Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Investigations Abroad

Elijah Brockway

[Insert Clever Joke Here]
To say that Lucan's week was turning out to be an odd one would be an understatement. When he'd received orders from Admiral Cardan to go on leave, he had been very confused, as he'd last been on leave far too soon for him to be eligible to go again. As well, it wasn't normal to be ordered to go on leave, at least not in the Empire. When he returned to his apartment on Coruscant and found a different transmission, it began to make quite a bit more sense.

We understand that you have questions, Captain.

It was necessary to convince Admiral Cardan to release you from his service for a time. While news of Kay Arenais's rescue from imprisonment, and subsequent taking of the position of Empress of Zakuul has spread quite quickly, there is more information that we need. However, in order to preserve some semblance of diplomatic relations, we couldn't send a normal operative, and yet an official diplomat would be too high-profile a target. Given your lower position within the military, but your reputation for discretion, combined with the stelllar record of your service and knowledge of how to act as a constant representative of the Core Imperial Confederation, you were an obvious choice.

Ensure the new Empress that we have no current hostile intention towards her or the Eternal Empire, determine the identity of some of her benefactors, and just how involved they currently are. We trust that you will not fail us.

Welcome to Imperial Intelligence's Naval branch, Captain Sirrad.
So now he found himself on a transport headed for Zakuul. He'd already sent ahead a message, requesting an audience with the Empress and using standard diplomatic channels—as well as the standard diplomatic jargon, after brushing himself up on it. Now he merely awaited some form of official reply while he travelled there; if he didn't receive one, he would merely have to request audience in person, or call back into the CIC and have them arrange it more formally.

He only hoped that he could complete his new assignment to the standards that he'd shown as a ship commander. He had high levels of trepidation; his training had been in leading ships, commanding battles in space. Politics and intrique were far from his specialty. Combine that with dealing with Intelligence, with the Imperial Security Bureau...

But as the transport came out of hyperspace, and Lucan could see Zakuul floating in the empty space outside his cabin's viewport, he pushed such thoughts from his mind.

He could afford no distractions.

[member="Kay Arenais"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Word had indeed been sent ahead. And a message was sent back, giving the proper clearance codes. Diplomats were always treated differently. And with the current tensions surrounding Zakuul, they weren't about to say no to a meeting with the very government that [member="Lannis Morcus"] worked for.

Once the transport carrying [member="Lucan Sirrad"] to the appropriate landing platform, he was greeted by one of the Scions named Jareth. A half dozen Eternal Knights flanked him. Yet the man seemed to pay them no mind. He was awaiting the representative of the Core Imperial Confederation.

Once Lucan was spotted, Jareth greeted him with a calculating smile. It was the same type that most politicians gave; a fake politeness that one could easily guess was a mask hiding their true intentions.

"Welcome to Zakuul City. I trust your trip had been well? Understandibly the Empress could not be here to greet you. I am the Head Scion, Jareth. If you follow me I will take you to the throne room where she will meet with you." He gestured politely for Lucan to follow, half turning on his heel. "I am curious of course to the nature of this visit. Perhaps you can indulge me on our way there."

Elijah Brockway

When his ship landed, shortly after receiving his reply, Lucan quickly disembarked, moving to the side and letting the others on the ship pass by; he'd been told to wait, and wait he did, with the two stormtrooper guards that had been sent with him to fully drive home the image of a diplomat. After all, the CIC would never be so foolish as to send its representatives unprotected, be it to friendly or unfriendly governments. It was not long, however, before he was approached by a representative of Zakuul's government.

He inclined his head politely to Jareth, though his expression remained as neutral as always. "I am Captain Lucan Sirrad, Scion," he introduced himself in return, unsure of what honorific would best befit the man's title. "The trip was uneventful, which I am thankful for. Exciting flights are rarely good ones."

He quickly fell in beside Jareth, his guards behind the pair, while all were flanked by the honour guard of Knights. "The nature of this visit is exactly as can be expected, of course," he said after a they began to walk. "The proper establishment of diplomatic relations. Given the nature of the galaxy right now, it's important to foster good communication, as I'm sure you will agree." He glanced around as they walked; the planet appeared very clean, very orderly.

One could even say very imperial.

"After all, the level of order—one might even say peace—that we are experiencing on a galaxy-wide level is fairly unprecedented, and it can only be maintained through good communication, detailed negotiations, treaties, trade agreements, the whole of it." He turned his head then, finally offering Jareth a smile. Not quite so calculating, but just as with Jareth's own, it didn't quite reach Lucan's eyes.

"I'm sure you can agree with the sentiment, Scion."

[member="Kay Arenais"]

Kay-Larr

A hint of surprise briefly flashed across Jareth's face when he heard of [member="Lucan Sirrad"] 's rank. They sent a Captain, did they? How very interesting. His sentiments were correct as well, uneventful flights were the ones most desired. For most of the population anyways.

Jareth led the Captain and his Troopers to a shuttle that awaited them. He stepped in first, the Knights waiting until all were on board before they themselves would join them.

He offered the same polite smile as he took in the Captain's words about communication, treaties and the like as the shuttle took off towards the Spire. "Indeed I do agree, Captain. Communication and agreements that benefit both parties pave the way to peace and prosperity. Sadly there are some that don't see it that way. But then their tenure in power doesn't last very long."

It didn't take much time before they reached their destination. The shuttle stopped and the Eternal Knights stepped out of the shuttle before Jareth gestured for Lucan to do the same. "After you, Captain. Shall I have any refreshments prepared for you during your meeting?"

The Spire reached far into the sky. The low cloud cover made the top seem to pierce right through it. Although most of the oddly-shaped geometric buildings reached the clouds, the Spire was the tallest. The Throne Room resided at the very top, so there was ample time to prepare a few drinks and treats during the ride up to the top.

Elijah Brockway

"I wouldn't dare to presume upon your or the empress's hopsitality," he replied mildly. "I shall leave such things up to her own wishes. Thank you for the offer, however." He started forwards, his two guards flanking him, while Jareth and the knights followed. It wasn't merely out of politeness that he refused the refreshments for himself; while he doubted the empress would poison him, based on what he knew of her and her career, he didn't know that he would put it past this High Scion.

If it came to dealing with such threats and worries on a daily basis, Lucan most definitely wasn't cut out for politics.

Entering the Spire, the group quickly made their way to the turbolift that would raise them up to the throne room. As the group all filed in, Lucan stood still as a statue while it was activated and began to ascend to the summit. "Tell me, Scion, is there anything I should know regarding how I comport myself before the Empress? I would be loath for your people to see me as disrespectful."

[member="Kay Arenais"]

Kay-Larr

"As you wish."

Jareth stepped into the lift after [member="Lucan Sirrad"] and placed his hand on the touchpad before entering a code. Within moments the door to the lift closed and they were on their way to the top. Giving the Captain a sideways glance, Jareth clasped his hands in front of him. "One needs only to maintain an aura of respect, Captain. The Empress is not quick to temper, so you needn't worry yourself about that. But her Eternal Knights would be quick to act should there be any hostilities presented, as can be expected." They did have some recent terrorist attacks, of course.

Not long afterwards, the lift came to a stop. The doors soon opened and Jareth walked out into the Throne Room first. He proceeded along the path between the rows of Eternal Knights and stopped before the steps of the throne where Kaysat. "Captain Sirrad of the Core Imperial Confederacy, Your Majesty." After a curt bow, he stepped to the side to allow the Captain to step forward.

"Thank you, Jareth. That will be all."

The Scion lingered for a moment, almost as though he was going to rebutt her dismissal of him, but then chose not to. Instead he merely gave her a nod and then proceeded to leave the Throne Room.

Kay turned her attention to her guest. "Captain, welcome. To what do we owe the honour of this visit? I do hope that Lannis is well. I haven't heard from him in a while." Not since her arrival and coronation had she heard or seen [member="Lannis Morcus"] . Yet she understood that he was a busy man.

Elijah Brockway

Lucan watched carefully when Jareth was dismissed; men of his standing were often want to learn more, see more, and have their voice heard in more things than they perhaps should. Thankfully for everybody in the room, the Head Scion bowed his head and left, leaving Lucan to approach the throne. "The purpose is the same as any other, your highness," he said in response to her first question. "The establishment of diplomatic relations, determining just where our respective governments stand in regards to each other."

Then the question of Lannis Morcus came up. Lucan paused for a moment; by this point, many of those in the higher ranks of the empire had seen footage of the man's rescue operation for Kay Arenais, from the Purgatory prison. How much deeper his involvement might have run with her coronation, however, was unknown, and he might likely be considered one of the benefactors that Lucan was to investigate. "He continues to serve the needs of the confederation," came his reply. "I am not privy to the details of what all he does, though he certainly seems to be well-occupied."

Though, seemingly, not so occupied as to prevent him from engaging in outside matters. "If I may ask, how much involvement has the Baron had in your instatement as empress? As far as I am given to understand, his duties have kept him so strapped for time that he has been unable to give an official statement."

[member="Kay Arenais"]

Kay-Larr

Of course it was safe to say that Kay wanted to have good relations with all governments on the western side of the Galaxy. Maybe in time that would include the First Order. If they ever stopped punishing her and Zakuul for their sovereignty, that is.

She crossed her feet at the ankles while she listened to [member="Lucan Sirrad"] speak. At least the news in regards to Lannis was good news. The man was busy with work. The last thing that she had ever wanted to hear was that he had been killed or captured by some enemy of his.

At Lucan's inquiry into Kay's ascension to the throne, she was quick to respond. "The Baron and I are good friends. He was there for me on many occasions on Commenor; so much so that I had given him a title and country to govern.
Suffice it to say, he played a vital part in my rescue from Purgatory, and it was he that had informed me of the Scions' visions of Zakuul's future. I had created stability around Commenor for many years. There are some that wanted me to do the same here. And rather than live in exile somewhere, I chose to do what was asked of me. And if his support could lead to a possible alliance with the Confederacy, then that'll be all the better."

Lannis believed more in Kay than she did herself, at times. And if it weren't for him, she probably would be living in exile as an escaped convict. At least she wasn't being hunted down by some intergalactic police force. There were far more worse people out there than she could ever be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom