Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iron Veil; Imperial Confederation Dominion of Aargau

Captain Marriskcal Lati,
Commissariat for State Security & Force-Related Affairs

Objective: #2; Rest for the Weary

Interacting with: None

lpRayG4.png

It began with an outcry close by the tents.

The hurricane of emotions crashed down, accompanied by the howling squall of fear and sharp thundercracks of resentment. The Force roiled and shrieked, singing a discordant trill.

Exchanging a silent glance between them, the two commissars made their way to the edge of the gathered crowd, the mirrored gleam of their eyes and pursed lips swiftly finding them several keen volunteers from amongst the junior officers. It was clear that they were going to lose control of the situation if they did not act, and Marriskcal was not about to allow chaos to reign.

Fortunately, the first wave of personnel and aid workers that were assigned to the Benoga distribution point were all experienced. Despite their mounting concern, they remained calm and determined, ready to carry out the task assigned to them. The young woman looked towards the lieutenant and gave her assent for him to arrange for the civil taskforce stationed within various strategic areas in the recruitment zone to be deployed.

Satisfied that the zone was under the male’s capable hands, Marriskcal made her way to a quiet area at the back of the tents once more, once again bring up an arm to check for updates from Central Command and send out similar instructions to the other zones. With her focus so utterly taken up by the task at hand and the waves of turbulent emotions crashing against her psyche, the blonde did not even notice the small frame of a youngling nearing her until she felt a tug at her skirt.

Blinking in bemusement, the young woman looked away from her small screen and met the teary-eyed gaze of a boy that was barely taller than her knees. Hesitantly, Marriskcal crouched down until she was close to him in height. Living with her brother and observing how he spoke to the children they have taken under their wings, she was slowly growing more and more aware of just how much she lacked.

Hello there, do you need help with finding your father and mother?

Cynthia Alucard, Pixie Wing Commander
Interacting: [member="Lannik Hayes"]
Attire: Uniform

cyn_2.png

Maybe if I was under better circumstances, like my flat back on Coruscant. Cyn wanted to cry out, but instead she bit her tongue and offered Lannik a raised eyebrow at the insinuation that she was indeed ill or sick. The Stormtrooper in front of her -I mean Arc Trooper, Cyn corrected herself, was in rather good standing with many of the superiors from when she had last examined his available file.

Cyn wasn't under the impression that Sergeant Lannik held an attitude problem, more over she had found his demeanor quite suited for his role of a soldier. We had a terrific time back then, Cyn concluded in her mind that Lannik was perhaps another soul out here that understood her quite well, If not a bit too unaware of his caring words. The TIE Commander felt no ill will to the man for addressing a clear concern of her condition but all the same Cyn hoped that no one else would draw too close attention to her unusual self.

Cyn continued to listen, not trusting her voice at the moment in fear that it would betray her further but she did find the prospect of seeing another commissioned officer's office was and compare it to her own. She had written a list of things other had received and she had not over her months here among the Core and damned if she didn't get all the things written down on her list.

"I have been active with my duties. . ." Cyn responded, after she stepped inside the cool office room and eyed the decorum instantly. Her voice strung along, as she carefully made sure not to pluck the wrong string and crack her voice, "-The Core does not lack for students attempting to learn to pilot after-all." Cyn added with a bit of a dismissive twang in her inflection.

Cyn calmly examined the room and took note of several furnishings and much higher quality caf machine that was missing from her own office, a scowl flashed across her features but quickly replaced with her normal stern appearance and thin flat line of her lips. "While I do miss being off-duty, my once Squad Leader told me that my job as a pilot was a vacation. . . from boredom." Cyn chuckled humorlessly Not a vacation I'd want really.

Lannik Hayes, Stormtrooper Sergeant
Tags: [member="Cynthia Alucard"]

A5uaNL3.png

F14b6sn.jpg

He laughed, amused by the hint he caught in her tone. Oh, her words may be flawless and polite, one that did not allow others to pick and criticise at her spoken opinions, but he knew all about politese and the need to remain gracious and vigilant while standing in the public eye. And this here was why he preferred the stormtrooper corps, where he was wearing the same armour and carried the same weapons as hundreds and thousands of others.

I do suppose holomovies and holodramas do romanticise starfighter pilots a whole lot. Well, I hope you haven’t been puncturing their pride and ego too badly,” he commented wryly, stepping in to the office after the blonde. For he had no doubts that the ace pilot was someone that did not stand for such nonsense and will… probably use them as examples. Of what not to do, that is. Not as her personal trampoline… or as a target practice dummies… or so Lannik hoped.

Your Squad Leader sounds like exactly like my

It was then that the blaster door to the officer itself hissed open and a distinguished looking older man peered out from at both ace pilot and sergeant.

Major Marwitz!” Lannik near squeaked.

Hayes, I thought I heard your chatter even through these walls. And… you’re Wing Commander Alucard, if I’m not mistaken? I was just about to get someone to look for you. Since you’re here, the both of you may as well come in so we can all not waste time.

Dracrowar wandered about without any aim, his feet and instincts taking him around the place. While he was not as talented as some other Force Users when it came to reading other people's emotions and thoughts, he could see for himself that the people of Coruscant were contented. Mentally, he gave a point to the CIC. Secondly, he could see the unmistakable armor of the stormtroopers walking among the crowd every now and then as they made their patrol rounds. He gave yet another mental point.

When his eyes caught a bar, he made his way inside, giving the bartender a nod and order for a whiskey on the rocks. As it was early evening, the place was rather empty. Grinning inside, the white haired male began to chat at the Coruscant resident, using him as a sounding board to obtain more information on this defector and the newly founded government. While the stoic bartender was not a man of many words, what he did revealed to Dracrowar was definitely more complimentary than not. And whatever else he found criticism with, it was mild, hardly anything of note.

But while there were no particular news that he could gain about the Ren, not that he expected any considering how secretively they were even back in the First Order, he managed to hear an interesting news about the ISB and how there was a small part of them that was made up of Force Users to police other Force Users. But not knowing much more than that, the bartender merely shrugged and told him that he would just have to do some legwork of his own. Never one to fear a bit of work when he found himself curious, Dracrowar tipped the bartender, finished his drink and exited the rundown bar, his thoughts turning towards investigating this entity.

Would they approach him because he was a Force User? Or would they leave him be until he caused trouble or did something of note?

Captain Marriskcal Lati,

lpRayG4.png

It was as though her words only reminded the youngling that he was lost, for his doe eyes only gleamed all the brighter with unspilled tears. Marriskcal observed him warily, the weave of her presence swirling with her trepidation and disquiet. While she has been slowly becoming more familiar with the orphans back on Coruscant and their temperament, the youngling before her seemed much younger, perhaps barely even five.

P– Please do not cry,” she pleaded with the child, hoping beyond all hopes that he was able to understand her and was able to be reasoned with. “We can look for your parents. I am quite certain they are worried and will be looking for you as well.” Inwardly, the young woman was beginning to panic when it seemed that her reassurance only seemed to have yielded her a contradictory outcome.

What was it that Seto did again when the children hurt themselves and looked as though they were about to cry? Make those weird looking faces? Play peekaboo? Though they always complained they were much too mature for such juvenile matters, they still cheered up in the end.

… Perhaps she should just pick him up, march towards the crowd and hope for the best.

But reluctant as she was, and feeling more than a little silly, for she has never done something so undignified in her life, Marriskcal lifted both of her hands and hid her face behind them. Crafting a cheerful smile on her lips, she split her hands apart and peeked at the youngling. However, unlike her charming brother, it did not seem to have the desired effect.

The youngling looked at her in alarm as he took a small step away from her. Just as she was about to assure him, he closed his tiny hands over her wrists. And she could not help but realise that she could clearly see the shape of his bones beneath skin and flesh. Her heart ached for the child.

I am… fortunate.

And maybe she would never find herself free from feeling that she was nothing more than an afterthought and that she was unwanted, ut Marriskcal was well aware that she was more fortunate than a lot of other beings in the galaxy. After all, she had never grown up knowing hunger and has never worried about living to see the next day.

Fine, fine… No peekaboo,” she agreed with the youngling with a pout, allowing an exaggerated sigh to escape her as she did. At least the child seemed to be distracted from his fears and was not close to tears anymore. With false cheer, the blonde gently detached his hands and scooped him up, balancing him at the flare of her hip while using an arm to keep him balanced. At his yelp of excitement, the shade of her smile became slightly more genuine.

Let us venture forth~

cyn_2.png

Cyn was nearly about to respond back to Sergeant Hayes when the doors slid opened and revealed Major Marwitz, distinguished and ever the opportunist. Perhaps unfortunately for Cyn she should have guessed why this office had received the better furnishings and equipment. This is a Major's office. She bit back her thought of being careless, she had not expected Hayes to bring her into a Superior's office of not just someone who outranked him but her as well!

With her shoulders stiffened and her heels snapped back to attention, Cyn saluted Major Marwitz and perhaps for the second time this day Cyn plastered her best smile possible. "Oh? Than perhaps it is good fortunate I followed Sergeant Hayes here." Cyn responded as she concluded her solute and followed the Major into his personal office.

The desk possessed an impressive gleam, a shine that Cyn wondered how it was buffed to glow as such with the soft desk lights over it. Cyn returned her attention quickly back to the Major and listened intently to his voice as he explained a different situation.

"We have heard of interesting new developments among the Eastern worlds, nothing too dangerous as armed insurgency, but with the collapse of the New Republic it had forced us to move at a much quicker pace but even with our strength the process is still slow." Major Marwitz explained to both soldiers in front of him.

He opened a holo-map and gestured towards the system of Arkania and the surrounding worlds, "-After reading through the reports of Anaxes it appears you two have some experience to ease in both civil and military disputes calmly enough and I have reassigned the two of you, along with other support staff, to monitor and help coax the planetary administration to be more receptive to the Core Confederacy."

Cyn for her own part remained quiet, her eyes focused but her mind raced through all the possibilities. She had not expected much to come from her little Candy Shop raid that ended quiet poorly but now she was looking a gift a horse in the mouth if she did not expect. This is how I'll ignore the Corellian border conflict! Cyn nearly wanted to jump to joy at the thought.

"I will do my duty to the Confederacy as I have done back then and now." Cyn nodded with a quick solute, "-When do we plan on leaving?"

OBJ: Interrogation
Lieutenant Erik Morkshna
Commissariat - Imperial Security Bureau
LOC: Undisclosed location

"I should probably introduce myself before we go further. You are kind enough to help me, I should be kind in return, no?" the woman placed the papers back onto the table for a moment and extended her hand. "You may call me Orala. Pleasure to meet you." She then remembered the man was restrained and retracted her hand. "Shall we continue?" she asked. Barok nodded and she gave him a smile. "Excellent. Now, this one is most important." Orala held up a picture of a human male with a scar on his neck. "Do you know this man?" she asked.

Barok took a few moments to look over the picture before shaking his head. "Think, Mr. Barok. Think before you answer again. Have you seen this man? Extremely dangerous to the public. This man is a murderer wanted in over a hundred systems. We can save so many people together, but I need your help." Orala's tone was stressed and somewhat desperate. Barok began to understand the importance of this investigation. He took another moment to look over the photo. Barok shrugged his shoulders as he was truly unsure who the man was. Orala sighed and threw the photo on top of the papers. "You disappoint me, Mr. Barok." she sighed before rising from her seat and left the room. Barok had a look of despair on his face as he watched her leave in anger.

In another room, hidden behind the mirror of the interrogation room, stood Erik Morkshna. He stood there, watching the whole interaction between Orala and Mr. Barok. He was the one who had orchestrated the entire plan. It was working just as he had expected, until Barok could not give him the answers he wanted. Orala stepped into the room and walked up to Erik. "Sir, he doesn't know. If he does, he ain't talking." Orala stated. Erik looked over the restrained man in the other room then to his subordinate. "What do you suggest?" she asked.

"Get him back to his cell. I have another plan." he replied. "Quickly. We are running out of time." Erik added.

Lannik Hayes, Stormtrooper Sergeant
Tags: [member="Cynthia Alucard"]

A5uaNL3.png

F14b6sn.jpg

In an echo of his companion, Lannik also snapped into a picture perfect poise of much cookiecutter and dignity. If there was one thing that his years of military service had given him, it was the ability to look stoic and serious within seconds.

Giving the lithe blonde the side eye as she conversed with the pepper-and-salt haired officer, the male stayed mysteriously quiet and subdued as he followed them in, allowing for Alucard to take lead. After all, unlike the ace pilot, Lannik suspected that he had tripped and stepped into yet another transgression that he did not quite remember committing… yet.

But as Major Marwitz continued to speak, realisation began to dawn.

Wait, was this…?

His eyes fell upon the world of Arkania as it spun lazily before them.

It was!!

Inwardly, he cheered at the thought of being sent to what the rest of the troopers would deem a ‘cushy assignment’. As they were to be part of the very first wave that would be sent planetside to spearhead the efforts of the imperium, the situation that was slowly brewing was unknown to the two ill-fated soldiers just yet.

But despite his growing excitement at the prospect, the sergeant maintained a solemn demeanour, giving his superior another salute. “Of course, Major. I will be on my best behaviour.

The older male merely raised a brow at the claim, but declined to comment on his subordinate’s rather low standards when it came to curbing his tongue and his attempts at behaving. “By this evening. It’s a short notice, but we all work with the limitations we’re given. I’ve just forwarded the details to your holomail. You have the rest of the day off to pack and prepare, dismissed.

Ushering the lithe blonde out of the Major’s office, Lannik gave her a bright grin. “Looks like we’ve lucked out, huh?” Despite his concerns with Alucard’s volatile and rather explosive personality, so long as she was not aiming it in his direction, he liked her quite a whole lot.

Well.

Considering he was also fond of Marriskcal and Kyli…

Perhaps it is my destiny to be surrounded scary women?

Catch up with you later? I’ve quite a bit to pack, not to mention I’d like some time to rub my assignment in my team’s face,” he said unrepentantly, giving Alucard a wink. Well, with the ace pilot on his good side, at least he would be escaping being used as a bouncy castle, or so he hoped.

Whistling the tune from a youngling's cartoon series, the stormtrooper gave his companion a final wave and started to make his way towards the barracks.

Lannik had a good feeling about his sudden turn of luck.

Captain Marriskcal Lati,

lpRayG4.png

With the youngling held firmly against her side, the young woman meandered past her fellow colleagues from the commissariat and members of the taskforce both. Her vivid blue eyes moved across the sea of chaos, briefly alighting on a being here and there. Her presence gently expanded, flowing and gliding past unsuspecting seekers and–

Oh?

What was that?

With a flicker of her thought, the tendril of her presence circled back towards the couple that radiated complacence. A passing glance at the surface of their minds was enough to make her eyes narrow in displeasure. Seems like we have found the cause of our incitements. Memorising their features and signatures in the Force, the captain caught the gaze of one of the soldiers keeping a careful watch over the agitated crowd. With her free hand, Marriskcal conveyed her instructions, ending it with a subtle gesture at the couple.

Satisfied when the armed male and his partner began to head towards the saboteurs, the blonde wandered deeper amidst the crowd. It was then that the sparks of panic that was accompanied by the steel of their determination resonated through the Force. Using their sentiments as a marker, Marriskcal carefully made her away past the gathered refugees, humming a mélange of tunes to continue to soothe the youngling she carried.

She first caught sight of the father, as he stalked and moved about in an agitated manner. Then close behind him, was a woman of a slighter stature. The moment their gaze fell onto the child, they rushed towards her. And if the child had not recognised them and opened his arms for them to take him from her, Marriskcal would have hesitated. Watching as their aura grew light and buoyant with their joy and relief, the young woman crafted a faint smile for the reunited family.

While she was pleased that they were together again and that the youngling was very much loved by his parents, it left her with a bittersweet longing. But as someone who has never really dealt well with her sentiments, the blonde merely ignored them and pushed them into the dark corner of her mind as she continued with her duties of coordinating the aid efforts and maintaining the peace within the distribution point until her brother returned to her side.

cyn_2.png

How encouraging. Cyn nearly wept at the announcement that she would be leaving this horrendous planet and off back to a much more clean planet with air that didn't reminder her of metal or stench. Her hands locked into a solute and quickly left the Major's office to go ahead and prepare her belongings. . . well technically she had already kept her belongings prepared as they were never unpacked so Cyn could leave at a moments notice.

"We have been given a rarity no doubt," Cyn agreed with Sergeant Lannik's assessment of their new mission.

Cyn nodded once towards the Sergeant and offered a lazy solute to the soldier, "-Do as you will, only be at the port bay on time." Cyn added nonchalantly, her shoulders had relaxed as her eyes soften now with the chance of a real rest and comfort.

The walk back to her office though reminded her that she was still not feeling all that well, and again she refused to see the Medical bay. Especially since it would or might cause a delay with her new assignment and that Cyn could not afford such time wasted when she could simply sleep off the worse of it. I just need a good rest, water and perhaps a strong caf.

Her smile ghosted across her cheeks and her eyes warmed to the idea of that special caf she had back on board her Star Destroyer she had once called home before becoming an instructor. She clasped both hands together, a soft clap and Cyn eagerly vaulted into her Office and room to gather her packed things and organize her remaining data-slates and reports.

Whatever work remained here, will remain here and not come with me to Arkania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom