Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is There Anything You Would Not Do For Your Family?

23tgi6b.png

Order of the Silver Jedi Holding Bay
The Temple, Voss
"For your own good." HA. What do they know about ME.

After the confusing scenes Connor presented on Zygerria to not just one, but a handful of Silver Jedi, he had been coaxed into isolation with the promise of being allowed to accompany the Order on their next planned dominion on Lianna.

But he wasn’t stupid – or rather the Taung wasn’t – either way, he didn’t expect to be allowed to leave the clinical looking holding cell in the depths of the Temple. With only a small bench to sit, there was nothing for him. His greatcoat and saber were gone and he simply had the charcoal grey outfit he wore and his thoughts.

Looking out at the clear triple layered glass screen into the Temple itself, Connor felt alone and isolated. He also felt betrayed by an Order he had given so much for.

You’re not the defining sword. You’re just a blunt instrument for them. And you won’t be the last. All their codes and procedures and rules will ALWAYS make you a rogue. You’re not going to be fully accepted for what you are. Or what you can really do.

Pacing the length of the cell like a stalking Nexu, Connor kept his eyes peeled for anyone who had something to say.

Would it be one of the Masters? The clear-cut Iella E’ron, plotting and planning behind the scenes, or that twisted Saki, or even Aika. She is dangerous, I feel it, but she wasn’t to be trusted and she needed teaching about what a real Jedi should do with the power gifted to them. Not to mention Rasu Gan; frail, fragile and open for manipulation. Even Xander hadn’t been seen for a while – maybe he had seen what the Silver Jedi were becoming?

No. Not Masters. But the others?

Maya, a product of darkness who should be removed from this place. Syn. Jeela. Shalla. Nima. All of them being fed lies, all of them not opening their eyes to what they could be or what the Silver Jedi SHOULD be.

Out of them all, there was one that the spirit inside Connor wanted to break, but another flashed in his mind. The one who brought him here who was a perfect example of Silver Jedi deception. Creimire.

When I see her, I’m going to kill her. She DARE oppose the Taung, and me? She lied, deceived and betrayed my trust and hides in the shadows. Jedi do not hide. She is evil.

It had been only 20 minutes, but it felt like an hour or more he had been alone with his thoughts and the Taung eating away at his mind.

"Connor..." came the fatherly voice seemingly from nowhere. He'd lingered in the shadows, observing the man he once knew waste away before his eyes. It brought him pain beyond measure; to see such an upstanding member of the Order and good friend in a cage with nothing to do but have this demon inside him eat away at his soul.

Thurion stepped forth, now standing before the troubled man on the other side of the glass. His face was a mixture of disappointment and sorrow; disappointment in the way he'd fallen so easily, and mournful of the state he was left in because of it. "I know you, Connor. Right from the first time we met at the Citadel of Rhen Var so long ago, I knew who you were. This is not who you are, and you know it, too."

[member="Connor Harrison"]

When he heard the familiar voice, Connor didn’t stop pacing, but he lifted his head to see the man he had known for so long, and one who could have saved him stand before him. Moving with great strength and dominance from the other side of the room, Thurion still stood tall and proud, even with his soft voice full of warmth and empathy.

Connor paced back until he came to stand opposite Thurion, the invisible barrier between them.

Inside, Connor was trying to burrow out for help. Outside however, he simply stared coldly, taking his time to form the words and speak clearly and calmly.

”Thurion. How is the pathetic Master Sinopi doing? I haven’t seen her for so long.”

He turned his head ever so slightly, a playful smile beginning to form.

”Yes. You did find me on Rhen Var. BUT, see, you found everyone else as well and left me in the background when you knew I needed help, just like the Order did before that.”

He smacked his lips and shook his head in mock negativity.

”You thought you could save everyone, but instead you just let everyone down. And I am not who I was, no. I am devoid of the shackles that were left on me to contain THIS. Now I can simply be more than what I was given the chance to be.”

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Ignoring the remarks about [member="Coci Sinopi"], his eyes never once turned from those of the caged man. In silence he stepped closer until he was but a mere few inches away from the thick glass, looking into Connor's eyes with steely determination. He did nothing but stare at him for some time, for he was searching the man's soul for whatever was left of his friend. The faintest smile appeared on his face as he found him, in whatever small traces of him there were left. "There you are..."

His smile vanished as quickly as it had appeared, knowing he was not dealing with his friend Connor, but rather this entity that possessed him. "We've never met, spirit. Do not presume to know me, as I don't presume to know you." His hands clasped together behind his back. "What has the world done to you to warrant such hostility, I wonder?" he asked in earnest. Never had he believed in the concept of true evil, as everyone he'd met so far has had at least some reason behind their evildoings. This spirit would be no different, he believed.

[member="Connor Harrison"]

Tapping his temple, Connor shook his head.

”Don’t.”

He then slammed his other hand palm first into the glass.

”DON’T! This isn’t a spirit, this IS Connor – this IS the Silver Jedi! I have just brought it to the surface and what I do represent everything YOU prohibit.”

Connor withdrew his hand and stepped closer, and the atmosphere was electric between them.

”Poor Jedi. Thurion Heavenshield, he of the brother…Ashborn.”

He smiled again and nodded.

”Yes. The brother YOU killed. The brother YOU let down. Such a shame, but it makes so much sense when you stand before me. You failed yourself, and now you’re here amongst us and you’re going to let us all down as well.”

Connor shook his head.

”I am not evil. I am not doing this for vengeance. I am doing this for what is RIGHT. This is just the continuation of a war that started centuries ago and it was our fault – we acted like we could police the galaxy and because of it – “

He spread his hands, mimicking an explosion.

” – it’s time for justice against the real tyrants. You. Me. Jedi. Except I can now see what I must do in time.”

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

[member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]​
A gloved hand wrapped around the handle of the Hammer. The Silver Jedi Shadows had investigated Connor Harrison's last known position just before he became possessed. The investigations after this would locate it and more, as further information came to the surface about the nature and history of the Taung. He is now in the hands of a very power being, his mind twisted and turned to the will of this being. This was not going to be easy, if they are to save his life.

Coci would not let her Brother down. Only those that reside among the fainting light know of the dangers, each and every one not without limits or not immune to the perils of their work. Even her.

She turned the corner to enter the white stark corridor leading to the cell holding Connor. Today is business, and so as her eyes fell on the sight of Master Heavenshield she did not show any emotion, her face remaining fixed. She knew he would understand now. Only a slight nod of her head any indication of greeting.

She stood next to Thurion and turned to face Connor, he would recognise the Hammer in her hand just swing gently by her side. She did not speak for the moment, not verbally but directly to Thurion's mind. Master Heavenshield, continue to probe his mind and search for Connor I will keep this being talking to distract.

She knew of their previous friendship and would allow this to win the day, she hoped.

Movement to the rear of the room caught Connor’s attention away from the mighty Heavenshield. Black as the night in her clothing and her short hair. He watched her come to stand beside Thurion.

”Ah. The pathetic Miss Sinopi. Always lurking in the shadows. Watching and waiting and plotting and scheming.”

The swinging motion of the hammer drew his gaze. The Taung lurched forward, but knew with one of the relics so close, it would be even easier to use it as a weapon against the others. No-one was safe, not even her.

”You shouldn’t mess with powers you don’t understand.” His eyes focused on the hammer, memories and images flashing in his mind’s eye of events surrounding it. ”You’re too naïve to handle it.”

His head snapped up to look at Thurion, daggers of ice at the armoured warrior.

”I WARNED you! Stay out of my HEAD. Or I’ll make sure you wont be able to feel your own when we’ve finished with you!”

Standing back a few steps, Connor held his arms out wide.

”Come on then. Take a good look at this, your reckoning. You made me weak and fragile. I have found the strength to build myself up and we are on the brink of cracking the Silver Jedi. What a wonderful phrase that is. Sort of, rolls of the tongue, doesn’t it? Cracking…the Silver…Jedi.”

[member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
She listened the holocall again, again and again. Most of the Jedi were gone to the Shri-tal, to investigate the planet because of the dark presence and activities happening around there. Normally she would be the first to hop on a shuttle to go investigate, but today was not the day. She was not feeling that good for a mission. She had to visit [member="Connor Harrison"] and see if he was okay or not. As she wandered around the Temple, she saw it was mostly empty, she could only see some padawans were roaming around.

She continued to walk through the downstairs, ignoring everyone she saw to the cells that the Knight was in. She wasn't thinking clearly, the only thing she wanted to ask a question. What was happening? And she was determined to get an answer today.

As she arrived to the cells, she stopped suddenly, seeing two other Masters were there, speaking with him. It was a bad idea, it was a bad idea, her head was repeating the thoughts. Then, she took a big breath and continued to walk, arriving to the scene, she looked to both of the faces, her face blushing.

"Umm... Master Heavenshield, Master Sinopi." she bowed both of them, then turned to look at Knight Harrison, sadly. Then continued. " Excuse me for interrupting. I came here to see how the investigation was going. I was hoping to learn how the Jedi interrogates their captives."

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Coci Sinopi"]

Connor began pacing as he saw young Nima Tann slink into the cells. Wide-eyed and full of dedication, she was naïve in the ways of the wider galaxy and walking a path defined by those around here. It was she who Connor had tried to fall on Zygerria but had failed. However, the Taung wouldn’t fail again.

Shaking his head, he laughed and tapped on the glass as he paced, looking at the three of them.

”See!? CAPTIVE? I stand up for the truth and take the FIGHT to those who dare to make the galaxy a darker place and I am called a CAPTIVE? Oh, how warped your mind has become young Nima Tann.”

Turning, he stopped, closest to Thurion.

”I told you you’d fail again. She’s proof of that. Just watch, old man.”

Slowly, he moved along to be in front of Coci but just stared at her, saying nothing, fist clenching, before stepping forward to face the red-skinned Twi’lek who had stood by him through recent events.

”Do I look like I should be treated like this? Remember what I said.”

[member="Nima Tann"] [member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

[member="Connor Harrison"] | [member="Nima Tann"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]​
"Padawan, you should not be here. This is a restricted area", she said as the young girl approached. This concerned Coci, she would have to review the secure protocols around the secure section of the temple.

She turned her attention to Connor once more. His pacing around the cell only served to confirm his agitation and dangerous nature now. "Brother, you are captive because you are no longer in control of your mind, you are not Connor Harrison ... Speak! who are you?". She commanded.

"What ever lies you have filled this girls head with are untruths, you are not the man I know". she would continue to talk to allow Thurion more time to infiltrate his mind and hopefully pull him back.

"You being, will go back to where you came from", she said raising up the Hammer.

Standing still, arms by his side, he leant back on his left leg a little to face all three. He was becoming more frustrated in being isolated, and he had work to do. Being treated like an animal wasn’t what he had expected from an Order such as this.

”You see? In a Temple one would call home, and for one serving the Order, already she is being denied the right to see the reality of the galaxy and what truths you are hiding. It’s a sorry sight to see for one with so much to give.”

Slowing down, and holding his head with a steady hand, Connor looked confused all at once, his eyes darting around the cell as if seeing where he was for the first time.

”Sister…what’s happening to me….? I want to serve the Light, but…I am torn between the Light and Dark…?”

Turning his back, he lowered his head and smiled to himself, holding his head with both hands.

”Connor Harrison is here. Right here! He’s ME! I’m battling more demons than anyone could know…except Thurion…he knew…he failed me. I thought he was going to protect me…!”

Connor tilted his head back and looked up at the holo-cam above his head, studying it for a moment as it followed his movement. He took his hand from his head, pointing a finger to the camera.

”Is there anything you would not do…for your family?”

His face fell, features hard and determined. Connor turned to face the three.

”You were my family. You failed me. And now…now, you will suffer for it.”

[member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Nima Tann"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Nima Tann

She looked at the icy blue eyes of the man beside her. Cold, very cold but at the same time, she felt the confidence, she felt the man fighting the devils inside. He was telling the truth, nobody should have been treated like that, like a caged animal. As she didn't want to look weak in front of the masters, she tried to look tough. She turned her eyes away, thoughts flying in her head. "I am not the one to decide that Knight Harrison." she said, trying to look cold but then whispered to the Knight, so low that only he could hear. "But you know my answer..."

Then, she heard [member="Coci Sinopi"]'s voice, and she was right about the restrictions, even Nima thought that she shouldn't be here but it was her heart acting that brought her here. "I know... Master Sinopi, and I am sorry. But I had to come here, to see the truth." she sighed, looking at the Knight. He didn't do anything to her, except that one time he pushed her, but she could understand his situation, everybody was against him. "If you let me stay I promise I will not interfere. But..."

After she planned what she could say in this situation and not look bad in the eyes of the Masters, she continued, looking directly to him. "Forgive me if I am... wrong but I can symphatize with him." Closing her eyes, she let her heart do the talking. "It is not the way family is treated, we don't treat our kind like this. We are the Jedi, right?" The way she said Jedi did disturb her, she sounded ike she hated to be a Jedi.

Temple
Meditation Room

"Should we be there?" A voice called through the apparent darkness of the room, the only light being shown was through the blinds.

"Should they call for us, or for me, I shall arrive." Another voice answered and sitting on one of the two seats in the room. "But for now, you must focus, on the task at hand."

"But I have more q-"

"Questions? They will be answered in time my friend. The galaxy will still be here in the time it takes you to clear your mind."

Kahne opened his eyes slowly as he shifted from his position and stood up moving towards the window, his index and middle finger parting the blinds just so that he could look outside. Already he felt an uneasiness to the situation, yet he wasn't here to judge, not when he wasn't aware of the situation at hand. Having just recently been taken in by the Silver Jedi, he had learned much from them, while he aided them both as well as the Republic. He couldn't abandon the government that he had fought for and protected for so long. Yet where there was government, there was also infrastructure, and the Jedi Master just stuck to what he did best. Training those that he could and giving advice when needed. There was always an ulterior motive to the way things worked, at least in his past experience there was, it wasn't bad, but then it wasn't always good either. Kahne chuckled lightly as he heard the padawan's voice again and he just turned to address him once more. As things all the while moved as they would.

Shutting out all that was happening around him, Thurion closed his eyes and began probing Connor's mind. All he could find were shattered images of a life lived eons ago, telling him of the constant struggle of the Taung as well as broken promises, greed, lust for power and much more, all lending itself to the inevitable destuction of their whole culture. It was a mishmash of confusing imagery, too much to make sense of all at once. He snapped back into the present, eyes opening as he regarded the creature that now possessed the will and body of his friend.

"You're angry; angry at the world for what it has done to you. You and your kind..." he walked up to Connor once more, placing his open palm against the glass cage of his. "I am sorry, Connor. I don't know how to save you, not yet", he spoke solemnly before turning to face those gathered. "Padawan Tann, your words and views are wise, and I will treasure them always." His eyes glanced over to Coci, managing a faint smile. "But Master Sinopi is right, you shouldn't be here, for your own sake. There is nothing to be found here but tragedy", he continued, his smile turning into a frown.

He shook his head. "Forgive me, I must meditate on what I've seen here, today." With a gentle bow he moved to exit the room, stopping by to offer Coci a kiss on the cheek. She would know where to find him should she wish to come see him, and he would let her.

[member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Nima Tann"] [member="Kahne Porte"]

He stood placid. Calmly holding his hands by his side, Connor showed sign of hostility as he listened to the hollow words of a man with the responsibility of so many people and so many fates on his broad shoulders. He was devoid of emotion. He was devoid of reason.

Devoid of hope.

Watching as Thurion placed his hand on the glass; Connor stepped forward and tapped his index finger gently to his open palm.

”You couldn’t even save those closest to you before, Thurion Heavenshield. You have no hope in saving one who means so little to you.”

His eyes followed the mighty Jedi out, past Coci and into the Temple.

”Miss Sinopi. The more you give yourself like a cheap piece of meat to the next man who spins you words you are so…desperate…to hear, the more you lose everything credible about you.”

Connor didn’t smile, but he radiated control and used his words selectively, slowly and like poison. Stinging words that drilled into one’s mind without decorating insult in false sentiment.

”And you, Nima Tann, all that is to be found here is harsh reality. The only tragedy is that which eventually fells even the strongest Jedi; blind arrogance and the tunnelled vision of what they believe is right and grants them the power to police the galaxy. Not anymore. The Silver Jedi is crumbling. I know it. You know it. Iella E’ron knows it.”

He glanced sideways.

”Coci knows it.”

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Nima Tann"] [member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Kahne Porte"]

Nima Tann

After hearing an unexpected compliment from [member="Thurion Heavenshield"], she nodded and smiled to the man, but not that sincerely, still feeling confused about all this. [member="Connor Harrison"]'s words were coming truthful and sincere to her ears, especially after seeing the corruption of the Jedi with her own eyes. But if the masters had locked him in a holding cell, they had to know something that she didn't. But what if he was right, what if they only did this to him to silence the truth. Her heart wanted to trust him, but her brain still had many questions. Too many questions, but only few answers.

Thinking about the Knight's words, she finally thought what to say, slowly reached to the glass and with a confused heart she started to talk. "I... I don't know. I... have seen many bad things that I thought it was not the Order I know. But... uhh" She stopped for a moment, turning to Master Sinopi, and continued her sentence. "on our last mission on Zygerria, I have seen many bad things. I have met people, that have been sent by the Order itself to hurt one of its respectful members. Even one of us, Maya Whitelight. He could have died there. Didn't you think that? How... how can Jedi do this to their own people?"

She was too confused to think clearly, only thing she wanted was an answer, an answer that will clear her mind from confusion. The dark thoughts that filled her mind were disturbing, and she had to find her answers soon, before it's too late.

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

Watching [member="Nima Tann"] wrestle with the conflicted emotion and questions she was trying to answer, Connor nodded slowly. The fact she was disarming her own thoughts meant she was walking the fine line between what was right and what was ever so wrong.

"Master Sinopi. I trust now your floozy has gone, you can get on with telling me WHY you are here, if not to gawp after someone you feel sordid emotions for?"

He took a few steps back, distancing himself and forcing the two Jedi's hands.

"If you're not going to let me go, so I can actually get on with my job of saving this Order for self-destruction whilst I still can, I suggest you go and think where your allegiances lie."

Connor stood still and turned to Nima.

"I hope you're taking notes Nima Tann on how NOT to be a Jedi Master. This one here is too deceptive and manipulative and...damaged...to put your faith in. Believe me."

[member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Kahne Porte"]

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Nima Tann"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Kahne Porte"]​
She remained still and quiet throughout the whole interaction between them all. Her force threads reaching out to all of them, investigating and probing and watching to see exactly what influence he held over the Padawan. It was obvious to her that there was a connection of sorts, a corruption by the simply fact she is here now.

Coci would ignore the rantings of the possessed one, she knew full well this was not Connor speaking. As he once stood by her side to combat darkness and pull back Maya from the depths of the darkness. More and more as she spoke, Coci knew.

Padawan Tann, now began to question the Order .. the Jedi. This a sign she too had fallen and Coci would deal with her at a later date, to try and rid her of her doubts. The girl is not possessed but confused by the Taung within him. The true work of the darkside.

"Padawan Tann, what would you do for your family? Connor is my Brother, a fellow Jedi or the Silver Order as are you. Do we not do our best to save him from this thing that possesses and twists his mind? Or would you prefer we leave him to suffer the fate of some many others that fall". She looked directly at the girl now.

"It is not Connor behind this glass, but something more and powerful that has taken his soul and poisoned your mind. This is your test Padawan, this is where you show me your true strength to be Jedi. To be Jedi is not to sit around plucking flowers and meditating .. it is far more then that and with it comes much responsibility, and sometimes we need to do things that are not kind in order to save the ones we love.. and he stands before us now, and in need of our help, we are not aiding an average person, but a powerful Jedi one capable of destruction if we let him go in this way. This thing that has taken hold of him, is also powerful, powerful enough to engulf Connor and it is that we now must fight in order to bring back our Brother".

The situation was far more serious then first realised by the Order, and Coci would now leave to give her report to Master E'ron. They would need to return and use the power of the lightside on Connor, several Masters needed to succeed.

"Do not stay long here Padawan, say your piece to him and leave .. and be vigilant to his corrupting words, for they are not his but that of the entity", Coci departed but would keep a close watch on them both.

Connor didn’t take his eyes of Coci. She was a shining beacon of light in a world full of darkness, but her light was fading fast before his eyes. Yes, she was his Sister, but in an Order built on decay and desperation that was hungry to survive by any means necessary.

He would make sure she knew her place before she spread any more lies about him.

Watching her talk to Nima Tann, he didn’t move until she had lectured the impressionable Twi’lek about the rights and wrongs of what she expected of her, and if a Taung saw a hint of weakness, it would strike. The warrior spirit inside was no exception to this rule.

It went ghostly quiet when she left. The contrast to the white holding cell to Connor’s black outfit and Nima’s robes was ironic; light versus dark, and the only weapon the Taung had was words.

”So. Nima Tann. Just you and I. Let me explain something to you.”

He began his onslaught, not wavering from her gaze and keeping his words firm and fierce, but calm and collected.

”Did you note how she lectured you, and she never asked your opinion? She just said what to do, how to do it, why to do it and that’s it!” Connor clapped his hands loudly.

”Why am I poisoned? Because I dare to speak the truth? Why does that make me a monster? I was under the impression of a spirit, yes, a powerful and wise spirit who now has shown me how to look on those who you follow without question and the danger they can present to you.”

Stepping forward, he inched closer to the glass partition.

”I am powerful, Nima Tann, but need to save others in danger of slipping away into darkness. Coci has just given you orders without giving you a choice. I have embraced my choice of light and dark to become someone the Silver Jedi now fear, hence why I am locked away like an animal. I ask you, Nima Tann, to make a choice.

Connor slowly moved his eyes to her right, to the small keypad on the wall illuminated by a warm orange glow.

”3.3.2.1.7.7. Jedi do change, but codes stay the same. Free me from this prison and come with me to Shri-Tal where our journey can begin where mine started. Or leave me here for them to lecture and dictate how one of their own should act, like a slave.”

[member="Coci Sinopi"] [member="Nima Tann"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Kahne Porte"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom