Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is that the place you spoke of...

dxun_by_corvusraaf-d96gbrc.jpg

For many centuries the tomb of Freedon Nadd had been lost, hidden by the Jedi so that the followers of the Dark-side could not seek to gain guidance or power from the Sith artifacts sealed inside.

Centuries was a very, very long time.

Corvus could hear the whine of the her ships engines as the ship sliced through the upper layers of Dxun's atmosphere, protesting as she pushed the vessel to her very limits. Time was an odd concept where space travel was concerned but she’d come to this place on the same day every month since…well, since that day. And in two hours she’d be late, so she pressed on, a bouquet of lilies in the co-pilot’s seat beside her.

She made it in time of course. Her destination? A small glade in the dense jungle in which no vegetation grew. An irregular pyramid of flat, grey metal rose up to a height of twenty metres from the heart of the clearing.

Corvus picked up the flowers and punched the button to lower the exit ramp. Walking to the back of her craft, she stepped out – expecting the oppressive nature of the location, but still not quite used to the shock to the system when it hit her.

The ground ahead was nothing but dirt and mud; no living organism could nourish in the shadow of Nadd's crypt. Even the plants and trees bordering the clearing were stunted and deformed, corrupted by the Dark-side power that clung to the remains of the great Sith Master in death. The tomb itself was a disconcerting shape; the walls of the pyramid were set at odd and jarring angles, as if the stone of the crypt had been warped and twisted over the centuries.

There was a single entrance to the structure, a door that had once been sealed but looked as if it had been smashed open many centuries earlier by someone seeking the secrets of Nadd's final resting place. And someone else’s too. Hence the flowers…

[member="Darth Ferus"] | [member="Braith Achlys"]

Every day. Every day for a whole month. It was a long enough habit for the Assassins to pick up. The grandmaster going to a planet alone with such consistency just wasn't something the Assassins could pass up on. And with such an important target? Ferus himself came. The Shadow of the Dark Lord sat within his ship, all cloaking active, so he could stalk his prey. Sitting alone in what one could consider a meditation chamber, the Sith focused inward, trying to keep his signature small, tight. Ever sense the Basin on Fresia, he could not passively shrink down his signature. A problem for the assassin.

"My lord, we're entering the atmosphere."

His Droid pilot came over the come however, distracting him. Like a dark beacon Ferus would be felt by anyone able to pick up on it below, and the Sith Lord sighed. So much for stealthy.

"Get us there fast. She'll know I'm coming now." The man stood up, gripping the saber that had been left in front of him.

Time to go hunting.

As Corvus stepped out onto the rough dirt and faced the ancient structure, she felt the Dark-side already having an effect on the cut flowers in her arms. They were traditional in her family – and associated exclusively with funerals.

There was no grave-side to place them on, but she’d typically put them just outside the broken doors. As she walked forward she saw last month’s offering, shrivelled to almost dust. She knelt down and put the new bouquet on the ground – staring into the blackness of the entrance to the tomb. To where she was hidden for eternity – assuming there was even a body left to be concealed.

As she allowed her thoughts to wander, she was aware of a Force presence. It was Dark, and almost masked by the general darkness around her. It could just as easily be a Dark Jedi approaching – they seemed to pick both sides of the divide these days. But for her to feel it without actively sensing for it suggested it was a powerful Force User. Most likely a Sith – and a Lord at that.

She was tempted to enter the White Current – to render herself invisible to even electronic surveillance – but she resisted for now. Whoever was approaching would know she was there – and was coming regardless. So she decided she owed it to them to find out why.

Then she stood and turned to face her ship. She took a few steps forward before stopping, gauging the area around her. The newcomer was approaching from the air and so she allowed sufficient room for them to land. She looked up at the dark skies...waiting.

If they wanted to find her, she wouldn’t make it any more difficult for them.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"My lord, she is in the clearing." Once more the droid spoke up, and with a couple light taps a camera feed showed up. Ferus looked over the screen for a moment, his face showing no emotion. She wasnt hiding, or preparing for a fight. Very well.

"Take us down. Land near by." A swift nod was the only reply. The interceptor moved its way down, cloaking no longer active, and took a spot right next to [member="Corvus Raaf"] 's own. The exit ramp, which was facing the female, opened to show Ferus stepping out. No fancy clouds or delay. The man simply walked down the ramp, both arms wide open as if he was looking for a hug for a long lost relative.

"Corvus my dear! I have been looking for you for quite some time. Ever since our chance meeting so long ago, I have been searching far and wide!" A clear exaggeration, but his red gaze was rather focused. Specifically, on her lightsaber.

"How have you been the past months?"

It was surprisingly easy to hide from someone so well-versed in stealth as [member="Corvus Raaf"], so much so that - at first - she had wondered if she had been noticed by the Jedi but ignored. She had allowed the Jedi master to embark from the ship with her flowers and then sat and waited, second-guessing her concerns. 'You should trust her.' She tried to assure herself mentally, though if such thoughts could have deterred her she never would have stowed away on the small ship. For a moment, not a brief one, she felt a hint of shame for not trusting Corvus, for following her on her alone time to wherever - or whatever - this jungle was. The forestry absolutely reeked of the dark side, as though nearby there was a concentrated source of it, and even within the small craft she felt the polarity between her lover and its darkness. Her own presence had been completely concealed, a trick that many shrewd masters of the force had used to deceive the entire Jedi Order for a thousand years prior to the rise of the Galactic Empire and to avoid detection of the Sith a millennia before that. Physically there would have been nothing she could have done to hide from Corvus if she'd taken a moment to look through the rear of the ship, where she had crouched and hid in, but right now it only really mattered that she was here - and that she would figure out where Corvus had kept disappearing to.

[member="Darth Ferus"] [member="Corvus Raaf"]

The ship appeared visually and no doubt to sensors too. She was a Corellian but no expert on ships – but the more she saw, the more she was convinced it was a Sith that was coming to visit. The question was, was it Corvus or the tomb what brought them to this place?

As the ship landed and the ramp lowered, Corvus saw a figure she recognised. She would not say knew, for they’d met but once and that was brief. A Padawan had encountered the Sith and had suffered horrendous burns at his hand. By all accounts he was Darth Ferus, the head of the One Sith Assassins. Sisters talked!

But she knew little more. It was possible he was present when the Shadows had attempted to destroy the One Sith Assassin’s base. But she’d never entered the building so was unable to be sure.

His open greeting was peculiar, as were his first words.

“I am here. You are here. I think it’s fair to say you found me.” She smiled, her voice soft and calm. She was aware he was staring at her belt. Standing as she was, her cloak hung vertically and the hilt of her saber and shoto would have been visible – as would the handle of her katana. But she had no intention of reaching for them. The Force gave her no encouragement to do so, and she trusted it implicitly.

“I have been well, thank-you,” she responded, as if they were indeed old friends. But she did not return the courtesy, instead she remained silent, waiting to hear why he’d been searching for her.

[member="Braith Achlys"] | [member="Darth Ferus"]

"Your welcome! I'm so very pleased to hear you've been doing well. How has Taeli been? Still plotting her own plans to betray those she feels like? Or has she actually taken up the role as a true Jedi? I do hope she has found something to cling to, rather then shifting sides. It's a lonely life, being a traitor, after all." Still his arms remained up, as if he really was expecting a hug from [member="Corvus Raaf"] . Yet the entire time he kept his gaze on one thing.

Her light saber. Never once had his eyes flicked upwards, and it was as if he was mesmerized by the blade itself. But he continued his little ramble, a fake smile plastered to his lips. "And what of that girl? When you and I first met I almost removed her head, till you stopped me. She too has become a traitor, joining the Sith. You gained a sister, but lost a child. Truly ironic, no?"

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Stepping into the wilderness, off the ship, brought back memories of a distant planet in an age so long ago. A dangerous world, a tropical jungle world, with no civilization in sight. Based on how long it had taken to arrive here from home, though, she suspected it was much closer to the galactic core than her home of Pax Insul. The last time she had freely walked into the wilderness of any planet she had been a free woman and a caged woman all at the same time, praised as a goddess by her people but manipulated by her elders, and now she was almost no one. No established religious worship of her, no followers, but she had something more important than ten thousand years of worship - she had [member="Corvus Raaf"]. Maybe it was because she was so important to the Alua'an that she tailed her, but partially it was because Braith still had trouble trusting people when they didn't explain things. As much as it hurt to admit it to herself, she still recalled waking up blind, deaf, and paralyzed with a Jedi standing over her with a potent urge to rip her life from her. Of course the urge had dissipated immediately, but she knew that the urge to kill, once there, always came back. Not one survivor of Pax Insul remained, and there was no coincidence in her last words of damnation in that.

"It has been too long since I've tried to follow someone." She whispered under her breath, immediately conscious that she was likely to be noticed by the Jedi who seemed to have not gone too far from their mode of transportation, and the Sith Lord - one whom she recognized immediately. She knew it was likely futile to try to hide now, and it was rather pointless to do so as well, but the moment she saw Corvus's back while walking out she ducked back and slipped behind the ship's ramp, hoping she'd gone unnoticed for at least a moment - her signature in the force still buried and dispersed.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] [member="Darth Ferus"]

Corvus listened - not sure how to react. Was he toying with her? And there was a nagging doubt in the back of her mind. Something wasn’t right, but she had no idea what.

But the feeling wouldn’t go away.

But to remain silent felt…wrong, so she responded as politely as she could. “Taeli is well, thank you. She has seen the Light and yes, is a true Jedi. And oddly, I do not see her as a traitor.”

She was aware he continued to stare at her saber. It was momentarily disconcerting but passed. “And the person you speak of is no Sith, she is a Dark Jedi. But not irony…no.”

"But surely you didn't track me down here to enquire as to my health...did you?"

"No, I didn't did I?" Once more, the man never looked up to see [member="Corvus Raaf"] . [member="Braith Achlys"] would be completely unnoticed by Ferus as he continued to scan the Jedi's saber. It was as if he was looking for something in it, reaching out in the Force for something within. But what ever it was, he seemed to have finally given up as his red eyes looked up to meet the purple gaze of the Jedi Grandmaster. "I need you, and your Jedi, for a wonderful experiment. You will play the role of distraction for me, plain and simple. I'm sure you'd be more than willing to, no?"

The mock smile turned into a true one as the subject reached what he wanted. "Jedi are all about helping people, right?"

She leaned flush against the ramp leading into the ship and forced her breathing to slow, intent on listening to the full length of what conversation remained. A Jedi Grandmaster and a Sith Lord together, chatting. If she were some presumptuous and uptight Jedi she might have became immensely suspicious. Luckily she happened to share a room - a bed - with the woman in question, so the benefit of the doubt was given without even a nanosecond of hesitation - especially the uncertain tone of the conversation on Corvus's part. The Sith seemed to speak of another Raaf girl - some time ago she'd learned Corvus wasn't an only child, like she'd assumed - as though she was of some relative importance to him, though she doubted it was for anything humble or good. That much didn't attract her attention - as much as she loved the Jedi, she had no obligation to be heroic for anyone but her. Not that she was heroic, or anything.

It was the talk of using Corvus that immediately caught her full attention. You and Experiment were coupled together so closely that she immediately contemplated rushing out to rid Corvus of the Sith, only to realize she hadn't brought along her sword, which would have made stealth quite an issue, and unlike these Jedi and Sith she did not possess a lightsaber - which would have doubtlessly have been in possession of both of the other two at the moment, meaning she'd be more of a liability at the moment than help. So she waited a while longer, to see what else would happen - if a moment of combat were to be sparked then surprise would most certainly be enough for her to take advantage and use the force to its fullest - something she hadn't done since the literal moment she was locked away.

Corvus stood impassively. She’d been doing a lot of that recently.

“What you want and what you need are often confused. And what you need and what you deserve aren’t always congruent,” she offered.

“So forgive me if your sales pitch so far leaves me a little less than excited. For anyone you need me to distract in order to allow you to fulfil some plan? That does not sound promising.”

“And Jedi cooperate. We respect life and put the needs of the community ahead of the needs of individuals. We are guardians of peace. Does that equate to helping people? Well that – as they say – depends. On the who and the what. Now doesn’t it.”

“So please state your business simply, frankly and swiftly. That leaves less time and space for weasel words.” Her voice remained calm, her emotions were under lock and key right now and she was operating on pure logic.

"It's not very nice to rush someone, but I suppose I can let it slide." It was almost song like the way he spoke. Red eyes flashed dangerously as he began to walk closer and closer to [member="Corvus Raaf"] , but not in a threatening manner.

"What I'm going to offer you is something I do expect you to deny, but I ask you hear me out fully before simply shaking your head." No more sing song. His tone was cold, dead. His eyes followed in suit shortly after, he too becoming emotionless. "The Jedi, the Republic. They are loosing. Thousands of your people have died, only to fail against that which is the Sith War machine. You have had no time to lick your wounds or recover. But as you grow weaker, so to does the Sith. We of the Sith believe in breaking our chains, yet this One Sith chooses to tie themselves down to the biggest chain of all. A Sith Lord with no face, and no presence. The Dark Lord of the One Sith is a burden. And I want you, Master Jedi, to help me break it."

He would stop his walk mere inches from the females face. Darkness oozed off of him like water, thick and clear at such a close range. Within him however, it didn't feel like just one person. But thousands. Millions. The basin on Fresia, the one both Corvus and [member="Braith Achlys"] have been to, seemed to be within the man.

If Braith had said she had been shocked by the notion of treachery among Sith, she would have been lying. Even as far back as her youth she recalled the traitorous tendencies of these darker people. The man had essentially asked Corvus to collude in a plot to kill the Dark Lord of the One Sith - something she would have had no problem with, if not for the fact that this was obviously a power grab for the Sith. There are no good actions, nor bad ones, only good and bad intentions and a right and wrong way to act on them. If Corvus had accepted the offer she might be ridding the galaxy - assuming she'd succeed - of one Dark Lord only to perhaps create a vacuum of power to be filled by Sith that might become even more powerful in the wake of his absence. Most importantly, she would be accepting a request to kill someone, something which Jedi seemed to believe would bring them closer to the darker side of the force - a belief that Braith believed was more an allegory to personal corruption than literal truth of some dark, sentient, personality of the force.

Of course, Braith didn't worry about her friend accepting any such offer, as she took her role as a Jedi very seriously - she doesn't even own a pair of shorts for force's sake. What she did worry about was what the man would say if Corvus were to reject the offer. Knowing that such an issue, a confrontation between the two in such a short lapse of time, would prove difficult for her to intervene on, Braith shoved aside the hesitation she'd had earlier and slipped out from behind the ramp with a creeping feeling of unease. The sensation of so many different souls residing in one body reminded Braith of the crystals of hers that each possessed the soul of a human sacrifice - only shoved into one vessel rather than hundreds. She wanted to say something, anything, to break the attention of the Sith and bring herself into the center of attention for a moment, keep dangerous eyes off of Corvus, but couldn't help but swallow hard instead. "You should have let her go." She said quietly, instead. Clearly she meant Silara - to Corvus, that is.

There was really only one reason that she could think of why Corvus would travel to a remote structure that dripped with the dark side of the force with a handful of flowers, much less not tell Braith why or where in any amount of detail. Part of her wondered if Corvus had actually felt something for the Sith Lord, now dead and gone, or if she had simply been runner up - a sick thought, being that Silara had been married to a man that she'd loved and fought against her control with every fiber of her being prior to her death. Though she stepped up from behind the Jedi master, she kept her eyes locked on the Sith Lord with intense dislike. Braith could keep her feelings regarding normal people behind closed doors, but her dislike and distrust for Sith and people Corvus had called 'Dark Jedi' was blatant and clear with no attempts to hide it. A month or so ago she'd even swore to Corvus that she'd fight hard to rid the galaxy of their threat, and now one was practically standing right in front of her.

She allowed him to close the gap between them. Once or twice she wanted to hold up a hand, to stop his advance. But she trusted in the Force and allowed him to progress.

And then the dancing ended and he cut to the chase. “I am a scholar. The Jedi and the Sith? They have been fighting for millennia. To judge victory over a span of a few years is premature.”

“But your problem is a lack of understanding. To you, the identity and philosophy of the Dark Lord is clearly important. To me? What is the benefit of swapping one for another? Is the new one going to be benevolent and donate the One Sith’s planets to charitable institutions? If not, you have overestimated my interest in seeing a change of leadership.”

But no sooner had she finished speaking than her attention was drawn to her ship. Or rather who had emerged from it.

“I…” In truth, Corvus was relieved Braith was here. It was a lie found out that had been going on for too long. One she should have spoken to her chuisle about — but simply hadn’t found the words.

“I…it’s complicated.” She walked past the Sith and her eyes locked on Braith’s. The Sith assassin might as well have not been there. “When you unlocked my heart — for it was you, not Silara that did that — you also opened my mind to other emotions. Like guilt.”

“I feel in some way responsible for her death.” She shrugged, but kept walking. “Right? Wrong? I don’t know. It’s not love. Not in that way. It’s about respect. But for her, we would not be here now. This is where I brought her body after she died. I suspect the Dark-side has consumed the corporeal aspect of her by now. But the memory of her remains.”

“I wanted to tell you. To ask you. But foolishly wasn’t sure if you’d understand. I was a mistake.” By now she’d reached Braith but rather than hold her, she dropped to one knee in front of her and reached for her hands. “Forgive me, mo chroi. There is only you. There has only ever been you. But Silara was the vessel and for reasons I’m still not sure I can explain, I needed to show my respect.”

“Kneeling her before you now, I realise my folly. Something I will never repeat. From this moment on, no secrets…”

"Ah.. The Witch. And the Jedi? In love?" Ferus himself had fallen silent, more out of surprise. And perhaps a bit of respect. For what he wanted, he would have to swallow a bit of his pride. But this was not something he had expected. Red eyes shifted between both [member="Corvus Raaf"] and [member="Braith Achlys"] , he trying to grasp the situation. So the grand master was no more above her emotions then the rest of her order? Such a development wa.. Good. Very good. Another grin, wide and dark, formed on his lips. There was the seed, and it would prove all he needed.

"I do hate to interrupt now, but I would suggest taking this sort of conversation to privacy. That, and I do need an answer. What will you get out of it? If this works, the Dark Lord will be rendered harmless, and the vacuum will be filled. But through blood shed and war, the Sith way. A civil war, Sith fighting Sith. You will no longer be the focus, you can rest. Grow stronger as an opponent. I offer you the ability to lick your wounds. The other option however will not be as pleasant for you. Say no, and I will have to take your head to buy favor, and worm my way closer. The first is the better option for us both." A threat, yet he spoke it just as calmly as he did anything else. Sith were use to that.

"So please, choose quick so we can hurry along."

There was something every such debate between opposing philosophies that sought the destruction of a major enemy failed to grasp - though perhaps it was intentional in such lethal conversations, such as this, to avoid the unfortunate truth. That truth? That the perfect outcome required a replacement for the original evil that must rip apart that enemy from the inside, not quite a scapegoat but a hero to play the villain - suicide, really. Unlike a suicidal mission, however, it would require that person to take on the persona of the absolute highest concentration of evil, to become more sinister, dark, and horrible than their predecessor - as Sith Lords often were - and then to force a collapse of that group themselves, to die with no successor and a vastly weakened organization. Of course there were several huge problems with such a process, one being the requirement for an absolute mastermind and genius to manipulate the outcome at every turn so that every action would steer towards that event, that every event both fortunate and otherwise would be capitalized upon to shift back into the right path. But it was the requirement to throw away the preservation of self, to be wholly selfless, to be willing to die and never be redeemed upon death forever, that steered everyone away - even bastions of light like the Jedi of both old and new.

Braith had quite a bit to say on the subject but was, perhaps fortunately, interrupted by [member="Corvus Raaf"]'s outpouring of feelings and extreme disregard for her own safety - so much so that she even turned her back on the Sith who had been eyeing her lightsaber only minutes before. It was, perhaps, something she could see the Jedi doing in private, but she was both shocked and fearful - yes, even that horrible emotion - to find a turn in conversation, and attention, away from the one she'd stepped into. It was her fault, she supposed, that she brought up something she wanted to discuss at length in private, later, but nonetheless it was both touching and terrifying for her to find herself such a distraction in such a precarious situation. Her eyes were trained on [member="Darth Ferus"] the entire time Corvus approached her as she had approached her in turn, not trusting the Sith to keep to himself and more than prepared to intercept an attack now that she'd been free from her prison long enough to stretch her legs, so to speak. When Corvus took her hand, however, Braith quite literally went still. The explanation she was given was as convoluted as her use of the Sith as a method of communicating with Corvus - most certainly not right, but a means to a desired end.

"Corvus, get up." She whispered, keeping a slightly wider-eyed stare on Ferus while she spoke. "Please." Braith added, tugging at her hand gently, not once looking down. She wasn't upset with her over this, not the flowers or the strange respect for a woman that had, for all intents and purposes, only been a puppet that could have been replaced with anyone, but was mildly disappointed that Corvus hadn't thought that she'd understand her or accept her wishes like Corvus had accepted Braith for her faults, there was a whole tangent to what Braith could explain but knew it needed to be kept short. "There is nothing to forgive, you haven't wronged me. I'm not upset, though previously worried perhaps." She explained. No sooner had she spoken than Ferus broke his silence, speaking of such benefits that truly were likely largely overestimated on his part - she had been around the block a few times, so to speak, and knew that a vacuum of power within the Sith was only present when a significant portion of the whole entity was removed from the equation, and so even extremely powerful entities such as the Dark Lord only became a number when the sheer size of the Sith forces outnumbered or overpowered those of the Jedi. She would have pointed such out, if not for the clear threat that was tucked into the end of his statement and drew the entirety of the remainder of her attention.

"Have you grown since I last saw you, Sith?" She asked callously, thinking back to the time where she'd ripped his arm off from his shoulder. The circumstances of the fight had been in his favor, the location and time of day and all that, but time - and now location - were different. "You would do well to speak threats less openly." She added with a thin frown while she stepped around Corvus to stand between the two, a bold move considering the only weapon she had at the moment would be her limbs and the force with little to no protection from much of anything else. "If you are looking for a way to break apart your group of Sith, perhaps internal turmoil would suit it best - a conflict among the leadership that divides the whole of the group so that sides must be chosen. Just keep the winning side aligned against this Dark Lord of yours." Braith said, leaving out her own belief that any number of Sith could likely amass enough power now to contest this illusive man themselves or as a small group. It could spark a civil war, certainly, but it would only mean a much quicker change of hands in leadership and the risk - for the Republic, or the Jedi - was even greater than to continue trying to fight back. The replacement could be someone who had less restraint than the Dark Lord, someone who might want to blitz straight into the Republic capital of Chazwa and sack it like Coruscant, or perhaps to run a series of campaigns and invasions against them at a much quicker pace than before. Any number of possibilities could happen, and the bad ones outweighed the current choices they had to fight or flee.

It was a good thing that Corvus was not connected to her emotions. For she would have felt a balance of shame and foolishness.

Granted, the Sith was sharing with them his plans to overthrow the upper echelons of the One Sith. But she was equally giving away something vital. Something more so. It was a lesson learned and would no doubt be a painful one when her emotions were once more allowed access to her conscious mind.

And before she could respond, Braith took over. This bought Corvus thinking time and given her faux pas, this was a good thing.

And she allowed Braith to step closer to the Sith without a moment’s hesitation. For there was an aspect to the Jedi that was not unique but was entirely atypical. She trusted in the Force. Implicitly. It had been an early teaching and given her devotion to Center for Being, one that she relied upon.

It was why she could allow the Sith to get to close to her. Why now she did not fear for Braith. For the Force was her ally – and a powerful ally it was. In a fraction of a heartbeat she would be able to react. The Sith could attempt nothing without the Force knowing – and she would be warned. It had always been this way. It was never bravado that allowed others to draw their saber and strike before she even touched her hilt. It was the Force. Pure and simple. And she knew the day she tried to second guess opponents and ignore the Force – it would be the end of the benefit it afforded her.

Corvus was surprised to hear they’d met before. But she put that aside and listened. And finally she spoke as she walked to stand alongside Braith..

“I sense your coup will be a bloody one – but I do not share your expectation it will be long and drawn out. The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend. There are a myriad of reasons why supporting you is bad. But I’ll settle for one simple one. You are evil.”

"You misunderstand me. For the Witch is correct in what I plan to do. A bloody coup though.. That certainly sounds fun." He didn't so .much respond to [member="Corvus Raaf"] as [member="Braith Achlys"] . He focused on the woman, looking her over as if trying to find a weapon. Nothing visible, for now at least.

"Trust me when I say I do not want the second option. I like the first. Prefer it really. I can act sooner, and I dont have to kill you. Evil as I may be, what I offer is your benefit to be taken. A war between those still loyal to the faceless man, and a new way. Help me usher it in, and the Republic, millions if your peoples lives, will be saved. Spared. Do you not want that?"

It appeared that today was going to be one of those days that she was going to have to be brutally honest about Corvus, especially of her ability in combat. As far as defense was concerned, there were few who Braith knew that could rival her skill in Soresu, but when it came to offense? Well, it was time to clear this up. "How do you expect Corvus to help you in any way, shape, or form? She is no assassin, she is not a killer, you would be better off looking to someone else for help with more offensive combat experience - unless you intend to defend yourself to victory." She retorted. In all honesty the notion of even watching Corvus go after someone rather than defend pragmatically was something she couldn't picture in her head, and seemed rather ridiculous considering Corvus's specialty in defense - something she'd helped with, perhaps, when she gave her the necklace that she rather hoped was being worn now.

"The only way you can collapse the One Sith is to rid it of a majority of its people, and the only way to do that is to convince its lower echelons that their leaders are not people that they should be following - they need a better alternative than the Dark Lord, too." Braith explained, wondering why it was that anyone would possibly think that the Shield of Jedi could ever be used like a sword. "None of the members of the One Sith are Sith by any previous traditional definitions of such, they have the strength but not the discipline. Why do you think this would even work, even if you were to kill the Dark Lord and a few of his subordinates?" She asked.

[member="Darth Ferus"] [member="Corvus Raaf"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom