman. Aimed for her feet of all places. Being aimed at the feet was unusual and would most likely not be thought of. So I could get a pretty good chance to send her flying into the air, rather than tumbling over herself on the ground.

@[member="Saran Drast"]

Saran stood in an Form I opening stance, drawing her shoto to her hand. She somersaulted up, her saber coming down towards @[member="Xander Carrick"]'s head, her feet no longer where his blast of force hit. The swings she blocked with a flash of her shoto, and he would need to bring the blade up before hers connected.

The shoto came out of nowhere. As much as it was a smaller weapon, I knew that my wide arcs would give opportunity for her to get under my reach and strike. And with her coming down at me from the air, I had to act fast. Slinging my blade up towards her Lightsaber shoto, I smacked her blade away from me. My saber then swirled around in my hand after two years of practice in changing to the Shii-cho form, also known as Form I.

My saber then came out in a fury of strikes. Aiming for the right shoulder, then the right leg, to the left leg, and the right arm again. if I were to beat a shoto sized blade I needed to use brute for against the smaller lightsaber. Becuase using precision now, would only make it easy for @[member="Saran Drast"].

Saran called her main blade to her hand, offsetting the lack of ability as of yet. Her mainland now in use, she let the padawan press his fight. He was good, she'd give him that, but she had fought with others much more used to combat than him. The parries, coming in the classic Zone 2,3 and 5,6 attacks, could be done with ease, both blades flashing in tandem. @[member="Xander Carrick"] would need a few more tricks to draw blood.

A second saber came out of nowhere when my attacks came down, and were blocked. I smiled as she now had a standard saber, and a Shoto. Still sending attacks I backed off for one second, letting her gain some movement when I began again. This time, my saber came from the right and when I started for a stab, my saber suddenly became almost a foot longer as I stabbed forwards.

This is what's called Dual phase lightsaber. I rather like the idea, and have used it a few times, but never had the need to. Seeing as how this woman had two saber, I opted to make her stay further back with a longer blade. If need be then I can shorten the saber once more to deal with the Shotosaber. or even try something that I have only heard of once. Maybe it would work, but I will use it later.

@[member="Saran Drast"]

The blade extended into where Saran had been moments before, as the Miraluka flipped away, her blades released from contact. The Shoto flickered off, and she held her mainhand with both. In a standard guard, she prepared for him to close the gap again. Tricks and blade length aside, she had an idea that could work, based of what she had heard of a rarely used form. She smiled, and watched @[member="Xander Carrick"]'s reaction.

She did not falter with my sudden change in blade length. I could only smile as she took a stance with the single saber. I knew that she would be expecting me to attack like I had before. Only this time, I would not. I reverted my saber back to its true size and took the reverse stance of Shien, and stood there. Making both of us look like fighting statues that were frozen in time.

Our blades humming as we stood there, I could only chuckle slightly as I waited for her to move the ball back into my court. Her move now.
@[member="Saran Drast"]

Back to a standard Form V stance. Well, darn. So much for that. She needed him on offence, and unreserved. Why the Shien variant, though? That was from blast deflection, not dueling. Ah, well. He had his reasons.

Still staying out of reach, Saran beta to pull on his blade, attempting to pull it out of his hand. If it worked, @[member="Xander Carrick"] would be left weaponless. If it failed, Saran's telekinitic call would go to the blade held on her belt. Either way, when it was done, two full-length blades would be active in her hands.

I was not one for the force. Seeing as I had no real power in my hands ether. My saber was taken from me. I smiled as she took the saber. as she did so, I reached out for the second on on her belt, getting my own blade to use, before the lightsaber hilt had even slapped into my hand, I was charging her. and as I did so, the saber came on at the last second to send an upper cut in the reverse Shien form.

However there was a change. as the saber came up, it shut off. the hilt swinging close to her then coming back on as I came down with an over head slice. I had never seen anyone preform the tactic, but I thought that I created my own form of confusing my adversary, by shutting of my blade for an attack, then coming down with the real one.
@[member="Saran Drast"]

As the crimson saber lept to life in his hand, Saran swung her blade down to meet it. But it was gone. And he activated it again up high, barely giving her time to block. But his blade met it, yellow on crimson. She spun to the side, deactivated the yellow blade, and struck out with her own as @[member="Xander Carrick"]'s original blade snapped back on.

it looked as though she was using this form as well. Barely blocking my attack I smiled. As she came around with her own saber, the crimson one that I held blocked hers, and as my yellow saber came out for my own blood, I jumped back to let the saber cut through my clothes that didn't quite make it. I took a step back letting the crimson blade come in to slice at her again and sent a force push to follow.

@[member="Saran Drast"]

Saran ducked the blade, but his push hit her head, knocking her eye covering off. She smiled, drawing both blades up in a defensive guard, and waited. Her eye sockets were now visible, and she pointed the vestigial black holes directly at him. @[member="Xander Carrick"] would have to come to her.

She had black pits for eyes. at first it frightened me. Then I pushed it from my mind. She could still see me even though she was blind, Standing there letting me come to her. I smiled as she did so. "You always wait on me." and as soon as I said that, I moved once more. My body became a blur as I used force dash to seen a saber towards her neck line, then back across her chest. and soon followed with a kick to the knee.

@[member="Saran Drast"]

@[member="Xander Carrick"]'s blade deactivated as he swung, as Saran kept switching it off. The kick, however, hit, and she gritted her teeth. Wrenching the blade from his hand and throwing out behind him, she spun, each blade coming in at a different angle. The yellow off-hand to his knees, barely clipping it, and the purple to his side, intending to give him a small cut. Her foot, however, connected full force to his chest, and the knight used that to gain distance. Again.

As my red saber that I had been using was yanked from my hand I had to dodge her attacks. One to the knees, simple pop of my feet let the blade slide under my body doing no harm. The second blade came to my chest. Bowing my back to lean forwards the saber blade once again cut through clothing. as the tip came to burn the slightly growing hair on my stomach. Her kick then came for my chest. by side stepping and bringing my left hand up. I grabbed her ankle and came down with my elbow at her own knee.

I quickly turned the palm of my hand to her purple saber and blasted with a force push. Intending to make it fly form her hands. and with my right hand called on my own yellow saber to yank from her own hand. The saber was then twisted down to a point where the saber would be held just before it could touch the woman's neck line.

@[member="Saran Drast"]

Saran yelped as @[member="Xander Carrick"] brought his elbow down. But that was the least of her pain. When the force push his her hand, she screamed. Pain shot through her entire being, and as she lost her grip on his saber, she lay on the ground struggling to not lash out, not hurt him. She could hardly contain it. Her shoto was out, but inactive. Laying there, she was barely aware that he held up a blade to her throat. She heard her saber crash on the ground, as far away as it could possibly fly. The pain in her wrist was residing, and she spoke to the padawan with gritted teeth, "Ouch." She reached out in the force, grasping his ankles, and ripping his legs out from under him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom