Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Invisible Hands

-

<<094839 GST>> Incoming transmission…
<<094841 GST>> Retrieving contents…
<<094842 GST>> Encryption dectected.
<<094842 GST>> Unencrypt? [Y/N]
<<094843 GST>> Processing…
<<094845 GST>> Sucess.

Dearest Aeraii,

Long has it been. I must say, you do make an iron chain look brilliant. What did our esteemed chancellor think of it? I learned something, from a recent market study - gold is far more brittle than iron. In the hearts of the forge worlds, they melt it with down along with scrap. The impurities harden it, offer strength, resilience, and value. What would your coinage and jewelry be worth should it crumble in your hands?

Alliance senators should have taken earlier note. Even with the town afire, the smiths pour their pots, baking out the elements which offered them strength. Voices for militaristic and economic domination both have been stifled. It is cries of equality which drown out those for freedom. I think you may have seen the trends and sold short.

Jakku was but a ball of dust when I discovered my new home. Though still despairing to an untrained eye, industry flourishes atop the dunes. With our own fleet power strengthened by an agreement with the commerce guild, our shipping range has grown thrice. Yet, despite every success within our patchwork empire, we’ve seen a sharp decline in profits over the last two quarters. First regulation, and now a blockade of your new partners amongst our routes.

I need through. You need the materials to field a fleet to contest the power of the entire core, and provisions enough to sustain the foothold.

I’m sure there’s common ground to be found within the Trade Federation.

-

AvCorp™ GossipNet Uplink Active…
Checking AvMSG database…
New message detected !!
5.99 AvCoin usage fee applies - continue? [Y/N]
AvCorp™ RichBoi profile detected !!
Usage fee waived !!
Retrieving message…
Message downloaded !!

This message exchange has been brought to you by AvCorp™
AvCorp™ - Because being poor SHOULD be a crime.

Annasari.

Well, I must say, this is a most enchanting revelation! My sudden departure from the Alliance at the end of my elected term, alas, left little room for sentimental farewells. As you know, profits heed no delay.

One lesson I've gleaned, my dear, is that the allure of precious metals is transient. I've traded in the glittering gold of the Core, the resilient iron of the Bastion, and the fragile obsidian of the Stygian Caldera. Each holds its value, no doubt, but all are but movable assets, ripe for exchange at the whim of market tides.

There too will come a time when the dark matter I presently trade must yield to a more lucrative investment, but I digress.

Your diligent efforts in extracting profits from such a meagre planet have not gone unnoticed. I grieve to learn of the regulatory stranglehold threatening your livelihood. Senate interference in the sanctity of economics must be staunchly resisted.

The currents of commerce are indeed shifting in the Core. The stagnant market, left to languish under the feeble Senate and its dead hand of regulation, draws its final breaths. New markets will soon emerge, and opportunity will smile upon interests aligned with the Trade Federation.

My fellow investors will avail themselves to the needs of Jakku. But what form of recompense would you seek for new markets to open?

-

I do not think my own desires so different than your own. Freedom to allow the markets to ebb and flow, without external interference. We know no master but he of the coinage. We hear no bells but those which end the trading day. Despite its simplicity, the concept still eludes us. This union I entered my planet into is parasitic.

An added benefit of our fleet contracting is we have the lower class running our wares. They fly unmarked, civilian, and only produce guild paperwork if requested. Alliance Marshalls do not glance twice, except to ask, “How is the that beater still flying?”. And so my goods scurry across the galaxy at large, putting us in the game from Jedha to Nar Shaddaa.

All of this, to say, I am not ignorant to the idea that our board may soon find it necessary to break free of the Starbird. Violence would not be particularly difficult, if we chose guerilla warfare. Mercenary’s fly just the same as spice. Yet, a paradox still reveals itself. The trade spine would no longer be readily available. We could not sustain a profuse battle for existence…. Should the northern border stay where it is.

Without control of the Spine, the Alliance would face economic collapse, and those with existing infrastructure stand to gain. Dark matter is already gnawing at the frontier - I only want to ensure we do not end up on the dinner plate. Perhaps an acquisition is beneficial to all parties? There would be the fine print, of course. Most of our board members could be pleased with an executive position and pretty promises; I, however, would require to keep my seat, joining other members of the Trade Federation.

-

Alas, the stagnation of the Core started long before my new employer entered the market. What was once a hotbed of innovation and ecumenic growth is but a hollow shell of itself, a lumbering government punishing enterprise and unable to see the changing tides of the market. My senate may have been labelled corrupt, but I will say this - our motives were never in doubt.

A continued disruption of trade through the heart of the galaxy is likewise not in my interests. The present uncertainty is an unfortunate necessity while the market self-corrects. A new era of free marketeering with dawn as the Deep Core is liberated from oppressive regulation.

While conflict may stymie existing venue streams, new sources of revenue will rise to replace them. As the Alliance flees to the south, so too shall its customs officials and border agents. The fleets of Jakku will be free to roam, and the Trade Federation can fill their holds. For too long, Alliance overreach has deprived its citizens of the opportunity to participate fully in the free market and partake in vices those in ivory towers deem unseemly.

Your seat at the table has been long overdue, my dear. Our petty officials can settle the rigmarole - my offer will be simple. Deliver the Guild to the Board of the Trade Federation and you shall join our vaulted ranks. It may be best, however, if this arrangement remains off the public record - just until market conditions are more favourable.

-

My members will gripe and fuss, I’m sure, but they will bend. Though a new generation is rising from the sands, their elders retain power, and remember what it was to vye for power in a scrap hut rather than a boardroom. They have become… I will not say civilized, but something akin. Answering to bankers is preferable to gangs. Between blaster to head and gross profit margin analysis, I know my choice.

With present secured, I turn your eyes to the future. One in which the Dark Lord’s gambit is seen through, and Coruscant knows new masters. With the Alliance pushed out, they will recoup their strength - Fondor is only temporarily. If they are wise, they will look to Corellia. The Southern Core has the militaristic infrastructure and the trade accommodation to withstand siege for months.

Tradition still runs in the old bloodlines. Allowed to hold, patriotism will rally. Seasoned commanders will leave their summer homes on Balmorra and make right. The Kuati drive yards will relive their former glory. Allowed to rally, hope lives.

I urge you to take this warning to yours. I have seen Byss’s folly, and do not wish to repeat Sularen’s mistake. Once pushed out, the Alliance cannot return to the Core, for the outer rim is next… we have the means to help this endeavor, if you have the men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom