Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It has been quite some time ...

Lucien was getting older, he knew it would happen sooner or later. He was no longer youthful as he once was. He was by no means old but he was not young either. It was these thoughts that ran rampant in the courtyard of his mind palace. He was sat alone by the fire in his study, reminiscing on the past. He came to remember one Kära Vi'dreya. She was ten years old when they had last met ... or at least he thought she was, he was ashamed that he couldn't remember. She was apprenticed to the wrong man and he had tortured her for information on it. He had come to have mixed feelings on the matter on one hand it had been savage and depraved but on the other hand it had marked the beginning of his accent.

He wondered what had become of the silent broken girl he had watched whisked away into the cold night on Elom all those years ago. She would be a woman grown now ... He needed to speak to her. Pushing 'himself up from his chair and limped to his desk. Then he began writing an order to his network of ... investigators. He ordered that they find Lady Vi'Dreya and convey unto her a message requesting a meeting. It was 2:05 and he contemplated waiting till morning but the brandy would have worn off by then, so he awoke his staff and dispatched them to bear is message to the correct people.
@[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

Kära was aboard the Judgement when it happened. An official summoning, from a Lord of the Fringe. Dismissing the individual she turned and stared out of the window. She knew very few people within the Fringe, and those she was aware of would never think of summoning her in such a manner. Her gaze lingered upon the stars, buying her time to fully consider the implications. But it mattered not. With a subtle nod of her head she made up her mind, and turned away. "See to it that one of the new transport vessels are prepped and ready for launch."

With a dismissive wave of her hand the woman exited the bridge, wandering to her quarters. There she took up a spare set of robes and whatever else she required. It wasn't much, she was too practical for nonesensities. Next she travelled to the holocommunication station, in the form of a board room. Attempting to hook up a connection with the individual who had summoned her, if anything to figure out where she was heading, she waited. "This is Lady Vi'dreya, who is summoning and where?" Her voice held an authority the likes of which Lucien would not have expected, given how Kära was the last time they spoke.

@[member="Lucien Cordel"]

The summons to the holo-communication room took him by surprise, he had half forgotten the messages he had dispatched just a short time before and was currently eating Luncheon with two colleagues his communications officer approached him and spoke quietly into his ear he nodded before rising "My apologies but I am afraid Lunch will have to be cut short" his guests nodded and Lucien walked out remarking to the gaurd stationed at the door as he did, speaking in a hushed tone "Ensure they are out of my house with the next ten minutes."
Lucien appeared before the communicator in a hooded cloak, this was perhaps a tad excessive as he could be fairly certain she wouldn't recognize him after all this time. He would have been lying if he said he was not taken aback by her tone, she was clearly in possession of her mental faculties, he needed to take a moment to compose himself "My Lady, let us say I am an old ... friend, meet me at my mansion on zaadja, Tell the ground control you are a personal guest of the Governor and you will be directed to my hanger" He said his piece then terminated the conversation before walking upstairs to dress in something more formal and issue commands for a fine wine to be brought up from the cellar.

And thus she was given the location. Entering the vessel she took only herself, even Skydd was left behind. If this was a trap then she had a few tricks up her sleeve. Ones which only those closest to Kära knew of, and anyone close to Kära would not hide themselves away like the figure on the holocom had. Thus she decided to take a little gamble. The journey took long enough, and when she finally made it into the orbital sphere of the planet she sent down the required access codes.

Lowering the unmarked ship down into the hangar bay provided the woman composed herself. The journey had been a little tiring so she awoke herself with a cold shower and dressed herself in a new set of crisp robes. Exiting the ship she made her way toward the estate, hands clasping at her back. Her posture was perfect and she carried herself with an almost regal air. She was certainly not the child he had met so many years ago, but the question was... When she found out who he was, how would she react?

Lucien smiled as he saw the ship coming in to land from his office window. So it began, he rose from his chair running a hand down his jacket and ensuring he looked presentable. He strolled from his office greeted by a squad of bodyguards they walked in front of him as the group made their way to the hangar there approach signaled by the staccato rhythm of boots against the floor.

The hangar was a simple room the size of a medium sized warehouse and was sunk slightly lower than the house.At the rear of the Hangar was a balcony, reached by a parallel pair of stairs, which led to the mansion. It was from here that Lucien made his entrance, his guards fanned out from the doors some descending the stairs to take up position at the bottom. The finally came Lucien a wine glass clutched in his left hand. He strolled forward he carried himself in an equally regal way he was however more casual in his style. He reached the balcony rail before fully announcing his presence "Lady @[member="Kära Vi'dreya"] so good of you to come" He said with and easy smile wich twisted into a grin whith his next words "I trust you remember me?"

Things are a bit tense right now - Tyrion Lannister

Slowly but surely the woman approached the ground from upon the ramp. Therein she stood, hands clasped at her back still, and waited. Soon a multitude of men appeared, each taking positions about the room in a way which suggested precise training; they had done this before, meaning that the man who had invited her here was of some importance. But it was not they who she had her gaze upon, no; it was another who entered just after that caught her attention.

Even now, even after so many years, she knew his Force Presence. It sickened her, so much so that she took an involuntary and unintentional step backwards. Surely this was some joke? She felt her pride bristle a little at having been tricked in such a manner, especially by the likes of @[member="Lucien Cordel"] - he who had ordered a wealth of pain upon the little girl by Shinju. The pair had once been keen role-models for the girl Kära had been. But I am not the girl they once knew me as.

This thought was all that kept the Sith Lady in place, her eyes set upon the man as he approached. The smirk did little to stifle her anger, but Kära was very good at keeping tabs on her emotions and making it so they were not seen. Instead she appeared passive, allowing her anger to fuel through her body, as if building it up and storing it. Who knew when she might need to call upon her wealth of potential, the emotions she kept so tightly guarded for substantial release.

"Lucien Cordel," she said, "It has been quite some time."

"My Lady Vi'dreya" He said descending the stairs "Indeed it has"
He reached the bottom of the stairs standing a few meters away from @[member="Lady Kyros"] . He was glad to see she wasn't mad, he frowned and looked into the Ice that was Kara Vi'dreya
"I suppose you are wondering why I sought you out ..." He began "I brought you here to sate my conscience, I needed to bee sure I had caused no lasting damage ... Have I?"
He shuffled on his feet. This was a mistake he had no idea what to say or do. He was having a frantic attack of morality, Lucien attributed this to his advancing age or perhaps he was coming down with something ... of course it could be his fiances influence. He didn't know but he wished it would go away. He stood still, surrounded by guards facing down the seven year old he had tortured all those years before it knocked him sick all over again.

All it took was those last few words for Kära to be forced to recall what had happened - not so much in her own perspective, however, but his; he had been desperate, just as much as she had been terrified. Could she truly blame him for having to resort to such measures? Of course she herself would never have a child tortured, but his conscience had been present and severely effected. He had barely looked at her afterwards, in the silence which had stretched on before her Father appeared and fled with her.

Snapping out of her thoughts the woman managed a half smile. This was easier to face than she had imagined, despite how long it had taken her to get over it. For years she had childishly deemed him her 'enemy', but was that so? Now that she too was an adult, who had been under the same responsibilities as Lucien had been facing... She wasn't condoning his actions, but nor could she uphold the same anger she had always felt.

"I am well enough, My Lord - of course without knowing how I would have been without your little... Whatever we decide to call it in years to come ... well it's hard to compare." With a frown she said something she usually did not, owing to the fact that she hated alcohol. "Perhaps we ought to go inside and talk over a drink? Non-alcoholic for myself, of course," but she would not be judging him if he opted for another glass of wine.

"I am glad of this my lady" He said with more than a little relief, her next request surprised him. He had fully expected her to try to kill him, he was glad it wouldn't come to that "Yes, that sounds like a good plan" He eventually said before he turned "Follow me My Lady" he chirped retreating up the stairs.

A world of decadence existed behind the door to the hangar, the carpets in the corridor cost more than the houses the poor of zaadja occupied and fine art occupied the walls. It was aimed to impress but it did enrage some people, Luxury wasn't for every one. Lucien led Kära through the auditorium/entrance hall and into his drawing room. Lucien sat down in an arm chair and gesturing for Kara to sit down also. A fresh fire had been lit and moments later a servant entered the room bearing two glasses and a decanter of fruit juice. People would be correct if they though Lucien had telepathically instructed his servants to prepare. Lucien poured himself and @[member="Lady Kyros"] a drink as he pondered what to say. It wasn't easy to converse with a girl you had once had tortured.

"Hows your farther?" He eventually settled on. Lucien was unaware of Lussk's transformation so as far as he was concerned Dranok had been gone a number of years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom