Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Iskeria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noveria_-_Peak_15_complex.jpg

Name: Iskeria

Region: Unknown Regions
System: Iskerian System
Suns: 1
Orbital Position: Far, resulting in very low temperatures.
Moons: None
Coordinates: (H,19)
Rotational Period: 52 Hours
Orbital Period: 0.9 Years

Class: Terrestrial
Diameter: 11,312 Km
Atmosphere: Type III
Climate: Frozen
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Mountain, Tundra

Native species: None
Immigrated species: Muun, Ugnaught, Human
Primary languages: Galactic Standard Basic
Government: Protectorate
Population: 3614
Demonym: Iskerians
Major cities: Eisberich
Major imports: Industrial Resources (Fuel, metals, useful materials)
Major exports: Weaponry, Technology, Scientific Research
Affiliation: None

Culture: Iskeria lacked a native species, and so its culture was instead founded on the corporate Exodus family, who used it as a base for their often morally questionable and secretive research and manufacture of advanced weaponry, creating both a small trading hub and capitalist society driven by money and wealth.
Technology: Advanced, due to the technological founding of the civilization surrounding the planet.

History: A small planet entirely covered in ice, Iskeria was an almost unknown system, and failed to attract any kind of settlers due to its inhosbitable surface and the fact that its natural minerals were not desirable enough to make mining worthwhile. For centuries it was left abandoned, its surface untouched by life. Millenia later, a wealthy Muun named Lasek Exodus found the planet while searching out a base upon which to advance his weapons development and scientific research without the abundance of red tape within the Republic shackling his potential. The planet was perfect as it was not part of the Republic and ergo it was exempt from its laws. Setting up a basic complex consisting of heated and pressurised modular cabins linked together in a complex web of corridors and labs, he used a workforce of Ugnaughts to construct what would become the ExoGen headquarters. Due to the inhospitable atmosphere of the planet, regular shipments of oxygen tanks were necessary to allow Lasek, the Ugnaught engineers, the Muun financial advisors, and the Human scientists within the complex to breathe. As the company grew, so did the base, resulting in multiple complexes being constructed, each with a specific purpose, such as R&D, experimentation, construction and archiving information.

Notable PC's: Lasek Exodus

Intent: To give ExoGen a remote and unknown base upon which to develop weaponry and perform scientific research without the interference of the Republic and their laws.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
Right now I'd be inclined to deny this on a few grounds.

1. You are creating a faction planet outside that Factions area of influence. I do not care for this idea as it seems like an attempt to expand the area of influence without going through the proper steps.
2. Currently I see no justification for the Rakatan tech and saying "it won't be used for godmodding" isn't good enough.

Now to be a little more constructive. You have to create your own planetary system and fill in the data. Otherwise while clearly being based on Noveria you did a good job framing this within Star Wars. I'll poke another Staffer to come look at this to see if I missed anything or if they can better help you.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
If you create a planet outside your faction's influence cloud, your faction almost certainly can't own it. You would have to create the world, then do a full Dominion thread.

The Rakata thing is an issue, yes.

In regard to the faction issue, I'll remove the CSA affiliation as to clarify that it is not owned by the CSA.

As for the Rakatan issue, I'll edit that out.

I'll also work on the system.

EDIT: Done

I also am impressed by your working out of the Noveria similarity, as it is the planet that inspired me to do this. (I loved Noveria) But I did attempt to remove all reference and keep similarities to a minimum.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
I'm not sure I'm comfortable with 360,000 people, the whole population of the planet, being employees of a single person -- as framed, this is basically a personally owned world. Can you alleviate my concerns? Perhaps by having other corporations or stockholders own portions of the world, or by having the facilities be smaller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom