Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Ishinae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Ishinae
Loyalties: The Shahku Tribe
Role: Tribes wisest Priest (Kissai) "Viae"
Development Threads:
Choosing the Path
Cultivating the Massassi
Hope is Conflicted
Species: Kissai
Force Sensitivity: Yes, Knight
Appearance: The oldest in the Shahku Tribe, perhaps the oldest Sith Pureblood alive right now (possibly). Withered tendrils, greyed red skin, she is an elderly woman, mostly kept alive by the Force. Just like the others of her species, she is still very tall, but she is very skinny, and wears a ceremonial robe or priest outfit compared to the other priests. Hers was handed down through multiple generations.
Personality: Calm and bold, inspiring and caring, gentle
Weapon of Choice: Dark Side Force/Sith Alchemy
Wealth: She has no currency, but the amount of loyalty she has over the clan is near priceless
Combat Function: She would not be able to fight back, as her age had progressed too far and her powers are sustaining her life.
Skills:
Notable Possessions: Shahku Tome (The Shahku Tribes own book of the past familes and generations, and few teachings of very minor sith powers to teach the other priests. Telekinesis, Mind Trick, and Force Speed)
Other Notes: Ishinae is the like elder witch, a very important noble, but not the leader. The wisest of advisors, to suggest. She is the keeper of knowledge and history for the tribe, and the only one to continue the Kissai teachings to her people.

Intent: Explain more on the Shahku Tribes culture and give a Force-related advisor and teacher

Adzatsmam said:
Species: [Remember to consult the Banned Species List, and be very careful about how you use banned species which may be NPC'ed.]
First things first: Please state the species for the purposes of the submission. I know you stated it in other sections (I think), but just for clarity. Thanks.

Adzatsmam said:
Species: Kassai

I believe you meant Kissai here. But on this note, I assume you are aware of the relative rarity of the species. Something I'd like to see, as it was not touched on in the development thread, is how this NPC and really the Shahku tribe came to be an existing entity (not as much as an npc sub for the tribe, but enough to wet the whistle as it were). I get the feeling of in media res for this particular submission. Which is neat, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed your thread and how I was flung into this moment of guidance for the Vazir. And while it definitely met the 10 post quota that is pretty standard, I think you can provide more on this particular character. Which moves me to the next portion:

Adzatsmam said:
Force Sensitivity: Yes, Knight

Adzatsmam said:
Skills: Memory Rub Invoke Spirits (Only works with the dead of the Shahku Tribe, and can not gain their power) Spell of Concealment Aura of Uneasiness Telekinesis

While reading your thread, and looking at these powers, I get the impression that this character is closer to the level of a master. Just a general feel. Now, there is a remedy to this: Reduce the number of specialty powers that are currently in play OR up her level to master and hammer out 15 more posts for development. In my opinion, I think you have something cool going here and I'd love for you to take the latter on this. Really hammer out this character, how she is the guiding hand to your character that was destined for leadership, and how she uses her powers for the good of the tribe (or the detriment). And with that, I'd like to know a relative mastery for these various powers. Does she just know these powers on a general basis or is there something that she is particularly skilled in? Don't forget, you can do flashback threads as well (it would be neat if she helped raise Adzatsmam).

In some ways, your npc submission is your safety net. It's your opportunity to cover your bases and really force yourself to flesh out the NPC. Don't skimp on the details. For instance the personality of the NPC. I got way more from your development thread than simply bold and calm. You built in an air of sagacity, a confidence in the path of the tribe and your character, and a loyalty that deserves mention here.

[member="Reverance"]

I appreciate your kind words, and I believe I will continue posting with the NPC in more than just development threads, and also flashbacks are more than likely in the future. The problem is that they have been on the ship for nearly 5,000 ships, the Shahku tribe... not the individuals haha! And before that, they were slaves. I felt even Knight level was stretching it since they had only the knowledge of force powers gained by their priests, and never really taught the force outside of that. Limited by their Sith Lord and all... I was hoping to reach the old Sith Lord's room upon the ship, and find spell books and powers and such in a tome in there to further the strength of their Priests, and perhaps put Adzatsmam on the path to being a Force User.

I will make another dev thread, if that will suffice, but she can't be master level. What is not seen in the dev thread of the first one, is about 7-10 near-Knight level priests are supplying her with power through rituals. Which I will also be submitting as well

[member="Adzatsmam"]

Sounds good. With a bit more development and clarification of prowess with these powers within the submission, we should be able to move right along. Thanks for the clarification, tag me when you are ready.

[member="Reverance"]

I hope "Hope is Conflicted" is also a good read for you. I didn't even try to get 15 posts, it just happened. Could all this possibly increase the amount of powers she knows?

[member="Adzatsmam"]

I'll take a gander, but my initial response would be a negative on that. While I respect your reasoning for keeping Ishinae at knight, we want to make sure that her powers stay in line with her rank. However, give me a bit to read over and I'll let you know. Thanks.

Always remember, too much of a good thing can make you sick. :)

[member="Adzatsmam"]

You are a post writing machine. I have a theory that something was going on between Adzatsmam's father and the Viae, a good while after the mothers death but before his own death. >.>. Hence her motherly bond and what not, strengthening through to his adulthood. Good stuff.

Well, I'm gonna stick with my guns on keeping the powers as is. But I think with 25+ posts of development, it looks good to me. Just a few words of caution:

Adzatsmam said:
perhaps the oldest Sith Pureblood alive right now (possibly)

Of course, someone will likely come around with an older Sith Pureblood. Just par for the course, so long as you know that stating it in your sub doesn't mean it's going to hold up (which you have acknowledged).

Besides that, I can't really think of much else. Nice work.

Approved pending secondary.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom