Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Isida Composite Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Credit to [member="Arisa Yune"] for helping me with the submission. Thanks again!

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create composite armor for future vehicle submissions
Image Source: N/A
Canon Link: (N/A
Development Thread: N/A
Primary Source: Ajax Laminate Spaced Armor
An article that gives an indepth look on composite armor
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Drakos Systems
Model: Isida Composite Armor
Affiliation: Drakos Systems
Modularity: Slightly
Production: Mass Production
Material: Neutronium, Plastoid, Alusteel,
SPECIAL FEATURES
+Multiple layers of armor

DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
+Multiple layers of armor protect vehicles from variety of threats.

Strengths:
-It protects you against a wide variety of threats

+High energy dispersion due to neutronium.
+Lightweight

Weaknesses :
-Can only be used for vehicles, and other structures

-No EMP resistance.
-Despite it being strong, it doesn't feature the multiple layers that are seen in other composite armors(like the one that is sourced)
-Repeated attacks will be able to punch through the armor, rendering it useless
DESCRIPTION
Drakos Systems engineers began wondering what vehicle component should comprise a part of their armor. It was here that they began experimenting with applique, and homogenous armor. With the increasing lethality armor piercing projectiles such as kinetic energy rounds and sabot rounds, they settled on creating composite armor for future Drakos Systems products.

Drakos Systems then decided to create a light-weight, yet strong armor known as the Isida Composite Armor. It features an ceramics/plastoid, sandwiched between alusteel, and netronium plates. The Alusteel offers protection from kinetic and blaster energy, while the neutronium increases the energy dispersion of the armor. Plastoid acts similarly to NERA/NxRa armor, while the honeycomb structures weer added in an attempt to make the armor light-weight.

Despite the armor's ability to protect it from a wide variety of threats, it does not feature any duraplast, making it feature no EMP resistance at all ;furthermore, the armor can only be used in vehicles, and like any armor, repeated attacks will puncture through the armor.

Haytham Kaze

Judge, Judgury, Judgecutioner
Krayzen Dratos said:
-Like other composite armor, it is light-weight.
This isn't going to be lightweight if every level of it is neutronium which is stated to be a heavy element.

Personally, I think you should re-order the levels of armour with the honeycomb structure at the first level, Ceramics / Plastoids, and then duraplast impregnated with neutronium. Still, I don't think it'd be light, at all. Protection against EMP / Ion would require the duraplast being reinforced, which would make it heavier still.

[member="Krayzen Dratos"]

Haytham Kaze

Judge, Judgury, Judgecutioner
[member="Krayzen Dratos"]

In the past we typically asked for dev for matrix armor. Considering that we've taken dev out of the factory, I'll be asking for more on your strengths and weaknesses. You'll be needing more concrete weaknesses to balance out what you've got, you'll also need to expand your description to reflect those changes that you'll make.

With how you're wanting your armour, you're only making it heavier / bulkier and will only give you the characteristics you want by layer, rather than melded together, if you know what I mean.

If that's what you were wanting that's fine, though it is hardly practical.

Additionally will be asking for production to be lowered down to Limited if you intend on using matrix armor.

[member="Haytham Kaze"]

. I added alusteel to the materials, and to the submission. Do you also have any advice in regards to how to make it lighter? From what I've searched up, composite armor usually has heavy metals that sandwich ceramics, and other materials together.

[member="Haytham Kaze"]

I apologize for the late response. I've edited the composite armor entirely. I've reduced the armor to featuring only two metals, and reduced it's density since it features less layers than before. I re added that it's lightweight, and I've also removed the Duraplast and added EMP resistance as a weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom