Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It Had To Be Done

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Turmoil. It was everywhere. Kay could feel the dangers and threats that encircled her moving ever closer. All of them wanting her head in some form or another. Unfortunately that left others to suffer in their wake. Her only choice was to bring about the least amount of sufferimg and deaths as possible.

So this had to be done.

Kay sent out a message to her husband [member="Veiere Arenais"] . Although it wasn't written like normal, this time it was visual, a holo projection of herself.

~Hello my dear. As you predicted, things are not very peaceful. There are attacks by the First Order as well as threats by many other governments to the east. And all of it on me. Remaining on Zakuul only endangers them and I'll not have another situation like Munto City.~ She pauses for a moment. Normally she'd be sipping tea, but this time she didn't have any. ~I'm going to Mandalorian space. Yasha has once again offered me sanctuary. I know that you won't like it, but at least there I am safe from one of the biggest threats to me out there. I am not stepping down, however. The Scions will rule in my stead with the people being told that I am on a quest. In a sense I am; to continue my efforts to strengthen the western corner of the Galaxy. I did not proclaim myself Empress like so many rumours dictate. It was offered to me by the Scions and after weighing the pros and cons, I decided to accept.
I will remain in touch with all of my staff there and respond to any attacks by the First Order or others that think my leaving gives them opportunity to invade. But for the dangers my being their poses, as well as for other reasons that I'm not at liberty to discuss, I must go to my niece. Perhaps I could be a good influence on her.

I'm not going to allow myself to be sent back to jail. Especially for crimes commited over 20 years ago when I was under Sith control. Others have done far worse, others have murdered and yet like you, they are regarded as having higher moral character. And somehow I am the one that must be punished...~
Again she paused in a bid to collect her thoughts. ~I love you, Veiere. I just wanted you to hear this from me. I can't say exactly where I will be going for the sake of safety. Even I don't even know right now. But I'll do my best to keep my nose clean and to seek the same from those around me.

Until we meet again. Take care, my dear.~

Then she ended it, sending the message off to Kashyyyk. She was confident that he'd see it, but not confident about any reply. It didn't matter anyways. Her decision had been made.

It had to be done. There was no other way.

aTWdHMs.jpg
Patrolling the Northern Border of Silver Space.
Er6tw3E.png
The command deck above the bridge was silent, all save for the holo-recording of [member="Kay Arenais"], which played over a second time for the Captain and Jedi Master, Veiere Arenais. The rest of his Officers were below under the watch of Commander Vikras Ansion, whilst Veiere needed the time and space to process the personal transmission his wife had sent him, relayed through the Silver Jedi Order's communications hub on Kashyyyk.

"I'm going to Mandalorian space. Yasha has once again offered me sanctuary.
I know that you won't like it, but at least there I am safe from one of the biggest threats to me out there".
Kay hadn't been herself since the war had hit Commenor and [member="Darth Carnifex"] had taken and held their people for over a year long blockade, her logic here in the suggested protection from the Empire sounded ludicrous to her Husband, whom stood with his hands upon the edge of the command desk, watching the visage of his wife in disbelief and frustration. The United Clans of Mandalore were allies of the Sith Empire, where as the Jedi had fought them for centuries, if protection from the Emperor was to be sought after, she should have come to the Silver Jedi. Yet Veiere had come to understand that there was a deep seated bias there in his wife that he could not argue or sway her from. Far be it for a husband and Master of the Order to offer protection from the Sith.

Reaching for the intercom terminal, Veiere opened a channel to the bridge. "Vikras, I want this transmission relayed to the rest of the Silver Assembly" he instructed. Transparency was required where his position with the Order was concerned. Not just for his sake, but perhaps for the possible small mercy's they might be able to afford his wife come the end of the war. The recent summit with the Confederacy of Independent Systems had been conclusive, and Veiere himself had been directly acknowledged for his affiliations with the guilty party.

"I'm not going to allow myself to be sent back to jail. Especially for crimes commited over 20 years ago when I was under Sith control.
Others have done far worse, others have murdered and yet like you, they are regarded as having higher moral character".
Twenty years was a rather large exaggeration, though Veiere understood what she meant. What only annoyed him more so however was the blame being cast back at him for the past and the actions of the Dark Jedi Order against Commenor. The Attack on Deneba was his doing, Veiere responsible for that vile act and he had been doing all that he could to repent ever since, including submitting himself to the judgement of the Jedi Alliance, spending millions of credits towards Naval Vessels and Facilities for the Jedi Academy Network and re-investing everything for the Allies of the Light, yet still his guilt weighed heavy on him in the nights that passed. He would never escape his Sins, but he had done his time and Kay had been the law of which Veiere himself had fallen under during those days. He had surrendered himself to make it easier on her during her reign over Commenor. Her judgement now was harsh, where her freedom had been bought by war Criminals and unlike the Jedi, there was no repentance from the Clans that thrived on raiding unsuspecting nations.

He had tried to talk her out of these illusions of hers, not wanting to hurt her by insulting her family connections but too wanting her to understand that [member="Yasha Cadera"] needed to be brought to justice, and the Clans under her reigned in. There needed to be consequences for such merciless slaughter committed to Eshan, Umbara, and H'ratth. There were surely others, but none that Veiere had been there to witness personally like the aforementioned. Kay wasn't the one that required punishment atop these crimes that foreshadowed their history of Commenor and the facility she had been held in. But supporting the Clans would pit his wife against the Allied Forces, making her a figurehead of the opposition who had brought these consequences down upon themselves.

Angry and hurt from the position he found himself in, Veiere did not offer a response to the recorded transmission. What could he say to her, his wife whom by all means and her own doing, would come to be considered an enemy of war. What would their Children think when they would realize the distance between their parents was so much more than just space and worlds between them, now politics and military power, justice for the Galaxy against the forces of oppression. By all counts, this niece of hers had proven to be but another tyrant in the Galaxy allied alongside the very Sith Emperor whom had slaughtered and enslaved their people, killing off the former governing body of Commenor whom had served Kay and Veiere during their time as Monarchs.

All that he could do was hope that he did not come across his Wife on the field of battle, and if he did, hope that she did not force his hand any more so than she had already. Veiere remained a Jedi, and his priority had to be for the greater good over personal strife, no matter how deeply it cut him.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Even from this distance, Kay could feel the anger and hurtfulness that [member="Veiere Arenais"] was feeling, and she wished so much that it didn't have to be this way. The fact that she had to be so close to the Sith borders didn't sit well with her at all, yet there was very little choice in the matter. Yasha needed her in ways that she couldn't tell anyone, not even her beloved husband. His ties to the Jedi were enough that they'd take full advantage or the opportunities that secret could create. And she didn't want to have that on her conscious as well.

Back when Commenor was under the control of the Sith Empire, Kay had learned of some of the Mandalorian's distaste of the SIth Empire and they had tried to get her to speak to [member="Yasha Cadera"] and break her away from Carnifex's grasp. But Kay's efforts to free her people took precedent and so she had to postpone that task. But now she had the opportunity to do so again. Within Mandalorian space, she was safe from Carnifex and the Sith. She was safe. Safe to do what she needed to do to sever those ties and free the Mandalorians from what could be their downfall.

That was her goal here. And she was alone within it. But that was probably how it was supposed to be. One person could sneak in far better than an army could and be just as effective. Hopefully the Force was with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom