Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Invicta-class Star Battlecruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
xoeds5.jpg

Intent: To create a command battleship for Omega Pyre.
Development Thread: TBA
Hero Unit: Yes
Manufacturer: Fondor Shipyards
Model: Invicta-class
Affiliation: Omega Pyre
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel alloy

Classification: Capital Ship
Role: Command Ship, Battleship
Height: 544m
Width: 921m
Length: 1908m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Dual heavy solar ionization reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 4.0, Backup Class 16.0
Minimum Crew: 8412 crew
Optimal Crew: 12,440 crew + 500 gunners
Armaments:
  • Octuple barbette turret x10
  • Quad heavy turbolaser turret x20
  • Dual heavy turbolaser turret x40
  • Turbolaser turret x30
  • Dual ion cannon x20
  • Assault concussion missile tube x20
  • Tractor beam projector x20
  • Point-defence laser cannons x80
Hangar:
  • Primary hangar: Inimica-class heavy bomber x12; other starfighters x48
  • Secondary hangar: transports/shuttles x12
Non-Combative Attachments: Sensor/communications array, full-spectrum targeting system, heavy shielding
Passenger Capacity: 1600 troops
Cargo Capacity: 25,000 metric tons
Consumables: 1 year
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 8

The Invicta-class was designed by Fondor under the guidance of Allaina Mare to serve as a military command ship, leading the charge in Omega Pyre's war efforts. While the Jaeger-class Star Destroyer was designed to be the single response ship to which all crises could be handled, the Invicta is a ship-smasher. Designed to take on any type of standard Star Destroyer and win, even two at once, the hull uses an entirely new, sleek design, reducing target profile while maintaining much of the efficient firing arc design that the Star Destroyer series claimed fame for. This allows it to serve at the forefront of any battle line while living up to the Omega Pyre design principle of high quality over any quantity.

In terms of armament, the designers studied the efficient design of the Nebula-class Star Destroyer, uprated it with more modern electronics and technology then doubled it, given the sheer size of the vessel. It also has very durable shielding, able to withstand the vast majority of barrages to hold its own in a slugging match with other vessels. However, to compensate for the fact that while it doubled the length of a similar design, its power mandates not one but two reactors, drastically cutting down on predicted hangar, passenger and cargo space instead of being purely doubled. Instead, the Invicta was given over to being more of a battleship design that carries just under a wing of fighters in an emergency with no true ground support capability beyond dropships and shuttles, as well as orbital bombardment. It does however play home to Tempest Squadron, the elite Inimica-class heavy gunship squadron, which adds yet more credence to the destructive power projection of the Invicta.

Overall, this design sums up the basic principle of warfare to which many in Omega Pyre ascribe: destroy everything before it destroys you.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
I can't comment for 100% certainty but I've been told by another judge when discussing designs that our current top end of production is supposed to be "Star Destroyer sized". Imperial Star Destroyers are 1,600 meters in length, which is what most people think when they say Star Destroyer, so that would make this ship too big. A Star Destroyer is defined in the guide to warfare as 1,000-2,000 meters in length and I'm honestly not sure what the top end is for ship sizes right now. So by all means keep working on this, but know that it may be too large. I'll post in the Staff Area and see about getting someone else to confirm or deny what I've just said.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Sirella Valkner"] - let me know what you guys say before I go on; I talked to Ayden about it and he was fine with it but that's just one RPJ and not a full staff consensus (also, not official). Would it be easier if I cut it down to 1900-ish metres? Still within the length requirements of a 'Star Destroyer' (which, I admit, it's not meant to be), still large enough to be imposing.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
You know if you don't have a problem with that, that's probably the best way. Right now only me and Ayden have talked about it no one else has chimed in. I don't particularly have a problem with it in this case, but yeah if you don't mind editing it smaller that would just make this process quicker.

Alternately if other mods don't' respond in a few days I'm okay just approving of a 2000ish meter ship.

Sirella Valkner

Because I'm a plant.
The weapons seem a little heavy because you are dual and quading everything. At the same time though a battery can be anything from 2 to 12 guns according to some star wars sources. So given that relative level of vagueness, and the fact that it doesn't carry more fighters and any ground support I'll call it good and approve it. Sorry this took so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom