Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is That Darkness On the Horizon?

Invite Only

Corellia
CEC Headquarters
Office of Lord Protector [member="Ayden Cater"]

Given the nature of things within the Republic lately, Corellia was not a planet Lorelei would have placed herself. It was far from home, far from her responsibilities, and far from the reach of the Senate. Yet, here she found herself, arriving at the impressive CEC Headquarters building, watching the rise of the Corellian cityscape through duraglass panes.

The warfront had grown oddly quiet since the finish of Alderaan, and though the worry of yet another attack sat at the forefront of everyone's minds, Queen Lorelei Darke simply couldn't and wouldn't put her plans on hold. The collaborative project between KDY and CEC had undergone several months of research and far more time than she was want to admit in limbo. If not for the horrendous loss of life in the war against the One Sith, the horrendous loss of time and forward momentum in their work was just as offensive.

And now the Senate wanted more ships. More bodies. More money, time, effort.

Presently all Lorelei wanted was more whiskey for her tea.

Sadly, she was all out.

So, in this lull of unsettling quiet, she made time to get what she wanted. It only so happened that she was capable and prepared to kill two birds with one stone. Three, if she had her way.

Permitted now through a side entrance, the KDY CEO walked with her Director of Operations DiVanca Leonardi, their Project team, a small retinue of obligatory Kuatian Royal Guards fully armored in gleaming obsidian and crimson, and one lone Honoghran bodyguard named Kefka. They'd arranged for a tour of CEC facilities where the bulk of the crystalline liquid research occurred, but the first stop was at the Lord Protector's office.

Into which the Queen strode with naught but Kefka in her company, leaving the rest in the hall to make nice with Ayden's assistants before beginning the tour.

"Lord Protector," Lorelei greeted the man, green eyes honing in upon him with the intensity of a prowling nexu, "a pleasure to see you without the distraction of lucid crystal-possessed hordes knocking at the door." The deft clipping of heels on the tiled floor marked her slow, steady, stately entrance into the expansive office, her gaze leaving him only to take it all in, "I thought we might skip the tour today, let the Project groups continue unchaperoned," she was at his desk now, the gleam of gold embroidery on her dress reflecting off the polished surface of his desk, Lorelei settled the man with a punctual stare, "have a little talk, just you and me. What do you say?"

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

Ayden has only recently returned to Corellia when he had received the request from Lady Darke to visit Corellia. He stood in front of a mirror and was busy splashing cold water across his face. Looking at himself in the mirror, there were dark bags under his eyes, indicating how little he slept. Even with the increased number of Exarchs, he was stretched thin between travel, research, fighting, and handling the continued development of CEC. He looked down into the sink at the pneumatic vial. For a while, he had stopped. Cira had come back and he stopped. He had someone he could rely on, whom he could trust to ensure things kept rolling.

And then she was gone again.

He ran his hands over his face and groaned momentarily before he snatched the vial up and jabbed it against the side of his neck. He could hear and feel the hiss as the plunger was forced down, spilling all manner of chemicals into his bloodstream. Instantly his face relaxed while he felt his energy restore itself. Disposing of the empty vial, Ayden pulled out a small jar and began to smear its contents underneath his eyes with practiced ease. In seconds the dark spots were gone. A light application across the rest of his face and Ayden's complexion looked perfect and healthy. No one would be able to tell it was artificial. The perfect visage for a man that demanded perfection, and perfection demanded of him.

An hour later and he looked up from his desk at a knock and saw the familiar face of Lorelei Darke. He watched her with a pleasant smile and leaned back in his chair while she spoke, gesturing for her to take a seat. "Of course, Lady Darke. I'm sure the design team will be far more interested in hearing the latest updates on the crystal research." He quickly sent a message to one aide to have them start the two without the pair of them and examined Lorelei for a moment. As was habit and customary for him, Ayden pulled out a bottle of whiskey and set it down on the desk top while fetching two glasses from a drawer. While pouring them both a drink, Ayden looked at her. "So what did you want to talk about today? More excursions to uncharted worlds? Politics, perhaps?" He handed her the glass with a knowing smirk. "I hear the Senate is making plans for something."

With a noise of approval and a fluid movement, the Queen settled into the indicated chair, smoothing the lengths of her gown, one leg folded neatly over the other. She watched the man as he went through the dutiful, polite gestures one of his rank normally performed when accepting company, making note of stilted, lethargic movements.

"Something indeed," came her slow reply as the man returned with drink in hand. Something was certainly the word for it. Something was all the Republic ever seemed to amount to in their talks - hardly anything of notable worth in the recent years. What a womprat race it had all become, not that she would deign to speak these things aloud. The thought of it was enough to turn her mood, but there then came the proffered reprieve in the form of a handsome glass of whiskey.

That's one.

Narrowed eyes marked a note of ...understanding to his smirk, but she did not press the subject. It came as no surprise at all to see that expression on the face of the Lord Protector.

"I did not come here to discuss your panderings with the Republic, honorable and well-intentioned though they may be. There isn't enough Corellian Whiskey to last us the time it would take for them to reach a decision on how to tie their shoes, let alone who to ally and combine forces with," the woman cleared her throat gently, "no, I've come here to speak to you plainly. Off the records."

"Lord Protector...Ayden," the CEO's expression did seem to soften from that of impassive business, revealing a hint of the woman beneath, "thank you for the gift. It came at a most opportune time," she raised the glass with a mild smirk, indicating the bottle he'd sent her previously, "and I've enjoyed it completely. So completely that I've come to ask you for more."

[member="Ayden Cater"]

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

Ayden laughed with an energy that came not from his core but from the drugs in his system, though she'd never know that. A grin came over him as he looked at Lorelei and shook his head. "I have no trouble avoiding the discussion of the Senate's failings. And if it's whiskey you're looking for, then you've certainly come to the right man." He tapped on the keypad of his desk and stood up. A moment later and the panel of one wall fell away, revealing a long corridor. Gesturing for her and her bodyguard to follow, Ayden ventured back into a hidden turbolift. "A bit of a secret from public records," he explained as the door slid shut and they began a long journey down.

"Officially, Corellian Engineering's main facility is two hundred meters tall with fifty floors, three of which are below the surface. Unofficially, this complex has eighty-three floors. Sensor dampening material surrounds the lower thirty-three floors, masking their presence from orbital scans, with about five hundred meters of bedrock between the two sections." As he explained this, the walls of the turbolift shifted and became translucent, revealing a breath-taking view of the subterranean area. Appearing more like a miniature city than an industrial complex, a great lake sat in the middle of two long stretches of buildings. "This was actually a project that began shortly before the Four Hundred Years of Darkness. When the plague hit, it was actually accelerated. Some believed that the only way life would have continued was inside such a place. CEC kept its data back-ups and records down here. It's why we continue to offer designs from a time when many records were destroyed."

The lift stopped, with Ayden stepping out first. Waving down two security droids, he opened a set of double doors to reveal an office overlooking the lake. Tapping into another keypad, Ayden revealed a hidden storage unit and from it produced a bottle. "Whyren's Reserve, 395 ABY vintage. Was a good year, or so I'm told." He smiled and offered it to the Kuati Queen as a gift while getting out a second, less prestigious vintage for the pair to drink.

Intrigue. Not a bird she had been aiming for, but who was she to ever deny that particular target when it so willingly flew before her crosshair?

At his gesture she rose from the chair and joined the man in the lift, looping one arm through the crook of Ayden's nearest while he conducted his own private tour. Silent, listening intently, Lorelei soaked in every word. Green eyes flit across the view as the lift passed beyond the foundations of visible CEC HQ to that of the massive secret hidden below. Barely perceptible was her surprise, so much more was her growing interest. The sound of her heels echoed after that of his own boots as they left the lift and made way for the broad entryway of the office. The Queen released the Lord Protector's elbow then, allowing him to tend to a further show of good will.

Kefka followed, never once allowing the pair from his all-too-keen sight but remaining unintrusive.

Newest gift in hand, Lorelei lofted a brow, examining it.

It is a good year... the thought remained with her.

His smile was returned with a pleased expression, "You are too good to me, giving up that kind of vintage," the woman gently set the bottle on a nearby counter, "I'll be sure to save it for a special occaision. Allow me to return the favor..."

She moved slowly across the room towards the expansive wall of windows and their view, "Seems to me despite minor transgressions within the Republic and heresay over morals and questionable decisions, that the Protectorate has yet to be recognized for its efforts and its sacrifices made in the name of the Republic against a common enemy."

Lorelei passed a glance over her shoulder back at the man as he poured them a fresh glass each, "I understand you've lost a flagship. The Starfall?" Aptly and ironically named, she tutted softly with a subtle shake of her head, "How would you like to replace it with our little...project?"

[member="Ayden Cater"]

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

Ayden quirked an eyebrow at her offer. It was certainly a grand offer. A joint-project between KDY and CEC would certainly yield a terrifying ship. Though he was curious as to why she'd make the offer. The Starfall was not a simple ship. The Solo-class was a considerably scaled-back version, and one that had had much of its technological innovations stripped away. The cost of its initial development and production had easily exceeded a dozen Solo-class ships on their own. He would accept no less than a superior ship to replace what had been a significant investment.

"That's certainly a generous offer. Perhaps more generous than mine." He offered up his glass in a toast. "If you're sure such a project is to your wants, I'd be a fool to say no." He poured back his share of whiskey and savored the sting of it against his throat. It kept his senses sharp. "I have to ask why. The Republic is the chief client of KDY. Surely they would be more suited to fund such a project." He knew that Lorelei had made an offer to talk on a more relaxed tone, but given that she was both a Queen and the CEO of a company many would consider CEC's greatest rival, Ayden had a hard time letting go of formalities and business.

A tempered sip, a slow glance, the Queen gave an easy smile.

"Because I owe the Republic nothing, and it owes Kuat a great deal more than it will ever confess to..." her smile failed then, fingers lacing around the glass in her hand. Calm, steady, but with a strange sense of rising emotion carefully and masterfully kept in check. For a short moment the chamber of the office swelled with this undercurrent, the lights dimmed. For a short moment, the Queen's facade nearly slipped.

"We lost so many lives to Omni."

The fate of her planet was not kept secret from the galaxy. It had made headline news. Kuat had fallen fully and completely to Omni and his horde of machines all because of the terrible decisions made by the Republic. The destruction of nearly a quarter of the crown drive yards due to so many wrong moves made that day. The Republic had fled and left Kuat utterly defenseless to a full-scale attack by Omni. Those who had not been slain outright had been assimilated, the Queen including, or so the story went.

"We continue to sacrifice our time, our people, and we do it because we believe it is for some greater good. That the ends will justify the means. After all these years ... I'm yet to be convinced that the greater good is the Republic. I'm not convinced at all."

She looked to him again, breathing slowly, "What I am convinced of is this-" footsteps, fluid movements carried her back across the room to stand before the Lord Protector, drink still in hand, she looked from the gently swilling contents of the glass and up to those tired eyes beneath the brim of that signature hat. Surely drugs could hide the look of exhaustion, certainly they were nigh impossible to trace, but there was a look in those eyes that couldn't fool her. A stoic, steely assertion of oneself against complete failure. A negligence of giving up or giving in. An unhealthy persistence.

The Queen smiled, wryly this time, her voice a low, svelte tone, "that you and I need to stop talking business and you need to clear your schedule for the evening. We're going out to dinner to celebrate properly, just you and me."

[member="Ayden Cater"]

He had been in many uncomfortable situations. There had been times when he was so taken by rage that he couldn't form coherent thoughts, times when his very soul was so shattered with grief that no words would find him. But for all those times, Ayden knew what to do. He had a plan with him, always. No matter where he was, no matter what he was doing - The Corellian always had a plan, always knew what to do.

When she first began to speak, he nodded in solidarity. Corellia had had its own share of trouble. Corellia had been taken in the initial OMNI attack, though the Corellians didn't make it easy. For more than a month they fought back relentless, just barely keeping the mad droid's army from achieving secure control of the system. And he remembered Kuat. The Protectorate, still OmegaPyre then, had been delayed in arriving to the meeting. The impossible-to-miss opportunity had screamed trap and he had convinced Cira to take added security along with them. Only their late arrival had kept the galaxy's leaders from being consumed by OMNI.

He had been in the middle of concocting his response when the Queen suddenly turned. There was something in her movements that caused the hairs on the back of his neck to begin to rise. Ayden could only stare as she sauntered closer. His breath caught in his throat as she stopped just in front of him. At first he wasn't sure what it was she was suggesting. Did she mean an alternative location to discuss the ship? What else was there to celebrate? Then other others beset him. What if she meant this, or what if she was talking about that?

For the first time in almost seven hundred years, Ayden Cater did not know what to say.

And she knew it.

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

A sanguine smile pulled at the lips of the Kuati Queen in response to the man's silence. Normally the approach of reticence was her deal, but only to keep from saying that which spurned the pride of others. It didn't do to make enemies in such a way, that was simply too easy.

Lorelei lifted her glass and gave her own silent cheers in return before taking a drink and setting it aside, "The Corellian Symphony Orchestra is playing tonight at the Allegreno Opera House," the woman held her right hand out to the side to which Kefka, her noghri bodyguard, moved for the first time since entering the chamber to place something within it.

"I understand you're a man who is loath to make a scene so I took the liberty of reserving a private box under my name," the distance between them closed as the woman moved in, lifting her free hand to his jacket. With slow, deliberate movements she lightly pulled open the front collar and slipped her other hand in to tuck inside the hidden breast pocket a datachip containing information on his new evening plans. Certainly the presence of the Kuati Queen would be of marked interest for the owners and benefactors, but it was not the first time she had attended. All the usual amenities would be made for visiting royalty without any clue that the Lord Protector would be in attendance as well.

What a pleasant surprise for them it would be when he showed up.

Lorelei's smile grew coy, "Nine o' clock," she patted the Lord Protector on the chest before pulling away, "you'll need time to get ready so I'll see myself out. Thank you for the private tour and-" she picked up the bottle of vintage reserve, "the gift."

And just like that she was gone, leaving Ayden to his silence and with plenty to muddle over.

[member="Ayden Cater"]

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

'Can you do it?'

'Could you sacrifice her for the greater good?'

'Could you watch her die?'

Ayden blinked and realized with a start that he was wet. His throat hurt, felt as if he had gargled sand and broken glass. He sat there confused as to when he had sat down when he realized that his hand hurt. Looking down at it, he was surprised to see cuts all across the back of his hand and knuckles. As he turned his hand over and over to inspect it, he realized that there was glass on the floor beside him. When had that gotten there?

A creaking groan stole Ayden's attention and he looked up in time to see a cabinet, twisted and broken, fall forward with a crash. It was only then that Ayden realized that his office was a mess. The desk was the only piece of furniture still intact, by simple merit of its sturdy construction or some happenstance he wasn't sure. All the wall panels had been blown out, yet the glass was all over the floor. It was as if some turbulent force sucked everything inward.

Working his way up to a standing position, Ayden winced and gasped softly. He gingerly touched his ribs and found that they were tender to the touch. Slowly he worked his shirt off and found to his growing confusion great bruises across his chest, as if he had been thrown about.

"'Am I being replaced?"

Ayden spun around and froze as he found himself staring at a familiar face. A face that haunted his nightmares and dreams, a face that he had not seen for centuries. It was a face contorted with rage and hate, but it was her face all the same.

"Elara."

It didn't do to dwell on the past.

While Ayden was busy with a horrifying encounter of the spectral kind, Lorelei was busy tending to the business she would be missing for the evening. Mobile command centers were useful like that. Sitting at a desk while the uplink from the KDY for a holo-call with her Director of Operations connected, Lorelei called in tea.

A young woman dressed smartly in the Kuatian royal colors of crimson and black, stepped lightly to her desk, "Your tea, your Highness."

"Thank you, Lacey," Lorelei replied without looking up from a datapad set before her.
"Would...would you like me to get your things ready for the concert?"
"Yes, Lacey, that would be fine."
"That red dress, the new one that just arrived from Glitterstim?"
"No, not that one," Lorelei dismissed it with a distracted wave of her hand.
"But you loved that dress, your Highness. You haven't worn it yet."
"Not that one," Lorelei repeated slowly, "I have an impression to make on the Lord Protector."

Lacey gave an audible gasp that she quickly covered up with a hand to her lips, "You're joking."

"I do not joke," the Queen replied, glancing to the girl over the rim of half-moon spectacles, left brow rising a dangerous centimeter, "not the red one."

Hand still over her mouth, Lacey nodded quickly and slipped over into the Queen's private bedchambers. Lorelei went back to her reading. The Republic had recently proposed for further supply of ships from KDY, which meant she would be forced to put other clients' projects on hold. It was a dilemma, to be sure, as Kuat had never, under her rule, put all its eggs in a single basket. Especially not when that basket was as full of holes as the Republic. There were difficult decisions ahead to make, which would only serve to-

"What about this one ... your Highness?"

Lorelei glanced up again, acidic green gaze settling on a simple number held up by the girl, "...is that?"

"Your basic LBD? You betcha. It's muted and understated. The pleating details gather at the waist so you don't lose your womanly appeal but it also won't draw attention away from you, which is exactly what you want your partner to focus on for a first date."

Silent for some time, Lorelei slowly lifted a hand to pull the glasses from her face, "Lacey," she began with a sharp tone that caused the young assistant to second-guess her choice and prepare to start mocking up her resume again, "remind me to give you a raise when we get back home."

"I'm sorry your Highness, I knew I should have ... uhm, what?"

"Pick out something to go with it. Something ...silver."

"I...well, yes, of course your Highness."

Lorelei watched her go with a bemused glance before putting her glasses back on and returning to the grind.

Not that kind of grind, get your head out of the gutter. It's only their first date.

[member="Ayden Cater"]

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

While the choice of dresses and dinner plans were being contemplated, Ayden yelled while flying through the air to crash into the mangled cabinets that did nothing to cushion the impact. They creaked and toppled over with him, eliciting a pained groan. The glass was back underneath his palms and cut at his skin every time he moved. From the small, unobstructed view where cabinets had not fallen, Ayden stared at Elara as she simply stood there, a small smile on her face as if she had not just thrown him bodily across the room.

"Oh come now dear. Surely you're not done defiling my memory yet, are you?" She smiled a little wider, a jarring chipperness in her voice that belied the darkness she was exuding. It was impossible for her to be there, yet his office wasn't trashing itself. What then was going on?

"You're supposed to be dead." Ayden groaned as he struggled to get out of the heap of scrap he had been buried under. Looking down, he found that blood was now freely flowing down one arm where a jagged piece of cabinet had bit through his clothing.

"It's not so hard, you know? Being dead." She gave a quiet chuckle before she began to strut towards him. "All you have to do is join me and you can be happy again."

"Be happy? Dead?" Ayden asked with no small hint of incredulity in his voice. "Wasn't it you who had always said that no one should go running into Death's arms?" He kicked one cabinet up into the air and threw out his hands. With the Force carrying it, Ayden was simultaneously unsurprised and stunned to see Elara slam into the wall with the cabinet. He had no further time to process the thought before she abruptly upright. The cabinet lay undisturbed from where it had landed on top of her, yet she was suddenly standing with a deranged grin.

"Come, my love. Join me in oblivion."

Corellia
Allegreno Opera House
proudly presents the Corellian Symphony Orchestra

"Your Majesty, we are so pleased to have you attending the Opera House yet again. All your normal accommodations have been made and we have for you the Chef's special tonight..."

Pleasantries were a tedium for the practiced professional. Lorelei arrived like she always did, precisely twenty minutes ahead of show commencement. Early enough to have time to settle in and make a proper wine selection, late enough to miss the rush of arrivals. Not that the Queen of Kuat was made to suffer waiting in line with the rest of society, gallant though they may be. She enjoyed treatment that even the upper echelons of Corellia itself were not privy to, which likely was not the norm for visiting royalty outside the sphere of the Protectorate, but such was the privilege of being precisely the person she was.

You didn't live for as long as she had to be treated like simple royalty.

Especially when, several hundred years ago, her reign had extended to Corellia.

"Your box, Highness, just as you like it."

"My isn't this lovely," Lacey Hardt was there but only at the lasting patience of the Queen and to run a final wardrobe check before the Lord Protector arrived, "thank you so much for getting me a ticket for the evening, I've always wanted to see the Orchestra live."

Lorelei afforded the girl a measured glance bereft of the usual critical sting - her version of a cursory you're welcome. In the background, down below at center stage, the Corellian Symphony Orchestra warmed up with long notes and sonorous stretching. Off to the side the pianist scrawled in a gentle song.

Lacey delicately cleared her throat and stepped forward to take the Queen's coat, revealing the very simple black dress chosen for the evening. The girl smiled broadly at her work, beaming with pride, "Is there.. anything else you need before I take my seat, Your Majesty?"

"No, Lacey, go enjoy your evening."

"Thank you, Highness, I will. I have my comm on me, when you're ready to leave."

Delicate notes of the piano tapped in through the air, ringing a rhythmic tune that drew the Queen to the railing of her box. Music set to soothe the soul of a beast, still worked after all those years.

[member="Ayden Cater"]

[member="Lorelei Darke"]

"Well you look lovely."

Ayden stood behind Lorelei with a faint grin and a lack of tension in his face. The black three piece suit he wore was oddly matching with her dress, without him ever knowing exactly what it was she was going to be wearing. It might have been a little strange to see him without his signature hat and coat, but Ayden looked at home all the same. There was no trace of stubble or weariness in his eyes as he joined her at the balcony's railing with a relaxed sigh.

"It's been some time since I had a chance to enjoy myself like this." There was a quiet honesty in the Corellian's voice that hinted at some other meaning to his words, but he didn't seem inclined to speak it. He watched as more people came into the hall, content to simply observe. If she cared to scrutinize him, it would be apparent that something had changed in Ayden. He lacked that coiled tension of a pit viper ready to strike at any moment, a genuine aura of peace and happiness that had not been found with him for longer than he'd ever admit.

"I wanted to thank you for convincing me to come out. ... Forced me out, I suppose is more accurate." He chuckled and stepped back to pull out a thin black case. "It's not much, I'm afraid, but I have a gift for you." Opening the case, a fine sapphire teardrop hung from a silver chain. The gemstone glistened under the opera hall light as Ayden carefully pulled it out. "I supplied the gemstone myself. Seemed only fitting somehow." He undid the clasp and held the necklace open. After he got a sign of approval, he stepped forward and gently placed it around her neck, careful not to damage the clasp.

Standing back to admire the jewelry, Ayden smiled and looked out at the nearly packed theater. "You seem like you come here often. I overheard some of the staff mention that you were something of a regular here. I feel I should apologize for not knowing that the Queen of Kuat was so fond of Corellian opera." He finally took a seat, feeling as if he had been standing for weeks. "Since you seem to be in charge of things so far, what's on the agenda next?"

Woodwinds and drumbeats, low bleating tones rose from below. A chime, a harp-note. The pianist carried on, tune slowing to a somber pace. Lorelei closed her eyes and lived within it, seeing within her minds eye the spinning of the galaxy playing through a memory reel both ceaseless and enduring. She felt him there before he spoke, but his voice did draw a mild curve to her lips.

"Well you look lovely."

Her fingertips gently tapped out the notes on the wooden rail as the keys quickened pace, she lifted her head to look back at the Lord Protector over her shoulder, green gaze easy as it took in his fine presentation. There was no recollection within her mind of ever seeing the man beyond what was his most typical and personable attire. Indeed, without the hat there was something amiss. Something out of place, but not necessarily in a negative way. He was by no means harmed by its absence, in fact, he was quite handsome. He was quite different, changed even.

Lorelei didn't press the notice, opting to accept his company with silent reserve as he settled in and acclimated himself to this new realm of energy and pleasant calm.

Enjoying oneself. Hardly a liberty people of their stations often partook in. The galaxy didn't wait - never had, never would, but understandably after so long one learned how to control the flow to meet their needs. All it took was simply taking charge of it - just as she was today. Some might call it puppet-mastering, but Lorelei simply liked to think of it more as affecting the current. Puppeteering had grown tiresome after so long due in large to the predictability of outcomes. Here, however, she could wonder at how her influences would alter the flow of galactic waters. Its cryptic effects were far more pleasing.

Such as this: a gift. The Queen arched a curious brow, turning as Ayden revealed the contents of the box, and gave a small smile, nodding shortly as he offered to dress her with it.

"How unexpected," she touched lightly at the crystal where it sat against her bosom, voice low, "and exquisite, thank you." Her eyes trailed after him as he moved away and finally took a seat. Lorelei followed shortly after, taking the chair next to him, her usual spot, a curious glance his way at the apology.

"Hardly a need for an apology, I make very little noise on Corellia when I visit so there's no surprise you weren't aware. I have attended the Corellian Opera for many years - my late husband Salvador, who in his younger years pursued a musician's dream before being pulled into politics, introduced me. We attended with my children as they grew up, and continued after his passing. Now they've grown and left for all manner of grandiose dreams and I still come," she gazed off at the stage below, eyes slowly tracking along the rows of talent, "out of fondness and habit. My love of music and good company maintains."

Thumbing the jewel at her front, she tipped her eyes back to the man at the mention of the night's agenda, smile broadening, "Wine," she answered lightly, as if it were so obvious, "music, dinner, conversation..." the woman leaned towards him, green eyes glancing up along the details of his suit before locking on him, "perhaps a dance, more wine. Who knows, I much rather allow my pleasantries to play as they will." A fang glinted faintly in the dimming hall lights.

[member="Ayden Cater"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom