Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It'll only Hurt a little

Sector: [Redacted]
System: [Redacted]

"An Apple a day keeps the Doctor away the say. . . ."
7b33d289b04995cfe60c8a2cff54cfc1.jpg

The young Du Couteau heir kept his quick pace walking through the building, his black boots contrasted the white floor and with a few steps he exited the hallway and into a large waiting room. The only other occupant, a protocol droid, performed a bow before resuming to organize several data-slates. Seto's own datapad showed him a quick stream of new information, even on medical leave he couldn't be left alone from his others missions. ​I thought getting promoted in the Inquisition meant less work the Inquisitor sighed as he put away his datapad.

Possibly won't help, but can't be bothered to care Seto mused silently as he realized that there was still some time left before his operation. He had to admit he did feel a bit excited and worried at the same time, not that second thoughts weren't common but Seto still felt a bit unsure of it all. Regardless he noted how much more his body was getting pushed and while the Force indeed acted a bit of a fix all for almost any situation, Seto hardly wanted to only rely on the Force. A reason good as any really another weary thought as he remembered a few acquaintances that had extensive cybernetic upgrades that functioned normally.

While this operation wasn't going to replace entire limbs, Seto learned that nanotech was getting a bit more traction and not one to pass up on a good deal. "Well, at least I get keep almost ninety percent of me together, it's just all gonna be held together with something cool," Seto mumbled to himself as he waited for a doctor he had asked for help for this type of operation.

He mostly thought it was generally a good idea to help his body get a bit resilient to all the recent combat he had experienced. While a possibly safer option might had been to engage in less dangerous missions or objectives, that sounded a bit boring and Seto hardly wanted to be seen as a rear line officer. ​There's a fine line between reasonable cowardice and straight-up running from the first sign of trouble, but still. Also being one of the first people to try out this new 'modification' sounded exciting enough for Seto to get over that first part of his initial doubt.

[member="Labkahip Mordulla"]

Prepare for your... examination.
Nano-Tech, now that was a technology she was more then eager to get a hold of, though not being an area of experience initially after a certain Wookie wanting an upgrade on their robotics limbs she had been delving into such things. The idea of small robots in a persons body and similar cybernetics was always a iffy concept, more so due to possible EMP and problems of the mini robots blocking up the blood stream and replacing them, which would take a loooong time.

Today though she would be going through with a very important operation that would see this new Tech being put to use, but not just any tech, a new device and body injector developed by her own company with the help of the very person who wanted the upgrades. Well more like he asked what he wanted and they delivered, but never the lest was quite the interesting R&D project she had taken part in, only question was how well it would work.

Walking out into the waiting room she quickly spotted the patient in question, one of the galactic Empries inquisitors, [member="Seto Du Couteau"], "Ahhh good day to you Mr Couteau, glad to see you did not get cold feet, I am ready to start the operation now if you would please follow me". Thankfully getting the right equipment was not to hard seeing MM new links with Sasori Research and Design, quite the little extra oomph needed to get things going

"Of course not, silly to be afraid of a doctor with all things considered," Seto commented, while he mostly had no impulses to back off from his operation it was still weighing heavily on his mind. Here now, worry tomorrow. . . . maybe, "-Besides if all thing fail I'm sure replacing my limbs with cybernetics shouldn't be difficult," He added as he followed Dr. Mordulla. He held onto the belief that Medical droids were always the optimal choice, but Doctor Mordulla was one of the few exceptions Seto made over time.

Seto had several ideas of what he had intended to improve himself with, notably after his last few combat missions he felt his body grow weaker. Perhaps his past was coming back to haunt him, but for the moment he figured with this operation it would at least give him a lot more options. "I know pain is relative, but with the parts of my body being targeted for this operation, am I looking at a seven or eight on the pain scale here? Not that I won't go through with this, I'm just not sure if I have enogh sick days in the Inquisitor Order," Seto finally asked with a worried grin. He was beginning to worry about after the operation, a worried chuckle erupted from him as he thought about the healing process.

He expected a lot of soreness and swollen joints. At best.

Silly to be afraid, well some people might be ,if they knew about her past, come to think of it she never really got a proper medical license, oh ell she did good work either way, not many people with her skill around these parts anyways. "Well yes I anything does go wrong I will make sure you can still walk fine, anyways come right this way [member="Seto Du Couteau"], the operating room is already to go". Though medical droid where of good use a human... well near human skill and the ability to pre-think stuff that droids where unable to do came in hand for such new and innovative procedures.

"I will try to limit the pain as much as possible, most you will feel may be days of discomfort as your body adapts to the feeling of the nano-tech in your body, the worse I could think of would be your body rejecting the new impurities thinking they are bad for you". "Though that mainly happens with transplants and not artificial implants". Making their way into the room she motioned to a small side door, "going to have you strip down and put on a medical gown and do not worry, I won't look".

"So either mild discomfort or painful rejection from my body, well let it be known I always enjoyed a good gamble,"

Seto quickly entered and promptly began to remove his civilian clothing, his hands expertly folded and laid his clothing down next to him.The gown he grabbed covered him well enough, he had been found in more embarrassing position before, but Seto paused at the idea of further headache of taking care of his new body. Well, not exactly new, but still His thoughts attempted to alleviate the stress that swirled around Seto's head. Softly he sighed as he turned and walked back into the operating room, his clothing left behind him.

"Well then, I'll hope that my body is willing to accept some new visitors," Seto commented as he slowly laid himself across the operating table, "-It'll be a shame to let all this go to waste after-all just on my body's account," he added with a small grin. His mind whirled with darkening thoughts before he forcibly calmed himself with a few deep intakes of breathe.

A quick calm settled as Seto accepted the path he laid for himself, his body relaxing with his ease of mind, "Ah, before I either forget or become unable, thank you Doctor Mordulla for your assistance in this matter." Seto offered his thanks. In case I start cursing after all this is done. "-And once this is all done I owe you a very big favor," he added, his confidence rising with passing thought.

"Like I said that only happens 'sometimes' and always ways to work around it, instead of you know, the thinks your suggested". Letting the man through Lab started to prepare the operating table, sorting out the tools and other objects needed for the sugary. Hopefully the sight of them was not off putting, surgical lasers and vibro scalpels where not always the most welcoming. Soon [member="Seto Du Couteau"] come out of the changing room, easily worried and trying to put it off with a few small jokes, the average response to most people when they under go permanent body modification.

"No favor needed, it is just as much a privilege to experiment with such new tech, especially on a fine specimen such as yourself, but I will do my utmost best to ensure that you do not suffer any side effect". Slowly the blue skinned Twi'lek lead Seto over to the operating table, several droids present to help with the operation and the modification nano-tech to the side. "Just lay down and relax, you will be sedated for this to ensure proper neural and biological syncing and rendering can take place properly". "But just remember this part is the easier, rehabilitation and observation will take the longest time and yield any potential problems".

A short nod offered and Seto eased himself to relax, no doubt the sedatives would do a wonderful job on that part but some thoughts still lingered in the young Inquisitor's mind. Though he took comfort with the thoughts of success, Seto always prized his own health and with new technology to ensure a healthier proactive life style he saw himself content. Thrown in the air and smashing into walls, jumping from large heights and dealing with extreme weathers it all crept on the young Inquisitor's life in a very short time frame and his body attempted to adjust and adapt to the demand of the galaxy.

One way to help myself from destroying my own body before I can call myself old

His eyes lazily tracked the equipment around him, the droids and the doctor before settling once more on the ceiling above them. Seto slowly closed his eyes and his breathing turned even, his many hours of meditations finally paid off for him. "Well I-" he began, "- I'll see you when I wake back up," Seto finished. While looking forward into the future of a body more resilient, Seto finally removed the last lingering thought of the pain in the coming weeks. Got to stop getting thrown off of buildings Seto mused humorously, allowing the tension to ebb away from his body.

"I'll be seeing you all day, but yes, talk with you once you wake up, I'll make sure to see that your recover ward is nice to look at" lab replied as Seto lay down, herself placing a face mask over the mans mouth, letting the sedatives do their work. Not only that such a drug would help slow down the a heart rate along with neural function, such making the integration of the nano-tech easier. After waiting a while Seto's vitals started to calm down, confirming the induced sleeping state of the inquisitor. "All right, it's show time".

Putting on her surgical mask the Twi'lek doctor began the operations, starting with the incision needed to compliment the necessary technology, it would be a slow and tedious process, but Lab had all the time in the world,along with confidence and skill. With the help of the medical droids and a safe and secure operating room their was little to go wrong, all everyone needed to do was wait, Labs arms moving like fine machines as she operated on the sleeping man, limb by limb, blood vessel by blood vessel, turning the regular human into a force to be reckoned with.

Time Skip

Pulling off her gloves Lab wiped away the sweat from her forehead, taking a rest on a beach while the droids wheeled away the still sleeping Seto, "that was intense, but I amd certain nothing went wrong, now just have to wait for sleepy heads awakening. If her calculations where correct it would take a few hours for him to wake up, in the mean time a shower was in order before checking up on the now new and improved man.

[member="Seto Du Couteau"]

The empty drift through his mind slowly filled with small thoughts, but as quickly as the formed they simply disappeared into the void. Seto continued to breathe evenly, no dreams to entertain his mind or nightmares to frighten him in fact if Seto had any thoughts it would be that this sleep was a perfect sleep. Slow even breathes, chest rising with each breath and the young Du Couteau heir continued his recovery undisturbed for the mean time.

Hours passed and into a new recovery room Seto stirred slightly, his mind slowly caught up as timed seemed to speed up and his eyes moved beneath their lids. Careful and deliberate blinks brought recognition of the light and to his new room, Seto took longer intakes of air as he suddenly regained his self awareness. For several moments Seto stared directly up, his mind catching up and unsure if he was waking up to a dream or from his sleep.

A single fidget of his body, a small spasm of his muscle itching to move. A sharp intake of breathe and stark reminder that Seto indeed woken up from his sleep and this certainly was no dream. Sore muscles ached thus nothing unusual after a hard workout, painful bruises and strained joints from difficult combat missions, again still manageable, but what Seto felt outpaced and out-pained all those together and then some. It took almost all his will power to remain still, his focus scattered to different points of pain across his body. Though dull and the edge lost from the pain, a familiar fear of more pain entered his head. Is this with the painkillers? the strained thought scattered through his mind before adjusting once more to his new reality.

Seto once heard that the most painful thing to ever feel would be to have your heart broken. I'd rather be rejected by her hundreds times over, including broken legs.

It was going to be a fun recovery.

A small beep echoed behind Lab as she sat at her desk, filling though paper work and other necessary forms, some to do with recent medical events and other to do with her company. Seemed that someone wanted to buy a shipment of her alloyed metal armor plating for a limited run of some star fighters, a nice purchase if she did say so herself, but now more important matters called to the Twi'lek attention. "Oh it seems mister inquisitor is waking up, good, time to go see how he is being, better get their before anything happens".

Grabbing a coat the CEO quickly vacated her office, walking down the clean and white corridors to the recovery ward, eager to see how [member="Seto Du Couteau"] was going, in heath and ability, after all half the pleasure of such an operation was seeing how better faster and stronger the man had become. A small hiss would from from his bedroom as the rutian Twi'lek came in, clapping her hands together slightly. "Good to see you are not dead, or running around the hospital killing everyone like a terminator cyborg... so tell me, how do you feel Seto"?

"I would hate to disappoint you Doctor, though death does sound less painful at the moment," Seto joked through clenched teeth, his head turned to face Labkahip. The urge to sit up nearly overcame want to remain as still as possible for not to cause any pain from any body movement. Seto moved his arms to cover his face from the pain, a small painful growl escaped his lips, muffled by his hands. With a deep breath he slowly put his arms back down on either side and continued to breathe deeply.

Seto grunted as he mused on the next question "I don't think there exist a word yet to describe the amount of pain I feel," he explained as he sigh deeply. "What's the largest amount of milligrams worth of painkillers in your opinion is needed and totally not related second question; How much can I take before it kills me?" Seto asked, half series half joking as he tried to laugh his pain away.

"But overall, I guess since I can feel everything it means my body successfully undergone the procedure," He commentated as he wondered if siting up would be worth the effort and pain. There isn't a Force mediation long enough that can dull this pain. "I hope one of us feeling great today," Seto muttered.

"Well your not writhing in agony or anything along those lines so your fine, stop being over dramatic, I said there would be discomfort did I not"? Though to be honest him laying down for so long without moving probably did not help, craps muscle pains and other natural things coming from little body movement all played apart in this sort of thing. Best medicine was to get up, move around slowly and get use to the new feeling, ride it out like until it was no longer a problem.

"Though for pain killers,, I would probably recommend doubt the dosage of what normal patients receive for broken bones and other reconstruction sugary". Mainly due to the fact it was a full body problem and not a centralized area that could be targeted, "nothing more and nothing less, I would rather not have my first nano tech operation turning into a suicide" "Tough it up and just deal with the discomfit for the next day or two, in the mean time i will see that you are properly dossed up to abate the pain".

She began to type down some notes and prescription while Seto continued to joke on, "yes, the fact you feel pain is actually a good thing, to be honest if you came out all chirpy and smiles I would suspect something went wrong". Upon fishing her notes a medical droid entered the room, connecting Seto's arm to a injector to administer pain killers. "And I am feeling fine today since you asked".

Perhaps it was the pain, or the painkillers, or the half asleep brain but Seto muttered, "Oh Doctor Mordulla, you're breaking my heart here." He feigned hurt, not difficult all things considered, but slowly Seto realized that perhaps annoying her any further would bring more discomfort. Let's not push it. Seto quickly pushed himself up into a sitting position on the table, with clenched teeth and a struggled smile, it was evident he was forcing a happy face. Though the pain medication certainly made it easier to fake a smile more effectively.

Seto though did feel a sense of a strange ease, the pain sharp and spiked all across his body but his muscles sort of enjoyed the movement and work to keep his seated. "Well I'm always all smiles when I'm with others, an old poker habit I guess," Seto explained with some bemusement at the thought of ending his own life. This galaxy isn't going to get rid of me that easily, besides too much to live for, like chocolate Seto wearily thought, trying to keep his mind away from the pain.

With clenched fists Seto stretched his arms outwards and back inwards to remind his body that he still needed it, "Well that is good to hear you're having an enjoyable day so far Doctor, very good. Perhaps a nice-" Seto pushed himself slowly off the table, his legs softly landing on the ground as they slowly held Seto up straight. Eyes closed shut and a strained expression he breathed deeply in once before returning to his original strained happy expression. "-A nice walk would be well suited for me now? I'm feeling up for it anyways." ​By the living Force, this is going to be a fun recuperation week.

"Breaking you heart? well I do not have my patients usually confuse their love for me in bed but I will take what I can get" she joked, marking down that the dosage may cause a intoxicated like effect to the person it is administrated to. Looking back she offered to help Seto sit up properly, but it seemed the inquisitor was able to get up himself, even though Lab knew it was painful, but heck, no pain no gain, and Seto had gained a lot. Guess the rules of physics 'for every reaction there is a equal and opposite reaction' also work for medical care, perhaps that could be tested in some way.

"Poker face hu? must be a good Gamble then, or where you not so good and this is why you landed up here"? a good poker face did not imply skill all the time. Seem everyone had an interesting story into how they came to be where they where, dark, mysterious, exciting,could probably make a movie out of half the people she had met. "Well it is always good when an operation goes well, and perhaps a walk to get you more used to the nano tech would be good, just take it slowly, doctors orders".

Time and time again she had seen people come out of surgery and push themselves to hard, thus causing more problems in the long run. "Let me give you a hand getting out of bed, also I will point out that monitoring will be an almost constant thing for you and the nano tech, just and FYI".

Seto had tried to move with swollen joints before, painful yes but bearable if under enough medication and given enough persuasion to keep moving. Vong Monstrosities come to mind, Seto wearily mused as gladly accepted the Doctor's help to keep him from falling over or sitting back down. Deep breaths and through sheer will power, Seto focused on telling his leg to move forward a single step, he already couldn't ignore the pain but perhaps he could simply work through it instead.

"Well I always assumed most confessions of love happen near or around beds, but I was just worried that you could literally break my heart," Seto struggled to give a good smile, more so a wavy one through the pain. He next step felt less painful to work through, and slowly Seto felt his confidence build up ever so slightly. The pain is getting duller at least.

Seto breathed in deep again, giving his Doctor a nod and smile, "Well, now I am justified for being paranoid, I am being watched." A grin grew before he grimaced once more as he took yet another step forward. Clutching unto Doctor Mordulla's arm, gently as he could, he stood straight once more to offer a winning smile. Or in Seto's case, a not-winning-but-not-losing smile. "Hopefully I'll be fascinating to monitor, but I can be quite mundane even for an Inquisitor," Seto though felt comfortable in his ability to walk, he doubted with the threat of death could even push him into a run or even a slow jog for that matter.

"Well technically speaking you cannot actually break a heart, it is a muscle so torn ligaments, lacerations and strain along with a heart attack are a real thing, but no risk of it breaking". Okay maybe that was too much of a tease, she did not actually want to give the man a heart attack and waste all the work she had put into him. Her eye scouter keeping an eye on the mans vitals to make sure nothing bad during their little stroll around the medical ward.

As they started to take the literal steps forward towards recovery she could not help but teas him some more about paranoia. "Well yes we are always watching you in the hospital, no matter where you go". "Can't have anything bad happening to you, but do not worry, maybe be careful but do not worry, we have things all under control here". As for being interesting to the monitor well she was more interested in the numbers the machines where spitting out, not so much how he spent his free time in bed.

"Well we will see about that, but for now less talk more walk, well we can do both but maybe turn away from medical stuff for now, like, what are you doing to be up to in future months, you know with all the stuff going on right around now". With the civil war over and the Galactic Empire slowly waning away she wondered what the inquisitor would do. Though Rishi had been spared most of the fighting she was unsure Seto wanted to stay on the world forever.

Seto took many more steps, and slowly he was confident that the only thing returning was the intense feeling of pain and his strength. Fortunately he felt the slightest relief of dulled pain after the next few steps and thankfully he had other pressing thoughts to distract him for the time being. He'd be lying if he said he hadn't spent much time thinking on the matter, in fact it was certainly the biggest issue for him and several others in the Order. With an almost dejected shrug, "Well if I told you I would have to kil- Actually, now that I think about it I don't believe I would need to anymore," Seto joked, with uncertainty in his voice. "Of course not that I would, such actions would make this galaxy such a lonely place after all," he added, his chuckle slightly off as he flinched from another quick shot of sharp pain.

The more steps he took, Seto realized that his ankles and knees began to ease down with the sharpness of the pain and thankfully still, his legs hadn't give out just yet. "I've made plans, and kept certain people as retainers, so I'm well prepared I think," Seto answered, at this point he still wasn't sure exactly on what to do after that point but he guessed he would deal with it when it was time to cross that bridge. For now, I just want to remember how my body feels like without all this pain.

"Though I'm sure someone like you is very well prepared as well, no doubt you'll fare well in these upcoming months, I mean a lady of your talents and caliber would have no end of options," Seto assumed as he continued his slow, but steady walk. He was getting better at this walking without too much flinching thing for the moment.

"If anything positive about all this, I at least don't have to write up any more reports thankfully,"

The first few steps from Seto where a little staggers but bit by bit he was getting there, if but slow, progress in the medical world was always slow, as such Lab was more then used to it. "Ehhh going to have to kill me, ha do that and a certain, quite powerful Sasori representative would be out for your head, and trust me that is not something you would want". Despite their somewhat distance relationship Lab knew that id anything happened to her Asaraa would be up in arms over it. "Well it's nice to know you are not going to kill me either way, though I can't be the only person you know, or has the whole war thing messed up your friends list over the holo net"? A small quip back at the inquisitor, even if it was nice to know he had an actual plan after everything was done and dusted.

"He he, prepared yes quite, I managed pretty well on my own before coming to the empire, as a traveling doctor, but now with my company in hand and a possible wedding in the future I am pretty set on Rishi". "Who knows I may end up becoming the ruler of Rishi with everything that's been going on, even if I have stuck with the Empire my company comes first, so I ain't going anywhere, even if the CIS come knocking on the planets door step". Perhaps not a wise idea but Lab had invested to much into the company, it would be silly just to throw it all away due to past wars, perhaps the CIS would not even bother expanding out this far, though such was no a certainty.

"You may not have any to right up, but I sure do, your entire operation has me swimming in documents and new files that need to be filled out, first time my company has delved into nano tech".

"Even before I joined up with the Order, I've always maintained a short supply of acquaintances, and less so of friends," Seto admitted, a bit matter of factually that even surprised himself at his sudden bluntness. He coughed as he tried to keep himself steady with each step, Seto had no intention of falling and trying to stand back up. He wasn't sure what would hurt more, his body or his pride if that would happen.

"I'm guessing a report going as; Patient Survived, posses minimal brain function and rudimentary motor function, all in all a success. That report wouldn't be enough?" Seto asked, a small smirk growing on his lips. He was under no delusions that his operation would remain as his and Lab's personal secret but he did hope for some discretion. If only slightly.

The pain in his joints continued to diminish and dull, but his movements felt awkward all the same and Seto was pretty certain the next few days would be bring only more of the same as today. "Regardless, even with the entire roof looking like it will cave in over our heads, I hope you won't mind an Inquisitor without a job bumming around for a few weeks here," Seto half asked, half explained. "-If it's all the same, I don't think I'll be able to climb a short set of stairs anytime soon, not at least without enough pain meds to overdose a Kryat Dragon," Seto joked, laughing quietly with a hurt expression as a new sharp pain shot through his body.

"Also, you mentioned a wedding? Who's the lucky one and will I have to address you as; Mi'Lord or My Liege?" Seto asked, his smile returning as the new pain faded away.

"Ahhh I see, well I will not pry, always smart to have another place to go", then again that was the type of thinking that landed someone in the inquisitor position. The small cough from Seto nearing a quick pat on the back from Lab as they continued, "there there you are doing just fine, one lap around the floor and then back to your bed, perhaps you will get a candy pop".

A small giggle escaped her lips a the joke, "yes similar to that but much more detailed and adding a whole lot more information about other parts of your body, remember the nano tech effects almost every part of body". That meant everything, though she would not tell him that just yet, such was confidential information to some extent.

As time progressed the duo made their way around the hospital, almost back tot he room he had woken up in. "Bumbling around, Seto you are going to be here for quite a while, even when you feel alright and good I am going to have you stay to review more stuff, see your train and test the full extent of your new abilities". "So yes climbing stairs not on the agenda right now, more short laps around the hallways, maybe some simple squats and push up, but yeah no stairs". She knew how long it took people to recover and would not be surprised if Seto stayed around the place for another month or two, depending on how things go.

"Well depends on if you area going to stick around, but I was thinking something along the lines of a meritocracy, not a kingdom or empire, and the wedding, well that is between me and a certain Sasori representative". For now a secret from most others, under the veil of 'business partners'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom