Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It was where technology went to die…

Tejori Lotor

Only the bright future lays ahead...
rey-star-wars-the-force-awakens-2.jpg

The locals called the storm X'us'R'iia. It had a name because they believed there was only the one, the same one that returned again and again. It was the breath of the god R'iia, they said.

R'iia was not a benevolent god, and thus the storm was blamed for a great many things. It was the source of the famine that had plagued Tash-Taral for years. It was the reason the water had gone away. It was why their luggabeasts turned unruly. It was responsible for the interlopers who plagued their lands. It was, significantly, what had brought the great shards of metal filled with many, many soft beings crashing to the sands so many years before. The ship graveyards were a monument to R'iia's anger, they said.

They were a warning, one that the interlopers in Jaken consistently failed to heed, much to the local’s annoyance. Most of the locals were harmless, scavengers in their own way, much like Tejori and the others. There were zealots, though, those who were known to attack both their brethren and the salvagers, claiming what they did was a blasphemy to R'iia. R'iia would punish them all for their sins. The X'us'R'iia would punish them all.

Tejori didn't believe a word of it, but she didn't believe in much outside of herself.

She'd been high on the superstructure of one of the old battle cruisers half-buried in the sands, hoping to find something to salvage that the other scavengers had missed. She looked out and saw the storm forming on the horizon. She knew immediately that it would be a big one. It was time to go.

She'd been free-climbing the wreck, and it was — perhaps paradoxically — always quicker going up than it was going down. Going down, you had to worry about gravity in a whole different way, and hurrying was a good plan to get yourself hurt.

She knew that from experience.

She took it fast, anyway — almost too fast — then risked jumping the last three meters to the ground. The sand could be soft if you were close enough, but she wasn't. From that height, it was like landing on metal. The shock of impact jarred her ankles and ran a sharp pain up her calves and into her knees.

Which was when she heard the ship…

[member="Fanus Ren"]

Katelyn Feanor

Two sides of a singular coin
alien_crash_4_4.jpg

[member="Tejori Lotor"]

Seventy people. Seventy people were on that very ship right before it crashed into a ball of fire and metal, towards the thick and gritty sand below. How had it all come to this?

Fanus climbed up a small pair of metal stairs leading into a medium-sized commercial frigate whose purpose was to transport people from one location to another, so in short, it was a medium-sized transport frigate. The ship was currently docked at Hoth and heading for Tattoine. Already upon the frigate, a large group of people had amassed, ready for takeoff from the blistering cold world to the blistering hot world, like a vacation in fact.

Though, Fanus held a different goal. He had to meet his master again for regular monthly lessons,though these lessons some times went up to two or three months at the least. Uhhh, why do I have to do this? This is so stupid what is even the point of this? To 'better' myself?! Fanus's mind was swirling with annoyance and anger at his parents forcing him to go one more time than after this time, he would be able to decide weather he wanted to stay training with his Jedi master or just abandon it. Fanus had already made up his mind, he was going to quit, no matter what bribes his parents tried to make. Not like their was much in the way of bribes when you lived on the planet of Hoth anyways.

After a good hour and a moment of resting his eyes, the frigate finally was able to do something. The rumble of the frigate's engines woke Fanus from a good dream, a dream which was about, leaving Hoth to live on Dathomir which he had only heard rumors about being a hostile jungle world. The frigate began to rumble and move at a slow crawl at first until finally picking up speed. Once the frigate reached the area of space around Hoth, the Hyperdrive began to power up.

Then the pirates attacked. Two pirate frigates had jumped out of hyperspace the second the hyperdrive began to power on. Blaster fire was exchanged between the pirates and the transport frigate. Well, the transport received the fire and didn't give any to the pirates seeing as pirates had never actually been a problem before. The transport quickly hyperdrived away once it was fully charges.

But, it didn't get far before one miss-calculation and the damage to the hyperdrive sent the transport sprawling into the atmosphere of an unknown desert planet.

The next thing Fanus knew, he was lying on the sandy ground in pain with blood seeping onto the sand around him.

[OOC: Character Gender Reveal next Post]

Tejori Lotor

Choices? The logical one, the one any smart gambler would wager on was a race for home, Tejori and the speeder shooting as fast as she could push it across the desert, the rising wind chasing her.

The risky one? To investigate the ship-wreck. To help who could be saved and rescue whatever was surplus and worth scavenging.

With one hand she tugged the end of her long, looped scarf from beneath her belt and wrapped it around her nose and mouth. Not for the first time, she wished she owned a pair of goggles, cursed herself for not having jury-rigged some months before. The last pair she'd found, she'd traded away for two portions, barely enough food to silence her stomach for a day. It had been a bad trade when she made it, and she'd known it. She'd been hungry, told herself she'd find another pair soon enough, made the trade anyway.

That had been almost three months before.

The storm was still on the horizon and she’d barely travelled a couple of hundred metres before she turned her ship around. Finds like these came along once in a lifetime. So she turned into the incoming storm and headed for the smoke. The wind came in surges, strong enough to buffet the speeder, and she had to fight to keep the vehicle steady on its repulsors. Sand was swirling when she slid to a stop and dismounted. She shoved the speeder out of the wind, in a place it ought to be able to survive X’us’R’iia.

The ship was a mess and she doubted anyone would have survived. The sound of the storm was growing deafening, the wind a near-constant shriek, mixed with the rasping, cruel noise of sand scraping the hull of the dead ship. Thunder exploded above Tejori, making her flinch, and she squinted skyward in time to see the last of the sunlight being eaten away by the swirling dust clouds. Dry lightning arced and lit the sky as if daylight had returned at once, just for a second. When she closed her eyes, she could still see the lightning flash.

Her skin stung with biting sand, the wind trying to take her by the feet and lift her, and she was about to enter the safety of the cover of the hull when she saw the figure.

She was many things, but not a monster. Certainly not a murderer.

She had to fight her way to reach the fallen figure and she realised that he or she was barely conscious. She part-lifted, part-carried and part-cajoled the lone survivor back to the sanctuary of the ship. They entered the breached hull and she scanned for better cover. Spotting a door, she opened it and pushed her new companion through it. Exhausted, she stumbled inside, and then, just as quickly, slammed the door shut again.

For a moment, she stood in the darkness, catching her breath, listening to R'iia's rage outside. The noise was diminished but still sunk through the armoured hull. She thrust her hand into her shoulder-bag and fumbling, triggered a glo-stick. The light flickered weakly at first, then stabilised into a warmer glow.

She dusted herself off. Her dun-hued garb was desert basic, designed to protect the wearer from the sun and preserve body moisture. It was inexpensive, easily repaired, and unlovely. And then she gave her focus to the survivor of the crash.

“I’d say you were lucky, but then I’d have to tell you where you landed, so that would take the edge of it. Were you...travelling with anyone?”

[member="Fanus Ren"]

Katelyn Feanor

undercut-women-hairstyle-2_b.jpg

[OOC: Best pic I could find, sorry]

A feminine voice spoke from the sole survivor. A voice filled with pain, anger, but most of all, thankfulness. Thankfulness for the person who rescued her. Thankfulness for somehow surviving that fateful crash that killed sixty-nine people.

"N-o, but...their were a good sixty-nine people on....on...the ship, did any of them...make it?"

Her voice at the end changed from it's current tone to one of guilt and sadness, wondering if she was the only survivor. Her hands clenched into fists at this thought but it was painful to clench her fists due to the ship crash causing damage to her, which she wasn't exactly aware of what damage she had taken. She quickly uncurled her left hand and clutched it around her stomach while looking up at the woman above her, wondering why she had saved her of all people. She sighed and closed her eyes as to rest for a minute as the past few minutes were, well, in simple terms, a confusing hale storm of loneliness.

She had been wearing a simple black undershirt with her father's leather jacket. The jacket, had been given to her by her father two years ago, back than it didn't fit at all. All it worked for was a really big hood on a small little girl. Now, it fit her body snugly while still smelling of the gasoline and oil that was found at her father's workplace, a repair center for motorized vehicles. It wasn't much, but it did pay a hefty sum seeing as he father was the CEO and helped with his co-workers because he was selfless, always putting others before himself.

The woman's voice started again, but this time in a more calmed way, still with pain in her voice but it sounded friendlier than before, mostly due to her calming down. But, the pain did slowly increase as her adrenaline was running out, making her feel the pain in her side which she tried her best to shrug off.

"I'm Katelyn, but you can.....call me Kat."

Tejori Lotor

Tejori was a loner. Which had many manifestations – but one of them was a lack of social skills. She was a smooth-talker all right and could haggle with the best of them, or use her charm to get out of situations. But entirely personal conversations? She could count them on the fingers of one hand.

So she reverted to type. Her conversation transactional. It was not through a deliberate lack of compassion or empathy. But rather a failure to understand fully the complexities of the human relationship.

“I haven’t searched the whole ship, but no. I don’t think so.” She was unsure why she could be so certain. It was just a feeling. Based, her logical mind told her, on experience. “I think you only survived because you were thrown free.”

She watched as the woman in front of her was clearly internalising thoughts. Age was always a difficult one to judge. The affluent always belied their years. But people like Tejori? She was fourteen but could pass for twenty – given her upbringing. Her voice was world-weary and her lifeless grey eyes looked as though they could tell a thousand stories. Which, of course, they could.

”Kat, eh? I’m Tejori.” She glanced around. ”This storm could last days, so we need to prioritise a few things. Firstly I need to find you some medical help. Round here, those sorts of supplies are worth a lot, but your need is greater.” Her voice was matter of fact and although she clearly did not begrudge the survivor the use of the medicines, it was clear she was counting the cost of lost revenue.

”Then I need to get you some water. Both of us. And food. Once that’s settled, we can see what else has survived the crash. Nothing major I’ll wager,” she glanced around, shaking her head at the amount of damage apparent. ”And a light source, we need something more permanent.”

She glanced at Kat’s injuries. Not life-threatening as a rule, but lack of treatment, potential infection and insufficient nutrition could change that.

”I’ll be gone for only ten minutes at a time. But is there anything you need before I head off the first time. Oh, and welcome to Tash-Taral.”

[member="Fanus Ren"]

Katelyn Feanor

Kat listened to Tejori's words and waited till she finished talking before speaking again.

"No I'm fine...but save some of the medical supplies for yourself, I'm sure it sells for a good amount.."

Well, at least she thinks it would sell for a lot of money seeing as how medical supplies is usually valued on the black market. On a junyard world, it would most likely make a lot of credits or rations, or both. Tash-Taral? Hmm, strange that I've never heard about, will I do only spend time learning about Hoth, Tattoine, and Dathomir along with a few my master assigns me. Well, at least it's a change from Hoth. Kat enjoyed the feel of the heat on her skin, the way the wind blew through her hair and touched her skin. The way sand felt on her skin. Mostly due to the fact she grew up on an Ice Planet.

Kat removed her arm from her side for a minute to check her wound. It wasn't anything major, thank goodness, but it was something that felt painful. A three and a half inch cut winded down the right side of her abdomen. The most visible part of the cut was at the top, where it was a few centimeters wide. Blood was visibly dripping from the wound, staining the ground to the lower right of Kat a red color which when mixed with the sand, looked as it was a dark red.

Kat removed her father's leather jacket, crumpling it up on her lap before tearing off a sleeve of her shirt and wrapping it around her middle, stopping some of the blood leakage temporarily. Hey, at least that medical class payed off after all for the first time. Now, I'm actually kind of glad my parents made me take that class. Man, maybe I shouldn't always judge them for making me do things against my will.

Tejori Lotor

The ship remained stable —which was a plus. It didn't rock or wobble as she worked her way forward toward the cockpit. Some parts of the ship had been on fire and the heat was a factor. At times, due to the obstructions, she had to go down on her hands and knees, grit her teeth when the hot metal burned her, and crawlalong.

She found herself in the cockpit. She put a hand on the back of the pilot's chair to steady herself and realised it was occupied. As was the other seat. Both were dead and the sight of them made her jump back. Something fell from the headrest as she did and clattered against metal. It took a moment before she recognised what she'd knocked free. She found herself smiling again, despite the circumstances.

She picked up the fallen goggles. She held them up, examining them. There wasn't a scratch on them. She slung the goggles around her neck, then pulled a flashlight from her satchel.

Her biggest fear was that she would find more bodies, and sadly she did. Many clearly died from the impact, others must have burned to death. And she was aware she’d promised to return every ten minutes so she made her way back with care. Due to the way the ship had settled, moving through it was treacherous though not unmanageable. She had to explore slowly because she needed one hand to steady herself, the other for her light. She first found the crew quarters but a cursory glance revealed nothing if note. Next she found the galley and saw that half the rations had been damaged, but there were up to a hundred quick-meal packs still intact and sealed and a purifier jug that would turn dirty water into something she could drink. She almost laughed with joy.

When she saw the green light, though, she did laugh.

The reactor core was to the aft, and it should've been dead. There should've been no power running to any system aboard. She almost missed it. She thought it was a reflection from her flashlight, an afterimage, but when she turned away it clung to her peripheral vision. She half-slid to the main control panel. She was so excited she couldn't catch her breath. The light was weak, but it was there, it was real, and it illuminated two words on the button. Her heart in her throat, Tejori pressed it.

Overhead and all around her, lights flickered to life as auxiliary power was restored to the ship. She gave the galley a second search and found what she expected to find — a med kit. It was no doctor’s bag, but it contained enough for Kat initially.

She headed back to the woman now, and noted she’d managed to staunch the flow of blood herself.

“Here’s some medical supplies, food and water. Once you’re stable we can check to see if any of your personal effects made it. How are you feeling?”

[member="Fanus Ren"]

Katelyn Feanor

[member="Tejori Lotor"]
[OOC: Sorry for the delay]
"I'm feeling..better after getting my thoughts and other stuff together after the crash but I'll feel a a bit more better after stitching up this wound."

Kat untied the sleeve of her shirt from her side, letting the now bloodied sleeve drop to the sand. Her eyes came upon a good amount of medical supplies and she took little of it, keeping some for Tejori. Oh man, this is gonna hurt stitching this blasted wound. Just, just hold in the pain, or try to at least.

Kat opened one of the three small medical boxes and found what she needed a needle and thread along with some other stuff. She found an empty syringe and loaded it up with what appeared to be an antibiotic and nullifying liquid which would temporarily nullify the pain the the area. Oh great. my hand is shaking while doing this. I might actually have to ask for help which I'm bad at doing. Well, might as well get as far a possible until I need help. Kat slowly and shakily lowered the syringe to a specified area which would carry the medicine to the wounded area. She pressed down three fingers on the out-stretching handle, slowly sending the medicine towards the wounded area. While she was doing this, she was almost entirely shaking out of nervousness and pain.

She gasped quietly when that was done, slowly feeling the nullifying effects kick in. But their was one problem, she didn't trust herself stitching up the wound.

"Uh, Tejori, could you try to stitch this up?"

Tejori Lotor

Don’t worry, RL always comes first

Tejori allowed the woman free use of the medicines. Credits were credits but health was health — and she’d never let anyone starve or suffer because of money.

Never.

On second viewing, the cut looked worst than she’d first estimated. Maybe it was the light? Regardless, it was going to take a few stitches. So she watched as the woman gave herself a shot of antibiotics — to at least limit the likelihood of infection. And pain-meds — she took those too.

"Uh, Tejori, could you try to stitch this up?”

Tejori grimaced. It was one thing to sew together a couple of scraps of cloth. In theory it was the same — but she was never proud of her needlework.

“I can do it, but it may not be pretty.”

She smiled. Out here it made no difference what you looked like. Being healthy was an attractive trait, but scars? They made no difference. But this young woman wasn’t from around here. Her clothes weren’t hand-made — at least not by the wearer.

So she sterilised a needle and rummaged through the medikit for something she could stitch with. Finding it, she threaded the needle and put her hand on the young woman’s stomach.

“I can’t promise this won’t hurt, but I’ll be quick and as neat as I can. But quick has to take priority out here in the desert, OK?”

And she handed the woman a small package of bandages. “Put this in your mouth and bite on it. It might help some.”

“But then again it might not,” she said under her breath as she began sewing. After thirty seconds she'd forgotten it was a human being she was working on. In ten minutes she’d finished and avoided looking Kat in the eye. “I’m done. Try not to wriggle if you can help it, OK?”

[member="Fanus Ren"]

Katelyn Feanor

"Ok.."

Kat placed the small package of bandages in her mouth and bit down on it. Then the needling started. Ok, will it would have to feel worse to have no medicine or any of that other stuff while being patched up as you would feel even more pain but it....aghh, feels horrible being awake while it's happening with limited medical alive. Well, I can safely say I'll live...but I'll be in pain...oh a pit of pain for a while. Every once and a while during the stitching process, Kat winced in pain while close to the end, shaking slightly as the needle cut in deeper than she had anticipated it would.

"..O-ok..thanks again.....hope I can help you to the best of my ability....while still weak..."

Kat grabbed the package out of her mouth and took a small roll of bandages before lightly wrapping them around her middle, being careful to pull it tight but not rub wrongly against the stitches and cut. It did take a while, but once it was done, it was nice and tight despite the part where the wound was becoming a bit damp from blood. But that didn't bother her one bit, at least she found somebody to help her. Hey, do I still have my knife on me.....let's see..Yes, luckily I do. Kat slowly took the knife out of it's sheath which got burnt from the crash and swiped against the bandage, cutting it and saving the rest of the bandage roll. She placed the roll back into the package and placed it by Tejori.

[member="Tejori Lotor"]

Tejori Lotor

Practical beat pretty in Tejori’s mind. Dying of an infection was significantly worse than having an ugly scar. Even one that was visible – not that this one was. In this place…in these times…being pretty only ever got you the most unwanted of attention. It was part of the reason she smeared oil across her face. It was not a good look – which was precisely the idea.

So she worked quickly and diligently and did her best to minimise the pain, but she was passing a needle through flesh – there was only so much she could do.

Once she’d finished, Kat applied her own bandage. Tejori realised she was sweating – such was the concentration of the task she’d accomplished. The ship was scrubbing air – which was positive – and the light was a real plus. It would almost be a pity to strip the ship of so many useful parts. But Tejori knew the place would be a carcass within a day. Once dawn broke, scavengers would be heading out to claim what they could. However impersonal it might seem, Tejori needed to let the woman know that during the night, she would be looking to scavenge the most saleable items. Her speeder only held so much and she’d probably have to give the survivor a lift – which limited what she could carry – but that was what any decent human being would do. She wondered how many other scavengers would though.

Tejori eyed the remaining meds. She collected them into the kit but chose not to put them in her satchel. For now they would remain between them. Tejori would never eat at the expense of someone’s health.

"Tell me, was there any cargo on board, or was it just transporting people?” There was a chance that someone from off-planet was looking for the ship. It would be stripped before they found it – but too valuable a cargo and the owners might not give up until they recovered their property.

[member="Katelyn Thanewulf"]

Katelyn Feanor

[member="Tejori Lotor"]

Kat closed her eyes for a few minutes to clear her mind. The biggest reason was to calm herself from everything that had just happened, a near death experience, and a stranger saving her beyond other personal problems. Boy, was today 'interesting' to say the least so far. Suddenly, she heard Tejori give off a question which caused her to stumble away from her personal thoughts. Was the ship transporting any cargo or was it just people. Hmm, that's interesting to say the least, well let's see. Ah, that one thing...oh wait that was just some crude fuel. Uhm......oh chit!

"....I did overhear something from a group of three men who were oddly dressed. It was something along the lines of, '..Those vial creatures are in deep storage on deep storage in the rear, so they shouldn't get loose.' I'm not sure what creatures they were exactly talking about, but I believe some type of creatures used in gladiatorial arenas."

Kat kept her eyes closed while straining to think. What else were they transporting anyways? It couldn't be anything like a rancor right?! Yeah, they weren't native to Hoth...well unless the ship was recently docked at a previous world before it went for Hoth. Hmm, now I feel like it's on the tip of my tongue but wh....owwww. Damn side, just try not to show any pain. Kat's right arm reached over the length of her mid-section and heavily hugged her side where the cut was now stitched up under the bandages. Then, suddenly it came back to her. A prison barge was alongside the large transport vessel flanked by security vessels. If, if.....the large ship crashed than what about the.....Chit.

"W-were there other ships that crashed down nearby? Any appearing to be in a long hexagonal fashion?"

Tejori Lotor

Tejori listened. She had tremendous patience — you needed it when you could go days holed up because of one of the frequent dust-storms. But when a window of opportunity presented itself, you had to be quick, because someone else would beat you to it if not.

Like now.

She had a significant head-start, which here meant a few hours. No more and possibly less. Time spent chatting was good — she rarely had anyone to speak to — but it was entirely unproductive.

But when Kat started to speak, she realised the importance of what she said. She put all of the data way for analysis as she listened.

Oddly dressed men? What did that mean? Most off-worlders looked odd to Tejori. But odd to an off-worlder? That must be significant.

And creatures? That spelled trouble. They might escape, or a promising locked door might be home to one. Or all of them. And although things mechanical could be loaded up and sold, livestock, unless edible, was way above her pay grade. She lacked any real weapons for a start.

She was suddenly aware that Kat was still in pain. “Take more meds,” she said and found a painkiller-stim that she injected into Kat, without waiting for permission.

Which is when she heard the question about another ship.

“Thing is, when a ship nearly lands on your head, you’re kind of distracted. It tends to block out anything else nearby. But tell me, what’s the significance of these other ships?” To Tejori it meant that, whatever the reason, someone might come looking for this one.

Katelyn Feanor

[member="Tejori Lotor"]

Kat was about to protest when Tejori brought out a painkiller syringe but she didn't act fast enough along with being a bit weak giving Tejori the opening to inject the painkiller meds. Kat opened both of her eyes again just as the thickest part of her hair fell over her left eye, blinding her left eye from seeing anything save for her dark-chocolate colored hair. It didn't annoy her one bit, in fact she usually wore her hair like this. Hopefully Tejori doesn't inject me with any more meds and hopefully she tries to save them. Cause we need to keep those for both of us.

Kat looked over to her right and saw her father's leather jacket still crumpled up but she didn't move it, no sense in getting anymore blood on it anyways; seeing as how a good amount of blood was on the inside where a piece of shrapnel tore through the jacket and through her skin. Well, at least the jacket survived...that's one good thing. Well, besides the large tear in the jacket and the blood stain. Hopefully I'll be able to fix it somehow, someway. Suddenly, Kat heard Tejori's question, drawing her thoughts away from the jacket.

"The ship...it was being flanked by both security and mercenary personal transports. This...gav-it gave me the impression that the large vessel in the middle was in fact a prison ship. If my suspicion is right, the symbol on the vessel was that of the Republic. This could mean that, the vessel was holding war-prisoners and.......will, hopefully they will send out ships to retrieve any survivors...."

Tejori Lotor

There was no honour amongst thieves. Not in Tejori’s experience. And scavengers weren’t much better. They wouldn’t necessarily kill you over a find — they were typically too weak and lacking in emotional strength for cold-blooded murder. But they’d let you die if it benefitted them.

So she was not a typical scav. Hence the meds. She had an in-built need for fairness that meant she would not allow Kat to suffer. And she was optimistic enough to believe there was enough to scavenge here that the loss of meds was inconsequential.

In part she regretted mentioning their value. But she had and needed to take it into consideration.

Tejori tried to process the information. She knew of Tash-Taral. And not even the whole planet. Politics existed at the trading centre. And at the town she’d previously lived in. And on the pod-racing circuit. But other planets? The…Republic? Just words to her. Like war. It was a concept as opposed to a reality. Prisoners?

And was Kat a prisoner? Probably not, or she wouldn’t admit what she’d just shared. Bu it reenforced the idea that people would come looking. Not just locals for salvage, but off-worlders.

“Are you fit enough to move? You could really help speed this up if you could tell me which rooms held what.” She was familiar with many ships — but aside from understanding how to fly them, or their payload, she didn’t have a record in her head of schematics or floor-plans. But Kat did, and so was invaluable.

“And once I’m done, we can make sure you’re rescued, yes?”

Katelyn Feanor

[member="Tejori Lotor"]
"Yeah I...think so."

Now was the time to get up. Well, try to get up that is. Okay, let's see...the pain shouldn't be that bad seeing as how I got injected with meds again but it will still be painful to walk around because their is probably internal damage but that can wait. Kat grabbed the leather jacket to her right and rested it over her shoulder before using the wall for support and slowly standing up. Once standing up to her full height and taking a step, she felt pain shoot up her leg and pain shoot through her side but she had to keep on going. Now wasn't the time to be weak, but strong...or as strong as you could be.

Kat slowly made her way down the corridor and into a room on her left. She moved slowly at first but with each second fasting, she moved faster and faster..well as fast as an injured person could move.

"This...I believe is the Armory."

She turned the corner and into the room and beheld metal crates all over the place. Wires hanging from the ceiling, zapping off electricity every now and then along with metal plates laying across the ground in a messy pattern. She limped over towards a metal crate and kicked the crate open with her good leg, denting the lid enough for her to reach a hand under and take off the lid. Kat reached inside and withdrew two pistols. She handed one to Tejori before sitting down on the crate.

"...Might be other weapons around the room...somewhere..."

Tejori Lotor

Tejori stood near Kat — in case she needed help — but far enough away to give her independence. Tejori was no social animal but she understood personal space and pride, and so kept a sensible distance.

She could tell the young woman was still in pain but it appeared manageable. Movement might help. But then it might make it worse. Tejori pocketed another pain-killer med — just in case Kat needed it.

An armoury? If you were looking for things to sell, weapons always fetched a decent price. She could never afford to keep one — food was always more valuable than a blaster that you might never use.

As armouries go, it wasn’t military grade. There were the two blasters and various less lethal options. What appeared to be tasers and a rack of batons. They didn’t appear to have a great value — there were no electronics for a start. But as a weapon? She could see them being useful, so she attached one to her belt…she could practice later.

There were a fair few portable communicators — so she looked around and found a small duffel bag and started to fill it. The blaster followed them. She didn’t know how to use one. But then she fished it out again. If she pointed it in the right direction, others might not know she didn’t know how to use it.

“Food. Anything non-perishable always has a value. Do you remember where the kitchens are?”

Katelyn Feanor

[member="Tejori Lotor"]
"Uh, yeah I do."

Kat stood up again, this time a bit shaky. She limped out of the armory, half carrying herself along the wall as she did so. Kat limped down the hall, leaning against the wall to her left as she did so.

Why..why do I have a limp? Eh, it doesn't matter....although, this could be trouble if anything from the crash came to this ship. Hopefully I don't have anything wrong....though I wouldn't bet on it.

Kat pocketed the blaster she found from the armory into a leather holster which had blood on it which was currently strapped to her right thigh. While doing so, she looked down feeling something warm and seeing that their was a tear in her pants where a long and narrow gash went up her leg. Blood war dripping down her leg and even narrow streams of blood were already going down her leg. A piece of jagged metal was stuck in the region below the knee but above the ankle. Luckily, it just barely missed an artery so she wouldn't bleed out. But still. Kat pulled a piece of her pants which was torn and laying on it's side against the side of her leg, over the gash as to hide it from Tejori. She didn't want Tejori to waste any more meds on her.

Chit, of course now I found it. And of course it's leaking blood onto the ground as I walk. Kark It!

Kat limped towards a open doorway where the metal door was broken, leaving the doorway half open in which the other half was where the electrical metal doorway got stuck just before the crash. She limped towards the nearest wall on her left and leaned against it, tucking her right leg close to her body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom