Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It stirs the blood…

Kashyyyk.jpg

Corvus was one of the last Jedi to leave the planet. They’d just restored order amid the anarchy that had prevailed following the One Sith’s departure.

It was a strange place in many ways – its lack of axial tilt and perfectly circular orbit meant no seasons for one thing. And it had more than its fair share of battles – especially recently. But she was brought out of her thoughts by a a barrage of Shyriiwook. She’d spent enough time here to understand the basics but the speaker was going too fast for her.

She smiled at him. “Please..my command of your language is only so good. A little slower, please.” She smiled again.

“Aguhwwggghhh aarrragghuuhw raaaaaahhgh uughghhhgh uuh huurh aaaaahnr.” He definitely slowed down this time around.

“OK, OK, You’ve found someone in the forest right? And he bears the markings of a slave, yes? But your people suspect he is a pirate and wish for me to meet him?”

“Awwggghhh huurh uuh.”

Corvus nodded, “Good, I’m glad we understand each other. Please show me the way.” She followed the Wookiee to where a handful of his compatriots were surrounding a young man. He appeared tall and with a few days of beard growth, his body muscular and most importantly to Corvus – she could tell immediately he was Force-Sensitive.

She bowed politely and smiled. “You seem to have found some friends. Now, they’re keen we should chat and if you’d rather leave this planet than stay here as their guest indefinitely, I’d suggest we talk. But of course it’s up to you.”

[member="Vilair Revakin"]

Vilair was tired. Tired of running, tired of fighting, and most of all, tired of losing. Sure he had gained his freedom and and was living the life of adventure, but they were always cut short. His latest band of pirate friends had been killed, and Vilair was the only survivor after he had managed to hijack an escape pod. That however, wasn't what frustrated him. What sent anger throughout his bones just at the thought was, why is he alive? Why, after so many of his 'friends' die in battle or even diseases, was Vilair still breathing?

It seemed so unfair. Even the landing on Kashyyyk seemed impossible. His pod had been hit and after crashing into the wilderness, he was sure to be eaten by some wild beasts, only to have a group of Wookies save his life. Death eluded him.

These hairy creatures seemed to have known about Vilair and must have been notified of the escape pod with a member of a pirate group inside, heading towards their planet. Was he now their captive? Unlikely, or he would have been put in chains by now. They did however not keep him on his knees, denying him any attempt to get up. Whatever they were doing, Vilair deduced they were waiting on somebody. A superior maybe? He'd ask, but their language was not something he understood, and what seemed like an interrogation by one of them was more like a parent scolding a silent child.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, a voice he could understand broke the silence. As if reacting to the voice, Vilair tried to stand - only to be pushed back down by the sound of weapons charging and aimed at him.

Managing to slowly turn his head, he swallowed hard. A jedi. Was she here to arrest him? Is this what it all came down to? Only to be put behind bars again.

She spoke again, and offered him a chance to leave or stay. Well he'd much rather stay if she was here to arrest him, but what would the Wookies do to him? He had done his fair share of harm to them by being a pirate. He could go with the jedi, because well it seemed all she wanted to do was have a chat.

Taking a few seconds of a pause, he glanced back at her. He chose to go, and if she were here to arrest him, he figured it would be easier to escape from her, than from the Wookies who knew their home planet much better than Vilair could ever know.

"Sure. Let's talk. Either that, or you use your Jedi mind tricks to make me go anyway. Unless you've used them already now. Which in that case, they are working just fine."

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

She saw him look up at her and the look on his face. It wasn’t one that said he’d been saved. She was a Jedi – that stood out a mile – so to be greeted like this did not bode well. He clearly expected her to arrest or punish him. You didn’t need to be able to use the Force to deduce that meant he was guilty of something.

He took what must have seemed an age to reply to her offer. It was a good things she was known for her patience. She’d have waited all day if she had to. Finally he agreed to talk and his opening statements told her a lot more than he probably expected – and certainly meant.

The trouble with breaking the news to someone that they’re Force-sensitive is that you never know how they’ll take it. Corvus tended to be simple and up-front with the announcement but sometimes you scared them off. Everyone, it seemed, had pre-conceived ideas of the space wizards! I mean, did she really come across as a goody-goody with no sense of humour? Scratch that, the description was too close for comfort.

“Let’s walk.” She started and simply assumed he’d follow and knew the Wookiees would allow him to join her. “I’m Corvus by the way. Now there are a couple of reasons why you should know I haven’t used a Mind Trick on you. Firstly it’s unethical. To be used under very specific circumstances. But you’re forgiven for not knowing that. The second reason is more important.” Corvus was walking alongside the man, it was always better to chat this way rather than face to face. People tended to talk more freely.

“If I’d have tried you would have felt it. You see, Mind Tricks work best on those that are weak-minded. Those that are Force-Sensitive are invariably immune as they tend to know their mind is being manipulated.”

She carried on walking, allowing the information to sink in. On this occasion, she had decided the direct approach was not one she'd try.

This jedi seemed to have some considerable amount of respect. No sooner did she mention for him to walk, the Wookies completely relaxed their 'grip' on him. Impressive. However, it seemed like she was under the impression that he would actually follow her, when instead he could just go his own way if she wasn't planning on stopping him at least. She did let him go though, and he owed it to her to at least walk with her as per request.

Standing up, he grabbed his belongings and began to walk alongside her as he rummaged through his bag while listening to what the Jedi had to say. Her tone was interesting, as well as the way she spoke to him. Assuming some sort of authoritative level over Vilair, and this was something he was hostile to always. Nobody had power over him, and nor was he about to allow that to happen. She probably knew about his past crimes, and as Vilair saw it, he'd have to listen through and probably do whatever she requested, or be arrested.

He listened to her as she gave him a little lecture about mind tricks and how the Jedi used them, however it was her 'closing' statement that really delivered an uppercut.

"Those that are force-sensitive are invariable immune as they tend to know their mind is being manipulated."

Was she trying to say that he had the powers of the force within him? If that were so, that explained a lot.

"So that's why I just can't seem to die..."

He stopped walking, and let the thought sink in. This meant that he had an opportunity to change his life. To alter his destiny as the captain of his fate. Vilair looked back at Corvus and her peculiarly violet eyes. Now that he had a better view of her, he realized just how attractive she was. He'd never seen a human Jedi before, and if all of the women looked like this then he really must be missing out.

A slight breeze rippled through the air and Vilair knelt down as he pulled out a shirt and pulled it over his exposed upper body. Taking a brief moment to himself he stood up and looked back at Corvus.

"Then...What does that mean for me?"

He knew what being force-sensitive was, instead he was more curious as to what would happen to him now?
It would be cruel to tell a man his capabilities before taking them away from him, if that's what she was here for...

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

It never occurred to Corvus that she wouldn’t be accompanied by the young man – although he was never in real danger of escaping. But perhaps we was a little presumptuous? Hopefully not.

She was aware he was rummaging through his bag but she walked and talked regardless – if he missed anything she said, he would no doubt ask her to repeat it.

"So that's why I just can't seem to die..."

She heard his thoughts vocalised but let them hang, it was only fair not to jump in with more talk – he needed to get his head around the news and sooner or later he’d have more to say. They always did. Occasionally they walked away by themselves – which was fine – it was their path to walk. Only once or twice she’d had to advise them to walk away, their needs were not compatible for the life of a Jedi. And of course she’d taken the risk on one or more occasions – sometimes with a good outcome, sometimes not.

She was aware he’d stopped walking, so she turned to face him, her usual half-smile playing on her lips. She noticed the breeze and realised he’d been scouring his bag for a shirt. She waited patiently for the inevitable question but remained calm, unflappable and above all patient.

"Then...What does that mean for me?"

“In simple terms it means choices. Please don’t believe everything you hear about the Jedi and them being dogmatic. You are an individual and as such you can choose what you do with your life. If you choose to be a Jedi, then there are certain expectations. The life of a Jedi is not for everyone. And some Jedi Orders are less…let’s say they’re just different. It’s about understanding the person you are and firstly deciding if you can honour the Code. Not just part of it, all of it. It’s not a buffet that people can pick and choose what they like – it’s a set meal and you have to eat each course.”

“If I make it sound challenging, that’s because it is. It’s hard work – but it’s also rewarding work. To be a Jedi means to serve. I serve the Galactic Republic. And I honour the Jedi Code and its tenets and pillars. And I do so absolutely. So my question to you is, what do you want from your life?”

He listened to her, trying his best not to crack a smile. She seemed so serious about the Jedi. The way she even explained it to him. She must be very loyal as well as dedicated, that much he could tell. He was already quite familiar with the Jedi, often encountering some or rather the appropriate word would be; fleeing.

Vilair studied her for a few moments as she asked him, just what it was that he wanted from his life. They were obviously so different already. They may have the force within them as a similarity, however so far that was it. It seemed like she clung to her code and whatever pillars she built her future on him. No, he was different. Adapting to any situation as well as changing his morals constantly to better himself. But the life of a Jedi? That is something he had never dreamt about, even more so to even consider it.

A Jedi had to serve. Vilair spent his whole life serving his owner, even while taking his life it seemed like he was serving him. Only when he killed him did he truly feel free, no longer bound by any rules. However, Jedi were also very powerful, and to ignore the powers of the force within him would be foolish. Once more, he needed to change and adapt.

"I want the most out of my life. If that can be achieved through the Jedi order, then it is something I must consider."

He knew that in a way, he was prepared for whatever he had coming at him. She claimed it was challenging, and that he could believe. He was skilled with swords and fighting and the prospect of learning how to use the force, was intriguing and sort of a new challenge for him. Something he could sharpen his skill with and he was already relishing the opportunity. Bounding himself by a set of codes and rules, even that seemed intriguing already although limiting, he wanted to test himself to the limits again.

His gaze dropped down to her lips as she cracked what seemed like a half-smile, and at that moment it seemed like his decision had been made.

"The choice I make is, this. If I have the force within, and can use that to better the universe around me, then I would be ignoring a great calling by taking the easy path."

Glancing back up at the sky, he continued. "I am willing to take the path less traveled."

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Exercising her patience, she continued to walk and allow the natural gaps in the conversation grow until the young man felt it necessary to fill them. She had lots of answers but they only counted if the question was asked. And she was in no mood to come across like she was interrogating him, so she remained as calm and as neutral as she could.

"I want the most out of my life. If that can be achieved through the Jedi order, then it is something I must consider."

His first response was interesting. Typically people joined the Order for self-achievement. Many were wary to join as they did not like the concept of servitude. Yet to Corvus, most came to realise over time their preconceptions were wrong. She could help to make him the best Jedi he could be. But as he progressed he would realise that his developed strength actually benefited others more than him. But you could never explain that – you had to experience it. In much the same way you can’t learn to swim by standing at the side of the pool, or out of a book. Only by doing did you truly understand.

And the aspect of servitude was another people got wrong. Corvus served because she chose to – not because she had to. She could walk away at any moment. The fact that she didn’t was not the same as a typical slave or even servant that had no choice.

But his response showed he was considering it – and that was a lot better than those who said yes without conscious thought. Who decided they were less sure after they’d started.

"The choice I make is, this. If I have the force within, and can use that to better the universe around me, then I would be ignoring a great calling by taking the easy path. I am willing to take the path less travelled."

She nodded. “I would be a liar if I said I knew you would say that, but I am pleased. Not for me but for you. It is a great calling and your ability to do good will grow exponentially as you develop your connection to the Force.”

“But before you jump on my ship and we disappear to Ossus, tell me, what are your thoughts on what it means to be a Jedi? What excites or worries you? What have you heard that you can’t quite believe? And I’ll answer the one I get asked most often to get it on and off the table quickly. Celibacy is not required but few Jedi have partners because of the complications of attachments. That is certainly the reason for me. If I fear to lose someone then it will impact my life as a Jedi.”

He chuckled quietly and looked out into the distance of the shrouded forests as she explained the celibacy of Jedis. Giving her a rather confused look as she mentioned that she was one of the Jedi that choose the life without love, or any emotional connection. To him, that seemed impossible. To live in such a way, where your emotions are so seared shut that you cannot have a connection with somebody else? Even more interesting, was that someone of her... appearance, was a celibate.

"I do not know what it means personally for me to be a Jedi. I have not yet crossed that road. I believe I will slowly understand that it means as I go through the process of becoming one. Currently, all I see it as somebody you don't want to run into when trying to hijack a diplomatic ship."

Taking a step towards her, he slung the bag over his shoulder, indicating that he was ready to go. "I don't have many worries, but I am excited about learning how to wield a lightsaber. I know a thing or two about how to use a sword, however your weapons of choice I am eager to learn."

It was true. He was quite experience with swords and blasters when it came down to it. However, learning how to wield a saber had to be every swordsman's dream.

Running a hand through his hair, he smiled at Corvus. Naturally, he was charming to others and wooing women was never a problem for him. But he could only imagine just how difficult it would be to try and charm her. She was already impervious to mind tricks, not to mention charm.

"But a Jedi's main goal is to bring peace right? How can one truly bring peace of he is not attached to something? Mustn't one love something to dedicate their lives to them or it?"

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

She glanced across and could guess at his thoughts, so before she started to consider his comments, she thought it best to offer an explanation.

“When I was young – I was four when I joined the Academy – it was noted I had a natural affinity for Empathy. As my ability to use the Force grew, so did this inherent talent. So if I were in a room, I could sense every emotion of every person. Plus any animals. It was like everyone was shouting at me at the same time. The only way I could cope was to learn to shut all emotions down – in and out.”

“Recently I have learned to filter emotions rather than exclude them, but a lifetime without them has left me a novice in their use – so I tend not to try to. It makes a lot of things easier to deal with. Not all, but a lot.”

“I appreciate you are coming in with your eyes open rather than having any preconceived ideas. But you’re right, we take hijacking badly – diplomat or otherwise. You see we see all life as equal.”

“And your ability to wield a sword will be of use. I know someone who was a fencing champion – she likes to drop it into conversations whenever she can – and it certainly helped her. The saber is an unusual weapon as it has no mass. Wielding it without the Force is at best challenging and to be proficient? Impossible.”

“Your final point is a good one. I vowed to serve the Republic – that is why I am a peace-keeper. I don’t feel the need to love to risk my life. I see it as a duty I guess. Perhaps that’s not enough for some people? It’s hard to say as we see the world not as it is but as we are. Sometimes it’s hard to see another’s point of view.”

“Well, that was philosophical. Please, as we walk, tell me more about yourself.”

Vilair listened to her intently as she explained her reasoning, slightly disappointed when he heard that she now learned to only filter through certain emotions. At this rate, it seemed the Sith would have more compassion and emotion than the Jedi. However, this explained her hard shell exterior around her. Normally when talking to a female, he'd have found some sort of connection on an emotion and use that to build off of it. With Corvus, it was different and now he understood why.

"I've heard many a rumor about the saber. Which is why I am looking forward to this..Honestly, if it weren't for the sabers I would have walked away from this conversation long ago." He joked with a smile.

Her reasons for serving the Jedi, weren't anything he didn't expect. Admirable, the loyalty and dedication to such a life it was.

When she had asked about him, he didn't expect it. Not so soon at least, and not for a while... However, the time was now and Vilair was never one to talk about his past. Come to think of it, he never told anybody his past. That was something shrouded in secrets, cloaked by anger and hate that he had carried from his past years as a slave. The question reminded him of all the beatings he endured and physical suffering, made his blood boil. Forged in the pits of the mines, refreshed only by his own sweat, consoled only by his tears and brought out by blood.

"There's not much to say. I am as simple as they come."

Would she believe it? Vilair didn't know whether or not she had some sort of information on him. She was a Jedi, and more than capable with those sort of archives and information the temples held...

"A few turns down the road of life here and there, and I ended up here on Kashyyyk. Unconscious and being dragged out here by Wookies and now talking to you... I'd much rather prefer the latter without the other two events today."

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

“I could feed you a line about thinking with your saber, but it’s a little too cheesy for a first meeting. Rest assured it’s an integral part of being a Jedi and you’ll get to use one soon enough.”

When she asked the throwaway question about him, she was not expecting the answer that came back.

"There's not much to say. I am as simple as they come."

Corvus knew when to push for a more complete answer and when to let the one offered rest – and this was one of the times when she knew not to probe. If he wanted to tell her, he would in time.

“We end up where we end up. I reached Ossus because my Master on Corellia died when I was fourteen and I couldn’t cope with it. I was about to get attacked by four men in some back-alley when a Jedi showed up and rescued me. OK there were no Wookiees involved but rarely are circumstances perfect.”

“Anyway, about me, as it’s only fair I share something of my life. Born and raised on Corellia, joined the Order aged four and arrived on Ossus aged fourteen, some twelve years ago. I’m a competent trainer and know as much as most on Jedi Lore. I spend most of my time on Ossus when not doing missions like this one or on official business. And that’s me.”

“Is there anywhere we need to go first, or do we go straight to Ossus?”

Her small summary of her past seemed like she was trying to build a platform of trust with one another. Whatever it was, seemed to have some sort of effect since now Vilair felt like he owed her at least a little more about his past. Her brief explanation of what she does, seemed to be just the introduction that masked a grander introduction under which lied a whole story.

"So that's what you Jedi do. Spend time on Ossus drinking Jura juice, while the rest of the galaxy goes to hell." He joked with a friendly tone.

He didn't really know what her humor level was like, and frankly he still couldn't tell. However, he found that in most of the situations in his life. A good joke always had some sort of positive effect.

"I don't believe I have anything left to see on this planet. I never intended to land on here anyway either. Unless you have some sort of other business you have to attend here on Kashyyyk, I am ready to go."

He was much eager than he let on. Maintaining a calm collected composure, took a great amount of effort. Would he become a Jedi legend, known for stopping all evil in the galaxy? Or a respected Jedi Master, who was known for having an immense impact on the peace of the galaxy, restoring order and peace? Or would he be just another Jedi, overshadowed the greats and be just another statistic, given a small bow in recognition to his small contribution to the galaxy? Or would he be killed gloriously in battle, and be the hero in kids tales of the night?

He shook those thoughts from his head, and cleared his mind, yet now even more excited to begin this new journey.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

She laughed at his summary of the Jedi, and assumed it was in jest. “Some of us drink blue milk you know.”

His desire to leave fitted in neatly with her own views. Twice she’d visited the planet in recent times. Once to see mass genocide by the Sith as they took the planet and killed thousands of Wookiees, and just now, to liberate the world and hand it back to its rightful owners.

So she nodded at his request and change direction to head back to her ship. “It’s a long journey as we head back, is there anything you’d like to do, know about or learn on the journey? Or I could simply ask you to learn the Code and its pillars and tenets and then we could talk about it.”

Her ship was close now, a Jedi Corvette. Nothing too impressive as ships go, but perfect for longer journeys and training on the fly.

Her mention of blue milk, triggered a craving. "I could really go for some right now."

Vilair was ready. And if he was quite honest, he wanted to get off this planet as soon as he could. The humidity was absolutely awful, and the sooner he could leave the planet, the sooner he could get over the fact that just hours ago he had lost his friends and comrades in the fight. Taking a moment, he looked up into the cloudy sky. The most likely were all killed, at least he saw most of them die. A failed attack, which you could blame on an unexpected turns of events.

For a moment, he could feel a small pang of grief and sorrow fill inside of him. They were after all the renegade which he spent at least a year with together already. Swallowing his emotion as to not show any signs of weakness, he silently saluted his comrades. They all died like men, and Vilair would honor them with their memories.

"There is no emotion. There is peace.
There is no ignorance. There is knowledge.
There is no passion. There is serenity.
There is no chaos. There is harmony.
There is no death. There is the force."

He glanced over at her, to see if she was surprised or not. "You under estimate me Jedi. When I was a child, I had found a small pocketbook that spoke about legends of the Jedi. I memorized everything I could before I had it taken away from me. Some of it I still remember."

Vilair always wished to become a Jedi and free all the slaves, and as a child it was the only happiness and dream he could cling to.

"I am ready to leave when you are."

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

“I’m sure we have some blue milk on the ship. I tend to carry the basics and blue milk counts right?” She smiled and reminded herself that she’d also added some straws to the inventory. That blue moustache was never a good look and she’d worn it too often for comfort.

“So we can have some as soon as we leave, the ship is not far from here.” And indeed, as they rounded a corner, the Jedi-class Corvette was waiting there for them.

His ability to memorise the Code was admirable – so she decided to also check his understanding. “The line, there is no passion. Tell me, do you believe Jedi to be devoid of passion?”

It was a simple question but at the same time complex. And one that Jedi debated long into the night. Was there a right answer? There were lots of right answers, but it was his understanding and application of the Code she was interested in, not his memory.

And as he answered, she lowered the ramp to enter the ship and they walked forward to the cockpit where Corvus started to punch in the codes to take them back to Ossus.

At that moment a protocol droid poked its head around the corner. “Oh, master I heard-“ Corvus cut him off with a finger to her lips. Vilair deserved her undivided attention.

"No. I don't believe it is possible to be devoid of passion. In order to protect something, in your case the galaxy. There must be passion for something if you are willing to protect it. "

Vilair gazed at the ship before him. It truly was a beauty, and nothing like the kinds that he had been in before. His renegade had attempted to capture these beauty's before, however they were always much too fast and easily eluded their pursuits. To step onto a ship of this caliber, wasn't something he thought he'd be doing anytime soon. He wasn't even a Jedi yet, and things were already beginning to look up.

As they entered the ship, Corvus interrupted the droid and Vilair continued.

"How can you be devoted to something, without passion?"

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus smiled, his answers were good – but as there were no absolute right or wrong responses, she always enjoyed being tested herself.

“We are creatures that have passions. It would be foolish to think we had none. All we ask as a Jedi is that they do not drive the decision making processes. This is why we make the general point around attachments. Love for another could change a decision from what is for the greater good and what is good for you…or me. I close emotions down, but I am not immune to them. I grieve over loss. I love my sisters. I find things funny. But to date I have been able to suppress my emotions when they might take me down the wrong path. All except one time – but that is a story for another day. Or perhaps a lesson?” She appeared truly reflective for the first time at this point.

“Devotion? I suspect that means different things to different people. I serve the Republic, it is a duty. I follow the Code, it is a choice. I love my sisters and could never alter that. Perhaps I am devoted to them? The test will come one day when I have to decide what comes first – being a sister or being a Jedi. And I’m sure I’ll sound heartless when I say I suspect I will do my duty. So even devotion can be overridden by a cause. Perhaps that is my true devotion – to uphold peace in the galaxy?”

“You see, the Master-Padawan relationship is a two-way street, and Masters ignore that at their peril. You have taught me something today and for that I am grateful. Now, seeing as you’re so keen to learn how to use a saber, once I have taught you how to connect to the Force, how about we teach you how to wield a Jedi’s weapon?”

Vilair watched her smile, and mentally took note of how she looked while smiling. She didn't seem to do it often, and seemed the type to have a business over pleasure attitude, and who knows when she might smile again. He contemplated telling her she looked good with a smile, but rather suppressed the idea at the mention of her emotions shutting down. Wouldn't want to get started already on the wrong foot.

He listened to her reason and tried his best to understand her train of thought, however it seemed difficult. If anybody from his family was left alive, he'd do anything to protect them. Devotion, would never be overridden by a cause for him. Or maybe it was because he had never been presented with such crossroads like these, unlike Corvus who seemed to know what it was like.

As she mentioned training how to use a saber, he tensed. Finally. After all these years, he might be able to hold one. About time he could connect with the force as well.

"I suspect I will surprise you with my abilities with a saber. Nevertheless, I am ready."

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

As they sat on the ship, Corvus took them to the main sitting area.

“I suspect you’ve connected to the Force before. But never realised. Now the first time is always the hardest, so I’ll help you. Once you know the feeling, you can replicate it.”

“Close your eyes and empty your mind the best you can. Avoid conscious thought if at all possible. Just listen to my voice.” Corvus walked across and put a hand on his shoulder, gently and with only the lightest of grips.

Her voice remained calm and low, barely above a whisper. “The Force is all around us. It surrounds us and is within us. In your blood you have midi-chlorians that connect to it, that allow you to do things. Special things. A Jedi connects to the Force in this calm state. In time you will learn to connect more quickly, instantly in fact. But for now I need you to relax and sense the Force. No doubt you know what it feels like already, you just didn’t know what it was.”

Corvus pulled the Force to her and gently pushed a little into Vilair. He would feel it and once he recognised it, he could call on it himself. “Hold on to that feeling and then, search with your senses for more of the same. The Force is here – gently but firmly pull it to you. I know you can do it.”

Vilair silently listened to her as he closed his eyes. This was it. This was his way of knowing whether or not he really did have the force. This was a way of finding out if what she was saying was true. Did he really have the force within him?

Her soft grip on his shoulder, propelled him to seek the force within as he breathed slower and slower. Time seemed to slow around him as every slow exhale seemed to take an eternity. Focusing on clearing his mind, her soft tone seemed to remove any excess thoughts as he felt himself entering a calm and tranquil state guided by her voice.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity. He felt something.First on his shoulder, and it seemed to make it's way down across his whole body. A tug on the inside. Like some sort of unplayed strings were being strung, as he felt completely at peace and a sort of unachieved comfort. Something he had never felt before.

Unbeknownst to him, small object around him began to levitate as he was completely at peace.

"I feel...I feel the force."

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom