Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's a Date Then

It had been a week since Adenn had seen Hawk. A long week for him, one filled with trepidation for what would come at the end of it. He had reminded Hawk of that date that she promised him, and he had decided to cash in on it. That’s why he found himself here, standing outside of the Oyubaat; the oldest cantina/bar on Mandalore. It had all the rustic charm of Mandalorians, and great drinks and food to boot.

Adenn had contacted Hawk awhile back, reminding her of where they were meeting and when. She had remembered, thankfully, and they had agreed on the time. Now it was evening on Mandalore, and Adenn was waiting outside of the Oyubaat. He was looking around for Hawk, hoping to see her first, but knowing that she might be able to sneak up on him thanks to the crowds.

Hoping that wasn’t the case, especially not from behind, Adenn positioned himself at the corner of the building. There, he held some flowers behind his back. He had gotten them in the hopes of surprising Hawk with the gift. However, he didn't know if she was allergic or not and dearly hoped not.

Trying not to worry about it, Adenn simply continued to look around trying to spot Hawk. He’d wait as long as he needed for her to arrive, though hopefully it wouldn’t be too long.

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

Kelsie had no real intention of sneaking up on her Mandalorian friend. Maybe if he was already in the bar she would've, but the young woman spotted him as she bobbed and wove through the crowds of Mandalore. Last time she'd been here, well, she would've stood out a little in the crowds in her armor. But with her simple black leather jacket, jeans, and white shirt, the only thing that might draw attention would be her features.

She'd had an easy way there, her trusty YT-1300 doing the job well, especially with the few new modifications she'd already installed. The security of Keldabe had been surprisingly lax, at least to Kelsie, she had been able to keep her Enforcer and HL-27, though she kept them well hidden -- going someplace new while heavily armed was something she reserved for assignments and combat missions.

She finally approached Adenn, giving that perfect smile of hers as she did. "Hey, how've you been?" Her hair was braided behind her head, but she moved her hand up and brought it over her left shoulder. She'd heard of Oyu'baat and was eager to go inside, especially with the promise of some solid booze as well.

[member="Adenn Kyramud"]

As Adenn stood there, he didn't quite notice Hawk until she was practically on top of him. Before he could berate himself though, she was suddenly in front of him, smiling that perfect smile. At that, Adenn couldn't help but smile back when she spoke. Noting her clothing, Adenn looked down at what he was wearing; his full set of armor, minus some of the more combat oriented features, sans helmet, which was on his belt.. Then he looked Hawk in the eyes.

"I've been doing well. However, I just got a whole lot better seeing you Mesh'la." Then deciding now was better than later, Adenn shuffled a bit on his feet. "I have something for you." Then with a knowing smile, Adenn produced the flowers from behind his back.
Flowers_for_Hawk.jpg
Showing Hawk the flowers, he then holds them out for her. They're already in a small container, so that they can live longer.
"I didn't know what kind of flowers you liked, if any. So I got several." At that, Adenn smiled nervously before regaining his confidence.

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

Kelsie paused, looking over the flowers before taking them from him. She seemed to spend an awfully long time looking at them, before finally she gave a little sniff. They smelled lovely. And after that short pause her perfect smile returned once more. "That's really sweet, Adenn. Thank you..." She paused for a moment, then burst out laughing.

It took her a fair few seconds to stop, and she wiped a tear from her eye. "I mean, again, thanks, but flowers as we go to a Mandalorian bar?" As she said it out load she began to laugh once more, but attempted to stop herself. A few seconds later she gave a little nod. "I don't think they'll keep well inside, but I appreciate the thought," she said, reaching up and ruffling his hair.

She then took a step back and took a look at the entrance. "Shall we? It seems nice."

[member="Adenn Kyramud"]

When Hawk laughed, Adenn chuckled along a bit as well. He grinned in amusement at her comment, it was true, but he had a plan for that. Then his grin turned into a full on smile when she ruffled his hair, it felt nice.
"I suppose the won't keep well, but that's why I have a little plan." He said with a mischievous grin.

At that, Adenn reached forward and gently took the flowers back from her hand. Then, pulling a small red cloth from his back pocket, Adenn held the two objects side by side.
"I'm going to do a little magic trick, so that they will keep well, and not have to go inside."

With that said, Adenn spun the cloth around a bit, before placing them on the flowers. It was just big enough to cover the flowers themselves, but left the stems open to be seen. Making sure Hawk was paying attention, he then began to spin the flowers slowly. After a short moment, he began to spin it faster and faster, until the flowers were spinning in a blur and the red cloth was spread out wide, but still on top of it. Then, Adenn grinned before snapping his arm out to the side, hoping to draw Hawks eyes there. Once there, Adenn tossed up the flowers, pulled out another cloth, this one black.

Snapping his outstretched arm back to himself, Adenn did the same with the arm holding the flowers. There, he let them go, before rubber banding them back with a small string. He pulled them to himself, before pulling them behind his back, and then dragging his arm out into the open. Without the flowers in his hands. Adenn had just made the flowers disappear with a small trick he had learned from some force users. It was something to do with creating pockets of reality, or that's what they said. Adenn just knew that he could make things vanish and appear using it(bit of BS magic trick xD)

After doing the trick, Adenn spread his arms out wide, with a cloth in either hand, but no flowers.
"Tada! Now, they're in a safe place, for later." With that, Adenn grinned and took a small bow, before stashing the two cloths in his pouch. Then he spoke once more.

"I do think we shall." Then with a small flourish, Adenn bowed once more, and in doing so took a step forward towards the door. There, he held open the door for Hawk and with a flourish of his hand, bade her enter the Oyubaat. "After you mesh'la."

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

"Ooh, I'm excited already." Kelsie put her hands together and smiled, watching him as he performed his magic trick. Fascinating... of course, she was sure that she could do the same, given a little practice -- or just the will of the Force on her side. She wasn't exactly fooled by his feints and movements, but still she clapped and smiled once it was over. "You'll have to teach me that one sometime."

She took up his offer and soon stepped inside, and... well, she marvelled at the Mandalorian bar. It had a homey feel, as the best drinking holes did, bolo-ball matches playing on holovid screens in every corner, the booths and bars full with the armoured and always thick-looking Mandalorians. She suddenly remembered a bit of information about the place, it was where clan leaders often met or drank. A rather perfect place to stage an assassination, at least, if you knew what you were doing. Kelsie didn't have plans for any of that, but who knew where the night would go.

The young woman turned back to Adenn, and it could be rather apparent that she didn't quite fit in with this Mandalorian crowd, at least, not yet. Still she flashed that perfect smile, beckoning him in. "C'mon, let's find a seat."

[member="Adenn Kyramud"]

Adenn smiled to himself when Hawk clapped.
“A magician never reveals his secrets.” He said with a cheeky grin.

Then Adenn walked in behind her and looked around as well. Almost everyone here had armor on, as Mandos usually leave their beskar on. Quickly stepping up to Hawk, he patted her shoulder and smiled down at her. He nodded his head to what she said.
“Yes let’s.”

Adenn looked around the Oyubaat, there were tables and booths with several of both open. He didn’t know which one Hawk preferred, but thought about their second meeting. She had sat in a booth there, so Adenn decided to do the same here. He patted her shoulder again before going to lead her towards a booth. As they passed the bar, Adenn reached out and grabbed two special menus for them both.

At the booth, Adenn let Hawk sit down first before sitting down across from her. There he handed her a menu. There was Mando’a on the one side, and Galactic Basic under it, so non-natives could understand what it said. Adenn had grabbed that specifically so that Hawk could understand what it said.
"You know, I don't know that much about you. Would you mind if I asked you some questions?"

A few minutes later, a waiter came over, also in beskar, and asked for their orders. Adenn motioned for hawk to order first with a slight grin on his face.

OOC:
Menu
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Mandalorian_food
[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

Kelsie slid neatly into the booth, her eyes still scanning the rest of the room. It really was that homey, Mandalorian feel. Perhaps she should spend more time on this planet... or with these people. She'd ask around later about Clan Durren, hopefully she could find another armored friend to hang out with.

The menus surprised her. She thought this was a bar, not a restaurant, and then she noticed the waiters... she must've missed them on her way in. Weird, seeing a normally terrifying armored person waiting tables. Her eyes scanned through the menu quickly, and she decided on the roba pie for when she was going to order.

"I think you just did," she replied, putting down her menu and flashing a cheeky grin. "Of course, Adenn. Ask away... I have nothing to hide... well, at least until I know what your questions are."

Once the waiter arrived she politely asked for a roba pie and a pint of ne'tra gal. Meats and drinks, what else was there?

[member="Adenn Kyramud"]

As Adenn sat there, he looked around a bit, taking in those here. The waiters were slightly new, mainly because the Oyubaat used to have a different system. That no doubt accounted for Hawks confusion. When she responded with her cheeky comment, and grin, Adenn replied in kind. Grinning as well before his features smoothed over into a relatively normal expression.
I did, oh, I must not have noticed.” He replied with another cheeky grin, this one his own.

Then Adenn racked his brain, he had just forgotten what he was going to ask. Sighing to himself, Adenn instead ordered as well.
Gi dumpling soup and tihaar please.” The waiter nodded his head while writing the info down, then he turned and left after saying “It’ll be out in a few.” With that done, Adenn turned back to Hawk with a thoughtful expression on his face. He was curious about many things involving her, just not what to ask that would be appropriate under the circumstances. After another moment or two, Adenn came up with a question.
Well mesh'la, I’m curious, how did your ship come to crash on that planet? Binaros I believe it was. Along with that, how are you adjusting to the galaxy? Any group you’ve joined?

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

Kelsie leaned back in her seat and waited for Adenn to finish up ordering. She listened to his questions quietly... and honestly they weren't very probing or interesting to her, so she decided to answer them honestly.

"Hyperspace accident. No one at the controls, and we crashed," she said simply. She hadn't thought too much about what had happened, and she had decided to skip the grieving and work on establishing herself in the galaxy once again. "Other than that, I'm fine. Still just wandering around, making sure I have everything I need." Wasn't anything to it. Factions had yet to really interest her, from what she could tell they were all really just militaristic upstarts. No cause spoke to her, but then again she had yet to complete her readings of recent history and gather information.

[member="Adenn Kyramud"]

Adenn nodded slowly to himself, in thought. It was surprising to Adenn that no one was at the helm, it seemed like an oversight to him. Shrugging to himself, Adenn focused fully on Hawk once more. When she said she was fine, Adenn smiled slightly and kept listening. No faction, well, she did seem like the independent kind of girl.

"Sorry to hear that, with your ship." He paused then and glanced towards the bar. It seemed like their food would almost be ready. "Still a drifter? A fun life, that. Being able to do what you want to do, when you want to." Adenn chuckled mirthlessly. "My prior offer still stands. If you need help with getting anything, I'd be willing to help."

The waiter came back and gave them their drinks, after that he left. Adenn picked up his glass and took a sip of the burning liquid. Smiling grimly to himself, Adenn thought about all that tihaar was to him. Shaking the thoughts form his mind, Adenn focused back on Hawk.

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

Kelsie wasn't sure if she was alone by choice these days -- she had spent little time with other people lately. After all, who could possibly replace who she'd lost? Her independence was because she knew no other way. Her squad had been family; they were irreplaceable.

"Yeah," she said softly. It seemed to her that he didn't quite understand the gravity of what had happened. And she didn't either -- she'd been feeling hollow ever since she'd woken up on Binaros. There would always be time to grieve later, but for now... well, might as well enjoy some drinks. And that was what stopped her from truly healing. "No other life for me. Space is home."

"And no, I don't need anything," she said with a small smile. It was kind of him, but she'd discovered her various bank accounts had been untouched for eight hundred years -- collecting interest, too. She had enough money to buy everything she'd ever need... not that she needed much.

[member="Adenn Kyramud"]

He took notice of the look [member="Kelsie Sylvan"] had. It was the look of someone who had lost much and didn't know what to do. While Adenn had never lost so much, he did know loss. Having lost his parents at such a "young" age left him confused and angry, mostly angry. But, aside from that, he didn't know what to do with himself. Sighing, Adenn shook his head slowly to himself.

"If you want to talk about it, I'd be happy to listen. While I haven't lost so much, I do know loss." Adenn let out a short, dry laugh. "Keeping it bottled up for later isn't good, I know that from personal experience." Adenns face turned into a grimace, remembering the things he'd done in his anger, the things he sometimes still did.

When she said space was home, Adenn nodded his head. While Mandalore, and Tracyn were his physical homes, space was were freedom was, excitement and adventure.
"Space is freedom, I can agree to that." She didn't need anything? Lucky her, and he said as much. "Lucky you, or is it more. You can't find anything to need, or want?"

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

"I knew what I was getting into. So did they. There's always a risk," Kelsie said calmly. She really didn't want to talk about it -- she was certain that she could get through this on her own. The last time she'd experienced real grief and loss, well... the trail of bodies behind her grew.

Space was always a little exciting for Kelsie. She was in a ship, able to go anywhere she wanted, fly like a madwoman, or just stare at the stars.

The young woman had always prided herself on her self-sufficiency. She was a survivor, a hunter, a warrior. A solitary Hawk. "Nope," she said with a small smile. At least he was trying, but really she needed and wanted nothing... nothing he could give, at least.

[member='Adenn Kyramud']

Adenn nodded his head, that was the life of war.
"That there is, that there is."

He took a sip of his drink then, wondering when their food would be ready. As if to answer the question, the waiter came back then, with their food. He placed [member="Kelsie Sylvan"] food down first before placing the other plate infront of Adenn. Thanking the man, Adenn got his spoon ready for the soup. He looked up then at Hawk.
"I hope you like the pie, I hear it's quite good."

With that, Adenn took a spoonful of the soup and ate it. It was freshly made, enough to make it burn his tongue. Deciding not to show it, Adenn instead took a simple sip of his tihaar. So, she didn't need anything. Or at least nothing he could offer; a shame for Adenn, he genuinely wanted to help her out. Shrugging to himself, Adenn decided to move onto a somewhat different topic.
"So, how's the food? Can it compare to what you used to eat, back in the day."

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

As much as she wanted to believe that she often hated the 'occupational hazards' of war. She missed her friends dearly, missed her family more so. She'd been quietly wishing for the Force to guide her back to her time and avoid this all -- not that the Force had been guiding her at all lately.

Kelsie thanked the waiter with a small nod and smile, then turned her gaze on the roba pie. It definitely looked good, to say the least. The Mandalorians were an impressive people -- so many other warrior cultures she'd encountered often missed the fundamentals: good food, good booze, and a little cheerfulness and ingenuity. Nothing like the Mandalorians.

"I used to eat field rations," Kelsie said with a mouth full of roba. Not all the time, of course, but a good ration stick gave one all the essentials to survive and thrive. She had honestly been surviving on field rations lately too, so this little meal was heaven to her. That much was obvious as she shovelled forkful after forkful into her mouth, without an ounce of grace or manners. Hunger was a very good motivator.

[member='Adenn Kyramud']

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom