Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Into the Jungle

"And I've got other places to be than on this damned rock," the Mando said to his companion, knowing that she had agreed to his plan of finding his ship. While they weren't heading towards the old Mandalorian fortress which was the equivalent of running into their deaths, they were still in a tight spot. They were metaphorically sandwiched due to the odds of Mandalorian search parties and the exotic wild of the Demon Moon. Then again, it was practically a battle royale. The beasts and animals were loyal to themselves as well as the Mando search parties that were seeking out Kaili and Vilaz. If it was a two-on-one scenario, then the odds of the Munin and the Talith were something that went along the lines of, "You're so karked."

The two began to move again after their short break and making an official decision of what they were going to do.

On the bright side of this situation, there was some hope of the two getting off Dxun and leaving it behind for a good amount of time. The steps and details mentioned by the Force User seemed pretty simple and easy to do. Sure it was easier said than done, but the fact that they had to find the pack of bomas or whatever animals that attacked them wasn't all that difficult. There were at least one or two of them dead and by finding the beasts' corpses would give a good sense of direction of exactly how far they are from Vilaz's ship.

"Wouldn't the Force be able to help us to find those dead animals that attacked us," the man asked to the blonde. The Munin hoped his question would have a good answer that would help them, but if the answer wasn't sweet music to his ears, then they'd have to rely on finding what they were looking for via tracing. Luckily, the Mando was a skilled hunter as it was a hobby of his, but one thing was tracking down prey and another thing was tracking down an animal or two which were killed mere hours ago.

[member="Kaili Talith"]

“Agreed.” Kaili had better places to be, people to see.

Bed felt appropriate. This wasn’t how it would end and nothing would make the girl think otherwise. Between having to fight boma to being hunted by Mandalorians, Kaili made the decision to let herself loose should she ever have the need for it. She trusted Vilaz enough to have her back if anything happened as a repercussion, but she didn’t really think that would be necessary.

“No, psychometry is far beyond me.” Kaili was, after all, not the goddess her father had once pretended to be.

She came close enough though.

“If we are lucky the corpses will be where we left them, if not…”

“Well, things could be worse.”

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Out of all the Force Powers Kaili was able to perform, psychometry or whatever it was called was one of the things that she could't perform. Did Vilaz know a single thing of psychometry? Heck, no. He wasn't interested or cared about the Force and what it could. Not just that, but he was also glad that he wasn't cursed by it. But there was one thing for sure that Vilaz knew: it was that they had to find those dead creatures the hard way which included more sweat, more worrisome, and more having their feet stuck on Dxun's earth.

"Well," he sighed, "I guess we're gonna have to do this the hard way." He didn't care about hard work or anything as long as their were intervals for him to take a break and regain some of his energy. Yes, even Mandalorians had to take a break from tedious work that they were going at it for hours upon hours. Speaking of which, he was somewhat tired from his adventure on the Demon Moon with the Talith. But there would be no sleep for the two. Not when their in the middle of nowhere in a jungle, with Mandalorians and wild animals hunting on them. Not even a five minute rest because that would just be another way of saying having an hour's worth of sleep.

"And don't worry. I don't know who or what would want to carry some heavy carcasses with them." The only thing he could imagine happening to them was scavengers coming upon the corpses and eating its remains. Nothing more and nothing less from that logical imagination.

"I hope you're able to do all-nighters cause we're not resting until we get to my ship." With that said and done, the Munin gestured for the woman to follow him.

"Let's get a move on."

[member="Kaili Talith"]

Oh, they were doing this the hard way alright. Kaili followed behind the man and let him lead the way. As far as fatigue went Kaili was still going on strong. At least as strong as anyone who had gotten shot in the shoulder would go. The stinging sensation and the tickling remained, but the smell and the grime was gone. She wouldn’t lose her arm, and that was the most important thing about the entire situation.

And to know that nothing would have, logically, moved the carcasses was good.

“Oh ho ho, you should ask my girlfr-” No wait, too personal! Kaili stopped and cleared her throat. “I mean, uh, I can keep going, no worries. Just keep your eyes open for the bodies.”

Her cheeks reddened. Her eyes shot out at the road ahead before she remembered. Her eye shot wide open before they promtply closed again. Kaili just had to focus on what Mara had taught her about how to move on instinct. It was, after all, how Kaili had aced her navigation courses in the LAA.

Or well, part of it.

With a deep breath Kaili kept her eyes closed and poked Vilaz on the shoulder, turned towards their left and set off. “It’s this way. I remember now.”

In the distance she could sense their destination, the bodies that they were searching for, shine like a beacon in a metaphysical abyss. “We’re two hours away.”

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom