Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It’s official — Hades reaches sub-zero temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Words have failed me in the moment. Gifs, for once, feel like they wouldn't work. Emotions are weird and silly. But they're a thing. A thing that happens.

Emotions are a thing that is happening now. Great.

I can't make you stay, Corvus. Especially not if you don't feel like you're wanted here. I know, to a degree, what this kind of thing feels like. And I think it's frakkin' stupid that people are saying chite like that to you. You're one of my favorite writers. Here, on the site, overall. Seeing you leave the GR makes me sad.

But I understand. I've thought about leaving too, but I've kept around well enough.

As for why Corvus should leave IC, well, I have no idea. I can't see her giving up on the GR. I can only sorta see the GR giving up on her (which is a chite idea IC and OOC). My only 'idea' is that maybe we could talk something out between Nyx and Corvus. Not, like, a romance thing (obviously). But Nyx has plans. And, potentially, Corvus could either try to help her or 'chase' after her.

I don't even know. My brain isn't exactly functioning well at the moment. You'll figure something out, though. You always do.

Corvus Raaf said:
These people do not want me here - or rather will only accept me if I change who I write with and behave more like they demand me to. And I was directly accused of not writing in the Invasion with a win at all costs mentality.
[member="Corvus Raaf"] *hugs*

I learned the hard way just as you are right now. Some of us are here to win at all costs. I learned I do not actully need a faction. A faction is not why I am here. I'm here because I wish to have fun and make some freinds in the process.

Leading factions and people with a always win mantality almost caused me to lose all my love to write. Please, do not let that happen to you!

Stick around. You do not have to always lead a charge for a faction or deal with this always must win mess. There is some awesome writers here and some great stories. We are out there. I'm sure you know who those people are.

Try [member="Phylis Alince"] and her newest adventure. She loves a great story and she is pretty darn cool to write with.

Loyalty has been lost in the Galactic Republic. It's been lost after a few months, when the One Sith were formed and the Battle of Coruscant happened. People don't like to lose- I am one of those type of people- and the Republic has been on a constant loss ever since Coruscant was taken from us.

This is due to a number of factors, primarily the dictation the OS have shown in the war and the staff backing that the OS have had in the past. Everything begins to build on top of each other and now we're left with this pile of shit.

Corvus Raaf is a great character and a great Jedi. I've only ever done one thread with her and her writers portrayal of a Jedi is superb. But the character and the writer isn't the type of leadership the Galactic Republic needs in this time.

Loyalty to a leader and to a faction, that has been on a constant slump for well over a year, will be questioned. The Silver Sanctum and the Galactic Alliances were factions born out of the Galactic Republic. The fault isn't with the people who remained in the Republic whilst the Silver Jedi and GA were being built up, but with the people who left to form them. The Republic wouldn't be in the state it is in right now, if we hadn't lost half of our members over the years. So Corvus shouldn't share all the blame for our current state.

It is time for Corvus to step down. I do not want her writer to leave. But the story for the faction is our war with the One Sith- that is our roleplay right now- and it is time for somebody new to step in.

I'm not even remotely familiar with the OOC leadership of this faction. I've hardly spoken to any of you, since I joined this board back in September 2013. My activity has always been very sporadic and that's my fault. But as someone who has written for the old Sith Empire, One Sith, Primeval and then all the bits in between, I know when a faction is dying.

A change up is required in the upper echelons of this faction, if it is to survive. Not just in Corvus, but the other people involved as well. Eleven defeats later and you try to argue that I am wrong. Just try.

I'll save the niceties for Corvus and other writers/friends I like for Skype or PM. But I can only say the cold harsh truth. The Republic requires a bucket of ice water poured over it's head and then some.

I don't even know if we won Balmorra (I assume we didn't) but I am told that we lost Condruum because we allowed the OS to win two objectives, with little resistance because we were not communicating as a team. But you want to single out someone for the way they PVP against this boards most strongest characters? Lol okay.

Condruum, Balmorra and all the way through to Coruscant- all these events- are leading us to a precipice. You want someone to stand up? I'll be that someone.

We lost the PvP and the station at Contruum. We overwhelmingly won the NPC combat.

Do I want Corvus to leave? Heck no. I've been talking to her all day, trying to get her to stay. We need her.

Do I disagree with the idea of a staff shakeup? No. Do I want it to happen? Yes, preferably, but I don't know who would take their place, which creates a conundrum when it comes to a shakeup. Our numbers have dwindled. It might say the faction is large in members, 700+ I believe, but I think at least 680 of them are either inactives or just lurkers.

Can this ship be righted? No idea. But if nothing is tried, it definitely won't be. Have to make due with what we have and try to right this ship. Especially now that we've been given a grace period from invasions for a bit.

I'd like to have a discussion with you privately if you don't mind, Corvus. I find you to be one of the most productive and talented writers I've ever had the privilege to write along side as long as I've been around, and I've been around on multiple boards for a long time writing Star Wars stories. Not that a compliment from me should mean much of anything at all. I just want to make sure that before you step away from the GR you realize I do and have always appreciated you as a writer.

When you're on next, please shoot me a message in skype, and when all is said and done, I hope you're still around Chaos, whether you are a part of the GR or not.

I believe a collective Thank You is in order for your time spent here and if I could applaud you with the clatter of a thousand hands I would.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Varus Shatterstar said:
I believe a collective Thank You is in order for your time spent here and if I could applaud you with the clatter of a thousand hands I would.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]
[member="Corvus Raaf"]

This.

It is up to you if you are going to leave us few jedi behind, being trashed by chuckling siths in some last bastion of the GR jedi's. Abandoned, cold and lonely... while you run around in a classy space ship listening to pop music...
But regardless, for your hard work and excellent writing for the republic you deserve a Thank you! :)

As for the shift of leadership it might be important to raise again. Perhaps a vote of confidence is in order or something. We have a faction owner who has yet to speak her mind for instance.
But it is something that should be discussed once the Balmorra invasion is settled. However this issue was brought up now is just a very very very bad timing when the focus should be the outcome of Balmorra. Go Republic!

Ella Nova said:
Loyalty has been lost in the Galactic Republic. It's been lost after a few months, when the One Sith were formed and the Battle of Coruscant happened. People don't like to lose- I am one of those type of people- and the Republic has been on a constant loss ever since Coruscant was taken from us.

This is due to a number of factors, primarily the dictation the OS have shown in the war and the staff backing that the OS have had in the past. Everything begins to build on top of each other and now we're left with this pile of poodoo.

Corvus Raaf is a great character and a great Jedi. I've only ever done one thread with her and her writers portrayal of a Jedi is superb. But the character and the writer isn't the type of leadership the Galactic Republic needs in this time.

Loyalty to a leader and to a faction, that has been on a constant slump for well over a year, will be questioned. The Silver Sanctum and the Galactic Alliances were factions born out of the Galactic Republic. The fault isn't with the people who remained in the Republic whilst the Silver Jedi and GA were being built up, but with the people who left to form them. The Republic wouldn't be in the state it is in right now, if we hadn't lost half of our members over the years. So Corvus shouldn't share all the blame for our current state.

It is time for Corvus to step down. I do not want her writer to leave. But the story for the faction is our war with the One Sith- that is our roleplay right now- and it is time for somebody new to step in.

I'm not even remotely familiar with the OOC leadership of this faction. I've hardly spoken to any of you, since I joined this board back in September 2013. My activity has always been very sporadic and that's my fault. But as someone who has written for the old Sith Empire, One Sith, Primeval and then all the bits in between, I know when a faction is dying.

A change up is required in the upper echelons of this faction, if it is to survive. Not just in Corvus, but the other people involved as well. Eleven defeats later and you try to argue that I am wrong. Just try.

I'll save the niceties for Corvus and other writers/friends I like for Skype or PM. But I can only say the cold harsh truth. The Republic requires a bucket of ice water poured over it's head and then some.

I don't even know if we won Balmorra (I assume we didn't) but I am told that we lost Condruum because we allowed the OS to win two objectives, with little resistance because we were not communicating as a team. But you want to single out someone for the way they PVP against this boards most strongest characters? Lol okay.

Condruum, Balmorra and all the way through to Coruscant- all these events- are leading us to a precipice. You want someone to stand up? I'll be that someone.
I don't know how I missed this, but I did. Read it all the way through and I literally have no idea what you're talking about. Corvus leaving might be good for her, and I'm incredibly happy that she's doing what she wants to, but it's not good for the faction at all. This thread marks the loss of a GR Forerunner who's done more for it than anyone that I can think of.

Barrien Siegfried said:
Do I disagree with the idea of a staff shakeup? No. Do I want it to happen? Yes, preferably, but I don't know who would take their place, which creates a conundrum when it comes to a shakeup. Our numbers have dwindled. It might say the faction is large in members, 700+ I believe, but I think at least 680 of them are either inactives or just lurkers.

Ella Nova said:
I'm not even remotely familiar with the OOC leadership of this faction. I've hardly spoken to any of you, since I joined this board back in September 2013. My activity has always been very sporadic and that's my fault. But as someone who has written for the old Sith Empire, One Sith, Primeval and then all the bits in between, I know when a faction is dying. A change up is required in the upper echelons of this faction, if it is to survive. Not just in Corvus, but the other people involved as well. Eleven defeats later and you try to argue that I am wrong. Just try.
You do both realize she isn't a faction admin/owner, right? This was her IC position, which has no OOC bearing on how any of the invasions have ran. Quite frankly replacing her with anyone isn't going to change anything - you're just replacing bodies at that point. She stepped down as Faction Owner some time ago, quite a while before both of these invasions.

Ella Nova said:
The fault isn't with the people who remained in the Republic whilst the Silver Jedi and GA were being built up, but with the people who left to form them. The Republic wouldn't be in the state it is in right now, if we hadn't lost half of our members over the years.
No. I'm not going to elaborate greatly on this, but no - with how many people have left, it should be obvious that it isn't the "fault" of the vast majority of the faction that has left. Maybe a handful of people left because they wanted their way, sure - and I'm sure this is the excuse that will immediately be thrown at me the moment this is read - but if you just judge it by the numbers, clearly there has to be something that is wrong which is driving others away.

The GR has an appeal like no other faction. Peeps who left for whatever reason cant stay away but return to comment on this and that. The faction is open so it is nothing wrong with that but it does show that allot of folks care.

Perhaps [member="Corvus Raaf"] ends up in the galactic alliance as well. Good for them! It is our loss.
We lost a very active admin a while back as well [member="Cecily de Demici"]
If someone is pushing active RPers away that need to be adressed. Because regardless if it is done with honest intention or merely someone causing lots of rumble but meaning well it hurts the GR regardless. That (or those) person (-s) just need to rethink their approach on matters. It is fine to suggest changes in staff or ic positions but do so in the open and with solid arguments. Skype is not the way to go in these things.

Enough has been said, pretty much everyone wants Corvus to stay in the GR but naturally if she felt so damaged by this darn skype chat it is her choice.

(but if you leave Corvus - remember that we will all perish and suffer because of it! Do you really want that on your shoulders??? ;) )

It's obvious that Corvus' writer requires a break. Sixteen (?) months at the helm is a long time- far longer than anyone I've ever known to be a leader- and at the end of the day, I think something new needs to be implemented because after eleven defeats, something is wrong and a change is needed.

Whether that is IC or OOC remains to be seen. But that's up to the leadership to decide and I will follow what is decided, regardless of my thoughts on it, because what we need right now is unity and cohesion. Leaders are the leaders for a reason and I'll stand by any decisions made.

We could debate about why people left, but it doesn't really matter right now. We are what is left, so let's make a plan and come up with a strategy going into the new year, okay?

I've kept away from responding and Liking any posts, as I wanted it all to settle down and I figure it has now.

Thanks for all the kind words. A lot that has been written on the GR boards and on the public ones has broadly cemented my decision. Militarising the Jedi and making the Rephlic something to fear doesn't resonate with me. And I don't want to stand in the way of a direction that it is clear so many members want to move in.

So I'll make an IC move over the coming weeks - as I suspect things will move on apace to a place that's not in keeping with my view of the Republic or TJO - based upon what I've heard.

And given I have no OOC leadership role (despite suggestions to the contrary) - I'm not at any helm, have zero say in where we Invade, don't get involved in any discussions about objectives, winning, losing or otherwise - there is nothing to step down from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom