Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Into the Jungle

He nodded and didn't dare to ask another question to his companion that had any relation to the crash of Kaili. No need to open the most deepest and painful wounds right now. Was there anything traumatic if the Talith asked him so? The countless people he had killed and the indebted stain of blood that was coated his hands were not traumas at all. But there was a sole, specific trauma that was drowned deep down within him and was a factor of molding him into the man that he was today. Back in his early days, he was frequently mistreated and abused by his late father and when he hung around with his older brother it only got worse. Those times were also reasons why he was seen as a serious, hardened man that scoffed at the idea of being in love. Yes, he did cared and loved for his adopted son, yet that was its own individual category.

"Hah," the Bounty Hunter laughed as the woman asked if his romantic interest was a male, "I don't think so. I'm into girls, but I don't have a gal to call my own." He took a deep breath before continuing, "Truth is, I've never been into dating or finding someone to be with. I think I'm not that type of person, honestly. I mean, do I like a snuggling guy," and gestured to his scruffy face and the rest of himself. At least that's what Vilaz thought and told himself. He was a rock, a rock that was tough, unbent, unbroken, and barely showing any affections such as love to most people.

Maybe Kaili would say otherwise, or not.

[member="Kaili Talith"]

Did Vilaz Munin, shoulder shooter and lifesaver extra-ordinaire, look like the snuggling type of guy? Kaili grinned, perked her brows and shoulders and let out a two-second chuckle.

“I don’t know, you tell me,” She began and let out another snicker. “I hear the trenches can get awfully lonely at times.”

Which in a sense wasn’t exactly the kind of warriors Kaili thought of when she thought of Mandalorians. Foolhardy, charge heads-first-into-battle, now that was most likely more in line with what she thought of them. It wasn’t the exact image she was getting drawn up in front of her by her guide, but pretty close. They were loyal to their clans if not otherwise to the credits or their honor. Though the latter two parts were still drawn from preconceptions.

“Anyway,” The girl began again as the mood resettled. “So you’ve told be about the resol’narr and what it means to be Mandalorian. Is there anything else you can share? Like, who is Mandalore now, or the names of any particular clan you feel like I should know of?”

“Other than Clan Rekali, girlfriend and all.”

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

A chuckle came out from him as he heard Kira's comment about being alone in the trenches. At times they were lonely, but he had company of his in those times. Most of them were of his gender as he associated with Draco, Arrbi, Ijaat, and many more. "Well, it does get a bit lonely in those parts, but I ain't the type of guy that closes himself from others. Not anymore at least," he said to Kaili. From the vines he could see what looked like a wall of the only structure of Dxun, or at least that's what the Mandalorian knew from his knowledge of the Demon Moon. He reached for his pistol and began reloading the empty chambers of the slugthrower as he forgot to reload it from the encounter with the bomas. There could be trouble with the area of the abandoned fortress, since many would go to it for safe haven from the dangers of the jungle.

The two could afford a little more talk, but once they were close to the fortress then they'd have to be vigilant and alert of their surroundings.

"Well, we don't have a Mandalore at the moment. We have a council that's made up of the head clans and they take care of foreign matters. Only the strongest will rule the Mandalorians, but no one has stepped up for title whether they don't feel worthy of it or don't have what it takes. A couple of big clans you should know of is Vereen, Betna, Skirata, Ordo, Fett, Vizsla, Dem'adas, Mereel, Verd, and Munin," the Mandalorian said as he counted on his fingers. "Some you don't have to remember such as Vizsla, but those other nine clans that I mention are pretty big clans in the Mandalorian society. They put a lot of contribution to the community."

He would then ask the Talith an important question, "Can you shoot a pistol?"

[member="Kaili Talith"]

The man reloaded his pistol and from over his shoulder Kaili observed how it was done. Just in case. A curious glance remained steadily peering down into the chambering as Vilaz loaded one round after another. She wasn’t a stranger to them, but as far as shooting them went she had only ever held on to a concealable hold-out pistol. Lightweight but with a surprisingly potent kick. In stopping power at least, recoil not so much.

The man mentioned a few of the Mandalorian clans, some more memorable than others.

“Fett, like the bounty hunter.” She quietly remarked to herself. “They made us read up on the Clone Wars in school. Science projects and stuff, yet you’d think I’d remember that name.”

“Well, I guess not.” The kid said before her head tilted to back and forth in response to the man’s question. “I’ve had some practice, but as far as slugthrowers go we’re chit outta luck.”

“I am an expert in martial arts, if anything. It’s what I learned from my friend Mara.” Kaili checked her wound. Still burned, still had specks of dirt surrounding it. Not good. She needed to think on something else. “At least I’m lucky to not have picked up her fondness for the word ‘feth,’ but that’s a Merrill to ya.”

“How long until we get there?”

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

"That name is hard to erase from history. I'd be surprised if some foreigner especially if they were a bounty hunter didn't know that name. There are some other known clan names during those times, but the one of Fett overshadowed them all. Even to this day everyone knows the Fett clan," he said as he reloaded one last slug into the chamber of his revolver before closing it. When Kaili gave an honest reply to his question Vilaz wasn't disappointed in hearing that. "Well, don't worry about not knowing how to shoot a slugthrower cause I'm gonna teach ya," and stopped in his tracks and turned around to his companion with his hand offering the beskar plated revolver to her. "This thing packs a punch, so use both hands when firing it. Reason why I want you to have it is cause you need some firepower when we get in the fortress."

He was impressed when she declared herself as an expert in martial arts. "Well I'll be damned. You do know some kicks, huh? I thought you only knew how to swing that glowstick." He could the wound that he accidentally caused on the girl and could tell that it needed to be treated immediately. He hoped he could find some in the fortress or steal it from some guy if they encountered with one.

"About five to ten minuets before we get there. You want some training with the revolver or are you ready to move on?"

[member="Kaili Talith"]

Fingers curled around the grip of the revolver. As far as shooting one of these went she had no experience, but she imagined it couldn’t be much too different from a blaster. Now those she had fired with the Levantine Astronautical Academy, a course she had mainly picked up on a whim because the idea of being able to at least handle a blaster in a fight felt pretty damn important to her. Though for all it was worth, it was still mainly a one-hundred-and-twenty minutes of proper safety spanned out over the course of two days per week every other day. Not many liked that, Kaili did. Perhaps a little too much once you considered the irony of having so many skip the class. Twice over when you noticed those who did not respect or attend classes on proper care were also the ones that scored the worst in the firing competitions.

Or well, most of the time.

Kaili herself wasn’t too bad, but most certainly not the top of her class. She still had memory gaps here and there as was evident as her right index finger began to slowly brush against the trigger before she gave herself a mental slap across the cheek in order for her to move it away from there. Instead she let it gently touch the trigger guard. She raised the gun in front of her to get a better sense of the weight, her arms eased up in order to not let them lock and her legs shifted back into something a bit more stable.

“Got the basics. I think we should be good to go.” She shrugged before lowering the gun again. She quickly raised it again, checking the safety. Good to go. She put it down again. “And yes, I quite literally know some kicks, punches too. My lightsaber is more of a secondary, a fallback of sorts.”

“I like to keep myself as inconspicuous as I can in battle, that’s not what a lightsaber does.” Kaili shrugged. “I mean, if you are in battle who are you more likely to take a shot at first, the guaranteed kill or the potentially greater threat that has a lightsaber?”

It was a genuine question that Kaili hoped had a genuine answer. She hadn’t been in battle ever, unless you counted dousing a Sith Lord in water at McYoda’s. Though something told her that wasn’t exactly one of those things that happened very often.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

He observed her how she handled the gun and made sure to correct any of Kaili's mistakes, so that they wouldn't repeat themselves and haunt the girl. But from what the Mandalorian saw from her performance there were no mistakes whether they were minor or major degrees. She was using it like an actual pistol. Maybe she had experience with a blaster pistol. There were similarities between slugthrowers and blasters, and there were many differences as well; however, firing one wasn't a huge difference at all. Just had to pull the trigger, and cock the weapon since it was a revolver after all.

Vilaz's left hand would be getting the slugs for the pistol that were stored in a compartment of his utility belt and would offer a handful of ammunition for the Talith if she ever ran out of bullets. "Alrighty, then. Let's get a move on, girl," and would lead the way to the once Mandalorian fortress. "That's good to know, Kaili. Getting up close to your enemy is a lot more dangerous than shooting them from a distance. Hell, close quarters is most of the reason why we Mandos are dangerous. We combine the different fighting skills we learn from our brothers and sisters and give a make something new that's scares most people. Another thing you should know in the Mando community is that not only every Mando is your brother and sister, but also your teacher too. We all have something to teach each other whether it's fighting, medicine, or engineering."

"Well, my answer to that question as a veteran of war would have to be the guaranteed kill. Take down any less threats and conserve are your energy for the big ones. The little ones will just come bite you in the ass which will distract you and seriously harmed from the lightsaber guy. Besides, it takes more than one hit of a saber to penetrate my armor." Has Vilaz ever caused mistakes in battle? Several because life may not be perfect, but war was far worse than that. But from those mistakes he used that knowledge and applied it to the battlefield, so he would be greater threat and more chances to survive.

"Ever been a bystander of a battlefield, Kail?"

[member="Kaili Talith"]

No comments, nothing to be worried about. At least not as far as the ‘girl’ was concerned. Her brows furrowed at the remark, of course. She wasn’t a girl, she was just barely entering the last few years of the late teens, Kaili was closer to an adult than a little kid. Yet she didn’t stress the point. What good did arguing with her guide do her at this stage when there was a hefty risk for a firefight within the next few minutes? Not much, she wasn’t that stupid. Her hand let go of her wounded shoulder in an effort to downplay what she felt. It burned, but it was manageable. Sorta.

“I doused a Sith Lord at a McYoda’s when I was a child, but other than that…” She shook her head. “No.”

“So, you’re saying go for the small ones in order to isolate the big one?” The girl nodded. “I can see the point in that.”

Up ahead the fortress started to come into view; old, rigid, revered. The duo entered the clearing atop of a ledge. A good vantage point staring down at the fortress below. People seemed to enter the halls and leave, men and women in armor. They looked rugged, a black-and-red color scheme coated their arms and armor and they spoke in Mando’a. All was lost on the young girl, but from the look and general vibe of it all she could do the guesswork as to whether they’d be happy with strangers or not.

Answer: No. They would not.

The girl looked to Vilaz.

“What are they saying?” She whispered. “They don’t look friendly.”

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

His ears perked up when the Talith said that she once doused a Sith Lord at a famous fast food restaurant called McYoda's. Now that was something to hear. He had battles with that ilk, but never as a child unlike Kaili who somehow managed to do that. He battered Sith Knights and Lord with his armor, weapons, wits, and fists. "We'll I'll be damned. I think with that said you'd pass the verd'goten test," he said and introduced another thing to know about from the Mandalorian culture, "And I know you'll ask me what's that. The verd'goten test is a guidance for the youngsters to learn about their culture and learn some new skills. That guidance ends when they're about thirteen years old, and then they become a full adult in our eyes." Another thing that normal society and the one he belonged in didn't see eye-to-eye with. He had heard about that one was considered a true adult at eighteen, but he sure as heck demanded a drink from some foreign bar when he was well under that age. Of course, it'd take a blaster to get the drink since bartender would hesitate on heeding the customer's order, but at the end he would get his drink during his youth.

"It's also a better tactic than going for he big one. Take it from someone who's experienced that," he reinforced his answer to Kaili's question.

The two finally arrived at the once Mandalorian fortress from the place that the Field Marshal accidentally shot Kaili in the shoulder and entered the complex by a ledge which gave them a strategic position over those that might be of danger to them. To his surprise he saw men and women in armor that resembled much like to Mandalorian armor and spoke in Mando'a. The best part was that they weren't Deathwatch by the looks of it, but they could also be using their appearance as a disguise to make anyone comfortable and steal their possessions as soon as they were disposed of. Another thing that he caught in his observation was the color scheme that they had on their armor. Black meant justice and red meant honoring a father. The Redneck could go on a limb and greet the group of Mandalorians, but he wasn't going to put his life and Kaili's on the line. Not when there was another Mandalorian civil war in these times.

"No Mando looks friendly with their armor, Kaili," the Bounty Hunter said to her, "and what they're saying is no biggie. Just giving out orders and having some talk." He looked at her and then noticed her wound. They need some bacta, and fast. "Okay, we're gonna sneak in very quietly and if we get caught by some reason we're gonna say that you're my long lost daughter, alright? And please tell me that droid has a HUD or a map function. It'd make life a lot easier."

[member="Kaili Talith"]

She raised a finger but promptly curled it in discouragement. No Mandalorian looked friendly in their armor.

“Fair point.” She said as her hand curled back into a little ball. “So, long lost daughter. Names, I need a name.” She waved her hand rapidly by her chest as she tried to come up with something, circled them around as if spinning a thinking loom. “Coral.” She shrugged. “Nice ring to it.”

She followed behind Vilaz as the duo snuck their way over to the fort. It may not have seemed like she put much thought into the man’s lecture on Mandalorian culture, but that was far from the truth. She considered it, weighed her opinion on it and simply kept quiet. Partly out of fear for what he would do if he thought she disagreed with him on something, and partly because she didn’t exactly hear anything she actually did disagree with. As far as cultures went the light that was setting on the Mandalorians was much different from the one she had expected to see. At least when it came to their way of life. Obviously she had her qualms with the fact that it was a warrior culture, but even still that was something she could overlook in the greater picture of it all.

The two had gotten off the ledge and entered the clearing with the fortress. Before them the men and women talked and laughed. It seemed they were having a time while also fully unaware of the two intruders sneaking around the back. When it came to sneaking Kaili was part-Lorrdian. Might not have meant a whole lot to anyone, just another breed of human, but that wasn’t entirely true. From her mother she had both inherited and learned how to sneak while making little to no sound. It had helped her and her brother steal the cookie jar just as many times as it had helped her mother in her line of duty as a Jedi Shadow.

In short, Kaili knew how to sneak and her senses were far from horrible. Excellent sense of smell, taste, sight and hearing just made sneaking all that more smoother.

… And terrifying. It was like sneaking for the cookie jar in the middle of the night despite knowing mother and father were still awake. Every sound amplified by a thousand, every step heavy like an anvil. Only this time the supposed ‘mother’ was a bunch of strangers, and the potential punishment was a bullet to the head.

She peeked over her shoulder to make sure Vilaz and her wasn’t being followed.

Not a word parted her lips. She did not dare it.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

The Field Marshal saw the woman holding up a finger and ready to counter what he said, but it rolled back like its other fingers. He softly chuckled when he saw her intent to argue back which he wouldn't mind at all. He wasn't much of a talker, but he wasn't going to lash out at someone who disagrees with his point of view. He was only ver aggressive when some foreign force attacked to the Mandalorians or someone tried to mess with him, his adopted son, and his close friends. "Alrighty, Coral. Let's go and act like a normal Mando family," Vilaz said to her in a sarcastic tone and led the duo as they snuck their way to the fort.

The two got off the ledge and the first thing that he noticed were men and women of his culture talking and enjoying themselves. Did he really had to fight his own again? In the Civil War that was going around the Mandalorian society he had to put down Death Watch personnel and he, once upon a time, joined the ranks of the Death Watch and killed those to the splinter group he currently belonged to. Still, he had to defend himself and Kaili in case the other Mandalorians decide to go on the offensive. He would try other tactics that weren't lethal, but if he was forced to give it his all, then he would.

The Redneck and the Force User did their extreme best to not produce any sounds at all. As a hunter the predator messed to remain silent as possible when it came killing its prey. In this scenario he was doing the same except he wasn't a predator that was staking on its prey. They were coming up a corner and was ready to attack whoever came about. When he stopped and peeked around the corner there was...no one there; however, there was something that would bring relief to him. A door on the side of the opposite side from where he was looking at. "There's a door right there," he said in a whisper to his companion, ,"I'll take a shot at it."With that he made a quick, silent walk to the other side and hoped that it was unlocked for the two intruders.

[member="Kaili Talith"]

Spoken as if Coral was not supposed to know what a normal Mando family was like. Obviously she didn’t, but that was where the ‘long lost’ aspect of it all came into play. Perhaps the cover they’d choose was the rite of passage. She was a grown woman, by Mandalorian standards she was most likely supposed to have at least one confirmed kill by now or maybe even a whole three of them. The act of never having killed someone and being new to the culture was something that would fall on easy to her. After all, that was pretty much the truth.

The duo came to corner. Kaili kept her eyes on the surroundings trying to find the other troopers, but there were none to be seen or heard. It caused her no small amount of unease to see Vilaz slip around the corner before she too slid up against it. Her eyes peered over her shoulder, still no Mandos in sight.

“Here goes.” Kaili whispered to herself before crouching on over to her guide and companion. “What’ve you got? Anything I can help with?”

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

The Redneck tried opening the door and...discovered that it was locked. A deep sigh came out of his nostrils to demonstrate that his hopes and prayers were merely crushed by this locked door. "It's locked," the Mandalorian said to his "daughter" as she asked him the status of the door. The only option he could think of was ambushing one of the guards and render them to a state of unconsciousness. But that risky option was for this particular door as the duo could go around the perimeter of the once Mandalorian fortress and find an opening to get inside of the structure. They needed to get that banged up arm of Kaili's treated as soon as possible and that meant that they couldn't waste more time in finding another opening.

Then Vilaz had an idea.

"Hey, let's see that special gift of your mother's be put into work." It was a fortunate thing that Kaili had both the Force and that lightsaber on her side because now either of those two things were needed. They could cut a hole within the locked door or Kaili could use the Force to open it. Obviously they wanted the latter because cutting a hole was just going to alarm the whole place and have dozens of armored Warriors after their tail.

"Try to figure out something. I'll be on the lookout."

[member="Kaili Talith"]

Oh, the door was just locked? Was that all? Kaili perked her brow at the man and then the door as a chit-eating grin grew on her lips. Mother’s gift put to work, was it? The girl put her back against the cold stone walls of the fort. Her fingers curled into the palm of her hands and she began scraping of some of the dirt from her nails as a very content smile set over her. Mind reached out at the lock. She blew the loose dirt from her fingernails and spread her hand wide open to mimic an explosion. The lock mechanism whined on the inside, the door slowly opened and Kaili held her arm out to usher the man inside.

“It was my father, actually.” She said while perking her brows for a second and then stepping inside. “I fancy the title technomancer, he thinks that’s pretty lame. I disagree on principle.”

As kids sometimes did.

“I’m getting some major ‘tech vibes’ from our…” She closed her eyes, tried to visualize where the source was coming from. Her hand poked at a nearby wall. “That way.”

“You lead us, I follow.”

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

There was a smile on his face when he saw what the Talith just did. The dirt in her fingers erupted, and simultaneously was the door that was now unlocked for the two beings. "Seems like you enjoyed doing that," the Warrior said while trying not to make that sentence sound weird and awkward. Why did he say that? Well, she did caught her lips forming into a smile when she connected with the Force and used it to unlock the door before them. From all the Force Users that he met and witness them using the power of the Force, Kaili was the first person to ever smile when utilizing that supernatural tool.

As the man followed Kaili into the interior of the fortress he discovered something else from the woman. "So your dad is a Jedi, too," the Field Marshal asked his companion before making another comment. "As a dad, your pops is correct about the technamcer stuff," which was said in a jokingly tone. No doubt Kaili would say something back in defense since she was a kid.

"Alright, warn me if you sense someone coming on us. Cause we're going in blind," the Field Marshal said before leading the way and being navigated by his Force User companion.

[member="Kaili Talith"]

She gave the man a smile and a shrug as they stepped inside. There was no doubt that Kaili loved what she did. After all, she wouldn’t have opened her store if she didn’t. Her eyes narrowed at the mandalorian as he made the comment about agreeing with her dad. They were both wrong. Wrong and old and out of touch with their youth, and for that she couldn’t blame them that they didn’t keep up. Not that it wouldn’t earn them a glower and a scrunched nose.

“I don’t know, maybe technomancy is a cool name and only those who agree with that gets to enjoy the benefits of such things.” She said and wiped the glower, turned it into a grin. “They’d enjoy benefits such as, oh let’s say… Three people somewhere in our vicinity radiating some really bad vibes.”

The kid took the lead and snuck towards the closest door. All things considered she was still trying to stave off the pain that kept on growing in her shoulder. Her eyes darted to check it. The stench that started to come out of it was not a good sign. She needed that kit and she needed it ASAP. The door before them led into a long and narrow corridor. They were at the end of it, to the left of them there were six more doors as well as the one right in front of them. From the opposite end of said corridor you could hear the sound of men and women laughing, drinking, eating. Not realising how long it had been since last she ate Kaili grabbed her stomach as it began to growl.

“Food and medicine.” She muttered over at Vilaz. “I need both.”

“We have seven doors we can go through, do you know which one of them says ‘pharmacy’ or similar?”

[member="Vilaz Munin"]​

"Oh, I thought that a benefit would be a free discount of a droid," Vilaz said to his companion. Indeed, he lost touch with his youth and fun side, even though that most aspects of his childhood was ugly and one he wanted to escape from. However, he knew that there would be a time when Kaili would lose all muse for making fun and cool nicknames when she aged. It was natural and he also witnessed it happen to the younger generations of Mandalorians when they entered their late teens and early twenties. Such was the boring life of all adults, Mandalorians or non-Mandalorians.

The Warrior checked their six as the Talith moved and took over the role as the forward of the duo. Thankfully, they haven't gotten shot -well, the same couldn't be said for Kaili as she got struck by a bolt earlier in the jungle by the aiming of the Redneck. Either than that incident, no other intelligent parties fired slugs and plasma at their figures.

Praise be to the Manda.

The two came across a long, narrow corridor and could hear the laughter and the chatter made by men and women on the other side of the corridor. He could also hear them drinking and eating which told him that was the mess hall. On their end of the corridor they found themselves with seven doors, including the one they just went through, all with Mando'a dialect which told those fluent in the language what room was what. The Field Marshal nodded at the desperate needs of the girl before anything more tragic happened to her.

Fortunately for them, there was a door that had what they needed the most.

"Yeah, that door right on the far right leads to the pharmacy," he said to her and began walking towards the door. "Let's get a move on before you get a cybernetic arm," he said teasingly. Not that Kaili wouldn't mind replacing her organic arm with something more Witt wires and metal.

[member="Kaili Talith"]

“That’d be something.” Not that discounts were hard to come by, Kaili was far from uptight when it came to money. In the end the real cost of getting a droid from her was paid in confidence and trust. She didn’t work war machines, but she could make a droid for them provided that she trusted the owner not to tamper with it. As stated, she worked in the background for the background. The day you saw a Kaili Talith droid equipped with guns on a battlefield was the day when she would start resenting herself.

The man spotted the pharmacy and Kaili sighed with relief. Her feet shuffled ever so quiet over to the door before she placed her fingers on the cold metal surface. She let her fingers drag themselves across as she focused on the door mechanism. Eventually it opened. A hiss reverberated through the hallways.

“I wouldn’t mind a cybernetic.” The girl grinned and stepped inside the very dark pharmacy. Her hand waved through the air as the doors closed behind them, the lights flicked on. “Finally.” She sighed in relief and skipped over to the nearby first aid kit and took her shirt off. Yes, right in front of the stranger. “Let’s see what we have here.” She said and placed the shirt by the kit and popped it open.

“Hydrogen Peroxide.” She said and placed the rubbing alcohol by the side of the kit.

“Gauzes and bandages.” She let the fabrics remain in the kit for the sake of hygiene.

“And Bacta.” The canister was placed by the alco-rub.

“Keep an eye out, will you?” Kaili said and looked over at [member="Vilaz Munin"]. “This might get… Loud.”

"Here," Vilaz said and began pulling a slug from his belt, "bite down on it. It works better than screaming." He was glad that Kaili warned him that her treating the wound would be obviously painful and loud which could garner the attention of those unwanted in their situation. What situation? Well, they were in a historical Mandalorian fortress that was still a habitat for Mandalorians. He thought that this place was abandoned and was just overunned by the native creatures and beasts of Dxun. The Warrior would honestly prefer a swarm of animals than his own brethren because he could escape and beat a mindless beast with intelligence, and Mandalorians would hunt down anyone and make them pay for what they did.

The only thing the duo did was infiltrate this fortress to get some medical supplies. While Vilaz would forgive someone just because they did something like that, the problem was what kind of Mandalorians were they? Were they Crusader, Deathwatch Mando? Were they True Mandalorian, Supercommando Mando? Or were they the abominable New Mandalorians, pacifistic Mando? He hoped for these Mandos to be somewhere on the line between True Mandalorians and Deathwatch Mandalorians.

As he was on the lookout the Field Marshal could hear chatter between two men that was heading this way. "You almost done back there?"

[member="Kaili Talith"]

Biting a slug was not good for your teeth. Out of all the thoughts that could have passed through the girl’s mind that was the one thought that got her worked up the most. She was not going to stick metal to her teeth for the sake of keeping quiet. Biting metal hurt. It was hard and she needed something soft. She needed something that her teeth could truly sink into without causing her pain or any other unnecessary attention mongering noises. A quick glance scanned the room for supplies that could prove far more useful only to find nothing. Nothing other than her shirt. The mere thought caused her to peer down at the rest of her body. She wasn’t exactly planning on running around wearing nothing other than her bra for a top once her wound was cleaned up. That was a right reserved for only a precious few, and Mr. Munin was not one of them.

“You almost done back there?” He inquired.

“Nope.” She said accompanied by the sound of the subtle plop of a bottle getting uncorked. “Haven’t even started.”

Her hand grasped at the arm of her shirt. It almost pained her to do this, but it was a matter of survival. Favorite shirt or no, the arm of it had to go. The sound of fabric getting ripped reverberated around the room. It caused both of the Mandalorians outside to pause for a second.

<<“Did you hear that?”>> They spoke in Mando’a. A gruff voice sounded surprised.

<<”You are imagining things. What’s the matter, afraid of some old ruins, brother?”>> An equally gruff woman’s voice berated the other.

Kaili didn’t hear them. She merely went on with her business, applying alcohol to a gauze and carefully raising it towards her wound. It looked bad, but there was only one way forward from this. She took a deep breath, stuck the piece of fabric from her shirt in her mouth and gently lowered her teeth into it. She could taste the dirt — or quite possibly blood from it — alongside the salty flavored sweat. It wasn’t exactly the kind of thing a girl would actually want to stick in there, but it was the best that she had. With one hand on the cleaning rub and the other on the gauze she took a deep breath to still her nerves. The sterilized gauze touched her wound and…

“OHHHH-FUG!” The girl’s voice muffled between the fabric.

From outside Vilaz would hear the two Mandalorians stop dead in their tracks again.

<<”I think I heard something too.”>>

<<”Think we should alert the others?”>>

<<”No, let’s just find where it came from first. It might just be a critter.”>>

Meanwhile Kaili continued to clean her wound. The gauze turned red and she dropped it to the floor in order to grab a new one and continue the treatment.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom