Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is it just me?

ok so i gave starwars Resistance a chance
and oh my god i hate the main character.
guy starts off as " oh he may be competent"
then becomes a petulant child.
the acting is on par with galactik football
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kSZ8Uihz0w
so is the animation coming to think of it.
hate to say it.

Bunker-level Normal
The animation really doesn't impress me. I mean, come on Disney, if you're going to do 2D, at least do hand-drawn. I honestly don't know that I've seen a 2D digital animation film by Disney, and if they actually have one, there's probably a good reason why I haven't seen it.

Even The Clone Wars (original) series had better 2D animation than this.

I'm growing really annoyed by the half-assed digital 2D animation these days. Netflix has jumped on the bandwagon, and there's some truly awfully "drawn" designs out there. I'm no expert, but even I can tell that the animation of, say, The Magic School Bus Rides Again is a huge step down from its predecessor. Or Disenchantment and The Dragon Prince don't share nearly as much heart in their animation as their cousins in The Simpsons/Futurama and Avatar/Korra respectively.

Low-budget, careless animation like this might be fine for kids shows just for kids. And maybe that's all that Disney wants here. But I think it's a big mistake, Star Wars has generational appeal, and they're really going to cut out a big part of the fandom (read: built-in audience and cash source) if they keep aiming too low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom