Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private It's Been A While

Astrid Ylva

A

astrid4.png

Astriddivider4.png

astridprofile.png

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Frosthold
Tag | Dorian Durinson Dorian Durinson

"Dorian,

I am indeed in strong spirits! Health? Well, it would depend on who you ask. I had to fight off some of the pack after the Massacre. I suppose they questioned if I was fit to make the bigger decisions surrounding the well-being of Clan Ylva. I can say, I held back on a few, but unfortunately, one was not so lucky. You don't owe me any apology. I promise I don't hold it over you. I will say, I miss our youth and the times where we would play at the Fjords! Alas, those days have gone but I do reflect upon them often. I am replying to your letter in hopes I can offer you a warm place to stay and a meal to eat - in exchange for your company. It has been too long and too much time has passed in between visits. So, I extend a warm welcome to you - and hope to see you walk with me among the halls of Frosthold.

I await your reply.

Sincerely,

Astrid."

Astriddivider4.png

He broke his fast on something light. Three hard-boiled eggs, as many pieces of bacon, a honey roll, and a flagon of brown ale with lemon. Parchment, ink, and black raven feather quill were laid out before him on an increasingly cluttered desk as his breakfast continued to go untouched. Her message was there as well. The one he had been struggling to respond to. A dozen or more crumpled half-started letters lay strewn on the desk and over the rushes on the floor.

Cérmæ, guide me. He thought as he picked the raven quill up once more. A knock at his solar door interrupted his flailing attempts at choosing words.

“Come in.” He called, grateful for the distraction. In came Rogar, one of his men.

“Captain.” Rogar greeted with a nod. He was a slender man, skinny as a spear and thrice as deadly when holding one. He was only twenty years older than Dorian, hardly more than fifty, and yet his hair that went braided down his back stopping just above his butt had all gone grey, yet some black remained in his well-maintained beard. “She’s been found.”

“Where?” Dorian asked, getting to his feet and preparing himself for travel. He stood a head and half taller than Rogar and was nearly twice as wide with thick muscles that even hidden as they were now under a layer of warm fur clothing made Dorian look hard and strong as a block of stone.

“Exactly where you suspected,” Rogar answered as Dorian swept by him and out the door, a large wooden chest in his arms. Rogar followed a step behind for a while before they took leave of each other as they left the great hall of Hardhaven and headed toward the town at the foot of the hill on the bay. Hardhaven the city was a great mess of a settlement where old mixed with new as it seemed to grow larger and larger each year. The wealth of the city had declined over the last three centuries as their people were nearly extinguished and yet the population of the city grew and grew as life outside of the walls became more and more perilous.

The sun was hardly peeking over the bay to the west and for the most part, the city still slept as Dorian walked through the mist that carpeted the streets. The smell of baking bread told him that several of the city’s bakers had begun preparing for a day of work and there was a crowing of cocks greeting the still pink-blue rising sun but for the most part he walked in silence until reaching a small tavern near the docks.

The city may be sleeping but the docks were awake and alive. For someone with enhanced hearing, the noise of the place could be enough to be a soreness right between their ears. A man shouted to his crew as they loaded two dozen or more large crates into the belly of a large cog. Another much smaller ship was from the smell of it full of blubber and shelled fish began unloading its rather pungent hall onto carts to be wheeled to the dockside market. His eyes lingered longest on the longship moored to the dock. A fifty-oar bench Drakkar made from ebon dark, stone strong yronwood found in the black forest to the north of Hardhaven. A fearsome dragon’s head was carved into the prow with rubies larger than a man’s head for eyes.

Bold.

Entering the tavern Dorian set his chest down on a table by the door, lifted the lid, and took from it a leather pouch.

“You ‘ere for dem?” A woman asked, jabbing a thumb toward a back room. She was taking chairs from the tops of tables and setting them right on the floor and wiping down the table tops, getting ready for business.

“Good guess,” Dorian said with a smile.

“Don’ wan’ no blood in ‘ere if it can be helped.” The woman said once she took note of the two-handed great ax across his back and the sax and Skeggøx on his belt. Dorian just continued smiling as he pushed open the door and entered the back room.

It was madness. There were half a hundred warriors packed into the room, four different drinking songs were being sung seemingly with the goal of drowning out the others to the point that words could not be understood and it sounded more like the shouts of battle or the cries of childbirth, actual shouts were coming from the back corner as a group of the warriors gambled at orleg or drinking, he dare not look to see but Dorian was certain he could also hear the distinct sounds of mating. A howl rose above the rest of the noise loud and long until all else went silent and still.

A woman warrior pushed her way from the back of the dimly lit room, a horn of ale in her hand. His eye however was drawn to her full weapons belt. Sax, sword, bearded hand axe and a blacksmith’s hammer hung about her waist. She wore animal hide pants and boots, and a scaled leather chest plate stained black over a black iron ring shirt. A fearsome red-eyed dragon was stitched into the leather.

“Look who’s walked into our celebration!” She shouted to the rest of them half-sauntering, half-stumbling to where he stood. She was tall for a female, close to six and a half feet, and yet he still needed to look down to meet her eyes. No, her eye; Her right eye was hidden behind a thin leather corded patch, raw painful looking scars clawed past the edges of the patch but her left eye was a fierce icy blue.

“A son of Durin has come down from on his hill!” She shouted turning this way and that to make sure she had every last warrior's attention. The silence that hung over them like a pall was a sign that she had it.

“What brings you down her Durinsblood, surely you don’t mean to put an end to our revelry!?” She yelled with a laugh though none joined in her mirth. There was the sound of chair legs scraping over the wooden floor and the scratch of scabbards being shaken loose but no laughter.

She moved faster than he could react, faster than he could see, faster than he could think. Her arms flew around his neck and pulled him into a tight embrace.

“Let’s drink!” She yelled, yielding just enough space to plant a hard kiss on his cheek. The room erupted in a cheer as she dragged Dorian to a table and shoved him roughly onto a seat. She left him to go back to the place in the room she had emerged from but he was not alone at the table. Across from him in charcoal grey robes nursing a bowl of stew was a young man near his own age.

“Vali.” Dorian greeted.

“Blessings to you, Dorian. How do you fare?” Vali said, breaking up a layer of grease atop his stew.

“Blessings to you,” Dorian responded courteously. “How do I fare? Quite well Vali to look upon your face. I had feared you had gotten yourself killed.” It had been three years since he watched Vali ride out the northern gate of the city and this was the last place on Islimore he would’ve thought to find him.

“Cérmæ smiled on me, there is no doubting that,” Vali said with a smile.

“You seem different, Vali.” Dorian told the man.

“How so?”

Dorian studied Vali. The two had practically grown up together. Vali was a cousin or a nephew or something to Dorian’s mother. He had never been what one would call ‘robust’, both skinny and short Vali was never confused with a warrior but he had always been sharp of mind and had never been fearful, so instead of being a part of the shield wall, Vali was Vateos. The vateos were keepers of histories, and records of births, deaths, and matings. Creators of law, and leaders of the Pilgrimage.

“Your hair for one. It’s gone.” Vali’s head was shaved bald but his beard had grown to a fierce wolf tangle of rusted wool and he was no longer just skinny. He had turned gaunt and hard like an iron skeleton wrapped in flesh. “Is that how the savages prefer you to look or did you catch fleas?”

“Are you truly asking or just making jokes?” Vali asked sharply, still stirring his stew. Dorian just shrugged. When Vali had left three years ago to go on a mission in the Yronwood forest to try his hand at living amongst the feral savages that lived there, Dorian had been sure his kinsman’s head would have been sent back to them within a day, two at the most but it had been three years and Dorian had found no sign of Vali anytime he had been forced to range through the black trees though he had looked for him.

Vali seemed to decide the shrug was an invitation to explain his new look.

“The pack…” Vali paused to give Dorian a black look when he snorted derisively. “The pack that I lived with, the Vultúir, once a member of the pack has their first change and spills blood in a battle, their own and an enemy’s, they have their head shaved and keep it that way. It’s the mark of a warrior. Even their women participate in the practice, in fact, their alpha was female.” He finished.

“And I suppose you convinced this wildling to let you live by becoming her concubine?” Dorian asked with a laugh. Vali’s response was to turn a deep shade of red.

“Better to be a whore than to be dead.” The one-eyed warrior said returning to the table with a flagon, three drinking horns, and two bowls of the stew. She poured a horn for each of them and slid a bowl of stew to Dorian. It was cold with a thick layer of congealed fat and grease on top.

“It’s from yesterday. Venison, barley, onion, carrots, potatoes, and I had the woman fry up some bacon and throw it in.” She explained as she tipped the bowl up and slurped a mouthful of the stew. Dorian had no more appetite now than he’d had in his solar. However, he found himself with a thirst, lifting the horn to his lips he was surprised to taste sour blueberry mead, not the thick brown ale he had smelled when he came in.

“Is this…?” He asked her.

“One of my dad’s last batches I’d wager. Only the best for the son of The Protector.” She said.
“What were you two chatting about before I interrupted?” She asked the two of them.

“Ways I have changed,” Vali answered. “So far was have gotten to my hair or lack of such.”

“You carry steel as well,” Dorian said of the bearded black wood-handled axe on Vali’s belt. “You being in this room with this particular crew and carrying a weapon? Looks like you’ve traded one set of raiders for another.”

“Is that why you’re here, Dorian? To see me hanged?” She stared at him with her one blue eye while taking a long draft from her horn.

“You are a criminal accused of treason, Malinda. As the captain of the Alpha’s guard and leader of the army, it would be my duty to bring you to justice.” Dorian said taking a drink as well.

“Ha! You save me from the end of one rope just to see me at the end of yours? I think not, Gallow-Slayer.”

The Gallows-Slayer. That is what he had been called since the day he put an end to the wildling Chief, Rik, King of the Gallow Wood, in single combat.

They circled each other. Dorian, the son of one Alpha and brother to another, wrought in royal ringmail, and Rik, a giant in mismatched pieces of plate armor stolen from the dead. Two hundred corpses hung overhead–a silent eyeless audience. The newest corpses had been hung no more than two days earlier, the oldest were so old they’d turned green-black and rotted through their ropes crashing to the forest floor below, bloated and stinking. Steel screamed against steel as the two warriors met in a flurry. One clash turned to two and then three, again and again until it seemed to just end with the spring snow greedily drinking Rik’s lifeblood.

Their duel had started with the sun barely in the sky and it had taken him until the sun started to set the following day to cut down, bury, and perform The Rites for every Lupo in the wood, Rik included. Five-thousand crows watched chittering and squawking in their crow-speech while their feast was laid to rest.

Dorian laughed finished his mead wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and Malinda poured him another.

“If you’re not here to clasp me in iron, Dorian, why are you here?” She asked.

“I can’t come and have a drink with an old friend?” He asked trying to sound offended going so far as to put his hand over his heart in mock outrage.

“You never have.” She answered coldly.

“You’re never here. When was the last time you docked in the city? Half a year? Longer?” He retorted.

“Like I even could come back here. You said yourself, I am a criminal wanted for treason. As if it is treason to attack your enemies or visit vengeance on those who have harmed you.” She snorted a laugh.

“It is treason to disobey your Alpha.” He reminded her

“My Alpha is locked in a cage somewhere or have you forgot?” She blazed.

Dorian took a small sip of his mead. He would not be baited by her.

“And how exactly does raiding the human’s fishing villages and dockside hamlets get that cage open?”

“Better something than nothing.” She replied bitterly.

“Until that something sees Durin pay for it with his life.”

She gave him a dismissive wave but did not continue to argue. She knew as well as he did, that as long as Durin remained a prisoner of The Fayth, Clan Kanaka could not risk open retaliation against them.

“I have another brother I wish to speak with you about,” Dorian said.

“I swear I turned those twins away every time they showed up at the dock.” She said hastily, bringing a wide grin to Dorian’s face. Those boys are so eager for glory they are just as likely to get themselves killed as they are to put in a saga song.
“No. Declan has come back.”

He studied her. Dorian’s brother Declan had gone missing–a presumed victim of the humans–nearly two decades ago when Dorian was only a pup yet to make his change. Malinda and Declan were close, the best of friends until shortly before Declan’s disappearance and Dorian was unsure how she would take this news.

“I don’t see him here with you,” she said.

“Back to Islimore, I mean. Well, he had been here but you were not so that doesn’t much matter. Anyway, he has gone south with the twins and a few others including your uncle, to find Durin. Hljóðleva, do you know of it?”

“The old ruin? Yeah, I know it. Wait…are you asking if I will sell my sword and go help Declan and his merry band?” She asked.

“Not exactly.”

“Then what’s the bag of silver for?”

“Okay, fine. Exactly.”

“It seems I’m not the only one here willing to commit treason.” She said, gleefully drinking her horn of mead.

No, you’re not.

“What if he…what if Declan does not want my help?” She asked and for the first time in many many years, she sounded like that girl from the village that his brother used to fancy.

“Why should he not?” Dorian asked. “I would think him glad to see you after so long with how close you were.”

“How close we were?” She asked stunned at his words. “Before he disappeared, we had not spoken for a year. I tried to see him before he rode off to face the Anasi of the wilds with your brother and father. I did not know if he would come back. He didn’t say a word to me and he never came to see me after he returned.”

“It was never the same after Erik.” She said. “One day Declan comes to our village as he did so very often. On this day our uncle was with him. A good man our uncle he had risen high to a place among Durin IV’s guard. Anyway, Declan and uncle Gunar come to the village, your brother must’ve been fourteen at the time. Declan and my uncle spent three days teaching everyone willing or able how to craft a spear and how to use one–”

We are sworn to protect you! Your brother called to the village. But we can not be everywhere all at once. So we will teach you how to protect yourselves should the worst ever happen. Your brother was a sweet boy and he cared for others in that way. One day he brought wooden swords just to play and found my brother Erik to be a natural so my brother got to go live in a castle. A year later he went on a hunt with your brother and fell through some ice. Declan came back out and Erik didn’t.” for a moment it seemed as if she would cry but could not remember how.

“I told Declan…I told him, I did not blame him. I told him softly that it wasn’t his fault. I told him sternly to brook no argument, yet we still grew apart. I lost my brother and my best friend. It did not seem fair.”

“It were not fair what happened to your brother.” Dorian agreed. “And my own should have seen past his feelings. I do not blame you but when you lied to him, Declan handled that poorly.”

“Lied to him?” She was aghast

“Yes, lied to him. It was his fault.” Dorian had been but a pup but he knew well of the incident that led to her brother’s untimely end. “Declan’s choices put your brother in that water and he knew that as well as anyone but he was the Alpha’s son. Who would dare tell him that? No one; instead they told him that mistakes happen. that leadership meant seeing those beneath you die. My brother did not need absolution from you. He needed to hear that you hated him for what happened even if you did still love him. He needed to know what he felt about himself was true. Everyone always thought Declan tried to get out of being responsible. The truth was that Declan always felt responsible…always. My brother had a soft heart.”

“Your brother’s heart was the only thing soft about him.” She said smiling once again. “Okay, Gallow-Slayer, for that sack of coin my crew and I will do what we can.”

“You have my thanks but I need something else from you. Treason is treason at this point, I need passage.”

“South to your brothers?” She asked.

“North.”

Two days later and Dorian was hard at work at an oar bench. The muscles in his back and arms screamed for reprieve and despite the frigid wind blowing across the black icy waters of the Great North Sea sweat poured from him but every time he even thought of quitting or even slowing down he need only look over to see Vali pulling his weight and knew he could not do any less. One of Malina’s crew came to relieve him. He stood, stretched, heard, and felt every bone in his body crack or pop. He groaned loud and long and the seasoned sea wolves all laughed at the son of an Alpha who had worked an oar bench for the first time in several years. Dorian like his brothers and father before him had made several trips north of their domain to Frosthold, the seat of Clan Ylva, distant kinsman and longtime allies. There they learned everything they would need to about ships and ship craft or that was the idea anyway. Dorian had spent as much time following after Astrid as he did on a ship.

Somethings never change

He could not say how much longer it took him to be awoken to Malinda shouting for the oars to come up as they docked at Frosthold. Dorian said his goodbyes. Rummaged through the chest he had carried all the way from Hardhaven dressing in the best finery he owned. He wore black leather from head to heel save for the white fur cloak wrapped around his shoulders large and proud.

He found a dockman, and handed him his chest and two silvers, telling him to make sure it ended up at the castle proper.

When he finally reached Frosthold he was ushered through the place, thought to be no more than one of many who sought an audience with The Alpha. Dorian waited patiently as issue after issue was presented to Astrid. When his turn came the herald leaned close to ask his name and his business. Dorian pushed past the man.

“Dorian Durinson of Clan Kanaka!” He yelled to the gathered crowd. Dorian knelt in front of Astrid.

“I could not think of what to write.”

Astrid Ylva

Astrid Ylva

A

astrid4.png

Astriddivider4.png

astridprofile.png

Outfit | Tattered remains of her white cloth gown.
Location | Frosthold

She sat upon the throne, still half-clothed from an earlier transformation. Her legs were crossed at the knees as she listened to the next grievance, licking clean the blood from her arm. As her tongue grazed her pale flesh, she caught a scent that was familiar and even familial. She perked up and dropped both feet to the cold floor, rising as he called out amongst the crowd.

"Dorian Durinson of Clan Kanaka!" He would yell to the gathered crowd, and as he knelt before her, Astrid moved in and leaned down to bring his gaze up to her own.

"I could not think of what to write."

"You being here is much better than a letter, cousin." She leaned in and nuzzled him gently, placing her head against his. She closed her eyes and whispered. "The blood of the Fayth-ful..." She rubbed a semi-dry bloodied hand across his cheek as she pulled away and turned back to her seat. "They're a stain which we must remove..." She paused to lean down, grabbing a larger humanoid bone, gently tapping it against the throne. She spun around and gently sat down, placing the bone across her lap.

"You arrived late of our festivities here, we just finished dealing with some...clan problems." She gestured sarcastically with the bone before tossing it aside, a few breaking from the crowd to retrieve it. "However, we do have some leftovers from our hunt - if you're hungry."

Astriddivider4.png

Dorian savored the feeling of her closeness. He swam in her scent. Wood smoke, frigid air, blood, and fear swirled about her and he wished for nothing else than to linger there with her. She lay a blood covered hand on his cheek and goosebumps shot down his flesh. She pulled away from him and he was half tempted to reach out and make her stay. That would be unbecoming however, here in front of half her court, yes, her court.

She is alpha here.
He had to remind himself. She was no longer just Astrid who would mock and tease him with her fierce blue eyes, no longer were they children who took turns daring one another to do all manner of foolish deed or who got drunk after stealing a cask of his father's mead, she yet remained the first girl he'd ever kissed but that was a lifetime ago and she had become a woman now, as wild and beautiful as the wolf that was her soul.

"The blood of the Fayth-ful…

…They're a stain which we must remove..."

She said looking down on him from her high-seat

"We are of one mind in this, cousin. Would that I could move my Alpha's heart to this end." He tread carefully as he spoke. He desired to be honest with Astrid but it would not serve him to speak ill of Yasmine and her decrees no matter how he may feel of them, she was his Alpha and was due his loyalty even if he had broken her law by coming here.

"You arrived late of our festivities here, we just finished dealing with some...clan problems." She gestured sarcastically with the bone before tossing it aside, a few breaking from the crowd to retrieve it.

Her mention of problems only now drew his attention to the state of her dress. Her clothes were in tatters and stained with blood.

. "However, we do have some leftovers from our hunt - if you're hungry." She continued.

That is not what I hunger for. He thought as he stared at her practically naked figure stained with the blood of her enemy.

"Perhaps later. Tell me of your troubles, I would seek to lessen them." He said rising to his feet.

Astrid Ylva

Astrid Ylva

A

astrid4.png

Astriddivider4.png

astridprofile.png

Outfit | XoXo - Armor (Unused) Outfit | XoXo - Cloak (Used) | XoXo - Dress (Unused)
Location Frosthold

"My troubles...?"

She sneered at the notion, baring whitened fangs to her cousin. She rose from her seat just as fast as she had sat down, slinging the excess of the tattered cloth over her shoulder. "Come with me..." She walked softly, bare flesh pressing against the blackened marble floors. Her movements were fluid and her body seemed to glide across the room. She came upon a blackened metal door, her hand would reach up to grasp the handle - opening it slowly.

The stench of feces and blood filled the air as the inside was exposed to the world beyond. The pale light would cast inwards, basking the interior room in an eerie glow. Astrid stepped inside, motioning for Dorian to follow. Within the room the sounds of whimpering could be heard from beyond and Astrid came upon a second door, pushing it open to reveal the source of the whimpering. A Zorathi was bound to the floor in chains, battered and bruised, his breaths were heavy and labored.

As they stepped into the second room, another Lupo came out of seemingly nowhere, towering over Astrid. She didn't even bother to look back, already knowing who it was.

"Has he talked...?" She said coldly, staring down the male before her.

The larger Lupo said nothing, and Astrid replied. "I see..." She turned to him, gently placing a hand upon his chest. "Go, Bjarg, I will handle it from here."

The larger Lupo appeared to linger until Astrid turned away and only then did he move away from her, and through the exit he left, leaving the two of them with the prisoner.

"This creature knows where some Fayth are hiding up here in the North..." She gestured at the man before them. "These are my problems, that come from the South." She said bluntly.

Astriddivider4.png

wolfie4.png

Islimore_Divider_1.png

Wearing | Location | Tags​

"Come with me..." She said rising from her high seat to glide past him. He followed her. as he always did. as he always knew he would.

She led him through an antechamber, through the smell of blood and soil, the smell of death. This was perhaps not what he had expected. What had he expected? What had he hoped for by coming here to her? Whatever it was it was not this.

His lip curled into a wordless snarl at the sight of the chains. Exile was considered by many of their kind the worst punishment one could receive. To be forced from Clan and family to be made packless was to see the death of their honor and their hope for none were as distrusted or looked upon with less favor than the exile. Dorian however would prefer the harsh, cruel, and often short life of exile to a life in chains.

The creature that lay bloody, beaten, and broken at his feet would surely agree.

From the dark of the room emerged another from her pack. A low threatening growl formed in Dorian’s throat at the massive male wolf. If the other wolf noticed he paid no mind. Astrid questioned Bjarg, the massive one for a moment before dismissing him, leaving the two of them alone with the bound and beaten wolf at their feet.

"This creature knows where some Fayth are hiding up here in the North..." She gestured at the man before them. "These are my problems, that come from the South." She said bluntly.

It was not often you found Wolves working against their kind in service to the humans. The humans hated Wolves just as much as Wolves hated them but it did happen. Dorian’s own family history was besmirched with one such traitor, Boremund Fayth-Branded. The notion left him ill at ease. Surely The Fayth were not so far north as to trouble Astrid. They could not have crossed his brother’s land, not in any great number, and ever the sea was guarded.

Trúirðu hálfgerðinni?” He asked her, dubious of the chained wolf’s words.

Astrid Ylva

Islimore_Divider_1.png

Astrid Ylva

A

astrid4.png

Astriddivider4.png

astridprofile.png

Outfit | XoXo - Cloak | XoXo - Armor (Unused) | | XoXo - Dress (Unused)
Location | Throne Room, Frosthold

Astrid shrugged lightly, something she rarely did. "Skiptir það máli?" She turned to give him a soft glance before turning back to the Broken One before her, she'd kneel down, placing a bare skinned knee against the bloodied floor. A hand would extend, and touch the swollen cheek, gently caressing the bruised and torn flesh. "Þú þráir að gefa út Death..."

He'd gaze at her, and with a broken voice would mutter. "Please..."

She leaned in closer, coming mere inches from his ear, whispering. "Segðu mér hvað ég vil vita..."

The exchange would be brief, but she would gain the knowledge she sought. She simply rose up and whistled ever so softly. Her whistle attracted the attention of Bjarg, whose thunderous footsteps rattled the metal door.

"Take him to the healers, have him taken care of and sent home." She looked back down once more before gazing upon Dorian, gesturing for him to follow once more. "And now cousin, we know the location of the scum," She pressed through the first room and back into the open throne room, gesturing to two guards standing near the door. "Please see to the cleaning of the room." They would bow and comply as Bjarg exited the room, carrying the unconscious form of the Zorathi.

She made her way towards the throne, snapping fingers and barking orders left and right - a different type of Astrid, the Alpha. Before long, the throne room had a table with a complete map of the North - right before her seat.

Astriddivider4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
wolfie4.png

Islimore_Divider_1.png

Wearing | Location | Tags​

Yes. He thought. Though he did not challenge her. He watched his cousin and her prisoner. Soft words and a gentle touch drew a rumble from Dorian’s wolf but it seemed to have done the trick as the bloody and beaten wolf finally revealed what he knew.

"Take him to the healers, have him taken care of and sent home."

She bid him follow, but Dorian stood rooted on the spot as the massive Wolf Bjarg attended to the feeble creature chained to the floor. Her decision of mercy had left Dorian dumb. If this were his hall, the only mercy traitors would receive was at the end of a rope.

But it is not your hall. He reminded himself.

Astrid showed her command with orders being given to those who filled the throne room. Movement swirled about him as things were cleared and cleaned to make room for a long table holding a map of The North. His fingers lightly traced over places so familiar who could walk them again when he closed his eyes.

He could feel the dark icy waters of the scared pool, Svartur Spegill, Could smell the bitter leaves of the yronwood, and hear the thunderous cracks of the ice walls. To think The Fayth were encamped somewhere in his home troubled him greatly.

Ég er þér til þjónustu

Astrid Ylva

Islimore_Divider_1.png

Astrid Ylva

A

astrid4.png

Astriddivider4.png

astridprofile.png

Outfit | XoXo - Cloak
Location | Frosthold, Throne Room

"Ég er þér til þjónustu" He spoke as she contently gazed upon him before her. She stood and walked over with the bone in hand, tapping it against her other hand gently, almost in thought. She sighed happily and tossed the bone behind her, the sound of clanking against marble echoed through the room as Astrid splayed her hands out across the map. She searched, feeling around, gazing at the different features and land masses.

She would "Ah-hah." and slap her hand down upon a mountainous region. "They hide at the base of the Northern Mountains, in a village called Skal." Astrid stood up from the table, hands gripping the fur lined cloak, pulling it about her naked form tighter. "We shall not disturb the villagers, instead, we go directly for the Fayth." She turned back to Dorian and gestured. "They are in a small house, on the edges of town." She nodded and moved back to the throne, touching the cold steel with her fingertips.

"I want you to go with me..." She turned to gaze upon him, slowly. Her eyes appeared to be dilating with excitement at the anticipation of the bloodshed to come.

Astriddivider4.png

wolfie4.png

Islimore_Divider_1.png

Wearing | Location | Astrid Ylva

Dorian finally took his eyes from her when Astrid slammed her hands in the map. His eyes gave it a once over. He would take his Cousin's word that a village did indeed lay where she suggested on the map.

"We shall not disturb the villagers, instead, we go directly for the Fayth." Astrid said.

His whipped around to study her. Surely, she did not mean it. He would not argue with her in front of her own people but he hoped someone one would have sense enough to speak what must be said.

She nodded and moved back to the throne, touching the cold steel with her fingertips.

"I want you to go with me..." She turned to gaze upon him, slowly. Her eyes appeared to be dilating with excitement at the anticipation of the bloodshed to come.

"Is it even a question?" He asked with a grin. Of course he would go with her. He always went with her. He had been nine when Astrid dared him to race across the ice in the bay. He had nearly drowned when he fell in but she had pulled him from the freezing water.

Dorian went to her. He took her hand in his.

"Of course I will go with you," he said quietly. "But none can be left living in that village. To let even one remain alive would be to invite retaliation and they still hold my brother captive."

Islimore_Divider_1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom