Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Iron Sharpens Iron

jeditemplebanner.png

Coruscant - Thalia Senn Thalia Senn

Amani hadn't really been feeling nervous about all of this until right now. Midway through the turbolift ride up to the Council Chamber, all those doubts of readiness poured back into her mind. But she was a knight, right? She had to be ready now.

The next generation weren't going to train themselves.

Thalia had proven that she wanted to use the second chance that had been given. That she was worthy of the opportunity, the path of redemption. It was time she be permitted to make full use of that, and begin again her path to Jedihood. Which was exactly why Amani had requested that Thalia meet her here, though such details were kept vague.

The lift door slid open, and the mirialan stepped out into the empty rotunda, stopping in the center, surrounded by unoccupied seats that nonetheless felt as if they were observing her. She sighed, and forced her attention to the large bay windows, where aerial traffic dotted the sunset skyline. It would distract her until Thalia arrived.

Last edited:

The Council Chambers were in one of the highest points of the new Jedi Temple on Coruscant. From there you could see what felt like forever across the cityscape of the planet. The Temple itself was so large and the Jedi deemed so important to the identity of the Galactic Alliance that it dominated what had been known as the Temple District. While the Jedi and the Temple held no true power over the area it was influenced by their presence. It was the center of the universe for thousands of people, a beacon of hope - just as it had been for her in her naive childhood.

She'd let that light blind her. Foolish decision after foolish decision had led her down a dark path. Thinking the Jedi should be warriors of light she'd foolishly struck out against Jedi Master Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill . Believing herself a prodigy of the Jedi she told herself that she didn't need a master but lashed out when they left her behind. She'd let her attachments and her pride guide her journey as a Jedi and it had made her into...Something else.

There was no penance that could wash the years of blood from her hands. She'd long since accepted that. Others like Iris Arani Iris Arani , and the reason she was even going to the council chambers to begin with, Amani Serys Amani Serys , continued to tell her that the Force thought otherwise. As the lift stopped she glanced down at her two lightsabers. Two, once again. She still had the red one, the one she'd bled but it was in a box, locked away in her room. This new lightsaber she'd made after the crystal had called out to her on Ilum. A sign, Iris thought. The Council, it seemed, agreed with Thalia on this one though. There was no way for her to become a Jedi again. Not now.

The doors opened and she resigned herself to her fate. She tightened her hands into fists of resolve and walked into the Council Chambers.

Amani's ears perked up at the sound of the opening lift. She was here, after a time that dragged on much longer than it took up in reality. A pregnant pause hung over the room, until at last the mirialan forced herself to break it, "...Thalia," She said, slowly turning around to hide her fidgeting hands and face the young woman.

"Good to see you again. I hope you're well," Amani offered her a warm, if distracted, smile. The healer wandered behind the circle of seats, running a hand across the back of her personal Council chair, "I've been overseeing your rehabilitation for some time. Now that you've had a bit more independence, I was curious to hear your own opinions. Do you feel like you've made good progress? Do you feel… readjusted? Comfortable, with the current pace of things?" Amani had done what she could to support Thalia throughout the process. To be a steady hand and reinforcing presence in the face of what many hurdles she had to overcome to get where she was now.

The mirialan smiled again, less ambivalent this time, "Be honest, really. I'd like to hear it in your words."

Readjusted? Good progress? She shrugged.

"I'm not sure," she said, bowing her head and holding her left arm in an attempt to make herself seem smaller. "I appreciate the autonomy, it makes normal things like eating easier not having Pages follow me everywhere and the other padawans..." Well, she hadn't made any attempts to make friends with any of them. She figured she wouldn't be at the Temple long enough for it to matter. She was off to the Prism or the Citadel anyways. "The other Padawans haven't been as harsh as I'd thought they would be." What did it matter? She looked around the room suddenly realizing that they were alone. Something was wrong.

"The Council...What is this?"

jeditemplebanner.png

Amani studied the padawan's response with care. Things were going better, at least, even if Thalia herself remained unsure. "I'm glad to hear," She nodded. It was progress, and progress was good.

The young woman's curiosity was not so easily placated, however, and she was quick to confront Amani regarding the Council's absence. The truth was, that expectation never even entered the healer's mind, although she immediately recognized why Thalia may have been taken aback. She smiled sheepishly, "Ah, well… I spoke to the other members of the Council recently- about you."

Hearing that aloud, Amani raised a palm passively at the padawan. She mentally chastised herself for her own vagueness, but pent-up nerves were keeping her from sharing her intentions outright. It wasn't until now that she understood how disconcerting that might be to Thalia, given the position she was in, "And… you've proven that you're ready to take the next step. Being a Jedi is no easy task, the path you've been on even less so. But you've persevered. I know you want to do right. And I know you can," The uncertainty was never about Thalia. It was about Amani's biggest step yet into the role of a mentor.

"Which is why I requested that the Council allow me to take you as my padawan learner."

Thalia stumbled back, throwing her hand up against the wall to support herself.

"W-what?" Her? A Padawan again? She put a shaking hand to her head and tried to focus. How many times had she been told to Trust the Force? Had she really been ignoring it this whole time? There was a warmth pressing against her chest that she hadn't noticed before. Kyber crystals were usually inert and cool to the touch, but they could become warm and had been known to be the only thing that kept a padawan learner from freezing to death in the ice caves of Ilum.

Now that warmth told her that a change was on the wind, one that she'd been ignoring and sailing into for too long. It was time to turn her ship around.

"Are you sure?" she asked, barely able to keep the shakiness from her voice.

"Yes," Amani responded with a single, firm nod. She was clearly resolute in her own decision, but she also wasn't leaving it solely up to herself, "If you'll accept it, that is."

To Amani, Thalia represented an old, familiar wound. Her own missteps and failures as a padawan that pushed her down a darker path. But she had come out of it reborn, and made something better of herself in the years that followed. With a guiding hand, she hoped to help Thalia find a similar sense of redemption.

"A minor Ukatis noble was kidnapped by pirates on the border of Alliance space. He's being held for ransom, and his family has been given five days to respond. That was two days ago," She suddenly transitioned, meandering back towards the center of the room, "They've requested Jedi assistance. I am being sent to oversee negotiations," The tone in her voice indicated that negotiations may or may not run smoothly, "I was hoping you could join me."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom